WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's what I meant, thanks.

I'm trying to think, if somebody lied about the time or the place (to protect themselves from something, most likely), what does that change?

I'm not sure why any of the witnesses would need to lie. But I guess it's possible.

I'm not sure why any of the witnesses would need to lie. But I guess it's possible.

I don't know either. But to me, something about what we know about her movements on the walk there and back just doesn't fit right.

That bike, mostly, I think -- it just doesn't fit.

I don't know either. But to me, something about what we know about her movements on the walk there and back just doesn't fit right.

That bike, mostly, I think -- it just doesn't fit.

I agree with you carbuff. We need to get back to the very basics of her walk to/from the Kampens. And have we confirmed for certain it was just LB, MK, and JB walking to the Kampens? Who all was at the video store, and where did the others go?

I guess I don't understand what the bike has to do with it.

They were pushing each other on the bike with a broken chain, they got tired of it, they wanted JB to take it home, he didn't want to he wanted LB to do it, they argued about it, they left it at the Shell and continued to argue about it on the way to the MKs house, JB ended up being told it was best for him to go home.. and here we are today. Still wondering where LB is.

A few reasons I can think of why a witness might lie:
1) They are involved
2) They are fearful that the perp might do harm to them
3) They are covering up for someone involved

They were pushing each other on the bike with a broken chain, they got tired of it, they wanted JB to take it home, he didn't want to he wanted LB to do it, they argued about it, they left it at the Shell and continued to argue about it on the way to the MKs house, JB ended up being told it was best for him to go home.. and here we are today. Still wondering where LB is.

Have we discussed thoroughly about who told him to go home?

Jules, you are correct.

I guess what I should say is "I don't know of a reason for the witnesses to lie."

Have we discussed thoroughly about who told him to go home?

I don't know that the name has been shared in the media so I'm not sure if I can share that information here.

It bugs me, is all. Such a prominent feature in the tale.

And the information seems to be inconsistent -- did they or did they not still have the bike with them when JB was told to go home?

I don't know that the name has been shared in the media so I'm not sure if I can share that information here.

I believe you are correct, they have not been named in media. But someone knows who that is, and we should be able to sleuth that info and just not name names.

They did not have the bike when JB was told to go home.

So the witness who told JB to go home was somewhere between the gas station and MK's house along Maple. Were we told it was someone on their way to work for the county? I can't remember.

Also does this mean LB, JB, and MK left the Baum home with the bike working and the chain broke and then they left it at the gas station? Or did they leave the Baum home with the bike with a broken chain?

I believe the person heading to work was the second witness to see LB on her way home not the one who sent JB home that night.

Also does this mean LB, JB, and MK left the Baum home with the bike working and the chain broke and then they left it at the gas station? Or did they leave the Baum home with the bike with a broken chain?

Chain was broken when they left. It had been broken for awhile (sorry, don't recall exactly how long MB said it had been broken) and the kids would push each other around on it.

Chain was broken when they left. It had been broken for awhile (sorry, don't recall exactly how long MB said it had been broken) and the kids would push each other around on it.

So they left the Baum house with a broken bike, pushing eachother on it, and got tired of doing it less than 2/10th's of a mile away (which according to google maps would take approx. 2 minutes to walk to), so they left it at the gas station and continued on down Maple on foot. They then encountered someone along Maple who overheard them arguing and sent JB home.

I agree with you carbuff. We need to get back to the very basics of her walk to/from the Kampens. And have we confirmed for certain it was just LB, MK, and JB walking to the Kampens? Who all was at the video store, and where did the others go?

I agree that not enough is known about any characters on the periphery of this walk to and from the Kampens and also who was at the Kampens that day. Also, we would have no way of knowing if there was some correspondence on-line with someone at the Kampens that could have clued a perp. into knowing that Lindsey was alone on the walk home. I often wonder about that. I also wonder if Josh spoke with anyone after he left the girls.

Refresh my memory please - LB left the Kampen home at approx 9:15 pm? What time did the witness see her walking home alone? The total trip from Kampen home to Baum home is 0.6 miles and shows to take approx. 11 mins. to walk.

I agree that not enough is known about any characters on the periphery of this walk to and from the Kampens and also who was at the Kampens that day. Also, we would have no way of knowing if there was some correspondence on-line with someone at the Kampens that could have clued a perp. into knowing that Lindsey was alone on the walk home. I often wonder about that. I also wonder if Josh spoke with anyone after he left the girls.

Good question. Did JB turn and go home immediately after this person sent him on his way, or did he stay and talk for a bit while the girls continued on?

Can anyone tell me where witness #1 (person who sent JB home) is located? And where witness #2 (person who saw LB on her walk home alone) is located? I am curious to know which witness is located further East on Maple?

Did witness 2 say they saw LB between 5th and 6th on Maple when she was walking home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed