WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe just trying to grasp at straws here, but have spent a ggod deal of time since the last post looking at photos available of Lindsey. I think there's a striking resemblence between her and the girl missing since Jan. 31 2011 from McCleary. ummmmm anyone else see it or think there may be some conncetion?

:>

Maybe just trying to grasp at straws here, but have spent a ggod deal of time since the last post looking at photos available of Lindsey. I think there's a striking resemblence between her and the girl missing since Jan. 31 2011 from McCleary. ummmmm anyone else see it or think there may be some conncetion?

:>

The other person who looks like Lindsey is Hailey Dunn.

Just wanted to mention another missing girl in McCleary. Not sure of any circumstances at all. I just ran across her on the WSP website.

16-year-old Shelby Ann Wise missing from McCleary since January 31.

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/docs/mischild/Wise_Shelby.pdf

I live 17 miles from McCleary, read the "local" newspaper on a daily basis, I was IN McCleary on wednesday (I'm there about once a week) and this is the FIRST time I've heard of this.
I don't even recall seeing fliers anywhere in McCleary for this girl.

I live 17 miles from McCleary, read the "local" newspaper on a daily basis, I was IN McCleary on wednesday (I'm there about once a week) and this is the FIRST time I've heard of this.
I don't even recall seeing fliers anywhere in McCleary for this girl.

New info on this:

Mel B called the McCleary PD. The story we got was CPS went to pick this girl up from somewhere (not clear on the details of why they were picking her up or from where) and she fled out a window and it's rumored she is out of state.

Thanks for that update! So she is a missing endangered runaway.

An idea as we wait:

Contact The Vidette newspaper and ask that they interview folks like Rick Scott of Grays Harbor County Sheriff, the FBI etc. and do up another story on the search for Lindsey Baum

----------------

Contact KOMO and ask the same, maybe they could talk with Lindsey's dad too, anything to continue to inform people about Lindsey

Lacey girls report possible luring
One 11-year-old girl and two 10-year-old girls were playing near Thornberry Park in Lacey on Monday afternoon, when two men in a blue van approached them and motioned repeatedly for the girls to come to the van, the girls told police.

The men told the girls to come over, and drove away but then came back again, police said. One of the men got out of the van and opened the side door and told the girls to get in the vehicle, police said. Police said the girls ran from the vehicle and a witness snapped a few cell phone pictures of the vehicle, which police said they hope will help them identify the men

KIRO has good slideshow of van photos

Lacey WA is about 25 miles from McCleary - direct roads

Lacey girls report possible luring

KIRO has good slideshow of van photos

Lacey WA is about 25 miles from McCleary - direct roads

Thanks for posting this! Does anyone remember the other case they are referencing from the article?

"Lacey detectives told KIRO 7 they are also checking to see if the attempted luring might be connected to another luring case in Thurston County from the beginning of the year, where the victims described a vehicle as blue and possibly a van."

Has there been anything in this case about a blue van? It sticks out to me for some reason, but I can't really remember if we have talked about a blue van.

A 13-year-old Komachin Middle School student reported that someone tried to lure her into a dark blue minivan shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday.

Principal Joyce Ott sent a letter home Wednesday telling families about the incident. According to the letter, a white man described as about 35 years old with brown hair rolled down the van’s window and asked the student if she wanted a ride. The girl said no and ran home.

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2011/01/06/1496360/minivans-driver-tried-to-lure.html

A North Thurston High School student told police a man tried to coax her into a dark-blue truck after school Wednesday while she was waiting near the swimming pool on Sixth Avenue, according to Courtney Schrieve, a spokeswoman for North Thurston Public Schools. The man repeatedly offered her a ride, and she refused and walked away.

It was the second attempted luring reported in the Lacey school district in a week; the district sent an alert to families Thursday.

The Lacey Police School Resource Officer plans to increase patrols around Chinook Middle School and North Thurston High School, Schrieve said. The man was described as Hispanic, 18-25 years old.

A Komachin Middle School student reported that a man in a dark-blue minivan rolled down his window and offered her a ride during her walk home Tuesday. That man was described as white, about 35 years old, with brown hair.

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2011/01/07/1497565/lacey-attempted-child-lurings.html#ixzz1F0eqK4jR

I haven't yet found anything here about a blue van, will post if I find it. Googling on -"Lindsey Baum" blue van- does bring stuff up elsewhere but I haven't skimmed through yet.

I'll try to do a summary here of recent area luring cases:

Two reports of attempted child luring have been reported in the area of Roosevelt Elementary School, according to a letter sent home to parents this week.

According to Olympia police:

In one incident, a child was motioned to approach a parked vehicle by a white male in his late 20s or early 30s, with red hair and a goatee. The man was driving a dull-red truck with a matching camper shell. The truck had a 6-inch silver/white stripe along the side.

A second incident involved a different vehicle and a different student, at Phoenix Street and Prospect Avenue. An adult male reportedly followed a student as he walked home, stopping whenever the student stopped. The man is described as having dark hair and wearing a Seattle Mariners cap. He was in a blue, four-door car.
Olympia police informed of two attempts to lure kids
article posted 12/4/2010
------------------

A North Thurston High School student told police a man tried to coax her into a dark-blue truck after school Wednesday while she was waiting near the swimming pool on Sixth Avenue, according to Courtney Schrieve, a spokeswoman for North Thurston Public Schools. The man repeatedly offered her a ride, and she refused and walked away.

It was the second attempted luring reported in the Lacey school district in a week; the district sent an alert to families Thursday.

The Lacey Police School Resource Officer plans to increase patrols around Chinook Middle School and North Thurston High School, Schrieve said. The man was described as Hispanic, 18-25 years old.

A Komachin Middle School student reported that a man in a dark-blue minivan rolled down his window and offered her a ride during her walk home Tuesday. That man was described as white, about 35 years old, with brown hair.

Attempted child lurings lead to more patrols 1/7/2011
--------------------

An 11-year-old girl called 911 Monday to report that she and two friends were being followed by two men in a blue van while they were walking in the area of the Thornbury Community Park located at 54th Avenue and Thornbury Drive Southeast, according to Lacey police.

The driver of the van reportedly called out to the girls several times through his open window in an attempt to get the girls to get inside the vehicle. The girls said the passenger then got out of the van and opened the side cargo doors.

The girls ran to the park and contacted an adult. The witness snapped three pictures of the van with his cell phone.

The driver of the van is described as possibly a Hispanic male in his late teens to early 20s with short black hair. The passenger is also described as possibly Hispanic, in his late teens to early 20s with a silver wallet chain hanging from a belt loop and wearing a black T-shirt and black pants.

Lacey girls report possible luring article 2/22/2011

Thanks for bumping all of this info up, SarahC! I am on the lookout for these creeps. I do hope something shakes loose for Lindsey soon, I think of her every day.

Praying for Lindsey!

Just FYI nearby or not I donno also posted in Kyron fourm

SHERWOOD, Ore. -- Sherwood Police are investigating two incidents of children being approached by three unknown men.

The first incident was on Jan. 28. Children told police the men were driving a tan colored sports utility vehicle and stopped and spoke to them while the children were playing outside. The men asked the children if they had seen any dangerous dogs and then suggested to the children that they could meet the men by the railroad tracks to help look for the dogs. The children reported this to their mother, who called police.
(more at link)

http://sherwood.katu.com/news/crime...suspicious-man-who-approached-children/438673

It's been quite some time since I visited this forum .. makes me sad Lindsey hasn't yet returned home.

If only it would have been this simple:
http://www.kirotv.com/news/27053028/detail.html

And then again, you still have this occurring:
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20110303/US.Children.in.Canal/

My perception is, there is an uptick in the frequency of luring attempts .. and I attribute it to a reduction in law enforcement presence in our neighborhoods (anyone remember 'beat cops'?). Today we're lucky if we see a cruiser once a month.

Certainy, it has become too easy for perps and in my opinion they are encouraged by what is told of internet filth and child trafficking and so forth.%3

I'm not sure that the number of incidents has really gone up any, or if we just hear about them more.

I remember back when I was in grade school, a couple of my classmates were accosted by a man while they were walking to school. He pulled over beside them and tried to grab one of them. The other one hit him with her book bag and they both screamed, and the guy took off. When they got to school, the teacher called the sheriff and a deputy came out to look around, and they had a couple of extra patrol cars around the roads where lots of kids walked. They caught the guy a day or two later but I don't remember how. All that was ever in the newspaper was a one-line item about the arrest.

It's been quite some time since I visited this forum .. makes me sad Lindsey hasn't yet returned home.

If only it would have been this simple:
http://www.kirotv.com/news/27053028/detail.html

And then again, you still have this occurring:
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20110303/US.Children.in.Canal/

My perception is, there is an uptick in the frequency of luring attempts .. and I attribute it to a reduction in law enforcement presence in our neighborhoods (anyone remember 'beat cops'?). Today we're lucky if we see a cruiser once a month.

Certainy, it has become too easy for perps and in my opinion they are encouraged by what is told of internet filth and child trafficking and so forth.%3

It appears my post was truncated? Perhaps by a mod or is it a technical glitch?

On the find Lindsey Baum Facebook page, there is a post re: LW of McCleary, WA - Charge Attempted Rape Of A Child. Is this something we should look more closely?

ETA: There is a W on 6th and Maple according to white pages - looks like the address is the Beehive Retirement Center! That's a little close... since Lindsey was last seen in approximately that area.

ETA: There is a LW at 655 Maple St. IS THIS NEXT DOOR TO KK'S HOUSE???

On the find Lindsey Baum Facebook page, there is a post re: L**** W****** of McCleary, WA - Charge Attempted Rape Of A Child. Is this something we should look more closely?

ETA: There is a ******* on 6th and Maple according to white pages - looks like the address is the Beehive Retirement Center! That's a little close... since Lindsey was last seen in approximately that area.

ETA: There is a L*** W****** at 655 Maple St. IS THIS NEXT DOOR TO KARA KAMPEN'S HOUSE???

I just confirmed that he does not now nor has he ever lived next door to Kara (at least not when she lived there, he may have in the past though and you are coming up with an old address)

UPDATE:::: LW has been found NOT GUILTY of the charges listed above.

I removed the name from my post because I don't think we can post his name in conjunction with Lindsey since he hasn't been named as a POI in her case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman