WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is that amazing or what! Thanks Chuck for that. Why has no one from the McCleary PD completed the info on Lindsey for the Wa State Missing report? Have they no dental x-ray records for Lindsey? Why no photo? Nothing about a birthmark she may have?

Maybe they do not think this source of info from Wa State is ever used or looked at in trying to find or ID people. If it were complete it might be a helpful tool IMO.

Hi, DD,

I agree, but let's not exclude participants beyond 'witnesses'.

MB and KK presented differences as to their perception of sleep over plans. I think it is important to know why, therefore, I present questions.

Could the answer simply be attributable to misunderstanding? Certainly, but I prefer not to make the leep to assumption regarding this because the differences play immediately to the time frame of the disappearance.

http://www.helpfindmychild.net/lindsey-baum

Did LB have a plan differing from what she openly presented to MB / MK / KK? That is the answer I seek, as it might help to confirm or deny a runaway scenario.

Given that LE reports they did not determine unusual contact tracing on 'LB's computer(s)' and cell phone does not eliminate communication via other means.

Is anyone poised to definitively eliminate a runaway scenario?

Surely, LE considers the possibility.

Hi again Chuck, The Affidavit covers the runaway scenario as debunked by LE:

"It should be noted that the media and investigators did not believe Baum was the victim of a crime until the week following her disappearance (June 29 to July 3-4, 2009). It was initially believed she might be a run-away or had been injured and unable to get help". Affidavit

So one week after she disappeared LE determined Lindsey had been the victim of a crime. Do we know what they learned that changed their opinion?

Regarding this ... the 'lindseybaum' eBay account,

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA-10 y/o Lindsey Baum, missing since 6/26/09 Thread #16

Does anyone know if LE is aware the account exists? Is anyone (WS LE contact point-person ) in contact with GHCSO or MPD that might forward this info?

No idea if LE is aware or not. I just got back from talking to Polly Davin and if I had seen this before I went up there, I would have told her.

You can contact them though. They are very open to any and all information they receive.

Grays Harbor Police operations center at 800-281-6944

Grays Harbor County Information Hot-line (Tip line) (866) 915-8299

Grays Harbor County E911 Dispatch Center (360) 533-8765 (out of county)

McCleary Police (360) 495-3107 or

EMAIL soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us

Chuck, Do you see any items listed there for sale? I'm not that familiar with Ebay but see nothing listed. Odd at best, eh? :waitasec:

Hi, scandi,

The account was created Aug 20, 2009. No items are listed and no items were purchased. That is what leads me to runaway and trafficking scenarios.

If LB had access to a computer I expect she might attempt to contact her Mom but then, if she were runaway why would she contact those from whom she wanted to flee? That's out.

Also, I would not expect someone to be so bold as to risk such exposure so trafficking communication is out.

It might have been created by a wisey kid or perhaps a jokester in McCleary but regardless, LE should investigate.

That ebay account is strange. Good find.

Chuck, something else to think about.. 10 year old missing Lindsey Baum isn't the only Lindsey Baum in the world. So it could be nothing. But I agree with you that LE should investigate.

recklessly vague....draw circles .....your right....i wish i would have just stayed out of this thread....:(
i thought starting over from the start would help.....see if we can get a complete story that makes since to everyone....some here have started that....its good work....i dont post on other blogs or forums, i dont always hear or read the *rumors*......i tend to only get my info from here....i was trying to be encouraging.....i was trying to help get everyone together again on the same page.....

i think of lindsey daily.....im right next door to her....yet unable do anything to find her and bring her home....i have tried....i wish i could share more...but i cant for the sake of the case.....i appreciate all the hard work that EVERYONE does to help find lindsey!!....i will go back to lurking....i have missed you all!

lindsey im so sorry you are not where you should be....home with your mom!
:hug:

You offer opinions and questions about what happened to Lindsey AND that helps Lindsey. Why some have attempted to control or manipulate what can and can not be discussed or what is and isn't relevant information is beyond me. I assure you that the rest of us don't agree with this behavior and hope you will continue sharing your thoughts.

Novice Seeker

Mark/aka town drunk

30 H, M T
Defendant King Co Superior Ct 88-1-02697-8 05-25-1988
31 H, M T
Respondent Lewis Co Superior 96-3-00192-1 05-20-1996
32 H, MT
Judgment Debtor G H Co Superior 04-9-00137-6 01-23-2004
33 Hl, M T
Defendant Kcdc-so Div (auk) 120056 04-01-1988
34 H, M T
Defendant Kcdc-so Div(auk Djd) C00334298 04-26-2000
35 H, M T
Defendant Elma Municipal C00002604 01-10-2006
36 Hl, M T
Defendant Kcdc-so Div (pr Fwd) J00065047 04-17-1990
37 H, M T
Defendant Kcdc-so Div (rdc) C00334298 04-26-2000
38 H, M T
Defendant Kcdc-west Div (sdc) 203029009 07-15-2003
39 H, M T
Defendant Kcdc-west Div (sdc) 203031387 07-30-2003
40 Hl, M T
Defendant Kcdc-so Div (auk) 127821 06-10-1988
41 H , M T
Defendant Sumner Municipal 12243 09-02-1990
42 H l, M T
Defendant Auburn Municipal 30046 07-09-1992
43 H , M T
Defendant Auburn Municipal 43873 04-18-1994
44 H , M T
Defendant Centralia Municipal 54009 03-12-1996
45 H , M T
Defendant Mccleary Municipal C00001799 06-29-2006
46 H , M T
Defendant Des Moines Municipal C00008889 01-13-2000
47 H , M T
Defendant Des Moines Municipal C00019968 12-05-2007
48 H , M T
Defendant Kcdc-so Div (rdc) I01554235 04-27-2000
49 H , M T
Defendant Kcdc-so Div (auk) L00022110 11-03-1992
50 H l, M T
Defendant Grays Harbor Dist #1 L00203838 05-19-2006
51 H l, M T
Judgment Debtor King Co Superior Ct 04-9-32522-1 06-14-2004
52 H, M T
Defendant G H Co Superior 03-1-00482-3 09-30-2003
53 Hu , M T
Defendant King Co Superior Ct 03-1-08195-3 09-11-2003
54 H l, M T
Defendant King Co Superior Ct 04-1-08937-5 02-13-2004

i believe but cant confirm that this person may live on 4th st in Mcclearly

Thank you so much for this info. *S* I appreciate it..

recklessly vague....draw circles .....your right....i wish i would have just stayed out of this thread....:(
i thought starting over from the start would help.....see if we can get a complete story that makes since to everyone....some here have started that....its good work....i dont post on other blogs or forums, i dont always hear or read the *rumors*......i tend to only get my info from here....i was trying to be encouraging.....i was trying to help get everyone together again on the same page.....

i think of lindsey daily.....im right next door to her....yet unable do anything to find her and bring her home....i have tried....i wish i could share more...but i cant for the sake of the case.....i appreciate all the hard work that EVERYONE does to help find lindsey!!....i will go back to lurking....i have missed you all!

lindsey im so sorry you are not where you should be....home with your mom!
:hug:

I am so glad that you decided to come to this thread and find much of the information all is putting forth a great help, even the small things . I believe going over it again is a good thing maybe would even find another bigger clue.. I would hate to see you or anyone being so discourage and I know we have all been there. Least I know I have. I just think if we could find the missing key then maybe things will come together. Don't give up we all need to work together as a team and try to bring lindsey home. I am praying for her to be home for christmas. What a wonderful gift that would be.

Hi, scandi,

The account was created Aug 20, 2009. No items are listed and no items were purchased. That is what leads me to runaway and trafficking scenarios.

If LB had access to a computer I expect she might attempt to contact her Mom but then, if she were runaway why would she contact those from whom she wanted to flee? That's out.

Also, I would not expect someone to be so bold as to risk such exposure so trafficking communication is out.

It might have been created by a wisey kid or perhaps a jokester in McCleary but regardless, LE should investigate.

That would possibly leave Lindsey being held by someone and having computer access has tried to send a signal that someone might be able to trace . . . . or the perp being very bold and maybe considering a future listing of items he has that belong to her.

Hmmm It would be an ingenius way for Lindsey to send a signal, that is if she knew enough about computers and opening an Ebay account to do this ???

The perp being that bold, unlikely but possible, as most criminals are not very smart and often as dumb as a box of rocks.

Hi again Chuck, The Affidavit covers the runaway scenario as debunked by LE:

"It should be noted that the media and investigators did not believe Baum was the victim of a crime until the week following her disappearance (June 29 to July 3-4, 2009). It was initially believed she might be a run-away or had been injured and unable to get help". Affidavit

So one week after she disappeared LE determined Lindsey had been the victim of a crime. Do we know what they learned that changed their opinion?

Thanks, scandi,

Yes, the Affidavit content ... and I believe that sometimes affidavits are worded as such to more likely facilitate sign-off for a go-ahead.

At that point in the case LE believed they knew what occurred and DG was the 'POI / potential suspect', hence the elimination of the 'runaway theory'.

Since the DG trail led nowhere, I believe the runaway scenario is back on the table.

Is it possible LB was in contact with someone [not necessarily living in McCleary] in whom she confided her concern and fear?

There are indications that LB is not runaway, such as her demeanor earlier that day in the video store, described as being chatty and laughing but we must consider all what might have occurred over time, involving LB:

There is report of LB putting her long fingernails to use [as per MB] .. I will not expand that point, we know what that might be about.

There is report of an alleged 911 call made from a friend's house and how LB ultimately was forced to return to a bad situation. We might know the who, but not the why.

LB expressed a certain glee on one of her MySpace pages where she referenced 'juvi' .. I will not expand that point, we know what that might be about.

On May 29, on one of her MySpace pages LB expressed being fearful of something, 'a lot of nightmares lately' and 'something bads gonna happen'. What, where and how was this 'bad' to occur, and to whom? What did LB experience during the slightly longer than 2 1/2 hours duration from when she created the 'Twilight Freak' MySpace page to when she posted the 'something bad' message? To whom did she speak with, or what did she read, or did she suddenly feel an[other?] overwhelming dread or foreboding?

There is a photo of LB wearing what appears to be a Christmas present, a 'Mommy's Little Trouble Maker' shirt. Why not a 'Mommys Little Angel' shirt? What might that dynamic imply?

Infomation has been made available that portrays certain town-folk as thinking unkindly or not accepting of the B family and in some cases, of LB in particular. The WS-labeled 'town drunk' rhetoric is a most immediate example.

That evening, LB and JB [once again?] get into it, reportedly this time over a bike. MK reveals she and LB teased JB and off he went. But there is also the report of a witness that sent JB home from arguing with LB. Why does MK state JB left because she and LB were teasing him and why does the witness state she sent JB home? Something else occurred during that interaction and / or witness 'intervention'.

Also that evening, LB was denied a sleep over.

Are there additional events from days past of which we are not aware?

Chuck, something else to think about.. 10 year old missing Lindsey Baum isn't the only Lindsey Baum in the world. So it could be nothing. But I agree with you that LE should investigate.

Hi, JennO,

There absolutely are quite a few LB's on the planet ... but the timing of the account creation together with no typical 'eBay' activity makes it more suspect.

That would possibly leave Lindsey being held by someone and having computer access has tried to send a signal that someone might be able to trace . . . . or the perp being very bold and maybe considering a future listing of items he has that belong to her.

Hmmm It would be an ingenius way for Lindsey to send a signal, that is if she knew enough about computers and opening an Ebay account to do this ???

The perp being that bold, unlikely but possible, as most criminals are not very smart and often as dumb as a box of rocks.

scandi,

Ah, yes ... but did LB forget her MySpace passwords? Were they changed? One expects they were not since LE would want that communication avenue to remain available should LB have an opportunity...

We have an eBay account but I do not recall what are the sign-up requirements. I'll check that.

Also, what might LB have with on her person that a perp might want to sell on eBay? I know only of clothes and stretchy shoes. Jewelry? It does not appear she regularly wears jewelry, as per photographs [I did not note her wearing such items].

A 'box of rocks' ... perfect!

scandi,

Ah, yes ... but did LB forget her MySpace passwords? Were they changed? One expects they were not since LE would want that communication avenue to remain available should LB have an opportunity...

We have an eBay account but I do not recall what are the sign-up requirements. I'll check that.

Also, what might LB have with on her person that a perp might want to sell on eBay? I know only of clothes and stretchy shoes. Jewelry? It does not appear she regularly wears jewelry, as per photographs [I did not note her wearing such items].

A 'box of rocks' ... perfect!

How to register on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/how-to-register.html

A valid email account is required.

I was with Jen today when we made some records requests & spoke with Polly.

Pretty sure Polly had never heard of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay