WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can actually see Jim Mullins creek area from the search center.

I think you might be able to find where it's talked about in the media thread. I believe it was in one of the early videos.

was Jim R a police cheif in Ruston Wa?

I deleted some info....i found....because im not sure its the guy as the Jim R you all are talking about :)

let me know if it is....i found some court docs on it....but its for a town of Ruston

ok.....i read back a tiny bit....and i think it is the same jim R

again....sorry if you already have this info....

court doc's included: http://rustonhome.blogspot.com/2008/04/reinhold-claims-dammages-of-165-million.html

*Here is the official claim for $1.65 million filed by former police cheif Jim R.*

fleece, I don't know if Jim or his house are 'suspect' to some or not.. but Jims "creek" (which is more of a ditch) was searched 6 times when Lindsey first went missing. I've always wondered why since that was something like a block or so south of where she was last seen. A lot of people have heard (rumors-as there is no confirmed sighting of her on 6th that we know about) that Lindsey might have gone south on 6th instead of going straight down Maple towards home.

Morning Jennifer, There was one great article about JM and the searches on his property, as well as the TV interview video, and I believe it was only a few days after Lindsey went missing where it said the searchers are back out today at Jim Mullin's property. I think all 6 searches were done in the first few days. In the morning I'll go pull that article and bring it here {after I go up and buy a new mouse. LOL

There are many reasons why I think right out of the chute LE believed she turned and walked up south on 6th. I'll write those out later this morning, but it had to be something that LE learned to point them in that direction to zone in heavily like that. Minding also their searches had nothing to do with Oakse's dogs sniffing her there as that came later. Maybe their dogs did and they withheld that from the public.

xox

fleece, I don't know if Jim or his house are 'suspect' to some or not.. but Jims "creek" (which is more of a ditch) was searched 6 times when Lindsey first went missing. I've always wondered why since that was something like a block or so south of where she was last seen. A lot of people have heard (rumors-as there is no confirmed sighting of her on 6th that we know about) that Lindsey might have gone south on 6th instead of going straight down Maple towards home.

Thanks Jennifer for giving us that info on the 'ditch' being the creek. None of us could find it on the map and you completed that blank. xox

Hi Note, I see you are up and wanted to say hope you are getting better. As to Ruston, I need to read your links in the morning, but think it is the same guy. After McCleary I think he went to Ruston where he got the boot and he is now a PI. Is that right? xox

hi scandi.....i dont know....im on cough meds....trying to catch up....LOL....i keep posting stuff and then deleting it....LOL

i was trying to find a court date....for someone who was looking for it...and came across the info i posted above....not sure it helps....but i was trying :)

i cant stop thinking about Lindsey....:hug:

Morning Jennifer, There was one great article about JM and the searches on his property, as well as the TV interview video, and I believe it was only a few days after Lindsey went missing where it said the searchers are back out today at Jim Mullin's property. I think all 6 searches were done in the first few days. In the morning I'll go pull that article and bring it here {after I go up and buy a new mouse. LOL

There are many reasons why I think right out of the chute LE believed she turned and walked up south on 6th. I'll write those out later this morning, but it had to be something that LE learned to point them in that direction to zone in heavily like that. Minding also their searches had nothing to do with Oakse's dogs sniffing her there as that came later. Maybe their dogs did and they withheld that from the public.

xox

I expect the wooded area in this pic was / is being searched?

McCleary.png

xox

i believe you are right scandi.....they went to that area for a reason.....

good morning chuckmaureen and momtective!!

im going back to bed.....meds kicking in again.....be back later :)

I have to admit this case is extremely baffling. No [reported] clues? No [reported] forensics?

Something is very wrong or at least, odd. Read this excerpt, and focus on what MB, LB's mother, is reported as having stated:

Baum’s mother called the McCleary Police Department at 10:50 p.m., having waited in case her daughter had stopped to talk to her friend or otherwise dawdled, Patrick said. Melissa Baum said Lindsey wasn’t angry Friday night, and left without money, a change of clothes or her cellphone. Police have searched for the girl in the homes of her friends, in case she had been “hiding out.” “She wouldn’t have run away,” Baum said, her voice hoarse. “If she had been hiding she would have come out by now. She can’t hide that long, she loves to talk.”

Baum called her daughter a “mama’s girl,” and said the two were re-reading the Harry Potter books aloud to prepare for the upcoming movie. Lindsey wanted to have her friend over to read with them, and left while it was still light out.

Excerpted from this link: http://www.helpfindmychild.net/lindsey-baum

My comments, questions:
  • MB waited (presumably to contact police) .... in case her daughter stopped to talk to her friend. I take that as LB was on her way home and might have stopped somewhere along the way to talk with a friend? Which friend, other than MK, lives along the path to LB's home. We'd have to know which path LB had taken to go home. Might we assume MB knows the path on which that other friend lives? Or perhaps, MB meant the friend as being MK, that LB had stopped, meaning 'paused' while leaving MK's house. Ok, I can accept that ... or maybe not. Remember, police searched a property on South 6th street, an off-beat direction towards LB's house.
  • Wasn't angry Friday night .... most likely in response to police having asked if LB was angry or otherwise had reason to want to run away or hide. But, why did MB state "Friday night"? On which nights then was LB angry, and why? MB may have been made aware of the daytime argument between LB and JB because JB might have told MB when he returned home earlier that day, but how could MB know LB was no longer angry that night, since MB had not seen LB after she had left for MK's house, before the daytime argument even occurred?
  • Left without money, a change of clothes or her cellphone .... we may safely assume MB meant LB 'left' from her own house without the above items, not from MK's. But I find this odd: if the group was going to MK's house to ask if LB could sleepover, why wouldn't LB have taken at least a single change of underwear and shirt (light, easy to carry). If permitted to sleep over, did LB expect to walk back to her house to retrieve items and then walk back to MK's? By then, it would have been dark-dark. And why didn't MB or LB or MK simply call MK's parents, when the group was still at LB's house after the swim, to ask about sleepover?
  • Lindsey wanted to have her friend over to read with them, and left while it was still light out .... we were led to believe LB was to (inquire to) sleepover at MK's that evening ... not return home to read with her mother and 'friend'. Which freind was that to be? The friend that began walking LB home from MK's, but only did so part way? Why did the friend not continue walking with LB, back to LB's house to read? What occurred on the way back to LB's that made the friend leave LB? Or, not what occurred, but who?
The last two point items are contradicting. Which was it? Sleepover at MK's house or read Harry Potter with a 'friend' at LB's house?

It might appear that MB did not know LB was to ask MK's parents if she could sleepover. MB was expecting to read Harry Potter that evening? Odd.

Of course, MB might have been referring to that LB, MK and MB were reading Harry Potter after the swim and before the group actually left for MK's house, and wanted to leave for MK's house before darkness set in. If so, then this is explained. Still, why not simply call MK's parents and ask about sleepover before the group left for MK's house .. that way, LB would know whether she should bring clothes. Odd.

Forgive me if I do not post links to back up my next comments, but I'm hoping many have already read MK's mother's and father's comments on what happened at their house that evening:

MK's father is quoted as having stated *he* told LB to start home, since it was getting late. MK's mother is also quoted as having stated the same .. except that she stated *she* told LB to start for home. Whom's covering for whom, if at all? Just odd.

That seems a minor point but yet, there is the inconsistency.

Now, LB's comment posted on MS:

I've been getting a lot of nightmares lately

I have a bad feeling that something bads gonna happen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...study-intriguing-dreams-convinced-doctor.html

I believe without a doubt, that LB had premonition nightmares. I also believe her 'feeling' was genuine and convincing, at least to herself. No doubt. I wonder, did she know *when* the 'something bads [sic] gonna happen' was to occur? To who(m)? Did she walk a path to accept her 'fate'?

Someone other than LB probably knows LB's 'nightmares' details. LB posted her comment on MS ... LB's friends also had accounts on MS ... so may we assume LB's friends were aware of the comment? May we also assume LB's friend(s) would have asked LB what she meant?

If a child experiences nightmares or otherwise feels frightful of something (besides parents or other family members) do they not in fact feel more / most comfortable staying home with their parent(s)? Snuggle snuggle? If a child does not feel their parent(s) can, or will not protect them from what they fear, what can the child do? Avoid the something? If possible.

What 'something' might happen that night at the B residence that made LB want to sleepover at the K residence? Perhaps nothing. Perhaps just a sleepover, as kids are wont to do.

Or was MB to have a visitor that evening? Just thinking outside the box ....

More thoughts and questions, and some conclusions:
  • JB left with the girls to go to MK's house? Why? Not typical behavior for a boy his age to want to hang with girls their age. Two+ years apart? Why?
  • Who / where are JB's friends? At JB's age, boys hang with boys, girls hang with girls.
  • During a search for his missing sister, JB was non-chalantly walking amongst the crowd, sipping a drink. If it were my sibling gone missing I don't think I'd be so casual and thirsty as I was searching and wondering what happened. I'm not accusing nor condemning ... just pointing out what I consider an oddity. Makes me wonder about his mental state ... is he ok, in light of the situation?
  • Why was the group pushing JB's broken-chain bicycle as they walked toward MK's house? I also read they may have left the bike behind the Shell station. Forgive me if this is not established fact ... I am unable (again) to locate the site that reported those tidbits. Anyway, speculation follows: what if a perp is actually obsessed with JB, and was upset that LB may have broken JB's bike? Anger ensued? Far-fetched, but just as possible as anything else.
Somebody knows more than what has been revealed about what occurred in the weeks and days previous to, and / or on that fateful summer evening of Friday June 26, 2009.

Lindsey, what happened to you :no:

Just throw another wrench in this case, Chuck but when Lindsey left her house Melissa was under the impression that Lindsey was going to be spending the night with her friend. Except, once Lindsey make it to her friends house she was told she couldn't stay. According to KK, her cell phone was on charge which could explain the delay in hearing from Melissa. But, why would Melissa be concerned as to where Lindsey was when the last she understood, Lindsey was spending the night at KK's house. Lindsey didn't have her cell phone and KK's was on the charger so how did Melissa determine Lindsey was missing.

Don't worry, I have a bucket of wrenches to throw in to this further on.

What I want to hear is the FBI acknowledge they are leading the investigation and give us something that can reassure us that Lindsey is being looked for:furious:

Novice Seeker.

GREAT thoughts ChuckMaureen! I have been reading here, but not posting in this forum- was trying to limit my involvement so I could have some time left over for real life. But this got me thinking:

Sleepover & JB: All we really know is LB and MK wanted to have a sleepover. Perhaps MB suggested the girls sleepover at her house and they could read Harry Potter. Since it was summer and probably nice out, the girls say they'll run to MKs house and ask her mom and pick up MKs stuff for the sleepover.

MB might have asked JB to go with them to make sure they don't "get lost" (wander around forever). My brother is 5 years younger than me, and when we were little my parents used to ask me to walk him to neighbors houses or go with him to walk his friends home. I did it more because it made me feel like a "grown up" than wanting to hang out with them. That could explain the arguing if he didn't want to be "babysitting" his sister.

Does MK have video games, a computer or better games/toys than LB? I am thinking maybe once they got to MKs house, they started playing with something and realized they'd rather stay at MKs and have fun than go read books at LBs. Are MKs parents more liberal with the internet or movies than LBs? Kids always want to stay at the house with "cool parents" even if its not in their best interest.

Maybe the kids then asked MKs parents if LB could sleep over, and the parents said no - maybe precisely because it was already too late and LB would have to go all the way to her house, pack her things, then come back. MK might have threw a little temper tantrum ("Mooooom, why can't she stay over?? You never let me do anything fun... Its summmerrrrrr!!") and MKs parents then told LB maybe its best if she just goes home.

To sum up-

My first thought was that the girls left MBs house saying they were going to ask MKs mom if she could sleep over, but at MKs house LB and MK wanted to have the sleepover at MKs house. MKs parents said no, and sent LB home.

If MK really did mouth off to her parents when they said no sleepover, it could explain why she only walked LB part of the way. I could see a parent saying "Walk LB to the corner and get your butt right back in this house, don't stop to smell the roses."

So I think its plausible what happened, its just what happened once MK turned around to go home. Personally I think DG was driving by and found a bummed out little girl who wanted to stay at her friends.

Just throw another wrench in this case, Chuck but when Lindsey left her house Melissa was under the impression that Lindsey was going to be spending the night with her friend. Except, once Lindsey make it to her friends house she was told she couldn't stay. According to KK, her cell phone was on charge which could explain the delay in hearing from Melissa. But, why would Melissa be concerned as to where Lindsey was when the last she understood, Lindsey was spending the night at KK's house. Lindsey didn't have her cell phone and KK's was on the charger so how did Melissa determine Lindsey was missing.

Don't worry, I have a bucket of wrenches to throw in to this further on.

What I want to hear is the FBI acknowledge they are leading the investigation and give us something that can reassure us that Lindsey is being looked for:furious:

Novice Seeker.

MK's mother calls LB's mother to inform her LB could not sleep over that evening because MK's mother and step-father had plans the following morning.

GREAT thoughts ChuckMaureen! I have been reading here, but not posting in this forum- was trying to limit my involvement so I could have some time left over for real life. But this got me thinking:

Sleepover & JB: All we really know is LB and MK wanted to have a sleepover. Perhaps MB suggested the girls sleepover at her house and they could read Harry Potter. Since it was summer and probably nice out, the girls say they'll run to MKs house and ask her mom and pick up MKs stuff for the sleepover.

MB might have asked JB to go with them to make sure they don't "get lost" (wander around forever). My brother is 5 years younger than me, and when we were little my parents used to ask me to walk him to neighbors houses or go with him to walk his friends home. I did it more because it made me feel like a "grown up" than wanting to hang out with them. That could explain the arguing if he didn't want to be "babysitting" his sister.

Does MK have video games, a computer or better games/toys than LB? I am thinking maybe once they got to MKs house, they started playing with something and realized they'd rather stay at MKs and have fun than go read books at LBs. Are MKs parents more liberal with the internet or movies than LBs? Kids always want to stay at the house with "cool parents" even if its not in their best interest.

Maybe the kids then asked MKs parents if LB could sleep over, and the parents said no - maybe precisely because it was already too late and LB would have to go all the way to her house, pack her things, then come back. MK might have threw a little temper tantrum ("Mooooom, why can't she stay over?? You never let me do anything fun... Its summmerrrrrr!!") and MKs parents then told LB maybe its best if she just goes home.

To sum up-

My first thought was that the girls left MBs house saying they were going to ask MKs mom if she could sleep over, but at MKs house LB and MK wanted to have the sleepover at MKs house. MKs parents said no, and sent LB home.

If MK really did mouth off to her parents when they said no sleepover, it could explain why she only walked LB part of the way. I could see a parent saying "Walk LB to the corner and get your butt right back in this house, don't stop to smell the roses."

So I think its plausible what happened, its just what happened once MK turned around to go home. Personally I think DG was driving by and found a bummed out little girl who wanted to stay at her friends.

DG? Perhaps, but let us not forget about the SO living in the immediate area, 6th St comes to mind.

DG? Perhaps, but let us not forget about the SO living in the immediate area, 6th St comes to mind.

Chuck, do you mean the SO Self who might be related to W. Self who lives on 6th N of Maple St and across the street from the Mayor? Or isn't there a SO who lives down on Fir across from the Beehive? Or do you mean a man who might possibly have a bent for little girls? Thanks

hi scandi.....i dont know....im on cough meds....trying to catch up....LOL....i keep posting stuff and then deleting it....LOL

i was trying to find a court date....for someone who was looking for it...and came across the info i posted above....not sure it helps....but i was trying :)

i cant stop thinking about Lindsey....:hug:

What I wish we could find is an article about Bentley and the accusation against him made when he was a teacher. We don't even know what year that was.

xox

Chuck, do you mean the SO Self who might be related to W. Self who lives on 6th N of Maple St and across the street from the Mayor? Or isn't there a SO who lives down on Fir across from the Beehive? Or do you mean a man who might possibly have a bent for little girls? Thanks

By SO Self....I do hope you mean Sheriff Officer Self....cause I believe one of them is or was and he did live in that area...

DD

What I wish we could find is an article about Bentley and the accusation against him made when he was a teacher. We don't even know what year that was.

xox

Where did this come from..........I also read pretty much the same thing on another board...The only thing I have heard is when he fired the Chief of Police and one of the reasons was that he threatened to falsely implicate him in a child molestation. That's a long way from an accusation.....The other board had him molesting 2 girls.....need to be really careful here..

DD

Where did this come from..........I also read pretty much the same thing on another board...The only thing I have heard is when he fired the Chief of Police and one of the reasons was that he threatened to falsely implicate him in a child molestation. That's a long way from an accusation.....The other board had him molesting 2 girls.....need to be really careful here..

DD

Yes, That is why I posted it as an accusation that seemingly went no where. Still odd, eh?

By SO Self....I do hope you mean Sheriff Officer Self....cause I believe one of them is or was and he did live in that area...

DD

There is a sexual offender in Wa last name Self and posters had wondered if he was related to the Mr Self who lives in McCleary and he could have been visiting. It came up about the time LE wanted public info on visitors who might have come into town that Fri nite after work or on their way home.

Then learning that a W Self lives across Maple from the Mayor, I just wondered if there was a connection there. I had no idea this elderly man had been a Sheriff officer.

Scandi,

I did not mean to type only '6th St comes to mind', in that context. I was thinking: ', and 6th St comes to mind.'

I had been researching and typing info for hours by the time I typed that. I intended to type about there are a few SO's in the area (example, one on Heslep Ln., address located less than 1 mile south of intersection of 3rd and Mommsen, information indicates SO as confirmed living at the Heslep address May 2009) *AND* (<-- the important word I left out of the post you reference) let us not forget about 6th St.

Now, there was a report indicating a witness(es) heard or saw a 'loud white car' in the area, now thought to belong to DG. That report was included in the justification criteria for obtaining the SWs.

After the SWs were served and LE removes the POI moniker from DG, well, we have a dead end .. except ....

I'm guessing LB did alter from the assumed logical route. Why would she travel a different route other than straight down Maple towards 3rd? Perhaps LB saw the now-infamous white sports car crossing an intersection farther down Maple. I am not suggesting the 'white car' driver was looking for trouble. In fact, I believe the 'white car' driver was most likely on the way to one of the businesses located on Simpson or 3rd. A food or cig run? Perhaps heading to the bar on Simpson?

We know LE searched multiple times on 6th below Maple, either because dogs tracked a scent or witness(es) placed LB traveling south on 6th. At this point, we may assume LB traveled that route.

LB, while traveling east on Maple sees the loud white car cross Maple, becomes concerned because she knows it to be 'that' loud white car (belonging to the boisterous, narcissitic DG) and decides to reverse a bit to travel south on 6th, an opposite direction from where she sees the white car traveling.

I believe the LB abduction may have been a chance encounter of wrong place, wrong time.

LB happens across the path of some other roaming individual out looking for trouble on a Friday evening. The perp just happens to intercept a disappointed young girl who, along with her best friend was not invited to a slumber party at a swim companion friends house earlier that day, is not permitted to have a sleepover at her best friend's house nor at her own house that evening, and not only has to walk home alone after sunset but is afraid of the loud white car in the area between her and her house.

The roaming individual pulls up, alongside LB on 6th ....

"Why are you crying? What happened? ...... Get in, I'll drive you home."

Why would she trust that particular roaming individual? Perhaps LB thought the loud white car was her 'something bads gonna happen' moment ... and this friendly smiling face in a rescue car arrived just in time to protect her and drive her home.

Speculation, but plausible. Am I grasping? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member