WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the find Lindsey Baum Facebook page, there is a post re: LW of McCleary, WA - Charge Attempted Rape Of A Child. Is this something we should look more closely?

ETA: There is a W on 6th and Maple according to white pages - looks like the address is the Beehive Retirement Center! That's a little close... since Lindsey was last seen in approximately that area.

ETA: There is a LW at 655 Maple St. IS THIS NEXT DOOR TO KK'S HOUSE???

Thanks for editing Kimster!

I just cannot believe . . . . . alot of things. Nobody knows anything, saw anything, suspects anything. I know everything that can be done is being done, but........why does it seem like things are standing still and . . . . . . . where is Lindsey?

also bumping

Human remains found near Harts Lake
http://www.nwcn.com/news/Human-remains-found-near-Harts-Lake-117862304.html

GingerRed was kind enough to bring this to Nancy Moyer's thread. Thought we should also post it here.

The site is past a gate off a hiking trail about a mile from the 4100 block of Harts Lake Road South in the r McKenna area of South Pierce County, he said. It is also close to Thurston County.

I hope we are told soon.

So no news yet on the remains found? It's only been 4 days, found on Fri the 11th, but wouldn't you think they would at least give a bit more info to the public about the body. In the link above it mentions LE are treating it as a homicide {which is death by another human being}.

It could be they know who this person is and don't feel it will benefit the case to put any info out at this time. Hmmmm

true, scandi, and that area is awful close to both McCleary and Tenino...

Hi FOS, The more time that passes till more info comes out makes it suspicious to me. I assume it is skeletonized, but with one glance the ME can tell if it is female or male by the bones. I bet even the first responder knew right away what sex the body was, that is unless the body was pre-pubescent, right?

BUMPING for Lindsey and Nancy ;}

Hi FOS, The more time that passes till more info comes out makes it suspicious to me. I assume it is skeletonized, but with one glance the ME can tell if it is female or male by the bones. I bet even the first responder knew right away what sex the body was, that is unless the body was pre-pubescent, right?

BUMPING for Lindsey and Nancy ;}

Not necessarily with one glance, especially depending on which bones were present and what condition they were in. Skulls are usually pretty obvious, but not always. Even the pelvic girdle can be ambiguous.

As my daughter is getting ready to go back to school from March break, my thoughts always seem to drift off to you sweet Lindsey. I wish you could experience the journey into young womanhood, just as my baby is. I'm so sorry that you haven't been found yet, I feel deep down that your time will come, justice will be served. You are so loved little one, please know that we haven't given up on you....

Forever in my heart always on my mind....

There is another girl missing from Lewis County in Wa State {Chehalis & Centralia on I-5}. Her name is Kayla Mae Croft-Payne. She disappeared last May ~ Just short of a year with almost nothing even written about her. She also spent time in Cowlitz County {Mt St Helens, Longview, Kelso} and Pierce County {Tacoma area and Hart's Lake}.

I'm thinking there's allot of no-mans land east of I-5 where there could possibly be a Serial Killer working. It isn't beyond belief IMO that this could be the case. Lindsey, Kayla and Zina just starting out of the gate. Are there any other girls either found or still missing from that area?

Here is a map of the counties in S. Washington Statehttp://maps.lewiscountywa.gov/maps/LewisCountyLocation/LewisCountyMap.pdf It also shows Pierce and Cowlitz Counties adjacent to it. Sorry, it's a PDF and needs a link, can't print it here. xox

The article also says the age and sex of the victim is not yet known. :(

10 days now with no further info on this body. We have Lindsey and Kayla still not found.

By auto, up the I-5 corridor, that dumping ground of Hart's Lake would be an easy ride for a perp to make ~ close enough to travel to and far enough away not to worry about something being detected for quite some time, eh?

All IMO

There is another girl missing from Lewis County in Wa State {Chehalis & Centralia on I-5}. Her name is Kayla Mae Croft-Payne. She disappeared last May ~ Just short of a year with almost nothing even written about her. She also spent time in Cowlitz County {Mt St Helens, Longview, Kelso} and Pierce County {Tacoma area and Hart's Lake}.

I'm thinking there's allot of no-mans land east of I-5 where there could possibly be a Serial Killer working. It isn't beyond belief IMO that this could be the case. Lindsey, Kayla and Zina just starting out of the gate. Are there any other girls either found or still missing from that area?

Here is a map of the counties in S. Washington Statehttp://maps.lewiscountywa.gov/maps/LewisCountyLocation/LewisCountyMap.pdf It also shows Pierce and Cowlitz Counties adjacent to it. Sorry, it's a PDF and needs a link, can't print it here. xox

scandi, I am not able to access the full articles, but I was able to see her photo at The Chronicle online. If someone has a subscription, they can view them. Here's the link to the photo:
http://www.chronline.com/image_9077ce28-7a37-11df-aee4-001cc4c002e0.html

This paper covers a huge geographical area, and one of their top stories today was fly-tying. I'm not sure how ground-breaking their coverage will be, but it's a little start. On the other hand The Olympian is hopeless, I'm convinced! JMO! :doh:

and then I found this: http://www.theolympian.com/2011/01/...d-girl-wakes-to-find.html#storylink=mirelated

"A 15-year-old girl woke up in her bedroom in the 8800 block of Milbanke Drive at 4 a.m. Monday to find a stranger crouched at the foot of her bed, according to the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office.

Sheriff’s Lt. Greg Elwin said the girl woke up because she was cold, and subsequently noticed that an exterior door in her bedroom had been opened."

Published Jan. 11, 2011. There has been A LOT of activity in East Oly/Lacey lately. Moving out of smaller towns where they might be noticed more easily? Into larger communities? Simply working the I-5 corridor like scandi mentioned? This is insane.

There are several similar-age girls and boys missing from northern Oregon, too. Kyron Horman, Samuel Boehlke, Kacey Perry, Maria Hidalgo, for just the more recent ones.

Are we just hearing more reports/information about these cases than other parts of the nation are able to provide to their regions or do you all think we have a higher percentage of missing children in this area (PNW)? Sometimes it's pretty obvious to LE and the public that the people immediately connected to the children are involved in their disappearance, but Lindsey's case especially reeks of stranger abduction...or at least someone she was only familiar enough with to trust for a split second. KWIM? JMO

Hi, Sitting at work this afternoon I sat up straight and said to myself, Hey, :websleuther: maybe I can find out something about the Harts Lake 'found remains'. I called the Pierce County SD who put me thru to the ME's office.

I told her there were 2 missing girls in So Wa, Lindsey and Kayla Mae, and there are several of us wondering why there has been no public info put out about the age and sex of the remains.

At first the gal said they are keeping that info private for now and she implied they are still doing forensic testing {for ID purposes - she said that as an afterthought}. I then asked her if there was a specific reason they are withholding that info from the public and all she said was, "well . . . . ."

Wanting to learn a bit more, I started talking about Lindsey and Kayla, then telling her Zimi's remains had been found only 16 miles from the new find at HL. She immediately lowered her voice and told me the person was not a child. I thanked her allot for the info.

After I hung up I felt a little smile float across my face. Maybe a 'save' for Lindsey and Kayla for right now as they're not at the ME's office in Tacoma. I don't think LE has evidence of either girl's death. That means we can still hope they are with us. Ya Ya

I still hold Nancy Moyer close to my heart with hope she is still alive.

xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member