WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we just hearing more reports/information about these cases than other parts of the nation are able to provide to their regions or do you all think we have a higher percentage of missing children in this area (PNW)? Sometimes it's pretty obvious to LE and the public that the people immediately connected to the children are involved in their disappearance, but Lindsey's case especially reeks of stranger abduction...or at least someone she was only familiar enough with to trust for a split second. KWIM? JMO

Hi Fullofsecrets, Having thought about that since I read your post yesterday I think as Sleuthers we are simply more atune to the happenings with those who go missing. We dig in, and soon find out even more info than has been given to the public. And we are now even learning about abductions/missing from 2007 and before, going back with our COLD CASES. I know that as I'm compiling a list of all those going back to 2007 in S Wa. Several have similar type situations.

Now I will add that in areas where there are higher #'s of SO's like Florida, there will be many more that go missing or are sexually abused. I think Fl is #2 in the nation for RSO's - correct me if that is wrong. IMO

xox

Hi, Sitting at work this afternoon I sat up straight and said to myself, Hey, :websleuther: maybe I can find out something about the Harts Lake 'found remains'. I called the Pierce County SD who put me thru to the ME's office.

I told her there were 2 missing girls in So Wa, Lindsey and Kayla Mae, and there are several of us wondering why there has been no public info put out about the age and sex of the remains.

At first the gal said they are keeping that info private for now and she implied they are still doing forensic testing {for ID purposes - she said that as an afterthought}. I then asked her if there was a specific reason they are withholding that info from the public and all she said was, "well . . . . ."

Wanting to learn a bit more, I started talking about Lindsey and Kayla, then telling her Zimi's remains had been found only 16 miles from the new find at HL. She immediately lowered her voice and told me the person was not a child. I thanked her allot for the info.

After I hung up I felt a little smile float across my face. Maybe a 'save' for Lindsey and Kayla for right now as they're not at the ME's office in Tacoma. I don't think LE has evidence of either girl's death. That means we can still hope they are with us. Ya Ya

I still hold Nancy Moyer close to my heart with hope she is still alive.

xox

Thanks for calling Scandi and for bringing us the news. Now, if only you could have gotten a sex :crazy:

I carried your post over to Nancy's thread, credit to you of course.

Never give up hope that one of them will come home.

Nancy Grace to find 50 people in 50 days - tonight Lindsey Baum.

Anyone have a subscription to The Daily World? Or access to public library that carries it? Today they have a headline Prison crews again clearing brush in Baum search visible on their site but I don't have a sub so can't see the rest.

Tomorrow I will be able to access online through public library database so if no one comes up with it before then, I'll post here again.

Anyone have a subscription to The Daily World? Or access to public library that carries it? Today they have a headline Prison crews again clearing brush in Baum search visible on their site but I don't have a sub so can't see the rest.

Tomorrow I will be able to access online through public library database so if no one comes up with it before then, I'll post here again.

I have the article but I don't think I can copy and paste it here because we aren't supposed to do that. We are only supposed to put a snippet and the link.

Maybe a mod can chime in and let me know what to do in a case like this.

Offenders clear brush in McCleary

Friday, March 25, 2011 - 12:04
Authorities again used prison crews this week to clear brush from around McCleary in hopes of finding evidence linked to the disappearance of Lindsey Baum.

http://www.thedailyworld.com/local_news

Hi JenO, maybe you can just paraphrase the rest of the story for us.

Sort of off topic, yesterday I was looking at addresses for Bernard (Keith) Howell. He's the person who killed Vanda Boone in Tenino and is now a POI in Nancy Moyer's disappearance.

One of the address' for Howell was Gonzaga Ct. in Oly. The street name sounds so familiar but I can't remember why. Pretty sure it was something in Lindsey's case. An attempted abduction maybe? Remember the guy that was in the backyard at the cousins house? Was that Gonzaga Court?

No big deal, but it's bugging me.

If it's private, we can't quote it for copyright reasons. :(

If you'd like to paraphrase it, we can do that in this instance. :tyou:

Paraphrased from Daily World article 3/25:

Department of Corrections work crews recently cleared brush again in McCleary as part of the ongoing Lindsey Baum investigation. Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott says this was not in response to any new info.

There is now a beautiful large Have You Seen Me? Lindsey Baum banner on the task force office downtown McCleary.

Lindsey-2.jpg

I hear that the upcoming new tv show Vanished with Beth Holloway will include Lindsey's story.

Of the half dozen friends of Lindsey's who waited for her while she showered, where did they go once they left the Baum home? We know MK, JB, and Lindsey headed to MK's together. Where did the rest go?

Oh Lindsey, my heart breaks for you sweet girl.

Of the half dozen friends of Lindsey's who waited for her while she showered, where did they go once they left the Baum home? We know MK, JB, and Lindsey headed to MK's together. Where did the rest go?

Oh Lindsey, my heart breaks for you sweet girl.

Maybe to the Nelson house? Mrs Nelson was working that evening at the Beehive and Lindsey had been at their house swimming allot that day. After the girls left the Nelson house they went downtown, right and then to Lindsey's house? It's been so long I need to review :floorlaugh:

ETA: just remembered, There was supposedly a slumber party at the Nelson house that night. It only makes sense that these girls had been swimming together much of the day {and the day before}, and upon leaving Lindsey's house walked all together to the Nelson house and then Lindsey and KK's daughter walked up to KK's house to get permission for KK to spend the night together. Mom said no so Lindsey left walking while her friend stood on the porch and watched her till she was obscured by the trees. I remember too that Lindsey had another little friend who lived on Maple St. Could she have run into her and walked part way with her, say to Maple and 4th? IMO

-- Police and FBI agents are conducting a training exercise, searching a pond and nearby bushes in the area where Lindsey Baum disappeared almost two years ago in the Grays Harbor County town of McCleary.
<Snipped>

http://www.kirotv.com/news/27466297/detail.html

From what I'm hearing they are searching behind the Simpson Door Mill.. same area where the inmates cleared a few weeks ago.

Police say there are no new leads on the whereabouts of the girl, but a dive team will search the pond while other officers check the surrounding area.

The exercise was scheduled months ago when the sheriff suggested that training in the McCleary area might be a good place for dive teams.
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=459575

Why is it every time there is a search/clearing of brush, they make it sound like they just dropped by the area and had nothing better to do so they searched or cleared brush? I laugh when I read it now because they have said it so many times.

I hope they find what they are looking for.

Why is it every time there is a search/clearing of brush, they make it sound like they just dropped by the area and had nothing better to do so they searched or cleared brush? I laugh when I read it now because they have said it so many times.

I hope they find what they are looking for.

yeah, when I read the article I was like "yeah.. right! training exercise my butt!"

With the amount of LE trucks and crew out there this was NOT a training exercise. This was a well planned out search.

Oh, edited to add: It's confirmed that they were searching the pond area behind Simpson Door plant.

Why do they want to keep it on the down-low? They do that with the Haleigh Cummings case too. But in Kyron's case, they are open about it. I don't understand why some departments want to try to fool people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmayole