WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is refreshing to hear her Mom always refers to Lindsey in the present tense.

So much different than people who are involved in their child's disappearance.

It is refreshing to hear her Mom always refers to Lindsey in the present tense.

So much different than people who are involved in their child's disappearance.

WOW!! That's exactly what I was thinking! "She is talkative" "She writes good stories" Very interesting...

ChuckMaureen, I found this post that seems to attest to at least the viewing of the videos early into the investigation. Eyes4crime had this post in the first thread, post 229(I'm fairly certain) where in an interview it is reported, "Scott said video surveillance at the Shell Station are being reviewed." Shortly after Angelwhocares posted the videos showed nothing. We know there are 2 cameras on each side, one above the door or around that area and of course the one located inside. From there I know nothing of this stations surveillance except the cameras match mine. I can't say where the monitor is for comparison. When I stopped in it didn't occur to me that a camera was over the door. I did see the very large mirror inside to help with shoplifting but not a visible camera from the area of the mirror. I don't think I cleared anything up as far as the possible incompetence of not viewing the tapes in their entirety but does make me think LE did see all and only recently chose to show the public as a way to stir/peak interest in the area of the Station and who was in the area. Maybe LE realized it was time to side with the needs of the missing when first viewing the videos and early on didn't have clarity for some of the images until a later date of FBI creating a better resolution. Just speculating what could have been LE thought process.

Not sure how many times to date we heard LE express their time is expensive, the case effects budget? Could this be the reason many chose not to use higher technology in viewing these cameras in their entirety? If this was around une 30th. did the first Federal agents on the case before CARD team choose to not use what was at their beck and call? I have no public opinion on this subject!

WHOOPS! Just pretend you are on the dream/vision thread! So sorry! Just in a dreamy state of mind concerning the case so I thought best to type out loud here. (; After posting on Lindsey's main forum about the videos from the shell station and the first viewing being looked at around June 30th or at least confiscated. Reading the post up above it seems apparent that Lindsey's mother was not interviewed and shown any originals of surveillance video early into the investigation to possibly identify some of the people at the Shell that night. I find this disturbing as a mother. Once again it has one asking why now and how does this timing of released video effect the planning of the investigation by the Federal agents??? They (LE/Federal agents) are tricky boogers, even lie if necessary for the benefit of the child missing.

This takes me to the Forensic Sewer Divers, their investigating of the waterways leading to filtration system. Did some of evidence centering around Lindsey or her perpetrator have been found as LE stated they are testing what was found. Take into consideration my last sentence may be wrong but I remember this and would appreciate a link if needed for authenticity. After Forensic sewer diving did LE group and plan the next round of questions searches from possible clues from video, to sewers, to new searches. I did read about the first set of divers on the scene early into Lindsey missing so what brought on the seriouness pertaining to sewers, & watery ways?

SS and Kagy - I have unapproved several of your posts. However I am a bit intrigued by the possible connection here and I'm going to have admin take a look at this thread.

In the meantime - would one of you or both of you please make a post, with links but no names, that clearly explains how the people in question are related to this case and could possibly be related to Lindsey?

Before this discussion goes any further, I would like to see a clear connection.

Thank you,

Salem
Sorry to respond at such a late date to your post. I can only tell you that my surprise at the info. released kind of messed with my personal sense & sensibilities because of an early report by media who was doing an interview with said subject as being close to one particular person in the case. I went back & checked her name here at W/S to make sure I read the articles/social sites correctly as I was confused also initially. After reading others posts I must apologize for jumping to conclusions concerning others private matters as it was very clear this would not be a concern for anyone close to the case. What can I say but that I'm old, been married for 30yrs. so not up on the latest styles some choose in life. I didn't go to great length but did look for links to help some but all had proper names of the said person. Glad to move on as others who were initially alarmed and will try to control my emotional responses. I'm only concerned with Lindsey so please understand how news in the case can effect one.

Thinking of Lindsey today. Saw a few minutes of JVM yesterday and didn't realize it's been a year since Lindsey went missing.

Come home soon sweet girl!

Hello friends! I'm so sorry to see that Lindsey is still missing- have been offline but praying for her and her family(ies). We've had a bad few months here in San Diego with the discovery of Amber's body and the murder of Chelsea King, but at least the *&^%$ monster who took them is safe behind bars for good. Small comfort, I know, but it's so much more than we have for sweet Lindsey!

I think of you all often, too, and hope you are all well and happy!
Keep looking!
Love!

Hello friends! I'm so sorry to see that Lindsey is still missing- have been offline but praying for her and her family(ies). We've had a bad few months here in San Diego with the discovery of Amber's body and the murder of Chelsea King, but at least the *&^%$ monster who took them is safe behind bars for good. Small comfort, I know, but it's so much more than we have for sweet Lindsey!

I think of you all often, too, and hope you are all well and happy!
Keep looking!
Love!

Good to see you! I thought of you recently and your post in the brainstorming thread calling your file for Lindsey's case, "spitball"! That cracked me up! Great post and wish we had info to do this again.

Seriously? That was the home video they chose to release? Seems a little odd to me....I would have picked another that didn't discuss her being 'killed'.

Seriously? That was the home video they chose to release? Seems a little odd to me....I would have picked another that didn't discuss her being 'killed'.
I thought this too initially but felt if this was all LE had showing Lindsey animated so be it. What stuck out to me the most was the tenderness with which Lindsey played with the young man almost like an old soul, sisterly & motherly. It seemed as if Lindsey displayed an innocent, sweetness in keeping the make believe storyline going on almost for the benefit of the little boy in play. I totally empathize with you that the words were alarming when taken into consideration at the time of release. Bitter sweet... ):

Thanks Jennifer, I think they could enlarge the head of the man in the red shirt to where someone would recognize him, don't you? That guy seems to walk with an unusual gait, quite straight legged and when walking it looked like his body was bent from the waist up, forward. Like the top half of his body was bent a bit forward while the legs remain pretty straight as he walked. I don't know how to explain that.

I also wonder what the guy in the red shirt was talking about so long before the attendant walked over to the truck and unscrewed the gas cap ???

Both guys are about the same size. Geeze, I thought by now they would have to know who the guy in the plaid shirt was.

It looks like one of the first things said to the public could be true in Lindsey's case. They said something like ' . .if you know anyone who might travel thru McCleary on a regular basis on Friday evenings, call us.'

xox

Thanks Jennifer, I think they could enlarge the head of the man in the red shirt to where someone would recognize him, don't you? That guy seems to walk with an unusual gait, quite straight legged and when walking it looked like his body was bent from the waist up, forward. Like the top half of his body was bent a bit forward while the legs remain pretty straight as he walked. I don't know how to explain that.

I also wonder what the guy in the red shirt was talking about so long before the attendant walked over to the truck and unscrewed the gas cap ???

Both guys are about the same size. Geeze, I thought by now they would have to know who the guy in the plaid shirt was.

It looks like one of the first things said to the public could be true in Lindsey's case. They said something like ' . .if you know anyone who might travel thru McCleary on a regular basis on Friday evenings, call us.'

xox

the other guy at the pumps is not an attendant (unlike Oregon, we pump our own gas up here) He was a customer too. Looked like maybe they knew each other or maybe the first guy was talking to the guy in the white truck about his truck.. maybe complimented him (as it looks like it might be a reasonably nice classic truck)

Not sure.

Sadly IMO if anyone took her when leaving that gas station shes not in the immediate area.

Im glad they released the videos, hoping maybe someone knows the guy in the red shirt.

I pray for her every night.

the other guy at the pumps is not an attendant (unlike Oregon, we pump our own gas up here) He was a customer too. Looked like maybe they knew each other or maybe the first guy was talking to the guy in the white truck about his truck.. maybe complimented him (as it looks like it might be a reasonably nice classic truck)

Not sure.
Thanks for that Jennifer. It does make perfect sense. LE must have ID'ed this customer as they haven't asked who he is, right? So they probably didn't know each other, just man talk about cars. eh? I would think that man could give LE a pretty good description.

Do you think LE really doesn't know who the red shirted man is or could they be using the media to get a reaction from him or enhance the investigation in some particular way? Do you think he looks like a millworker, trucker or logger? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme