WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to say that it would be highly unlikely. There is never an area that needs to be looked at that goes unsearched even if it means just the core team stays late to do it themselves and there is never an area that can't or shouldn't be looked at again. IMO ~ But I do see what you were getting at. Hopefully, this makes sense - if not please let me know. As a core member I will try to answer if I can as do the other core members that participate here.

Hi LookN4Lindsey, I do have some questions about the searches. Tonight when I get back I will go to the search thread and post them there.

Hi,

I thought I read that Lindsey was swimming at Libby's on Thurs as well as Fri. Is that true?

Also, I read she was swimming during the day and into the evening on Fri. Is that true does anyone know.

Thanks

Hi,

I thought I read that Lindsey was swimming at Libby's on Thurs as well as Fri. Is that true?

Also, I read she was swimming during the day and into the evening on Fri. Is that true does anyone know.

Thanks

~~~

I'm curious to know if Lindsey had something to eat after she went swimming that day. Aren't kids usually famished after a day in the pool?

I don't recall anything being said about Lindsey having dinner or a snack at home when she changed her clothes. By 9:00 she would have been pretty hungry I should think.

Maybe Lindseysmom would feel comfortable letting us know one way or the other?

~~~

I'm curious to know if Lindsey had something to eat after she went swimming that day. Aren't kids usually famished after a day in the pool?

I don't recall anything being said about Lindsey having dinner or a snack at home when she changed her clothes. By 9:00 she would have been pretty hungry I should think.

Maybe Lindseysmom would feel comfortable letting us know one way or the other?

that is a very good question!

This case is sadly going cold and the hope for finding Lindsey is quickly fading. As to why this case is going cold IMO is b/c of the ever changing statements by those who last saw Lindsey, conflicting timeliness of these individuals, contamination of searches that took place, information given which wasn't passed on to LE as promised and questions regarding the ethical and/or moral behavior when they began to discuss this case with other people not part of LE and went to our cyberworld and began talking about this case under both real names and pseudo names.

One of Tuba's last posts about this case really caught my attention and perhaps sheds a light on why this case may not be solved.

Knox, neither Venus nor Mars was Lindsey herself but the Moon may help uncover certain conditions that obtained at the time of her disappearance. The New Moon can be useful in narrowing the location also because House 4 is the final outcome of the whole matter.

Note: House 4 is House of Home.

Novice Seeker

My earlier question:

...was LB carrying sleep over clothes, and LE is keeping that secret? If so, where are LB's clothes?

I am convinced LB was not carrying anything 'extra' beyond what she was wearing. MK, on the other hand might have been carrying clothes from the previous nights sleep over at LB's? Eh.

We are told that JB was with them and they had the bike: I'm stumped. If JB, or even LB or MK, wanted to ride the bike along side while they walked, ok... but we have this:

I've read (not here?) where LB has used the bike earlier that day and the chain broke and the 'argument' during the walk to MK's was about how LB broke the bike.

If the bike was broken, why did they bring it with them?

Perhaps to take it to someone to have it fixed? Is there a 'go-to' person or business in McCleary to whom neighborhood kids bring their broken bikes?

I have read (from KK, sourced to MK) that the bike was left at the Shell station while on the way to MK's. Why? Did LB believe there was not enough time to stop at the 'go-to' person to have it fixed while JB was insisting they bring it to have it fixed?

After leaving MK's house, did LB begin to feel guilty about the broken bike and decide to stop at the along-the-way-home 'go-to' person / business to inquire if they would fix the bike? LB might ask that 'go-to' person to walk with her to the Shell station, from where she could proceed to her house while the 'go-to' person could gather the bike and take it back to their home / establishment.

Might have the 'go-to' person suggest they drive to the Shell station to gather the bike, or perhaps the 'go-to' person invited LB into their house / establishment while the person 'gathered tools' for fixing the bike?

I have read (from KK) the bike was eventually retrieved from the Shell station two or three days after LB's disappearance. That does not mean the scenarios I suggest above did not occur, it just means the bike was insignificant at the point .. or was it:
  • Did MB know that evening they brought the bike with them toward MK's?
  • Did MB ask JB, upon his return home the 'argument', where was his bike?
  • Did MB know the bike was broken?
  • Did MB or others searching for LB that evening think that LB might be riding the bike?
  • Did MB or others searching for LB that evening see the bike at the Shell station?
  • Why did LE leave the bike at the Shell station .. would it not be considered evidence in light of what might have occurred that evening?
Of course, it could be this simple: that the bike broke along the way to MK's that evening, therefore the bike would be of no obvious significance.

Regardless, on that evening or the next morning I would have checked at the Shell station to determine if the bike was still there to at least ascertain some hope that LB might simply be riding the bike to somewhere, instead of believing she might be an abductee.

Does anyone know if MB and friends checked at the Shell station that evening?

Also: who was on their way to the Water Tower that evening (the 'kids' WB saw on Maple?) ... and did they convince LB to join them for a beer or two?

Who might have been on their way to the Water Tower that evening (the 'kids' WB saw on Maple?) ... and did they convince LB to join them for a beer or two?

Sheriff’s office says there’s no truth to Baum case rumors
The Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office says rumors of a break in the Lindsey Baum case, involving a missing McCleary girl, are false.

Baum vanished on June 26 just 10 days before her 11th birthday while walking a few blocks from her home.

Undersheriff Rick Scott said Friday that he had fielded media calls all day asking him about alleged warrants and arrests.

Scott said someone was contacting media outlets anonymously with bogus tips. Reporters and community members called the Sheriff’s Office all day to ask about the rumors.
http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/11/21/local_news/doc4b07a4ca03965119114148.txt

I hope LE is able to determine who was contacting the media, I can't imagine what that person's motivation would be?

This case is sadly going cold and the hope for finding Lindsey is quickly fading. As to why this case is going cold IMO is b/c of the ever changing statements by those who last saw Lindsey, conflicting timeliness of these individuals, contamination of searches that took place, information given which wasn't passed on to LE as promised and questions regarding the ethical and/or moral behavior when they began to discuss this case with other people not part of LE and went to our cyberworld and began talking about this case under both real names and pseudo names.

One of Tuba's last posts about this case really caught my attention and perhaps sheds a light on why this case may not be solved.

Knox, neither Venus nor Mars was Lindsey herself but the Moon may help uncover certain conditions that obtained at the time of her disappearance. The New Moon can be useful in narrowing the location also because House 4 is the final outcome of the whole matter.

Note: House 4 is House of Home.

Novice Seeker

Hi NS, I have read the changing statements too, about some info not given to LE and also questioned why those so close to the case started posting info in online comments and the Lindsey forums. We all sat here in horror reading those posts as we didn't want the case compromised. I haven't read about contaminated searches but assume you have good info about that to bring it up.

What comes to my mind is why LE didn't get a grip on this right away. They have read the forums and so have to be very aware of how changing info was put out there. And they would have to know who these players were as it is easily traced info. Did they confront these people and ask why?

If we have read about info not given to them, they must have read that on the forums too, right? And why did they tell one of these posters when asked by her, to use her own judgement or common sense about what to say in her informative posts on what she knew about the case?

I do fault LE for that. These posters I speak of, enough other people have spoken to them to know they are who they portend to be. Their comments are out there to read as well.

All that says to me that the solving of this case will show those very close to the case know much more than they have said so far. I think LE should put these people in the box and with what they have learned up till now, re-interview them and clear up all the changing statements. Starting over at square one. That will possibly tie into other info they have, like from the dogs {which I have read is a lot more than we are privy to} and maybe items found in some of the first searches.

Will they do this? That is the question of the hour IMO.

PS: From all I have read I don't even think Lindsey was taken for sexual purposes anymore, not by a stranger or a local SO. And I think her body was temporarily hidden within those few blocks from Kara's house to her own. It just makes me sick that there have to be people who know about this and can't belly up to giving out the truth of it to LE. IMO

I guess I should also say it could be LE wants these people to post away as several places where they post there is no edit button and their words are forever set.

I hope there is some ulterior motive LE let this go on, maybe for them to be trapped by their own words and thus further the case.

Sheriff’s office says there’s no truth to Baum case rumors
The Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office says rumors of a break in the Lindsey Baum case, involving a missing McCleary girl, are false.

Baum vanished on June 26 just 10 days before her 11th birthday while walking a few blocks from her home.

Undersheriff Rick Scott said Friday that he had fielded media calls all day asking him about alleged warrants and arrests.

Scott said someone was contacting media outlets anonymously with bogus tips. Reporters and community members called the Sheriff’s Office all day to ask about the rumors.
http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/11/21/local_news/doc4b07a4ca03965119114148.txt

I hope LE is able to determine who was contacting the media, I can't imagine what that person's motivation would be?

Thanks for that Knox.

I wonder what the rumors were? lol Maybe just rumors of impending arrests, eh? I'd be interested in learning what LE might have that could possibly lead to an arrest, you know, like some pieces to the puzzle.

I can't imagine why someone would call in with a bogus tip either. xox

Not sure if the picture I linked above adequately represents the pool location, but if so, it looks like it is right out in plain view of the street. Not quite how I envisioned the setting, guess I was thinking pool in backyard surrounded by a fence. Anyone know if this street is fairly busy?

Not sure if the picture I linked above adequately represents the pool location, but if so, it looks like it is right out in plain view of the street. Not quite how I envisioned the setting, guess I was thinking pool in backyard surrounded by a fence. Anyone know if this street is fairly busy?

It could be Knox. I think Jvk posted that across from Libby's house is a park and ride type lot. That would mean cars in and cars out, right? And I don't think all access would be just off of 3rd St or it could be dangerous, turning in to it against the traffic.

The *rumor* I am referring to is the one talked about in the news story from the Daily World. I'll bring the link forward.

I think the article is quite vague, not clarifying what the rumors are ~ upcoming arrests in the case or bogus tips.

If they are bogus tips, gosh, I'd almost give my favorite anything to hear the local gossip. Would these tips revolve around a person/s, an incident previously unreported, something found off a logging road or more info coming out of the local hooskow! It would be interesting if a tip included more than one of the points I listed. Alas, I know of nothing. xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties