WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • At what point was the 'loud white car' heard or seen that evening as it relates to the group? Pre-bike bicker or post-bike bicker?
  • In which direction was the white car traveling?
  • Did the 'woman on the way to work who reported seeing LB between 6th and 5th on Maple' see the 'loud white car' that evening? Where?
  • Did the mayor hear or see the 'loud white car' or the 'woman on her way to work'?
  • Did the man across the street from the mayor?
I'm refering to the 'loud white car' only as a possible time-line reference. It seems to me one or more of those interviewed and the witnesses had to have seen something beyond what they have consciously revealed to this point.

The bike means nothing.
The bike-bickering means nothing.
But, LB walking home alone means something.
Who else was aware that that might occur that evening?

Witnesses and people living in the immediate area, anyone who had seen JB walking home alone? Since he walked home before LB, the perp would expect LB to be walking home alone as well, for why would s/he expect MK to walk back with LB to her house?

It has to be someone who didn't know about sleep over plans because I suspect s/he would have to prepare and position to encounter LB on her way home and why would they waste their time if they know about the sleep over?

Who else knew the KK and family planned to go seashell gathering and would not allow MK to sleep over at the B house? Who else was previously invited on that trip?

hi guys....i may not be around for a bit....im still sick....and my lap top got a very bad bug on it....so its not working right now...:(

keep up the good work.....:hug:

be back as soon as i can!!
i really want to be up on starting at the begining with you all :)

Has anyone sleuthed the possibility of Lindsey making it home and the possible scenarios after going in the front door and before LE was called?

It takes a village to raise a child...does it take a village conspiracy to protect another child?

From informalhealthcare.com.
Issues in Comprehensive Pediatric Nursing
2002, Vol. 25, No. 1, Pages 43-57 , DOI 10.1080/014608602753504847

MIDDLE-CLASS MOTHERS' PERCEPTIONS OF PEER AND SIBLING VICTIMIZATION AMONG CHILDREN WITH ASPERGER'S SYNDROME AND NONVERBAL LEARNING DISORDERS
Liza Little*
Family Research Laboratory & Department of Nursing, University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire, USA; liza.little@unh.edu
ABSTRACT

This article describes the yearly prevalence and frequency of peer and sibling victimization as reported by a large national sample of middle-class mothers of children with Asperger's syndrome and nonverbal learning disorders. An anonymous, mailed survey was sent to families solicited from two national Internet sites for parents of children with Asperger's and nonverbal learning disorders using the Comprehensive Juvenile Victimization scale and three questions designed to measure peer shunning. The overall prevalence rate reported by mothers of peer victimization was 94%. Mothers reported that almost three-quarters of their children had been hit by peers or siblings in the past year and 75% had been emotionally bullied. On the more severe end of peer victimization, 10% of the children were attacked by a gang in the past year and 15% were victims of nonsexual assaults to the genitals. Peer shunning also was common. A third of the children had not been invited to a single birthday party in the past year, and many were eating alone at lunch or were picked last for teams. Peer shunning was significantly correlated with peer bullying and assault. The high rates of peer shunning and peer victimization reported suggest that children with Asperger's and nonverbal learning disorders may require further scrutiny and attention concerning their victimization experiences by peers and siblings. Implications for nursing professionals are reviewed.

Maybe crawl spaces that had her daily scent where search dogs would not be expected to go should be looked at?

I have been wanting to ask this question for weeks, but I didn't want to sound like I was blaming the victim's family or something.

I have a nephew with Aspergers who is about the same age as Josh. I'm not saying it is impossible, but I think it is highly unlikely he did something that caused her death, therefore leading the family to cover it up in order to protect him. Does he have a history of violence or aggression? I don't remember what his court date or possibility of going to juvi were for?

ETA:
To me, a more likely possibility (if Mom B was not home) is he did something to really irritate Lindsey and so she decided to leave for the time being. Where would she go to escape his harassment momentarily?

Just thinking:

having a lot of nightmares lately
something bad is gonna happen
didn't want to be at home that night
argument with Josh almost all the way to MK's
Josh gets sent home

ETA:
Plan changes along the way for Lindsey to stay at MK's instead of the other way around.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/82812347.html
Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott on Wednesday said a reward of $20,000 is available for anyone who helps find Lindsey Baum, who vanished June 26 after leaving a friend's house to walk home.
<snipped>

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22356591/detail.html
The reward for a missing girl from McCleary, Lindsey Baum, has been increased as police plan to restart their investigation.

McCleary police said Wednesday that the reward has been increased from $10,000 to $20,000.
<snipped>

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Reward-increased-in-case-of-missing-McCleary-girl-82818452.html
The reward is being increased to $20,000 in the case of a missing Grays Harbor County girl.
<snipped>

... randomness ....
  • Was LB's school locker searched? End of school or not, it should have been checked.
  • Were JB's 'acquaintences' (PO, attorneys, etc.) interviewed early on?
  • Was LB distracted at Main?
  • Did LB make it to her house and beyond, along Mommsen?
  • End house.
  • Something unusual or interesting, went to investigate? On the side.
  • A small group, 2 or 3. Beer. Drugs. Someone's cousin or other relative?
  • "Quiet, my mom will hear."
  • A dare?
  • A ride?
Or was it simply a grab-n-squelch?

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/82812347.html
Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott on Wednesday said a reward of $20,000 is available for anyone who helps find Lindsey Baum, who vanished June 26 after leaving a friend's house to walk home.
<snipped>

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22356591/detail.html
The reward for a missing girl from McCleary, Lindsey Baum, has been increased as police plan to restart their investigation.

McCleary police said Wednesday that the reward has been increased from $10,000 to $20,000.
<snipped>

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Reward-increased-in-case-of-missing-McCleary-girl-82818452.html
The reward is being increased to $20,000 in the case of a missing Grays Harbor County girl.
<snipped>

... this is very telling. Does LE or FBI suspect an acquaintance of the perp might be willing to spill the beans for a larger cash reward?

Let's hope...

I think increasing the reward is wonderful news. I really hope someone's memory is jarred because of it.

A huge thanks to all our determined volunteers who not only support mom Baum, and relinquish their spare time to search for Lindsey, but add to the strength of the collective voice asking for what is needed. I am very proud of each and every one of you kind people. :blowkiss: mho

a huge thanks to all our determined volunteers who not only support mom baum, and relinquish their spare time to search for lindsey, but add to the strength of the collective voice asking for what is needed. I am very proud of each and every one of you kind people. :blowkiss: Mho

me too!!!

Thank you eyes and Amanda. :)

According to that video the sheriffs office appreciates our efforts to.
That was nice to hear.

I am hopeful of the recommendations from the 3rd party review of this case - and the upcoming increase in activity the undersheriff talked about in the press conference. We need answers and we need Lindsey home.

It sounds like the 3rd party reviewers made recommendations of things that need to be done again, or done differently - but doing so still falls on the resources available in Grays Harbor / McCleary - am I understanding that correctly?

Are the searches this coming weekend to hand out new flyers only - or will actual searches still be conducted?

Jules, both will be done this weekend.

Sometimes people show up just to pick up flyers & distribute which helps too

Is there a link to the new flyer with the $20k reward?

we are working on getting it uploaded to the findlindseybaum.com site.. I don't think the sheriffs office has it on their site yet.
I will post a link here when we get it or if you go to the email link in my sig line you can sign up to be on the mailing list which as soon as it's on the web I'll be emailing it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme