WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from what i have read ......these attempts are all in the area of Roosevelt Elm school......i believe there were four last school year and two this year......just blocks from each other......its very creepy!...

last year attempts were made on tues and friday after noon...right after school....one right after a girl got off the school bus......this year it was a tues and then the next day wed......both right after school......

from what i have read ......these attempts are all in the area of Roosevelt Elm school......i believe there were four last school year and two this year......just blocks from each other......its very creepy!...

last year attempts were made on tues and friday after noon...right after school....one right after a girl got off the school bus......this year it was a tues and then the next day wed......both right after school......

wondering if reason being the person works the other days and his day's off shifted from a Friday to a Wednesday so it gives them two days off in a row.
Where these times that these things happen the first or month.. any pattern to it..

Complete and utter Bulls#!t!!!

Find Lindsey Baum- It was brought to my attention today that members of the Lindsey Baum search team and Melissa Baum approached the local F.D. to ask for help spreading awareness for Lindsey. They requested to have the F.D. hang a banner for Lindsey on the Firetruck during an upcoming Christmas activity that the FD will be taking part in (and does yearly). During this event the Fire Department hands out candy canes to local children as they drive through town. The search members and Melissa Baum also asked if they could possibly add labels to the candy canes that would be handed out to help spread awareness for Lindsey. They offered to do this by hand - on site or however was most convenient, if it was possible.

They were informed that the Fire Department and other members including the Fire Chief would have to hold a meeting and vote on it. Apparently the majority vote was that a child missing from their very own front yards did not warrant such support. Lindsey's support team was informed that if they did this for their organization (which the FD was corrected as they are not an organization) then they'd have to do so for everyone. Last time I checked there was only one child missing from McCleary - so it is difficult to understand how exactly that would have put them out.
<snipped>

You can read more by following the link below
I'm not sure if this link works.
http://apps.facebook.com/causes/posts/605854?m=90525af8

You may have to go here to read it:
http://www.causes.com/causes/505723-lindsey-baum-still-missing

Read the cause bulletin posted by Giorgio Child-Advocate on Dec 14.

Complete and utter Bulls#!t!!!

Find Lindsey Baum- It was brought to my attention today that members of the Lindsey Baum search team and Melissa Baum approached the local F.D. to ask for help spreading awareness for Lindsey. They requested to have the F.D. hang a banner for Lindsey on the Firetruck during an upcoming Christmas activity that the FD will be taking part in (and does yearly). During this event the Fire Department hands out candy canes to local children as they drive through town. The search members and Melissa Baum also asked if they could possibly add labels to the candy canes that would be handed out to help spread awareness for Lindsey. They offered to do this by hand - on site or however was most convenient, if it was possible.

They were informed that the Fire Department and other members including the Fire Chief would have to hold a meeting and vote on it. Apparently the majority vote was that a child missing from their very own front yards did not warrant such support. Lindsey's support team was informed that if they did this for their organization (which the FD was corrected as they are not an organization) then they'd have to do so for everyone. Last time I checked there was only one child missing from McCleary - so it is difficult to understand how exactly that would have put them out.
<snipped>

You can read more by following the link below
I'm not sure if this link works.
http://apps.facebook.com/causes/posts/605854?m=90525af8

You may have to go here to read it:
http://www.causes.com/causes/505723-lindsey-baum-still-missing

Read the cause bulletin posted by Giorgio Child-Advocate on Dec 14.

:eek: wow....how sad.....

what was the sign and messages on the candy going to say?....was that info given to the FD before their meeting on it?...i wonder if they were asking for donations :waitasec:..... if that is what turned them off to it....maybe??....i dont know :(...it shouldnt come down to that :snooty:....local FD do fund raising all the time for toys for tots and the food banks....( im just talking to my self trying to make since of it)

it would have been wonderful to have lindsey on the truck to remind everyone that this little girl is still missing!

:eek: wow....how sad.....

what was the sign and messages on the candy going to say?....was that info given to the FD before their meeting on it?...i wonder if they were asking for donations..... if that is what turned them off to it....maybe??....i dont know...it shouldnt come down to that :snooty:....it would be wonderful to have lindsey on the truck to remind everyone that this little girl is still missing!

I'm not exactly sure what the small label was going to say. I didn't ask and wasn't part of planning that.

And no, donations were not asked for. We were going to provide the labels (to include the printing of whatever we were going to put on them) and we were even going to attach them ourselves. The only thing the FD would have had to do was hand them out (which they are already going to be doing).

Many in the town of McCleary seem to think that since Melissa and Josh have moved that they can just forget the fact that an innocent child went missing from their "family friendly safe community" and who ever did it is still out there.
You can bet if a "long time" locals child went missing there would be a whole lot of things done differently.

Just got word that the media has picked up this story. I will post more info when I have it.

That makes me soooooo angry!!!!!! Disgusting. I hope shame is brought upon them. This is a CHILD!

ETA: Even if it was a missing adult, it would still be shameful.

Who were these descision makers, why wouldn't they want to help Lindsey.....

I have been on this site too long....

Who is trying to hide something??????

It seems the Fire Department has changed their side of the story. Trying to make Melissa sound like a liar? Not sure.
You guys can watch and decide.

Channel 5 (King) was in McCleary today for an interview. It will be on tonight at 10 pm news (Kong channel 6) and the 11 pm news (King channel 5).

Will definitely watch the news tonight.

Missing girl's mother accuses firefighters of refusing to help

A controversy is brewing in McCleary, where Lindsey Baum disappeared 18 months ago. The group helping with the search is upset with local firefighters, accusing them of refusing to help find the missing girl.

More: http://www.king5.com/home/Lindsey-Baum-search-firefighters-111977054.html

Ugh. If only I didn't have to work Saturday. I'd go put up Lindsey's flyers ALL OVER the Fire Department. :) (Or all around it, at least. Not wanting to break any laws, of course.)

We are actually going on Friday afternoon to hang the flyers. ;)

A video has been posted on King 5.

Where are you sweet baby?????

My heart breaks daily for this baby...something has to give soon...please...

King5 added a poll to their news story. Asking which "side" you are on. Clearly this means nothing to them:

The dispute has both sides suffering community backlash. But they agree on one thing: their causes should not compete with each other.

By the way, the fire department has over 70% of the vote. Wow.

http://www.king5.com/home/Lindsey-Baum-search-firefighters-111977054.html

This might have already been thought of but maybe candy canes with info could be disbursed through Gordon's, Rain County, the Sub shop, maybe the library too?

I think it is absolutely fine for folks to ask the fire department to use their Santa truck drive for the candy canes/info and it is absolutely fine for the fire department to choose not to.

In choosing to not do this thing this time the fire department is in no way turning their back on the search efforts.

I know I have a minority opinion here but I hope folks will bear with me as I lay this out.

Choices are okay, boundaries are okay. People get to say No when asked to do something and that No doesn't necessarily mean they are cruel, prejudiced, or anything else.

Some of us can multi task, some of us need to do one thing at a time. Some of us learn one way, some of us other ways. Some of us want to put out a message one way, some of us other ways. All of this can be okay.

Lindsey is still missing and this fact is absolutely utterly entirely horrendous.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be so closely involved in the search and then to hear a No when I along with others asked for help. I can't imagine what Lindsey's mom is going through.

But. Personally I support everyone's right to make choices and set boundaries. Even if something makes perfect sense to me doesn't mean it works for someone else. The firefighters have voted to not do the candycanes during their Santa truck run and I think that is okay, that is their choice and I support that.

I think there is a way both can happen, as the two interests don't have to be in conflict. All of us who want Lindsey home can continue to find ways to spread the word. And the Santa truck run to help out a specific family can happen too.

I really appreciate seeing info about Lindsey in McCleary and also in Olympia. I appreciate events like the upcoming vigil and everything else the volunteers do, it helps spread the word.

Sarah, I really appreciate your post. Well thought out and well said. I completely agree with you.

Sadly, the FD gave the media a different reason why they aren't doing this than they gave us. I wasn't there when the FD told MB they couldn't do anything on Saturday night but I've talked to 2 different people about it and their version is the same as MBs.
I see both sides of this.. I'm not angry that the FD won't do this, I'm angry because one, they gave us a lame excuse and two, they changed their story. I guess it's human nature to cover your a$$ and that's what they have done.
That is fine. We will move on, have our vigil for Lindsey and continue to work on bringing her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member