WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I trust what they are saying but I don't have a problem following any kind of lead no matter where it comes from. That being said if these people are so good why does the police not really deal with them, and why can't they lead us right to where these missing kids are.

Show me where Lindsey or Amber are and that will make me believe all a lot more.

Once they can lead us to either little girl I will be the first to say a big SORRY!
Hi Onamission, We have one right here in Portland.

Laurie McQuary. Acting under Laurie's guidance and traveling down to the Los Angeles National Forest, her friend located a purse which belonged to the missing wife and after searching there I believe her body was found. I think the hubby was the perp.

She only works on a case if invited by LE or the family. She is a good friend of my sister and I tried thru channels to get her involved in the Scott Peterson case. She sent that message back to me, unfortunately.

Answer to your question regarding an odd person that we may have had at the center or wanting to search. People are people they come as you know in all shapes and sizes, different personalities; one person that I may think is strange you may not. And then all of us have run across a person not at the center just in general that we can all agree on is very strange to say the least. If we did get someone in the center who was acting strange, asking too many questions etc, yes, we would take his information and forward that to LE right away. Have we had to do this at the Lindsey Search Center? not really we have asked ourselves what this person or that person wanted but it has been mostly people who are just asking what food or supplies we may need for our searchers and the office.

Next answer (MEDIA) Media is a crucial (positive) aspect to Lindsey's search. We will not deny them if possible because we want people to know we are still searching and are still in need of help. I think the media has been addressed already but let me explain what we did/do when the media wanted/wants to go on a search: we form a team made up mostly by core members (core members although they have been trained to search, work mostly in the office) and what was/is being done was really showing the media and the people who watch them how we search, what we do on searches, what is allowed and what is not allowed – all the while ensuring that people (news watchers) don’t forget about Lindsey. We need the Media, if it were not for the media Lindsey's face would not be past Washington, She is now all over the world. Media is our friend and we welcome them when ever they want to come out – they may not always “quote with accuracy” but. I wish they were out more at this point to be honest with you. We need searchers and all the fliers we post and blogs written are not bringing the people we need to help us search. When media was there and went on that search it brought more people out who watched that and said "hey I can do that." Most people, thank God, do not have any idea what we do or how to even search for a missing child or person, I know before Amber went missing I had not been on a search for a person ever before. Now it seems more and more searches are becoming necessary and way too frequent. Too many children are disappearing and yes for each one we need the media.

I appreciate your viewpoint Onamission. It is an eye opener for me. The searching in Tualatin for the victim of the Green River Killer I watched was very cut and dry. The road by that area had many onlookers and camera crews and the searchers didn't look up but kept on searching.

I know how valuable the media is. Last night at about 1:30am on a dark street in Seattle I heard a cop on the scanner request some media to come to a certain location. They wanted to get a message out there IMO.

I know the searchers are a valuable part of finding Lindsey. What I keep hoping is that a connection can somehow be made between someone and Lindsey. When that is done it will lead to finding that person's comfort zone, what they would most likely do with her and where would he take her. Working from inside the box outwards. I believe that person will be found somewhere Lindsey was on the 26th. Follow the connection thru and I think they will find Lindsey. xox

Hi Onamission, We have one right here in Portland.

Laurie McQuary. Acting under Laurie's guidance and traveling down to the Los Angeles National Forest, her friend located a purse which belonged to the missing wife and after searching there I believe her body was found. I think the hubby was the perp.

She only works on a case if invited by LE or the family. She is a good friend of my sister and I tried thru channels to get her involved in the Scott Peterson case. She sent that message back to me, unfortunately.

Like I said I would not ever turn one down and would absolutley follow up with them I have many a time with Amber and I would still if I were down there helping to find her. If they can help I am all for it I have just not had any thing positive come to light by any of them.
On a Mission

ive decided to sit on the side lines for a while. ill be joining Hairball. enough said.

Like I said I would not ever turn one down and would absolutley follow up with them I have many a time with Amber and I would still if I were down there helping to find her. If they can help I am all for it I have just not had any thing positive come to light by any of them.
On a Mission

Yes, but I think more often than not cases are solved just by doing this. Making a connectiion which will blossom into fitting the profile in several ways. Then following thru. I do believe it works and will work for Amber and Lindsey too. It is how COLD CASES are solved and invariably that starts at the 'scene of the crime'.

Yes, but I think more often than not cases are solved just by doing this. Making a connectiion which will blossom into fitting the profile in several ways. Then following thru. I do believe it works and will work for Amber and Lindsey too. It is how COLD CASES are solved and invariably that starts at the 'scene of the crime'.

I agree I was just watching missing cold case show and after 10 years this lady who went missing the cold case cops went back to the start of it and found her in an area that had been searched several times.

I watch that show to try and get pointers for Amber and Lindsey!

I agree I was just watching missing cold case show and after 10 years this lady who went missing the cold case cops went back to the start of it and found her in an area that had been searched several times.

I watch that show to try and get pointers for Amber and Lindsey!

We have a case here just like that now where searchers missed the body at first.

The supposed killer had pre-dug a grave in which Elizabeth Olten was discovered.

We have a case here just like that now where searchers missed the body at first.

The supposed killer had pre-dug a grave in which Elizabeth Olten was discovered.

do you live by where she was found?

No, I believe Elizabeth was from Georgia. I live in your neck of the woods, Portland Or :D

ETA: When I said just like that now I meant here at WS.

Psst. The Olten case is MO. There are just too many of them.

So, Novice Seeker.. You think that because "we" don't know who took *insert any missing childs name here* and "we" don't know if someone who comes to volunteer might be the person who did it.. then no one should search for missing children.

Am I reading that correctly?

That isn't what I'm asking about. I haven't followed all missing child cases over X amount of years to form an opinion as to how the related search efforts were ran. My questions are specifically about the search team that is involved with Lindsey's case.

Now as to Lindsey, my concern and questions aren't about volunteers who willingly join in the search. My concerns are about those who saw Lindsey last who has consistently changed their stories and LE has not publicly announced they, LE, are confident in ruling this person out as a POI. Then next thing we hear LE has administered a LDT to particular persons related to the same people whose story never stays the same and searchers who may have slipped information out to others for personal reasons.

What's confusing to me is why LE or the FBI hasn't stepped in to investigate some of these issues BEFORE enough damage has been done that would prevent Justice to be served.

Maybe understanding why I ask these questions can help in finding answers.

Novice Seeker

That isn't what I'm asking about. I haven't followed all missing child cases over X amount of years to form an opinion as to how the related search efforts were ran. My questions are specifically about the search team that is involved with Lindsey's case.

Now as to Lindsey, my concern and questions aren't about volunteers who willingly join in the search. My concerns are about those who saw Lindsey last who has consistently changed their stories and LE has not publicly announced they, LE, are confident in ruling this person out as a POI. Then next thing we hear LE has administered a LDT to particular persons related to the same people whose story never stays the same and searchers who may have slipped information out to others for personal reasons.

What's confusing to me is why LE or the FBI hasn't stepped in to investigate some of these issues BEFORE enough damage has been done that would prevent Justice to be served.

Maybe understanding why I ask these questions can help in finding answers.

Novice Seeker

I see your point NS and think it is a valid one.

What I keep thinking about is why one person who is one of the last to see Lindsey has not been involved in any of the search efforts or vigils. One would think that person would do everything in their power to help. It just seems like a big red flag to me. I have read that several places so assume it is true, but as with anything posted I do leave room here for my error if it is not the case. xox

Okay I have read enough now that I feel I should post something on behalf of Lindsey and the search center.
I am going to post later about the search center and how it begins and what is what. But for now I need to address this: Could the person that took Lindsey be volunteering at the search center and just has never been caught absolutely just like the person could be a cop, a pastor of a church, a neighbor a family friend, someone who works with kids this person who took her maybe your best friend we do not know if we knew Lindsey would be found by now. But is that going to stop us NO do we look for odd behavior of a searcher? Yes we do and yes we report it no matter who that person might be. We are in contact with LE whenever we need to be. If we call them out and there have been times when we have they come right away.
As far as if we were to find evidence that could be related to Lindsey I don’t think you understand what we do so that is why I am going to post later about that. But realize that LE has the knowledge and the forensics to test stuff. They will know soon after they collect it not us weather it belongs to Lindsey or not who and who has not touched it what DNA is on it. I think these posts at times could give out more info to hurt Lindsey case than the searches. Sometime things are said that I feel my jeopardize us getting searchers. Take for example you statement saying that one of the searchers could have planted something well someone reading that might say hell no I am not going to search and maybe hurt Lindsey’s case. Please understand there is so much area that has to be searched and LE cannot do it all.
Look for my post regarding the search center and training.
Thank You,
On a Mission
Please know this is not meant to attack you or anyone else we just need to stop posting things that is either rumor or we know nothing about.

Hopefully whoever reads my posts will see that I didn't accuse anyone of planting anything. My question was a hypothetical question that a defense attorney could possibly use to help their client from going to trial. I'm not here to falsely accuse or spread rumors about anyone.

That being said, there is concern that searches have been compromised b/c some of the searchers passed information about the searches to others outside of LRC. If this is found true after the FBI and local LE complete their investigations therepercussions will spread in a ripple effect. Imagine the damage toward the credibility of future searches or the convictions that may have been directly related to evidence collected by a search team are overturned. If this should happen then Lindsey won't be the only one denied justice.

It was good to see that you are working with LRC and was trained by them. There hasn't been any new information lately about their involvement. Perhaps if they could give a few comments about their groups effort in continuing to search for Lindsey. It could even help spark new interest and get some additional searchers to join up. And, that would be great!!

Novice Seeker

<snipped>

That being said, there is concern that searches have been compromised b/c some of the searchers passed information about the searches to others outside of LRC. If this is found true after the FBI and local LE complete their investigations therepercussions will spread in a ripple effect. Imagine the damage toward the credibility of future searches or the convictions that may have been directly related to evidence collected by a search team are overturned. If this should happen then Lindsey won't be the only one denied justice.

<snipped>

No, this is untrue. It's a false accusation by someone who has nothing better to do than to lie on the internet about people.
I don't know what her motive is and honestly I don't care. She can accuse myself or any of the core members of some how compromising searches or being involved in Lindsey disappearance.. but it is all 100% false. Nothing of any importance has ever been shared on the internet by myself or anyone else involved in the search efforts because contrary to what some of you who follow her so closely think, we are not dumb.

And again.. WE DO NOT COLLECT EVIDENCE. The LE does that if something is found that they consider to be evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME