WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

Wow, thanks for the links - they are a real eye opener. They musn't get any press at all those poor children, I'm an avid follower of the news and you just never see any mention. I was aware of the missing kids site, but they are largely English - few I have seen are Scottish. It is shocking to see that 9000 children a year in Scotland go missing and no attempt is made at putting their faces out there. :waitasec:
I found this little tidbit today and thought of you straight on! "A Scotland City Counsel regulation became law late 2,009 stating, "By law, any time anyone under the age of 16 is in a licensed premise (ex: pub, restaurant, anywhere liquor was) must be accompanied by an adult at all times. This law includes that all children under the age of 16 be accompanied by a parent to the washroom. "Son, put your calculus book down and come with momy!" LOL! This is the sentimate that is going on with parents and teens concers about this law. This law was made to kids safe. Many from the UK & Wales are anti this law and feel like the Scotts are "Daft" Getting an education on your country <3 http://www.mns.co.uk./012111840.html

Has anyone got the scoop on what happened in court today with Dale, MB and Libby? Just curious. xox

PS: Gosh, almost said snoopy! lol

Sorry to butt in here. Just wanted to let you all know about the mysterious disappearance of another Washington girl.

WA Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Mackenzie disappeared on Tuesday from the Wenatchee area. Not really close to McCleary/Olympia (about 3.5-4 hours), but I figured I'd let you know, since there are a lot of Washington folks in here. Thanks!

And I know I don't come in here much anymore, but I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your continued dedication to Lindsey. :blowkiss:

:steamed: Yes, yes, yes! I agree! I take the word "Gentleman" very seriously too! I see and hear the term used like it is just another way to say "Guy" or refer to a male. "Gentlemen" means just those words and shouldn't be tarnished or used in a common manner. I'm relieved to hear someone is as passionate as I am about the meaning. :highfive: :flashbak: While raising sons I would refer to the word as if it were two. (Sublimial messaging while parenting:blushing:)

I guess we can now say when posting, "Ladies and Gentlemen" :Banane48:
:ashamed::gavel::eek:fftopic::grouphug:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been ranting about the misuse for literally years! It is disgusting to hear of some lowlife scum referred to as a "gentleman" and I am sick of of it.

That would make sense. I definitely think she didn't want to be found for at least a few hours and probably overnight. Until the bad thing was over, maybe? Or because she was meeting, or hoping to meet, a boy. Or maybe just the thrill of giving her mother the slip and staying out past curfew.

Did the person (boy, man?) tell her to leave the phone at home so they couldn't track her?

Then, the boy, man? turns the tables on her and at that point it is a kidnapping.

Sorry to butt in here. Just wanted to let you all know about the mysterious disappearance of another Washington girl.

WA Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Mackenzie disappeared on Tuesday from the Wenatchee area. Not really close to McCleary/Olympia (about 3.5-4 hours), but I figured I'd let you know, since there are a lot of Washington folks in here. Thanks!

And I know I don't come in here much anymore, but I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your continued dedication to Lindsey. :blowkiss:

Residents discovered Mackenzie's car parked in their driveway on the 2300 block of Pitcher Canyon Road, a barely populated road. Given the sparse population in that immediate area, I'd say more than one person is invovled, as there had to be someone driving another vehicle unless the perp lives in one of the two or three houses located along that stretch of road.

ETA: a later news article reports her car was found on the side of a dead-end road. Pitcher Canyon, from Google Earth, doesn't appear to 'dead-end', although at some point the road seems to wind and curve and just route crazy through the terrain towards the west.

I found this little tidbit today and thought of you straight on! "A Scotland City Counsel regulation became law late 2,009 stating, "By law, any time anyone under the age of 16 is in a licensed premise (ex: pub, restaurant, anywhere liquor was) must be accompanied by an adult at all times. This law includes that all children under the age of 16 be accompanied by a parent to the washroom. "Son, put your calculus book down and come with momy!" LOL! This is the sentimate that is going on with parents and teens concers about this law. This law was made to kids safe. Many from the UK & Wales are anti this law and feel like the Scotts are "Daft" Getting an education on your country <3 http://www.mns.co.uk./012111840.html

Wow! I had no clue that law even existed! My children are so young I would take them with me anyway - but good to know for when they are older! :)

That would make sense. I definitely think she didn't want to be found for at least a few hours and probably overnight. Until the bad thing was over, maybe? Or because she was meeting, or hoping to meet, a boy. Or maybe just the thrill of giving her mother the slip and staying out past curfew.

This train of thought rings true for me also. If she took her phone she'd be way too easy found- perhaps she wanted to give her Ma and or brother a fright - but it went too far and she stayed away for fear of repurcussions on her return. Or, she intended to stay out overnight after the disappointment of not being allowed to stay at her friends (why was this?) and genuinely something happened to her during that time that she could not return. :waitasec:

The more I think about it, the less I believe LB is a runaway. Even though there is some circumstantial pieces that fuel the possibility, I can not image LB to be gone this long without at least a call to her mom.

Regardless of how bad it might have seemed at home (and I am NOT suggesting it was) LB by this time would have contacted her mom simply because she would be missing her and probably her brother as well.

I wax and wain on LB's fate ... but now I have solidified an opinion:

LB was abducted by a stranger driving through town, probably on Main or 3rd, near or in the park n ride lot. A crime of opportunity.

10 year old runaway without an ounce of contact or sightings in 7 and a half months? im not buying it.

so sorry lindsey that this thread has apperently turned into an attempt to attack your character (meeting up with a boy? playing games with her parents?) rather then trying to find you

10 year old runaway without an ounce of contact or sightings in 7 and a half months? im not buying it.

It is a possiblity that she ran away, however unpleasant. Unlikely that she has stayed away this long on purpose - definitely. It could be, as has been mentioned before, that maybe she only intended to be gone a night or a few hours - but something went horribly wrong. Not at all insulting to her character - perhaps it was just wrong place wrong time.

I don't feel it's a character assassination at all, I'm sorry you feel that way. it's simply looking at all possibilities, however small and however unlikely. :truce:

I think she may have started off as a runaway, a cry for attention, whatever you want to call it. Unfortunately many of the ones that never come home started off that way...
Most of them never get the attention that Lindsey has.

Now, do I believe that she is still "just" a runaway after all this time? No, not a bit.

Or, she intended to stay out overnight after the disappointment of not being allowed to stay at her friends (why was this?)

Snipped by me.

It's been reported that K family had something going on the following day and so Lindsey wasn't able to stay over.

Or, she intended to stay out overnight after the disappointment of not being allowed to stay at her friends (why was this?)

Snipped by me.

It's been reported that K family had something going on the following day and so Lindsey wasn't able to stay over.

Actually, MK was not permitted to walk back with and sleep over at LB's. MB expected LB to return with MK and also with JB but he returned home by himself.

Actually, MK was not permitted to walk back with and sleep over at LB's. MB expected LB to return with MK and also with JB but he returned home by himself.

Oh, hmm, I don't think I've ever heard that version of the story. I've heard so many different things, though, that anything could be the case now.

I've also heard they decided along the way that they'd try have a sleepover and that it wasn't planned beforehand. I thought that was why MB sent JB in the first place -- so LB wouldn't be alone on the walk home.

Oh, hmm, I don't think I've ever heard that version of the story. I've heard so many different things, though, that anything could be the case now.

I've also heard they decided along the way that they'd try have a sleepover and that it wasn't planned beforehand. I thought that was why MB sent JB in the first place -- so LB wouldn't be alone on the walk home.

MB is quoted that she expected "Lindsey to return home with her friend" and that they were to "read Harry Potter". At least from the time they left LB's house (after LB bathed / changed), the plan was for MK to sleep over at the B house. Nothing changed along the way. They went to MK's house to seek permission and / or to pick up MK's clothes.

I suspect JB was sent along maybe two reasons:
  • For the girls to not be alone.
  • To help with carrying MK's sleep over items.

Did anyone watch the Oprah show about McNeil Island, WA? I got involved in something and couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amoody22