WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking it's not the weight issue that kept him from deploying.

I was talking to my son last night (he is Army NG just like AG is) and he said weight will NOT keep you from deploying. He said a few guys in his unit were "over weight" when they deployed and they were told.. "You'll lose it once you get there" and they did.

If not making weight kept guys from going to war.. you can bet there would be at least a few military guys gaining an extra 10 lbs to keep them from going. ;)

I was talking to my son last night (he is Army NG just like AG is) and he said weight will NOT keep you from deploying. He said a few guys in his unit were "over weight" when they deployed and they were told.. "You'll lose it once you get there" and they did.

If not making weight kept guys from going to war.. you can bet there would be at least a few military guys gaining an extra 10 lbs to keep them from going. ;)

Yeah that's just what i was told after passing through several people.

More than possible...if you look at the WA state court records..

Yep

An open one from Shelton Municipal from June 11, 2009 - wonder when the court date was/is - can't see.

The most interesting one is a jail booking 24 October/08 for violating a civil anti-harassment order.

Oh my ........ maybe AG didn't meet the minimum weight requirements (if there is such a thing).

I'll have to ask my son but my husband said when he was in the Army (the 90's) there wasn't a minimum weight requirement.

I agree with this. I have never heard of "not making weight" when enlisting anywhere. I thought this only applied to wrestling. My son was ANG for many years - both under and over weight and never had a problem.

Salem

ON TG's Sparks page ... She said something like :( son left for boot camp and I cannot remember the date right now. On AG's MS he said something like "hopefully Knox". I took that to mean he was hopeful to get Knox as a duty station? Nurse can correct me, but I do think they can hold you out of Boot Camp if you're overweight but not deployment. AG does not look "under-weight", maybe the other way though.

Knox, Correct they can keep you out of boot camp if you don't make weight. My daughters boyfriend had that happen. He had a set amount of time to lose weight or he would have something done (not sure what the military does if you "break contract", which not making weight would be considered). But it will not keep you from deploying.

I wonder what unit AG is in. Does anyone have that info? NG is usually in the state you live in. Correct? I would think the only way he could go to Ft Knox would be if he was enlisted in the Army not the National Guard.

ON TG's Sparks page ... She said something like :( son left for boot camp and I cannot remember the date right now. On AG's MS he said something like "hopefully Knox". I took that to mean he was hopeful to get Knox as a duty station? Nurse can correct me, but I do think they can hold you out of Boot Camp if you're overweight but not deployment. AG does not look "under-weight", maybe the other way though.

Good Morning, At least we do know he was at a vigil in McCleary in Sept as per Jennifer's post of last evening, and that other searchers saw him there. Not being deployed as we thought and still in McCleary was a big shocker! Still is! It makes one wonder why we were led to believe differently :waitasec:

I did a search on military.com for him

Came up with three entries
AG with no middle initial- Marine Corps ROTC WA
AG with no middle initial- No Branch listed Reservist (drilling) WA
AG with middle initial D- Marine Corps ROTC WA

Knox would be active duty so I am assuming that he is not NG. Many possibilities for MOS's, my son's a tanker at Knox, can't even speculate what unit he would be in.

Good Morning, At l;east we dop know he was at a vigil in McCleary in Sept as per Jennifer's post of last evening, and that other searchers saw him there. Not being deployed as we thought and still in McCleary was a big shocker! Still is! It makes one wonder why we were led to believe differently :waitasec:

Small correction: I don't know if he was at the vigil. But I do know that he volunteered for a search in September.

Just letting everyone know..
Linda (search center director) just got a call and the Oprah show with Lindseys story on it is supposed to air on 10/13/09 unless something should happen to bump it.

So set your DVRs so you don't miss it.

Just heard from Gay Smither and Dawn Davis of the Laura Recovery Center - they were at the taping of the Oprah show today. From what they could tell, Lindsey was not highlighted on the show. Show appeared to focus on JayCee Dugard and several long term missing cases.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Just heard from Gay Smither and Dawn Davis of the Laura Recovery Center - they were at the taping of the Oprah show today. From what they could tell, Lindsey was not highlighted on the show. Show appeared to focus on JayCee Dugard and several long term missing cases.

That's heartbreaking news. :(

Units located on Fort Knox are considered “Partners in Excellence” and include active duty Army organizations, Army Reserve, National Guard and the U.S. Marine Corps.
http://www.knox.army.mil/

This is from the Fort Knox main page. So, he could be at Fort Knox even if he's in the Guard or Reserves.

(I don't know who he is or what the issues are surrounding him. A brother of DG?)

:( that is .....very sad

I understand why viewers would want to hear about jaycee....cause well i do.....i also think they could at least cut a few mins off of jaycee since she is home now and safe....and gave a little to a child Lindsey who is not home, safe and in her mothers arms!!

im sure if jaycee and her family knew this....she would want oprah to give some of jaycee's time to another missing little girl :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphmaic