WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with carbuff. Your post helps with clarity at this late stage in the investigation. Maybe you could add this too the brainstorming thread. I think there are more than several that have refreshed their thoughts in theory and want to discuss things they didn't realize as important in the beginning. Could someone access LB's phone via their own private PC? If so could this also give someone access to float in and out without being detected on Lindsey's social sites to manipulate links, pages, inserting posts as if they were one of the childs friends messaging, even could use this to meet up with the child as if they were one of her friends when in fact it is the SO. Could this put Lindsey into fear(the unknown) in May? This is a form of Internet harassment that has caused a new computer forensic team to develop for missing person as LE has found that predators are currently using this technique to lure children. A child doesn't understand the mind play to fear this harassment intends to do, especially if it doesn't sound threatening and links snuck in by the offender allude to love, friendship, princess/prince thinking as the SO earns love trust from the child and then the images suddenly turn into sexual along with threats. I'll provide a link to the FBI's program addressing this new secretive way this lures children. Very scary to know that it only takes and address or digital phone no to access anything 'you' in life. These cons are rampant now and according to my local police are very difficult to detect to lead to prosecution. I feel this could very well have happened to Lindsey and her friend and that was what caused her to have so much fear. It is very time consuming for computer forensics to go through the many man hours it takes to sift through entries, links to find this sort of evidence as the cons float everywhere. This Internet is a double edge sword. With the new discovery of this form of crime no children should be on social sites or have their images up on parents sites as well even though we love to display our children's moments with others.

I went through my notes for the link as I remember it comming from National Center for Missing and Exploited Children stating to report the abuse of Obscene material being sent to a child, MISLEADING DOMAIN NAMES & MISLEADING WORDS, DIGITAL IMAGES USED ON THE NET TO DECIEVE AND ENTICE A CHILD should report this to the Cyber tipline. I'll keep looking for the link as everyone should be aware about this internet crime being perpretated at a fast rate. Until then try the organization above as they may now have a link. If you think about this in todays world this could be a big reason for some to come up missing. Ex; Wife see's a message from her husband through email stating for her to meet him somewhere but when she does it is a set up for abduction. Think about some of the cases that this scenario could have happened. Makes you perk up! Off to delete browsing! lol!

I thought the mothers interview was informative, she handled herself with confidence and conviction that she will never give up. If I were to have constructive criticism of the interview it would be in my humble opinion the mother speaking proudly of her daughter, always in the present tense but when asked what she would say to Lindsey she did not look into the camera to address Lindsey specifically with her message of conviction. She looked at the interviewer and told her what she would say. Missed opportunity for her daughter to possibly hear through media (she may only have access to a tv where she is. I mean we don't know so better to error on the side of the judgement that she hears these news briefs. The mother stated she knows Lindsey knows she won't give up so tell her that straight into the camera when given a chance. This is know judgement call as the mother has been to Hades and back and when a camera is on you nerves set in a bit.

As I watched this interview of MB thought she had done a very good job better then many of her other ones. I also found myself wondering why the father wasn't there and also speaking out. I try to put myself in the other person position and wondered to myself if this was my child what would I do. I realize he is in military but still all in all this is his daughter that has been missing for year. We haven't heard much about him as well as those who where friends and acquaintance around him when he lived in Mccleary or surrounding areas. Thinking someone that Lindsey might of known could of also been attached to his side.

As I watched this interview of MB thought she had done a very good job better then many of her other ones. I also found myself wondering why the father wasn't there and also speaking out. I try to put myself in the other person position and wondered to myself if this was my child what would I do. I realize he is in military but still all in all this is his daughter that has been missing for year. We haven't heard much about him as well as those who where friends and acquaintance around him when he lived in Mccleary or surrounding areas. Thinking someone that Lindsey might of known could of also been attached to his side.

The silence is disturbing. Is their another case where a father seems estranged from the situation of a daughter being abducted? Not a peep may be what he has been told by an attorney, LE???? So sad to see other couples of divorce work amicably with each other during a life crisis. Good to bring that up. Not a plea in the news from him since last summer???

The silence is disturbing. Is their another case where a father seems estranged from the situation of a daughter being abducted? Not a peep may be what he has been told by an attorney, LE???? So sad to see other couples of divorce work amicably with each other during a life crisis. Good to bring that up. Not a plea in the news from him since last summer???

I just find it kind of odd myself. When she first went missing he did give an interview but seems there wasn't much thereafter. We have seen multiple interviews with MB. Wondering why the silence. Maybe you are right maybe LE or attorney had said something. Kind of reminds me the way Kyron's dad was at first not wanting it about the family but wanted to keep the focus to be on Lindsey.

I just find it kind of odd myself. When she first went missing he did give an interview but seems there wasn't much thereafter. We have seen multiple interviews with MB. Wondering why the silence. Maybe you are right maybe LE or attorney had said something. Kind of reminds me the way Kyron's dad was at first not wanting it about the family but wanted to keep the focus to be on Lindsey.

Your such a dear! I'm a bit edgy these days and as an arse I just assumed he was being a butt-head. You however are not not only kind but right as well I bet. He wants the focus to stay totally on Lindsey Love and not on any possible drama that could arise from consistent media interviews. Maybe he is doing all sorts of things behind the scenes to help the best he can by just being available & staying in-touch with the liaison Federal agent.

Your such a dear! I'm a bit edgy these days and as an arse I just assumed he was being a butt-head. You however are not not only kind but right as well I bet. He wants the focus to stay totally on Lindsey Love and not on any possible drama that could arise from consistent media interviews. Maybe he is doing all sorts of things behind the scenes to help the best he can by just being available & staying in-touch with the liaison Federal agent.

I hope you're right...

Scott has never lived in McCleary and doesn't have any friends there.

And as far as the rest.. I will refrain from commenting on Scott. :)

snipped with respect.

... was LB being stalked before 6/26/09?
(hence my cell phone theory)

You have a very clear mind CM. Very Interesting. And previously stated that LB had made statements concerning her feeling that "something bad was going to happen". You would think that people within LB's most inner circle could connect the dots IMO.

Investigators combed cell phone records and have found nothing.

Maybe texts or gps searches do not show the same as calls, or monthly bills would be too thick from pages of texts ??

Nothing that was found on the computer or on her cell phone has led to anything definite. It has afforded us the opportunity to talk to some more people, but nothing specific about her disappearance.

From http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ncy+grace+scott+baum&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Investigators combed cell phone records and have found nothing.

Maybe texts or gps searches do not show the same as calls, or monthly bills would be too thick from pages of texts ??

You are correct, only the calls/numbers show on the actual bill that you get from Verizon. It does show a total number of texts sent and received. But not the numbers they are to or from.

but LE has the capability of getting more info than you or I could..

Just as the quote says, nothing (out of the ordinary use) was found via her cell phone records.

You are correct, only the calls/numbers show on the actual bill that you get from Verizon. It does show a total number of texts sent and received. But not the numbers they are to or from.

but LE has the capability of getting more info than you or I could..

Just as the quote says, nothing (out of the ordinary use) was found via her cell phone records.

My cell phone theory does not emphasize for LB to have had voice, text, picture or video communication with any perp.

As I indicated in a previous post .. if LB's cell phone had GPS, it could have been tracked via GPS positioning by anyone who knew the cell phone #.

Search instances against a cell phone GPS are not tracked and recorded.

From http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/AT-T-Navigator/Simple-GPS-Tracking/m-p/1731592

I know very little about the GPS system on cell phones. I know that there are some phones that simply give you your location in latitude/longitude. How do you track the phones on your account? For instance, if I want to see where my 16 year old actually is located, is there a way to track the location? I'm not interested in the Navigator thing with directions, etc. I just want to check his location and him really not know I'm doing it. In this day and time you must be on your toes with teenagers. I also have a daughter that will soon be driving and thought it would be good for her safety in case something were to happen. Girls are little more vunerable than boys. Appreciate any help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately there is no service provided by ATTM for what you are searching for, you would need to locate a 3rd party application to use to do what it is you are seeking on doing. Sorry about that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

http://www.navizon.com/index.asp

Stalker found victim via phone's GPS, say police
http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20100301-NEWS-100309986
She probably thought "something bad was going to happen" also........

Barnes also texted the alleged victim to tell her the GPS was activated and that he could see where she was whenever she used the phone, according to police records.

I recently had to deal with a third party tracking me through my phone. I was told that if the 3rd. party is really good at what they do they not only track you but also allows the con/stalker to listen to you in your own home. If they are really good at deceiving they can view remotely all entries made into your computer! Like all your emails, posts, social site entries ect... In essence the stalker is in the position of power because they hide behind numerous IP addresses much to difficult to weed through. I'm a novice at this sort of information but when one is forced to address a situation you learn to learn alot and thankfully there are people to help with this issue if one finds this crime perpetrated on them or there children. It's a new world so one must be brave!

From http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/AT-T-Navigator/Simple-GPS-Tracking/m-p/1731592

Stalker found victim via phone's GPS, say police
http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20100301-NEWS-100309986
She probably thought "something bad was going to happen" also........

Barnes also texted the alleged victim to tell her the GPS was activated and that he could see where she was whenever she used the phone, according to police records.

Woow Serpendity, Thank you for the links. I guess I am not very knowledgable about cell phones and some of their capabilities. Actually, the thought of a person being able to track you through the GPS of your cell phone is pretty scarry thought. To know where you are and what you are doing. I think I might of felt similar to how Lindsey felt that something bad was going to happen if this is the case.

Woow Serpendity, Thank you for the links. I guess I am not very knowledgable about cell phones and some of their capabilities. Actually, the thought of a person being able to track you through the GPS of your cell phone is pretty scarry thought. To know where you are and what you are doing. I think I might of felt similar to how Lindsey felt that something bad was going to happen if this is the case.
Scary stuff and so easily accomplished!

Scary stuff and so easily accomplished!

You are so right Kagey especially thinking how many children and teens have there own cell phone and not really knowing theses hidden dangers from these perps. I wonder how many parents realize the possibly that a perp could be lingering following the cell GPS tracking you or your child. I know I didn't know until serendipty mention it. Technology sure has advanced so fast in the last 20 years. Unbelieveable.

I'm brand new (1mo.) and Iv'e read so many cases, I'm not even sure if I posted on this one to say this little girl's plight has touched my heart just like PA did. I will keep following. And if anything strikes me I will post. How can so many people do horrendous things to our babies (0++)?! It boggles the mind.

Lindsey, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Does anyone know who makes the deciding decision on which photo is to be displayed on Interpol. For some reason it seems as if Lindsey's picture may have not been picked randomly. This particular photo out of all that have been so graciously shared is the only one that seems haunting to me. Even though the eyes have been stated to be the key to someones soul I also looked at her mouth with eyes, then looked at her eyes while covering her mouth just to get a feel of what they may be showing, then I covered her eyes and just focused on the mouth. Lindseys mouth in this picture seems to be showing nothing one way or another. Similar to a flat affect. No dimples, no frown, not even a slight twist to the corners of her mouth.

When covering her mouth you can see her eyes are wide=eyed and focused on who was taking that photo. She didn't even have a defiant look but seemed to lean more towards "I'm tired, why now" After all we have heard and seen confirming Lindsey as being outgoing, eager to please, social, drama girl, talkative this photo had me look at it in a different way today. Reality might be that this photo was chosen due to the fact that if Lindsey was trafficked in any way she would not be displaying a happy face but more of an intense, I'm not happy as we sort of can see in the Interpol image.
Did we discuss where and when this photo was taken on any thread? Wouldn't the Interpol agents want the most current pick? If they did then that may allude to this image of Lindsey being the last one taken and that was the only reason for its usage.

Thanks Serendipity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member