Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
~~~

I wish we had an email address for the dad-SB. Just to let him know that even if one parent has decided against calling Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch, another parent or family member can make a formal request.

(IIRC it was Caylee's great-uncle Rick who initiated the TES search in Orlando)

Sigh

Why didn't the mother want Tim and Co. to come and search for Lindsey? That makes no sense to me at all. Doesn't she want her found?

IMO this guy moved on to his new life and new family. Sad to say, but I don't think he was too involved in Lindsey's life. That's the impression I'm getting.

He was supposed to be sent overseas when Lindsey went missing. I would guess that he has been sent by now. Especially since he is no longer in Lindsey's hometown. I would imagine that he keeps in touch with LE there and with friends who live in McCleary. We don't know that he isn't doing something to help find his daughter if at all possible. We don't hear a lot of what is going on or what others are doing.

Just from seeing him on TV and listening to him I believe he loves his daughter is is very worried about her. Lindsey's mom and dad had just gotten divorced and so it wasn't like he hadn't seen her in years. Some people work behind the scenes and some work on the front lines.

Why didn't the mother want Tim and Co. to come and search for Lindsey? That makes no sense to me at all. Doesn't she want her found?

~~~ I appreciate your comment Bobbisangel

To the best of my knowledge, we do not have confirmation one way or the other if TES has been contacted by anyone in Lindsey's family.

I should have worded my previous comment a little differently - my apologies.

As for the biodad having access to the internet or even a telephone if he is deployed at this time. (I don't know if he is or isn't) it would depend on where he is over there (I believe it was said he was deploying to Iraq).

He could very well be in a place where he doesn't have access to internet (or very infrequent access) and he may not even have access to make phone calls very often.

I don't know who he is with, I don't know what his job is within the reserves. He could be on a FOB with an actual bed, mess hall, and showers...or he could be at a remote site, or he could be on patrols. I don't know.

I'm not defending his behavior just offering an alternative view to as why we are not hearing from him at this point in time if indeed he is deployed. He may be in contact, he may not...just don't know.

(ETA: I have seen many soldiers that are in remote areas that only have access to phone and that is only once a month for about 10 minutes, they usually have to stand in line for hours to be able to place that 10 minute call too.)

IIRC, Lindsey's father was being sent to another state (perhaps Louisiana) for a few months of training prior to deploying to Iraq. MOO.

where are you luv?

hugs....to Lindsey :blowkiss:

where are you sweet girl, I have had to stay away from this thread other than to lurk, my baby girl is the same age and really I could be living in the same town only here in Ontario.... the size, closeness of community it is the same.

praying for answers soon....

in regards to the guy (the caretaker) let go from the park, i remember the night we were reading up on the minutes from Grays Harbor Commissioner meetings. the last one we read was that the discipline would be addressed in the next meeting or something like that.

i just went back to that site and looked. here is the July 20 minutes (pg 5)

http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/gh_minutes/Minutes/min20090720.pdf

they held an executive session but it says that no decisions were made.

i don't know if this was already mentioned and i missed it. if so, i apologize. i had forgotten all about that.

Wow, that individual was wanted on a warrant from Washburn County, Wisconsin for first degree sexual assault of a child. If indeed that is the individual, it's scary that he was able to obtain employment with Grays Harbor County.

http://www.co.washburn.wi.us/departments/lawenforcement/mostwanted.htm
Hi Hyldo, I called the Shell Lake WI PD this afternoon when I got home from work. The minute the officer heard this guys name he told me he was in the area and had bonded out.

I asked if there was any thought given to him being involved in Lindsey's disappearance and he said he had heard nothing like that re this man.

So now we punt! I am interested in taking a good look at Jennifer's idea that she is between McCleary and Shelton. I am awful at finding good maps. But wouldn't it be helpful to look at all the loggind roads and how they intersect, then see them in the correct topography. Driving them you can feel like you are suddenly in a maze and your direction gets all turned around. It would take a local to use them effectively.

It is not unusual though in that area for bodies to be dumped along logging roads. I know of 3 in the area and there must be many more. IMO xxoxx

PS: It might not hurt to go back to basics and together construct a profile of the perp. We have some basics to go on. I will volunteer to write to Pat Brown and get her ideas if anyone would like.

IIRC, Lindsey's father was being sent to another state (perhaps Louisiana) for a few months of training prior to deploying to Iraq. MOO.

Thanks Track, I remember reading that too, in fact it would not be an immediate deployment for him.

I also thought at the time how odd it was for him to be sent to Iraq. I thought we were pulling our men out of there and sending fresh troops to Afghanistan. That is where it is happening now.

I also agree he is not an overly emotional guy. It is unfair to compare him with the likes of all the fathers we have known in our cases who have been totally devestated on camera. It doesn't mean he doesn't care as much, just that he maybe can't show it. xox

Bumping for Lindsey !
Where are you .....:(

IMO this guy moved on to his new life and new family. Sad to say, but I don't think he was too involved in Lindsey's life. That's the impression I'm getting.

As ugly a scenario as that sounds, clearly it's a possibility. And, if so, following an argument and dispute on Maple that evening between hopeful plans with Michaela for a sleep over, and troubles with brother J and the bike dispute, would it be too incredible to consider that Lindsey may have decided to "catch a ride" to dad's place by an acquaintance who happened to drive by and who offered an understanding ear to her about all that she was experiencing: the divorce, the trouble, the brother, the screwed up plans that night since things weren't really going too well for her at all that night.

An impulsive acceptance of a "ride" from someone who lended a seeming understanding ear to her as she raged her way home, alone, and bugged by a whole lot of things at that moment in time, would be relatively quick, silent, and non-confrontational on Maple at that time.

Then, at the same general time, we hear about all of these spottings in and around the Fort Lewis area where the psychotic "Smiley" set out mattresses, toys, cell phone cameras, and other in order to lure children to his little woodland lair, and one or more individuals seeming to leading a LB lookalike along the highway just north of Fort Lewis.

Perhaps SB had set into his new life but it appears clear to me that Lindsey had not, and was missing her dad at that point in time, the divorce being fresh on her mind and all of what was happening that night just got her worked up to the point where she became less than wise about decisions. This Friday evening was not going her way. Who knows, maybe the "white car" rumor mill thing was a reality and that white car just happened by Maple at that time because the driver was watching her swim with friends and was waiting for a time to take action. Perhaps she was just so annoyed with everything that she finally succumbed to the approaches of the white car driver in order to get back to dad.

Anyway, perhaps a consideration, at least a passing glance, imo.

He was supposed to be sent overseas when Lindsey went missing. I would guess that he has been sent by now. Especially since he is no longer in Lindsey's hometown. I would imagine that he keeps in touch with LE there and with friends who live in McCleary. We don't know that he isn't doing something to help find his daughter if at all possible. We don't hear a lot of what is going on or what others are doing.

Just from seeing him on TV and listening to him I believe he loves his daughter is is very worried about her. Lindsey's mom and dad had just gotten divorced and so it wasn't like he hadn't seen her in years. Some people work behind the scenes and some work on the front lines.

Well said, Bobbi, I feel the same. I am bugged, though, by the lack of "voice" by the dad simply because his voice has power and influence, note how the newscasts increased in amplitude when everyone discovered that he was going to be deployed. That power and influence could well have been directed to an incredible manifestation of news direction towards the finding of Lindsey, and if I was Lindsey's daddy, I would use every single possible force to keep direction and force towards the finding of my daughter...and that would by my PRIORITY over all other things.

I simply believe that he is missing out on that opportunity and I'm not sure why. I am mystified at his complete silence. His daughter, Lindsey, is missing and his contribution to the search seems to date to be zero, beyond those few comments made in McCleary at the beginning.

Re: Logging Roads

I wanted to bring forward a post written by Coldcaseman on the 'Elma Woods ~ Jane Doe' thread here. He paints a picture with his words of a logging road outside Elma where this lady's body was found.

She was found October 24th 1988 and was said to have died between 1983 and 1987. She was dead in the woods at least a year and up to 5 years before she was found by a mushrooom picker:

" . . . . The whole area is hilly, and there are alot of slopes where Chantrelles grow."

" . . . . The whole area is frequented by mushroom, deer and, elk hunters. It's a remote area, and a long way to go to take a prostitute. There is an extensive logging road system, and one would need to know where they are going. The body was 200 feet from the end of the spur road, down a hill and through some brush. She was under several small logs that had either fallen or had been placed into a small pile. It is unknown if she crawled under the pile in an attempt to hide, or was murdered and logs were stacked over the body. She wasn't dumped there, it's too far to carry a body through difficult terrain, and evidence at the scene tells me she was murdered where she was found."
Coldcaseman

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44275&highlight=jane+elma

I would really like to know as much as possible from locals and posts already provided about the white car thing and also the lost dog poster fella. I think that one, or both, of these things may be significant. Wish I had the time to categorize and look into those two things.

I would really like to know as much as possible from locals and posts already provided about the white car thing and also the lost dog poster fella. I think that one, or both, of these things may be significant. Wish I had the time to categorize and look into those two things.

Too bad we're not on the MPD force Norm. ;} If it is true Lindsey's friend was also spoken to by this man {Possibly RUMOR, who knows for sure} who said he'd let her drive his car, I am sure LE have an idea who he is as they would have talked to her, right? They did talk to Mlachester who gave out that info, so she probably filled them in.

Has the 'lost dog' info been mentioned on any other sites? xox

Too bad we're not on the MPD force Norm. ;} If it is true Lindsey's friend was also spoken to by this man {Possibly RUMOR, who knows for sure} who said he'd let her drive his car, I am sure LE have an idea who he is as they would have talked to her, right? They did talk to Mlachester who gave out that info, so she probably filled them in.

Has the 'lost dog' info been mentioned on any other sites? xox

Just a check in before heading off to bed, your question is one I'd like a review on in the area of answers. Someone, I believe MB, claimed the dog rescue posters were legit but I still like to see a photo of one of them, personally. I heard that a number of them were still attached to poles in July, but never saw a post of one. People don't usually go ripping down "lost dog" posters so there should still be a few up on the poles somewhere in McCleary, imo.

Just grabbing at straws

Morning Lindsey's Thread ~

Can someone remind me of the details of the dance that was held on June 26th.
Was it in Elma?

Thanks ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members