WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn! Catch it at 9o'clock! I just posted in the asto forum because Lindsey was at the very bottom. I haven't been up to date with the astro thread so I probably shouldn't have posted but this little girl needs to be brought up to the surface. Some days her case leaves me foggy so I hope others might have more relavent questions. Have you ever posted not so confidently and thought why did I do that? That's me! At least her name is at the top! :innocent:

still not buying it. and i think it's very dangerous to make an assumption.
if you look at lindsay's dissapearence it's like a mish mesh of kidnappings you've heard about.

still not buying it. and i think it's very dangerous to make an assumption.
if you look at lindsay's dissapearence it's like a mish mesh of kidnappings you've heard about.

Hello KBl, welcome to Lindsey's main thread.

I'm curious to know what your thoughts are regarding similarities to a mish-mash (or odd, disorganized conglomeration) of facts from other kidnapping cases. I hope I'm interpreting your meaning of mish-mash correctly.

For example, are you speculating Lindsey's disappearance may involve a serial kidnapper or a copycat child abductor?

One of the biggest problems we have in slueuthing this case, is that we simply do not have enough information. We do not have an accurate timeline, nor a specific "crime scene".

We've tried very hard not to assume anything, but the fact is, we simply cant.

It seems necessary to understand the reason why things are as they are. For me the body of ideas worked out can provide us with the adequate means of achieving this understanding. On a personal note I haven't seen anyone on Lindsey's thread tarnish her name since the beginning of the case as Lindsey has been top priority in all those who post here. I think the silence by anyone who knows something is the tarnished betrayl of Lindsey.

I'm curious to know what your thoughts are regarding similarities to a mish-mash (or odd, disorganized conglomeration) of facts from other kidnapping cases. I hope I'm interpreting your meaning of mish-mash correctly.

For example, are you speculating Lindsey's disappearance may involve a serial kidnapper or a copycat child abductor?

One of the biggest problems we have in slueuthing this case, is that we simply do not have enough information. We do not have an accurate timeline, nor a specific "crime scene".

since jaycee was found last august i've heard alot about casss like (and forgive my spelling) micheala garret and illene mischeloff, also in california, from around that time, illene was walking somehwere and just disappeared, micheala was riding her bike with a friend and was snatched....what i mean is lindsey's case smells 'kidnapping' to me. not a runaway.
speculating about her meeting a boy or trying to scare her mom or whatever, it just seems like grasping at straws after almost 8 months of nothing being found out. and it also smacks of blaming lindsey to me

i just hope lindsey is found.
the longer this goes the better chance at a worse outcome or no outcome increases :(

I still feel that someone from McCleary must know something about what has happened to Lindsey and I can't help but think dark secrets cause those who know to
"hear no evil, see no evil, and speak no evil", what a shame that basic human kindness isn't enough to compel the truth!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2139/1796819933_d8b29fcdf7.jpg
Your link says it all in the face of this little girl who seems to be mimicking what all children of abuse feel. WARNING! Instant sadness upon viewing so hold your heart her pictures could break it.

The astros just posted that the person who is responsible for Lindsey crime was someone she would never have believed that of. Deeply shocked is the description of Lindsey given. Paring down to something absolute while piecing together an elusive criminals identity from crumbs is difficult. There seems to be no definitive answers in a world where evidence & eyewitness accounts don't necessarily add up to anything conclusive or complete. Did the predator strike for money? Maybe, Maybe not??? Did the predator strike from anger??? Was this just in the predtors nature??? Was the predators immagionable act a sign of weakness and self indulgence? Did the predator get a kick out of the hunt or from getting away with it??? Was sex, abduction the predators compulsion??? Has this predator in his past been told he doesn't have to do this and the predator remains to feel they are wrong because he absolutely does have to??? Is this maglignant shell of a person whose antisocial motivations rooted in a psychopathology showing a desperate, rash, impulsive behavior to satisfy the gnawing feelings of resentment and entitlment? If the person broke pattern when he chose Lindsey to assault then anyone and everyone becomes a potential victim. So far the public or LE don't seem worried about this as there has been no outcry to protect the young in McCleary.

Where to go from here in sluething??? Maybe looking at all possible threats at each home on her walk starting at kk's inside, porch moving on to the next house including the ones across from lindsey's side of the road. Probably a silly idea to most but I'm at a loss as there are too many frightening scenarios she may have walked into. Look at the caliber of people she had to pass in life!!!!
Where are all the posters who originally posted but have stopped as we need many to keep this investigative thread open.

Is anyone on Lindsey's thread having a :waitasec: kind of moment concerning her case? I want to empasize that because I talk about the predator I am in no way more interested in his capture than finding Lindsey. People are sensitive so I thought I should clarify. The goal is to find Lindsey only! Find Lindsey find the perp! Find the perp find Lindsey! I'd rather find Lindsey first so the monster can squirm, panic, screw up affording him the death penality.

im not into psychic stuff or astrology.
i just feel in my gut that wherever she is and whoever has her, she is alive.

Gut feelings are something I feel we all share. Her story has hit are hearts and those gut feelings are what keep us seeking for answers as to where we can find her. I'v always put out, "Thank God for the child whose got their own" I pray Lindsey is strong enough to keep the ugly we all are aware of away until recovery.

so sorry lindsey that this thread has apperently turned into an attempt to attack your character (meeting up with a boy? playing games with her parents?) rather then trying to find you
Let me assure you that nobody who posts in these threads for Lindsey would even think of "attacking her character". Lindsey was was ten years old when she disappeared; she is an innocent child. However, that very innocence may well have led her into making a choice that resulted in her disappearance, or worse. Did she trust the wrong adult? Did she overestimate her own swimming skill? Did she try to rescue a wounded mountain lion? Did her disappointment at having her Friday night sleepover plans frustrated cloud her judgement long enough that she set out on foot to find her father? Was she simply in the wrong place, at the wrong time? We don't know.

The fact that it is Lindsey who is missing means that Lindsey was participant in some action that resulted in her disappearance. Was she an active participant, or a passive one? The answer to this question might inform us as to where she can be found now. Nothing else has done so.

Gut feelings are something I feel we all share. Her story has hit are hearts and those gut feelings are what keep us seeking for answers as to where we can find her. I'v always put out, "Thank God for the child whose got their own" I pray Lindsey is strong enough to keep the ugly we all are aware of away until recovery.
Hi kageykaren!
a010.gif

I love that your mind never stops working on this problem.
a095.gif

yeah she was a particpant.
i guess i just dont get the logic...if she is walkng down the road on her way home and snatched by a stranger or even by someone she knew, we are wasting time debating what was going thru her mind........to my knowledge there has never been any confirmation of anything like her wanting to run away, meet up with a boy, run off to see her father ect.
when stuff like this comes up it reminds me of brooke bennent (vermont 2008) where the people behind her murder set it up to look like she ran away with someone from myspace.....essentially framing her for her own murder

yeah she was a particpant.
i guess i just dont get the logic...if she is walkng down the road on her way home and snatched by a stranger or even by someone she knew, we are wasting time debating what was going thru her mind........to my knowledge there has never been any confirmation of anything like her wanting to run away, meet up with a boy, run off to see her father ect.
when stuff like this comes up it reminds me of brooke bennent (vermont 2008) where the people behind her murder set it up to look like she ran away with someone from myspace.....essentially framing her for her own murder
But, if Lindsey was not snatched by a stranger or even by someone she knew, we are not wasting time debating what was going thru her mind.
And, as far as I know, there is no evidence that she was abducted, either.

Look, I'm not trying to be disagreeable. Really, I'm not. What I am trying to do is keep an open mind, because I don't yet know what happened, and until there is some evidence found to testify to whatever that is, all of the possibilities play, albeit with unequal parts.

I know very well that a mountain lion probably didn't eat her. Thank God.
But if one did, and nobody ever thought of that, she'd be lost forever, and I can't imagine that.

I'm not apart of this exchange about Lindsey running away as I have never thought this. I do respect the right of others to post what may be going through their head and if it is a way of thinking that I don't understand causing me to disagree I give my reasons why and move on without bitterness because this is one more avenue I can cross off after discussion. I'm open to getting back on board charting a new course and hope others want to also. My humble opinion is she walked into a jungle never to return! That is how I feel about the peeps on those blocks
who have done hidieous crimes and some still continue commiting stupid crimes.

n493291325113_9682.jpg

Seeing pictures of adorable little Lindsey makes my heart hurt so bad. Whatever she is going through right now isn't what she should be going through.

Sending out prayers to her and her family this evening. I hope we don't have to make it to 8 full months before we get some answers.

LLLindsey, Look at how she radiates. Her eyes so bright and smile truly looking gleeful! I know that sounds hokey but glee is what I see. This is a tender moment on the thread so I thought I would share a song we are all familiar with. There should be an option to listen to it with Lyrics. ~~"I won't give up, you don't give up"~~ I left the youtube link of "Train" singing the version "Calling All Angels" but it didn't show the video so google & take to heart. "We won't give up" even if our sluething brings us no closer to finding her as Lindsey story has taught me so much.

I am still here, I am still praying for Lindsey, family,friends, law enforcement, searchers, and websluethers alike....I am still hoping that all is well with Lindsey and she just walks back into the picture. With each passing day the chances of that are dimming sadly.
I am open to everyone sharing their ideas weather I am in agreement or not it helps to see every possible angle, in order to hopefully land on a lead. I agree that no one here has tarnished nor would they tarnish Lindsey's character we are all here for the same purpose 'We want Lindsey home!'
I have been following this case from day 1 it is the reason I found this site and joined...I searched everyday for info on Lindsey as I am just a few miles away from McCleary and I am scared for Lindsey, my daughter and every young girl/women out there till this is figured out. I am devastated by the lack of any word, any real evidence, any real clues as to what happened to this vibrant young girl that was meant to be a part of our future she deserves a future not what ever she is and has been going through!!
Lindsey will never leave my mind, my heart and my dreams.
I just wish there was more I could do, I wish I could get a read on this case that made since enough to break it wide open and bring Lindsey home.

I would like to Thank You all for the updates, the rehashing sessions, following through with any and all ideas...for just keeping it alive 'For Lindsey Baum!!'

Luna Myst, :wave::grouphug: I'm glad to see your post! It must be difficult being so close fo many. You wish the world would stop and Lindsey would appear as her same young dramatic self. Girls with spunk are survivors when navigating life so I pray this attribute helps her until she can be with the people who love her. For tonight I'll write out a check I'm counting to be cashed by Lindsey for a new wardrobe! Thats all I'v got for tonight! Thanks all for helping me out of the sadness this case brings on.

well she didnt run away just to dissapear into thin air. or get eating by a lion either. so what happened to her?
i do respect all of your opinions, it might not seem like it.
i just dont get what guess work, phycics, and astrology are gonna do to help find her.

are there any real leads making assumptions about 'meeting a boy' or 'running off to find dad' dont have any real value cause there' is no evidence to support it.
lets say she did decide to 'runaway to find dad'.

if she was hitchiking, who in the area is someone that could be a suspect? are there killers and/or sex offenders nearby, that if she got picked up shed be in big trouble?
if she 'went to meet a boy, who is it? is he involved?
if she ran away or laid low to get back at mom, how does this turn into 8 months of being gone? is someone hiding her out?

other then the first possibility, i find the second sets of possibilities to be very low in there chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member