Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks scandi :)

i didnt see that....but i do now :)

i just put the pics in the dream thread....ive never done one before....i dont have dreams....only feelings about stuff-people....so i tried to post pics on what i was feeling....

thanks scandi :)

i didnt see that....but i do now :)

i just put the pics in the dream thread....ive never done one before....i dont have dreams....only feelings about stuff-people....so i tried to post pics on what i was feeling....

Thanks Note, I'll go take a look-see.

I was at work all afternoon and you guys were right there on my mind as I slaved away in the dungeons. LOLOLOL I wanted to be right here with you, hangin and a waiting for the SW's to come up. Maybe tomoz, eh?

Didn't think anyone would take me literally when I said Oprah. Sorry to upset. What I meant is exactly what you said . Oprah's designated staff. By staff I guess that might include a cameran, boom operator, interviewer, assistance. I'm sure there is a better description than I'v given. When referring to Oprah I met her mission statement in life "Children" not her physical body. Her producers are known for last minute cancellations, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I wouldn't want anything to get in the way of Lindsey's story being aired worldwide. I should have made myself more clear. It's late and these have been long days. Night All Time to rest the brain.

oh, kageykaren...That's exactly what I meant..her mission in life. And I really do believe that if given enough push, and the timing was right, Oprah would appear in person. The reason I mentioned it is that Chicago news tonight was filled with Copenhagen Denmark along with much video of Oprah. Certainly not a complaint or anything personal. sleep well :blowkiss:

Can any locals tell me how far away is Startup from McCleary or is it in a path connected by a main highway??? I just came across these articles....you just never know if there could be a connection to Lindsey. Since LE hasn't named an official POI yet!

ETA: I take that back they have said they have a POI.....just haven't released the name or brought charges yet!

At this point I think everything needs to be explored in anyway possible to help find Lindsey....even if we agree to disagree all avenues need to be explored & sleuthed! JMHO

*NOTE Below Article: I thought with school back in session & it's always good to refresh any safety tips that I added a bit of info from one of the articles that was part of a couple of secondary headlines in the article too!

POLICE SEARCH FOR SUSPECT IN ATTEMPTED ABDUCTION IN STARTUP
October 01, 2009
<snipped>
It may be a parent&#8217;s worst nightmare; a child abducted by a stranger not far from the safety of her own home. Although abduction of a child by stranger is an exceedingly rare crime, when it happens close to home or to a loved one, it is one of the most terrifying of all life events for any family.

And authorities say it almost happened Tuesday in Startup.

Rebecca Hover, spokeswoman for the Snohomish County Sheriff&#8217;s office says a 10-year old second grade girl reported she was waiting at a bus stop near the 14200 block of 367th Ave. SE Tuesday morning when a man ran toward her. She became frightened and ran to a nearby neighbor&#8217;s house.

The girl said the man then followed her and came at least partway down the driveway of the neighbor&#8217;s house before he ran off. The girl went home and told her dad what happened and he in turn went outside and looked for the suspect.

< WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO KEEP YOUR CHILD SAFE >
From what is known from national statistics of child abductions by strangers, it appears that children who fight back and/or run have better odds of thwarting the abductor and escaping the prospect of becoming entrapped in the abductor&#8217;s vehicle.

The study found that 60% of the victims who fought back escaped from their would be abductors, according to the ongoing study's initial findings. Thirty percent managed to run away before any physical contact with the abductor and only 10% were saved when an adult nearby intervened.

And according to a 1990 report by the U.S. Justice Department it is important for parents and children to know that in 80% of abductions by strangers, the first contact occurs within a quarter mile of the child's home. In many cases, the abduction does, too.

Most strangers grab their victims on the street or try to lure them into their vehicles and about 74% of the victims of non-family child abduction are girls.

This statistic indicates it is important for neighbors in a community to call 9-1-1 anytime they see a stranger acting suspicious in the area or hanging out in places a stranger does not normally loiter in or slowly driving through the area in a suspicious manner, as many sexual predators are known to case a potential victim&#8217;s surroundings and comings and goings over a period of time, in some cases for weeks at a time.

It is to a predator's advantage to have leisurely, undisturbed time in a neighborhood to case the best location in which to grab the victim and the easiest, fastest escape route.

Above all, an abductor wants an easy, quick grab of a victim and an easy, fast getaway. The key words in the equation are EASY and FAST.

Anything that sends a warning signal to the predator that those objectives cannot be obtained in a given area will often cause the predator to leave that &#8220;hunting ground&#8221; and move on.

< ABDUCTION BY STRANGER IS RARE EVENT >
A much large number of children, about 58,000, were taken that year for shorter periods of time, mostly by people they knew but not relatives. In those cases, nearly half were sexually assaulted and fewer than 1% were killed. Nearly two-thirds of those victims were girls, mostly teens.

The latest statistics on child abduction, according to the United States Justice Department's 2002 report, revealed these child abduction facts:

~ On average, 2,185 children under the age of 18 were reported missing each day of the study year.

~ That adds up to more than 797,500 children annually.

~ Of that total, almost that 204,000 - or about 25 percent -- were family abductions.

~ An estimated 58,200 were abducted by someone other than a family member.

~ Of those 58,200 only 115 were taken by complete or partial strangers and kept for a period or killed.

~ At the time of the latest study (in 2002), at least 322 children had been recovered safely through the AMBER Alert program.

Article:
http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/S...FOR-SUSPECT-IN-ATTEMPTED-ABDUCTION-IN-STARTUP
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE: ATTEMPTED ABDUCTION IN STARTUP
New Police Sketch
September 29, 2009
<snipped>
The Snohomish County Sheriff&#8217;s office is investigating a reported attempted abduction of a young girl in Startup today, Tuesday.

Rebecca Hover, spokeswoman for the Sheriff&#8217;s office says a 10-year old second grade girl reported she was waiting at a bus stop near the 14200 block of 367th Ave. SE this morning when a man ran toward her. She became frightened and ran to a nearby neighbor&#8217;s house.

The girl said the man followed her and came at least partway down the driveway before he ran off.

The girl went home and told her dad what happened. Her dad went outside and looked for the suspect.

The father reported seeing a man he didn&#8217;t recognize get into a faded green truck, possibly a Datsun (1970s or 1980s model), and drive off. The father later called 911.

Deputies searched the area but didn&#8217;t spot the suspect vehicle.

The girl &#8211; who only saw the suspect on foot - described the suspect as a white male, about 5 feet 9 inches tall and bald, possibly in his mid 20s. He is described as having a medium build and was wearing ripped blue jeans and a dark blue T-shirt.

Police Sketch of man who tried to abduct gilr in Startup Tuesday.
img2009092922561433556068.jpg

Map shows where in Startup attempted abduction happened.
img200909292343581209465423.jpg

Article:
http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/S...UCTION-IN-STARTUP-br-New-Police-Sketch-180620
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ATTEMPTED ABDUCTION IN STARTUP
September 29, 2009
<snipped>
Rebecca Hover, spokeswoman for the Sheriff&#8217;s office says a second grade girl reported she was waiting at a bus stop near the 14200 block of 367th Ave. SE this morning when a man ran toward her. She ran off to a nearby house and the man ran past her, she said.

The girl went home and told her dad what happened and her dad went outside and looked for the suspect. The father reported seeing a man he didn&#8217;t recognize get into a faded green truck, possibly a Datsun (1970s or 1980s model) and drive off. The father later called 911.

Deputies searched the area but didn&#8217;t spot the suspect vehicle.

The victim described the suspect as a white male, 5 feet 9 inches tall, balding with hair around his ears. He was wearing ripped blue jeans and a dark blue T-shirt.

Article:
http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/STARTUP/ATTEMPTED-ABDUCTION-IN-STARTUP-180538

I apologize if someone posted it already....I'm sooooooo behind on so many threads due to my eye infections & eyelid surgery for it. Please forgive me for any typos I may have pain meds in use along with blurry vission = typos or not making sense!! :biggrin:

:angel:

Hi Angel and thanks for the links. He looks like a very determined and dangerous guy!

Startup is really in a different area of the state, off the beaten path to speak. It is north of Seattle and east out of Everett in the area where the mountains start to rise. It is the on the way to skiing country. I don't know how far away that is from McCleary, and it could be possible he is hitting different areas in his quest for young girls.

I took this from your link from the Seattle PI, and seem to think there is hope we might have more info this week:

"The sheriff's office will unseal the search warrants later this week, at which time the contents found during last week's search will be made public."

Maybe we will have the SW tomorrow. xox, and thanks for your links.

Hi Angel and thanks for the links. He looks like a very determined and dangerous guy!

Startup is really in a different area of the state, off the beaten path to speak. It is north of Seattle and east out of Everett in the area where the mountains start to rise. It is the on the way to skiing country. I don't know how far away that is from McCleary, and it could be possible he is hitting different areas in his quest for young girls.

I took this from your link from the Seattle PI, and seem to think there is hope we might have more info this week:

"The sheriff's office will unseal the search warrants later this week, at which time the contents found during last week's search will be made public."

Maybe we will have the SW tomorrow. xox, and thanks for your links.

I saw this briefly mentioned somewhere...not sure where? And I was pretty sure it is off the beaten path, like you said. There isn't any main highway that passed both towns or anything, right? Don't you have to go south and then north again just to get there?

I guess I could have mapquested it...or did I already? Dont feel bad Angel, I"m all mixed up and I haven't been dealing with a sick hubby! I pray he heals quickly!

Angel Who Cares - thank you. That's amazing detail for a 10yo...bless her heart.

Is that a collar around his neck? Sounds like he likes little girls and some pedophiles will travel to find them.

With the Lindsey case so high profile, I'm surprised he would attempt a kidnap.

With that kind of sketch, LE will hopefully find him.

Just babbling

Can any locals tell me how far away is Startup from McCleary or is it in a path connected by a main highway??? I just came across these articles....you just never know if there could be a connection to Lindsey. Since LE hasn't named an official POI yet!

I apologize if someone posted it already....I'm sooooooo behind on so many threads due to my eye infections & eyelid surgery for it. Please forgive me for any typos I may have pain meds in use along with blurry vission = typos or not making sense!! :biggrin:

:angel:

We were talking about this earlier, do have maps posted etc, will see if I can find them. Startup has easy access to a main highway.

(I grabbed some past quotes on Startup)

Startup is 109 miles away from McCleary

Snohomish County is several counties east and north of Grays Harbor County (where McCleary is) but it is still in western Washington, meaning west of the mountain range that divides the state.

Washington state maps

Yes and the community of Startup in 2000 had 817 people, I think the news describes the location as the "area" of Startup, but no matter what, this looks to also be a lightly populated place. With access to a highway.

Is anyone else not really sure what to think anymore? We have a POI, that we can't ID or talk about. We have a similar kidnap attempt in the same general area (it's a big state) and I can't get the picture of Tabitha Tuders out of my head. I have been confused, happens with stunning regularity, but I haven't been this confused in a very long time.

(I grabbed some past quotes on Startup)

Startup is 109 miles away from McCleary

Snohomish County is several counties east and north of Grays Harbor County (where McCleary is) but it is still in western Washington, meaning west of the mountain range that divides the state.

Washington state maps

Yes and the community of Startup in 2000 had 817 people, I think the news describes the location as the "area" of Startup, but no matter what, this looks to also be a lightly populated place. With access to a highway.

Just like McCleary - Startup has access to a highway and is a very small town. About what, 1:45 -2 hours away...Is it any more off the beaten path than McCleary would be? Sounds to me like this guy is desperate - he follows a 10yo through the front yard, 1/2 way to her door, in the midst of a high profile case not that far away. Hooray for that little 10yo - she provided enough info for a great sketch.

Are there any photos or videos of the other little girl? I am just curious if she looks like Lindsey. Not that it means anything either way.

Homeowner Posts List Of Items Seized In McCleary Search
Posted: 7:42 am PDT October 2, 2009
Updated: 8:14 am PDT October 2, 2009

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- A McCleary homeowner angry over a search for evidence in a missing girl case has posted a list of items police took from the home.

Police acknowledged that the search that began Friday found no evidence that will help find 11-year-old Lindsey Baum, who disappeared June 26 while walking home from a friend's house.

UNCUT: Police Team Searches McCleary Property

The homeowner posted the documents on a forum, detailing what police removed from the house and explaining where each item came from.

The documents show police took clothes, film, computer equipment, condoms and a "bag with green vegetation" that the homeowner described as "weed."

http://www.kirotv.com/news/21181508/detail.html

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- A McCleary homeowner angry over a search for evidence in a missing girl case has posted a list of items police took from the home.

Police acknowledged that the search that began Friday found no evidence that will help find 11-year-old Lindsey Baum, who disappeared June 26 while walking home from a friend's house.

The homeowner posted the documents on a forum, detailing what police removed from the house and explaining where each item came from.

The documents show police took clothes, film, computer equipment, condoms and a "bag with green vegetation" that the homeowner described as "weed."

The homeowner told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Richard Thompson that "they didn't find anything here because we didn't do anything to that little girl."

A relative of the man who was the focus of the search said that "the only reason they were doing this search is, he gave a wrong answer to a question by a detective on the telephone."

The homeowner has contacted a lawyer and is considering a lawsuit.

The homeowner told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Richard Thompson that "they didn't find anything here because we didn't do anything to that little girl."

A relative of the man who was the focus of the search said that "the only reason they were doing this search is, he gave a wrong answer to a question by a detective on the telephone."

The homeowner has contacted a lawyer and is considering a lawsuit.

That is so funny..we posted at the same time...lol
Jinks You owe me a coke!

The Vidette newspaper covers McCleary and area, they've been regularly covering Lindsey's story.

Currently they have a story on their web site with the headline Three Months without a Trace (scroll down to find it) but they (the web site) only have a very abbreviated version of what is published in their October 1st print hard copy newspaper.

This part caught my interest in the October 1st hard copy issue of The Vidette (Reporter is Tommi Halvorsen Gatlin):

Investigators questioned a man who appeared to be in his 20s Friday afternoon behind the McCleary police station before taking him inside. The man was shirtless but was not handcuffed. He admitted that he "may have" engaged in small-time drug dealing but denied involvement with Lindsey's disappearance.

"You're accusing me of killing that little girl," he said in a tearful denial to a man wearing a black suit and sunglasses, flanked by sheriff's deputies.

The man was a resident at one of the searched locations who was drawn to law enforcement's attention by "inital information," Sgt. Steve Shumate of the Grays Harbor Sheriff's office said Tuesday.

JVK as always....your pics are so wonderful....thank you, thank you so much for doing that...taking pics and sharing them with us.....:)...wish i could be down there with you guys today....i really wish i could....:)

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/63303447.html

Investigators probe conflicting alibis in girl's disappearance

A man's conflicting stories to acquaintances were among the factors that led to the issuance of a search warrant in the Lindsey Baum case, according to an affidavit in support of the warrant obtained by KOMO News.

The court documents identify as a person of interest a man connected to the properties searched last week.

<snip>

According to the affidavit, a person contacted investigators more than a month after the girl disappeared with information that led detectives to identify the man as a person of interest.

The tipster said the man always drove a distinctive car with a loud exhaust, and found it suspicious that the man stopped driving the vehicle after Lindsey disappeared.

Another person told detectives that they saw the vehicle near where Lindsey was last seen the night she vanished.

<snip>

According to the court document, detectives have received multiple conflicting statements about where the person of interest was on the night of June 26.

Investigators wrote that the man told them he was working a second job at the time, but the business told detectives he hadn't been there in weeks.

Others have given investigators differing accounts of where the man may have been when Lindsey went missing.

A friend of the man told investigators she spoke with the person of interest on the phone in the day's after Lindsey's disappearance and he told her he "could not believe that a girl had been taken and cut up and dismembered," a sheriff's detective wrote in the affidavit.

<snip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member