WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, that's probably not a satellite dish, with that long cone it's more likely a radio telescope. I found this image, which is not quite it, because the dish is facing the wrong way:

http://www.cafepress.com/+where_are...ium=affiliate&utm_campaign=none&utm_source=cj

It's a t-shirt for the Very Large Array of Radio Telescopes n(http://www.squidoo.com/vla). There's also the Very Large Baseline Array, one of which happens to be in Brewster, WA. Here's an article about them: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/05/04/1250961/seeking-the-universe-from-an-apple.html and here's their website: http://www.vlba.nrao.edu/

I don't see anything about t-shirts, though. Is Brewster anywhere near McCleary? Maybe they stopped to visit the VLBA on their way?

Okay, that's probably not a satellite dish, with that long cone it's more likely a radio telescope. I found this image, which is not quite it, because the dish is facing the wrong way:

http://www.cafepress.com/+where_are...ium=affiliate&utm_campaign=none&utm_source=cj

It's a t-shirt for the Very Large Array of Radio Telescopes n(http://www.squidoo.com/vla). There's also the Very Large Baseline Array, one of which happens to be in Brewster, WA. Here's an article about them: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/05/04/1250961/seeking-the-universe-from-an-apple.html and here's their website: http://www.vlba.nrao.edu/

I don't see anything about t-shirts, though. Is Brewster anywhere near McCleary? Maybe they stopped to visit the VLBA on their way?

Brewster is in central WA but might be on the way if you were traveling to or from Montana.

I've been working on figuring out what is on the shirt. I don't think I'll be able to find it. Here's the best I can get is the darker of the 2 of I have attached.

I think the gray and white one is a really scary fluke! Doesn't that look like a creepy man's face? :(

Attachments

• shirt2.jpg
    shirt2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 23
  • shirt scary.jpg
    shirt scary.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 23
Do we have any fans of the movie "contact" living in or around? Carbuff your cafe express link to tee shirt reminds me of Paul Allens satellites used in the movie Contact. Is Vulcan Enterprises getting some advertisement?

Yeah a radio telescope, thats what I think too. i said satellite but I guess I meant radio telescope.....Im no trekie :)
I think it's more of a novelty shirt rather than a business. I swear I've seen these shirts before. And the image that's below..I think is like a dead alien (i know that makes me sound like a freak)...head on the right, legs to the left. Who knows....maybe I've been looking at my screen too long ;)

Player # 81 is the only one from Olympia with the Grizzlies...
http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/pages/roster.aspx?r=12&m=18

Brandon Maguire achieves Eagle Scout rank: Back on August 3, 2009 Brandon Maguire achieved the highest rank in Boy Scouts, the rank of Eagle. Brandon accomplished this feat after being a member of Troop 266 for seven years and follows in the footsteps of his older brother Preston. Brandon made First Class a little over one year after joining the troop. He then advanced to Star two years later in October 2005 and Life in July 2007. Brandon has served the troop as a Junior Assistant Scoutmaster and as a Project Leader. The highlights of Brandon’s scouting activities include attendance at two summer camps (Black Mountain and Fire Mountain) and numerous patrol activities, including clam digging and hiking. Brandon has earned the 50-*‐miler award for completing the Evergreen Trek in 2003. These outdoor activities have helped Brandon log 101 miles of hiking. He has supported his fellow Scouts by working on five Eagle Service projects which helped him accumulate 20 hours of service. For his Eagle Project he cleaned a pathway connecting Olympia High School to the local neighborhoods to eliminate a hiding location for students wishing to skip class and in an effort to safeguard the OHS childcare from potential predators. Brandon graduated from Olympia High School in 2009. He is currently is studying criminology and playing football at the University of Montana. Brandon’s advice to younger scouts is to “get your eagle rank prior to your driver’s license”. He said that as a three sport athlete it was extremely hard to add scouting activities into the mix while playing at a varsity level his junior and senior year. He also is very appreciative of all the Troop 266 adult volunteers.

A couple of the websites said that the Contact radio telescopes were based on the VLA/VLBA telescopes, so yeah, it could be something related to that movie. I haven't found anything yet, though. I thought it might be related to the SETI project, but I didn't find anything there, either. I agree, I'm sure I've seen this design somewhere before.

I don't think that's a logo on the front -- I think the t-shirt has a pocket with something in it, like maybe a couple of pens or something. When he walks almost directly under the camera, the white spot gets bigger and brighter, which it shouldn't do if it was something printed on the shirt.

The guy wearing it is way too old to be a current Grizzly player.

I wouldn't say red herring -- because LE pretty much says they aren't involved. Loose ends, definitely. The kind of loose ends that have to be cleared up before you can make a case against somebody. Otherwise a defendant could say, "It wasn't me, it's that unknown stranger in a white shirt."

And maybe one of them saw something that will be a small but important piece of information to add to the case.

Personally, I think your scenario is the most probable. Nothing else makes much sense. The FBI has language interpreters, state of the art equipment. IMHO, they are ruling out any person/persons whom a defense attorney could point the finger at.

Wishful thinking? Heck Yeah! What else is there at this point?

I have a comment/question?? I agree along with jvk about the men and have a theory on that one. My issue is other people were allowed to be seen by the public on those videos. I'm not sure how the law pertains in a child missing case but if media those people on the video I'm pretty sure (very sure) they must sign off that it is ok. Within an investigation it could cause harm as we have seen with the Golder family towards the other people other than the two. If anyone knows the law that would be interesting. Also many of us have talked with Mike at the shell and he knows everyone local and told me this gruffly! Looking back we can see the shell was more busy than currently reported. Also is anyone hearing the rumblings that some do know those guys?

I respectfully disagree with some of this post Karen. What the Golder's went through was brought on by their own behavior. LE doesn't ask for search warrants and do what they did on a whim.

If harm was caused to the Golder's, they brought it on themselves, IMHO.

They need to get off the "oh poor us bandwagon" and realize why they were looked at to begin with. It is what it is, and it's over. But it's not LE's fault. Or MB's or KK's fault. Not by a long shot. That is obvious in the search warrants. Just MHO.

And I've talked to Mike at the market myself....it's my humble opinion he's sick of the scrutiny. He's paranoid, and rightly so. He was working. He didn't go outside, abduct Lindsey and hold her hostage. His behavior is odd....but not so much when you consider everything.

Anyway...just MHO and all that.

Is this a form of a lecture. I feel everyone who has been involved in crimes against children has a understanding of the processing of search warrants. My concern during the Golder search was LE using the term POI when issuing the warrant. POI is not a legal term and in reality is a media term. The only word that is a legal term is suspect. Didn't mean any harm in the post. :) I think of Mike and refer to him sweetly as Big Bear and hope this unsettling time passes for him. I feel many in McCleary are experiencing paranoid feelings and it sure shouldn't be Big Bear Mike.
Everyone needs to stay alert until this bugger's caught. Peace...

I don`t think it is a red herring but I would like to know who the other store clerk was that was on the one video near the end, short dark hair, blue shirt and jeans, white ball cap. He is wearing a blue t-shirt in the video then he goes off camera and is back at the end wearing a blue jacket with a plaid hoody.

To me it really does look like DG, I keep watching and re watching these videos hoping that I will notice something in the background. I have noticed in the videos when they are of the outside that there is a white 2 door car parked across the street, it is in the upper right side of the screen. It seems to be a bit long in shape, does anyone know what kind of car that is.

I wish we joe public had the opportunity to view from when they are seen walking towards MKs house, are they seen walking there, how many are seen, so many questions still.

Please let today be Lindseys day.....

Good catch. I hadn't noticed him without the hooded sweatshirt.

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• plaid hooded white cap.JPG
    plaid hooded white cap.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 29
  • plaid hooded 2.JPG
    plaid hooded 2.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 21
I don`t think it is a red herring but I would like to know who the other store clerk was that was on the one video near the end, short dark hair, blue shirt and jeans, white ball cap. He is wearing a blue t-shirt in the video then he goes off camera and is back at the end wearing a blue jacket with a plaid hoody.

To me it really does look like DG, I keep watching and re watching these videos hoping that I will notice something in the background. I have noticed in the videos when they are of the outside that there is a white 2 door car parked across the street, it is in the upper right side of the screen. It seems to be a bit long in shape, does anyone know what kind of car that is.

I wish we joe public had the opportunity to view from when they are seen walking towards MKs house, are they seen walking there, how many are seen, so many questions still.

Please let today be Lindseys day.....

Two white cars circled in blue:
white cars.JPG

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_baJ5h1kw9o&feature=player_embedded

Does it look like the guy in the white t-shirt looks over as the white car drives by? Maybe it was loud and it made him look? Just a thought.

Ya know what else is strange about these videos? If you watch the 2nd and 3rd ones, you see a brown box on the counter and then a bit later there is a "closed" sign on that counter where the box was, but you never see anyone take it away. You see this in both videos, but that part is different in each of them. They seem to be spliced together. Why would that be? It's like the first part of video 2 goes with the first part of video 3. And the 2nd part of video 2 goes with the second part of video 3 - or something like that. I don't understand why it would be that way.

Also, the guy in the white ball cap and hooded plaid sweatshirt - does he work there? Why else would he be without a sweatshirt in one shot and with it walking out the door in another? I don't get that. Does anyone know who was reported working at the time of Lindsey's disappearance? Just the one other guy, or someone else too? Or would it be usual for someone to come and hang out and visit the guy who was working?

Good night :bedtime:

Let's hope tomorrow brings us closer to finding precious Lindsey.

Ya know what else is strange about these videos? If you watch the 2nd and 3rd ones, you see a brown box on the counter and then a bit later there is a "closed" sign on that counter where the box was, but you never see anyone take it away. You see this in both videos, but that part is different in each of them. They seem to be spliced together. Why would that be? It's like the first part of video 2 goes with the first part of video 3. And the 2nd part of video 2 goes with the second part of video 3 - or something like that. I don't understand why it would be that way.

Also, the guy in the white ball cap and hooded plaid sweatshirt - does he work there? Why else would he be without a sweatshirt in one shot and with it walking out the door in another? I don't get that. Does anyone know who was reported working at the time of Lindsey's disappearance? Just the one other guy, or someone else too? Or would it be usual for someone to come and hang out and visit the guy who was working?

Because they cut out all the other stuff and just left the snippets of the people they want to know about. They know who the others are and what they're doing so it doesn't matter if the tape makes sense as a whole.

Because they cut out all the other stuff and just left the snippets of the people they want to know about. They know who the others are and what they're doing so it doesn't matter if the tape makes sense as a whole.

Ohhh that makes total sense - sheesh, I must have been brain dead last night. It's just hard to get a sense in what sequence things happened. :waitasec:

Ohhh that makes total sense - sheesh, I must have been brain dead last night. It's just hard to get a sense in what sequence things happened. :waitasec:

Yeah, I know, I had to look at it several times before I figured out it didn't have a narrative sequence.

I am wondering if the significance of the whole thing is the fact that none of these people is involved and that nobody saw anything. The store is busy. The street is busy. If Lindsay was at or near the Shell station, somebody should have seen her. If nobody did -- well, that would imply that somebody who says they saw her near there is lying or mistaken.

Jules: Thank you so much for running with my post :)

Praying for the Baum family....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member