WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems everyone is waiting for the forensic reports, expecting that smoking gun evidence. LE has stated the previous POI is no longer that because LE did not find evidence during property searches (presumably visible-to-the-naked-eye evidence). People, please do not sit back and *wait* for things to happen. Keep up with that grey matter excerise....

Speculations and thought points follow:

Well, LE may have found some visible evidence and simply are holding out and watching the previous POI, day to day, waiting for that individual to inadvertently lead LE to a crime scene.

But, what if LE really did not find anything, nada, and the 'previous POI' moniker is now vary accurate in that the individual truly is not involved?

One wonders if LB ever mentioned her 'nightmares' and 'I have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen' feelings to anyone, other than via her MS page? internet / MS seems so broad, impersonal ... a 'last resort'?
  • What had LB so disturbed that it forced her to write such commentary in the realm that is MS, the very first comment! on the very day her account was created?
  • What was occurring with or around LB that made here feel that way?
  • Have LE or parents asked friend MK if LB ever spoke of such things with her?
  • Did MK or LB's other friends ever have such feelings? Why?
  • What did parents (adults) 'see' that would not make them flinch whereas when a child sees it the child becomes suspicious or feels uneasy?
I dismiss that LB may have been referring to potential consequence of being caught having created an MS page. LB did not write an 'I'll be in big trouble' type of comment. LB used language much more ominous, foreboding.

The first and last points in the above list haunt me. It's as if LB knew that that 'something bad' thing to happen would be unavoidable and that her feelings had to be made known to 'everyone' (the faceless Internet) because her family and friends would not and could not, respectively, do anything to prevent that 'bad' from happening. Why?
  • Who did not believe LB that someone may have been watching her or did / was doing something to her or that she felt a certain 'badness' from someone close to her or her friends / families?
  • Did LB leave behind a more-specific clue during the 4 weeks before the 'bad' eventually happened?

We know 'Twilight Freak' (LB's MS account name) is supposed to refer to LB being an avid fan of the Twilight movie and or book.

Note: the 'bad' happened during twilight hours ...
  • Does LB have a Twilight book?
  • Did LB write anything on the pages?
  • What did LB say to those around her in the days or 2 / 4 weeks before creating her MS account and posting her now-eerie comment?
  • What was LB thinking / doing May 29, between 6:04 am, when the account was created and 8:48 am, when she eventually posted her eerie comment?
I think, as LB roamed the MS member pages during those 2 hours, she became comfortable with MS, almost trusting it as she read other members seemingly unrestrained and heartfelt comments. LB decided she could reveal her scary feelings there, without immediate judgement.

I'm certain at least some folks here at some point in their lives may have felt they were 'being watched' or otherwise have felt sometimes overwhelming feelings of uneasiness.

When you're young and do not know how to interpret that 'being watched' creepy feeling, you explain it to yourself and others in ways that are familiar or sometimes broad: nightmarish, something bad, etc.

LB indicated such feelings on May 29 via her MS entry. A few investigations by some here into the lives of 'notables' in the McCleary area have revealed seemingly interesting 'facts' and maybe potential leads.
  • Is there a way to associate the May 29 date or days previous to the 'notables'?
  • Where / what were the notables / doing at that time?
  • Did the notables gather where the kids were?
  • Or, did the kids gather where the notables were?
That last point also haunts me. Why is it that we always think perps invade the kids space, by stalking, hiding and watching. I have a feeling this did not play that way.

This perp was / is a regular daunter amongst McCleary or nearby townfolk. It was / is not unusual to see this individual hanging about, perhaps participating in daily activites. Perhaps even today, involving theirself in the searches. An authority figure .. in uniform?

This thought I have is overwhelming me now: this individual has a weird drink problem or quirk. Not alcohol. One of the energy drinks .. seems always to have one in their hand. :waitasec:

Other points to ponder:
  • Where were the kids swimming that day?
  • Public pool with a lifeguard?
  • Private pool?
  • Is the pool in view of houses / businesses?
  • Where is the path to the pool?
  • Did LB ever feel uneasy about going to the pool?
  • Did LB go to the pool only with certain friends?
  • What areas / activities / people did LB always seem to want to avoid?
This is an 'under their very noses' tragedy ... weed out this individual.

hi

checking in on Lindsey....im still in bed sick.....but have not forgotten about Lindsey!
Krams to you Note. I didn't know you were sick. How is hubby and the little one? I hope you have some help with cooking and all the details of running a home. I'll keep you in my healing thoughts Note and beam them over to you between the raindrops falling outside. Ya Ya

Feel better TakeNote, take care of yourself and your little one.
Prayers for healing sent your way.
Get-Well-Soon.jpg

and if that doesn't work...you can always mix this
JACKDANIELS.jpg

With a little lemon & honey...after a few of em you really won't care that you feel bad. But make sure hubby is there to care for little one...lol

I echo Salem... I have not forgotten you Lindsey... not for one moment!

That was a excellent post chuckMaureen. There are so many questions to ponder. I have had to go back to the begining yet again to try to find some of the answers but seem to lead to more questions then answers.

I am hope scandi and take a note start feeling better soon.. No fun being sick... wishing you both a speedie recovery..

Search enters fifth month

Investigators now hope hunters may find new evidence as the search for 11-year-old Lindsey Baum enters its fifth month this week.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said local hunters start combing through the woods this time of year, stalking in remote areas that may have been missed in the search for the missing McCleary girl.
<snipped>

Read more here

Search enters fifth month

Investigators now hope hunters may find new evidence as the search for 11-year-old Lindsey Baum enters its fifth month this week.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said local hunters start combing through the woods this time of year, stalking in remote areas that may have been missed in the search for the missing McCleary girl.
<snipped>

Read more here

Thanks for the link JenniferO. I was reading about Elizabeth Olten earlier today and read that 100 + searchers scoured the area that she was found yet still managed to not find her. Hoping these fresh eyes will hopefully see something that we are all missing. A shirt, shoe anything to give a direction....

Amen to that! we need to find her! the snow will be comming soon and that will be a huge challenge if we dont find her or clues sooner. searches will continue the first weekend in november is that correct?

Angel Who Cares I want to thank you for posting that new video of the core searchers. That was so wonderful to see. It is wonderful see the Army and our searchers working together. They have done an awesome job searching for Lindsey through rain or shine. Thank you all... Hoping and praying that lindsey will be home soon.

You will be found beautiful Lindsey - it's just a matter of time! :blowkiss:

Isn't it odd that it is so difficult to access this story and its out come on the net? I don't see this dispute won by anyone at this point as both men with strong allegations against each other continued their livelyhood in their professions. Had the mayor been right about the McCleary Police Chief JR the chief would not have been able to transfer to a different town to serve as police chief. Had the allegations of 2counts of child molestation by the Mayor of McCleary WB he would have been s tripped of all credintials as mayor and affliations to the school. Obviously that didn't happen. The Lawyer of JR said they would sue rather than appeal which makes one think the mayor won. Was there a law suite started? For a grown man with the title of police chief 9yrs ago to accuse his boss of improprieties with 2 little girls is really putting ones neck out there and he must have had names of these girls for his defense agaist the mayor? Because we deal with abused & missing children this scenerio just doesn't sit right as this is more than tit for tat. You would think the fallout of their dispute would have embarrassed them to both step down. I would like to think this was a made up story but it seems it may have been brushed under a rug! Would Ruston hire a fired ex police chief accused of planting gun evidence???? Did the mayor address his alledged involvement with 2 little girls toput to rest a rumor brought up in a court of law? Something just doesn't seem chohesive with this story and certainly can point to crookedness in the politics of the town. The article was found by out of the box googling for "spokespersons for McCleary". My profile shows someone adept at communication, comfortable with many as he hides behind the mask of sound spiritual, concerened , "I will help you" persona. Time to find more locals like Dog Driver who may remember this. Also why wouldn't the mayor sue the police chief as his job & livelihood may have been on the line? Or did he sue? Or was it brushed under the table? If anyone finds the court date please let me know as that is what I'm looking for. I would silence myself except men from all walks of life are pedophiles and they sometimes pic careers to be around children. I know I don't have to give examples like teachers, clergy, police (wasn't a sheriff hired who was an SO in Grays Harbor?) Razzzz!

Bump for Scandi

Bump for Scandi

Blessings on you Knox.

I'm going back to what I think is what we know as the scene of the crime, or what LEADS to it. Gotta pass both the Mayor's and Jim Mullin's houses walking south on 6th on the way.

I think there might be a nugget to unearth there to possibly lead us in a positive direction in Lindsey's crime. We need to breathe some life into our Sleuthing and it sounds interesting to me. xox

Sorry for the double post. I lost the connection to WS and couldn't get back in ~ didn't know what had posted. ;}

fleece, I don't know if Jim or his house are 'suspect' to some or not.. but Jims "creek" (which is more of a ditch) was searched 6 times when Lindsey first went missing. I've always wondered why since that was something like a block or so south of where she was last seen. A lot of people have heard (rumors-as there is no confirmed sighting of her on 6th that we know about) that Lindsey might have gone south on 6th instead of going straight down Maple towards home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member