WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do want to know what time J got home and if he left again.

Do we know why he would be going to juvi? Do we have any reports of Child Protective Services being involved with this family?

There must have been a reason for Lindsey to be happy he was being taken away from the home. Most siblings would not want that unless their relationship was volatile (which a fight over his bike sounds like they had a bit of a rivalry there). Was this argument simply screaming at each other or did they physically get into an altercation? Was the person who sent him home concerned about the boy's temper for some reason? Does J lose control often?

I still have reservations about her brother, sorry to say.

I think my girls would be happy if their brother was leaving especially had he been aggrivating them. But when the time came for him to actually leave, then they would be upset. It would be hard to tell if it's normal sibiling rivalry or something worse without knowing more about their relationship.JMO

Okay, this link says a friend even walked part way home with Lindsey:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

Witnesses say Lindsey seemed normal as she headed out around 9:15. Another friend even walked her part of the way, but Lindsey never showed up at her home.

----------------------
This one says that Lindsey was alone for the walk (and that Lindsey wanted to stay at K's, not the other way around):
http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washi...AB-Mccleary-girl-missing-sun-SW.165195dd.html

Michaela Campen is the last person known to have seen Lindsay. The girls were at Michaela's home around 9:30 Friday night, hoping Lindsay could sleep over.

"I told her you need to head home, it's getting dark soon, a half hour of light left. She put on her shoes and headed home," said Kara Campen.

Lindsay was alone for that nearly half-mile walk.

--------------------------------------

This one sounds as if MB thought the girls were going to be walking home together (risky assumption, as it turns out). Also, what are the chances of Lindsey going missing on one of the rare occasions when she didn't have her cell with her?:
http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/06/30/local_news/doc4a4a53f8addf4694664243.txt

“She wasn’t intentionally supposed to be alone,” Melissa Baum said. “She was with a friend and was supposed to come back together. And it was a fluke because normally she would have her cell phone with her. She takes her cell phone everywhere.”

But the cell phone battery was dead and she plugged it in five minutes before leaving.

---------------------------

Not enough facts! And nothing about whether or not Josh went straight home & if he also helped MB during her foot search.

He is an RSO in our county who was picked up and booked yesterday on a Fail to register.
Ooooh...that isn't good.

I mean it is good they found him, but it isn't good he was out and about in the area without notification during the time she went missing. :(

I also have to wonder if it has anything to do with them calling off the search today. Sometimes it happens that way. LE will arrest someone for unrelated charges and stop searches since they have a POI in custody. They turn up the heat on them until they figure out new locations which are directly related to the POI.

Okay, this link says a friend even walked part way home with Lindsey:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

Witnesses say Lindsey seemed normal as she headed out around 9:15. Another friend even walked her part of the way, but Lindsey never showed up at her home.

----------------------
This one says that Lindsey was alone for the walk (and that Lindsey wanted to stay at K's, not the other way around):
http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washi...AB-Mccleary-girl-missing-sun-SW.165195dd.html

Michaela Campen is the last person known to have seen Lindsay. The girls were at Michaela's home around 9:30 Friday night, hoping Lindsay could sleep over.

"I told her you need to head home, it's getting dark soon, a half hour of light left. She put on her shoes and headed home," said Kara Campen.

Lindsay was alone for that nearly half-mile walk.

--------------------------------------

This one sounds as if MB thought the girls were going to be walking home together (risky assumption, as it turns out). Also, what are the chances of Lindsey going missing on one of the rare occasions when she didn't have her cell with her?:
http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/06/30/local_news/doc4a4a53f8addf4694664243.txt

“She wasn’t intentionally supposed to be alone,” Melissa Baum said. “She was with a friend and was supposed to come back together. And it was a fluke because normally she would have her cell phone with her. She takes her cell phone everywhere.”

But the cell phone battery was dead and she plugged it in five minutes before leaving.

---------------------------

Not enough facts! And nothing about whether or not Josh went straight home & if he also helped MB during her foot search.
Ah! That could be where I got that idea in my head. Is it bad reporting or are those quotes right and the stories keep changing?! Ugh! Nothing adds up when reporters get it wrong. We do know LE states mom passed the LDT (we don't know if it is true tho). I wish we knew if KK was asked to take one or not. I want to know if she offered or if she turned it down.

I can't help recall M going to the media blaring out her versions of the stories about Sandra Cantu and the other little girl. KK seems to have no problem trying to be at the center of this situation in the media spotlight and on various comment sections. Normally, LE would advise a key player not to put themselves and statements out there...unless they wanted to give her enough rope to hang herself or others. Does this woman not understand she is a viable suspect until she is ruled out by LE?

Ooooh...that isn't good.

I mean it is good they found him, but it isn't good he was out and about in the area without notification during the time she went missing. :(

I also have to wonder if it has anything to do with them calling off the search today. Sometimes it happens that way. LE will arrest someone for unrelated charges and stop searches since they have a POI in custody. They turn up the heat on them until they figure out new locations which are directly related to the POI.

I have a contact who can get me the most updated info on the guy (like location of where he was arrested). I know he was found in our county.. but the county is pretty good size so he might not have been anywhere in her area.

I wonder if this child did not want to go home so headed to someones house to see if she could spend the night there.

And whose the mothers boyfriend/guy friends that come around? She would have gotten in a car with one of them.

Ooooh...that isn't good.

Hi SS and Beyond Belief and All, I know this SO lives south across Hwy 8 in the area east of Sand Lake. I am now wondering where Jim Mullins lives, the property that has been searched 6 or so times?

I'm also wondering if this SO knows or is friends with any of KK or the mother's family where he would have had occasion to know or see Lindsay?

ETA: Is there a booking photo of him?

I had read somewhere else that the girlfriend's mother- KK, 'explained' the part about someone walking part way with Lindsey. That is, KK's daughter 'watched' Lindsey from outside their front door as Lindsey walked toward 3rd.

I think this is why LE has NOT confirmed it really happen, that it was reported early on in the news, but LE has never mentioned they questioned the so called friend about any conversation or anything of that nature. IF there was a friend walking w/ her part of the way, we would have heard about the location of where they parted.

thoughts?

Hi SS and All, I know this SO lives south across Hwy 8 in the area east of Sand Lake. I am now wondering where Jim Mullins lives, the property that has been searched 6 or so times?

I'm also wondering if this SO knows or is friends with any of KK or the mother's family where he would have had occasion to know or see Lindsay?

According to the county assessors web page there is a Mullen, Murial J et al at 423 S 2nd Street. But I'm not finding any houses owned by Jim or James Mullins (is that the correct spelling?)

I want to have a look at that one site, just out of curiousity that Lindsey was banned by her Mother from because of some such reason...virus infection on computer? ...something like that. I just want to know how that website set up...or if it's an application how it is set up for communication between players...if there are players. KWIM?

ETA but I can't remember the name LOL I"ll have to go find it.

i wanna say it was a site called "yoville" (recollection only..)

Hi SS and Beyond Belief and All, I know this SO lives south across Hwy 8 in the area east of Sand Lake. I am now wondering where Jim Mullins lives, the property that has been searched 6 or so times?

ETA: Is there a booking photo of him?

An old one posted further back. (ok, I just went back to the post and his picture has been removed)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA-10 y/o Lindsey Baum, missing since 6/26/09 Thread #2

Also this isn't the same one that lives on the other side of the highway. His name is Jessy Braun according to this Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA-10 y/o Lindsey Baum, missing since 6/26/09 Thread #2

Lindsey's mother passed poly and so did KK's boyfriend

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070109WAB-mccleary-KS.260ea8b9.html
snipped:

Lindsey's mom said she voluntarily took a polygraph test to assure police and people in town that she had nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance.

"I want everyone to know she's missing and I have no idea where she is," Lindsey said.

Investigators say both Lindsey's mom and the father of the friend at the home where Lindsey had just left have both voluntarily taken - and passed - polygraph tests, and they are not considered suspects.

Ah! That could be where I got that idea in my head. Is it bad reporting or are those quotes right and the stories keep changing?! Ugh! Nothing adds up when reporters get it wrong. We do know LE states mom passed the LDT (we don't know if it is true tho). I wish we knew if KK was asked to take one or not. I want to know if she offered or if she turned it down.

I can't help recall M going to the media blaring out her versions of the stories about Sandra Cantu and the other little girl. KK seems to have no problem trying to be at the center of this situation in the media spotlight and on various comment sections. Normally, LE would advise a key player not to put themselves and statements out there...unless they wanted to give her enough rope to hang herself or others. Does this woman not understand she is a viable suspect until she is ruled out by LE?

It was reported that SW volunteered for a LDT. Wouldn't that set off big, clanging alarms if KK didn't? I'd hope so. But, it is odd that articles specifically mention MB's and SW's results, and not KK's. :waitasec:

I always get uncomfortable when key players in cases like this put themselves out there too much in the media or on the net. It seems as if the sudden attention over-rules any semblance of common-sense.

I had read somewhere else that the girlfriend's mother- KK, 'explained' the part about someone walking part way with Lindsey. That is, KK's daughter 'watched' Lindsey from outside their front door as Lindsey walked toward 3rd.

I think this is why LE has NOT confirmed it really happen, that it was reported early on in the news, but LE has never mentioned they questioned the so called friend about any conversation or anything of that nature. IF there was a friend walking w/ her part of the way, we would have heard about the location of where they parted.

thoughts?

Exactly. I believe KK when she says that nobody walked with Lindsey on the way home. We would have definitely heard about the "parting" location had someone walked with her part of the way...

According to the county assessors web page there is a Mullen, Murial J et al at 423 S 2nd Street. But I'm not finding any houses owned by Jim or James Mullins (is that the correct spelling?)

Hi Jennifer, I just heard his name on that video. Sand Creek crosses his property and am sure it dumps into Sand Lake, right? I was thinking maybe neighbors noticed something odd regarding activity on his property a strange car parked there, or maybe driving by repeatedly.

O don't know where Sand Creek originates which would help. Somehow I got the impression it runs through town, but it couldn't run uphill, right? lol The land is a higher elevation at the Hwy and drops down into the town. I'll have to go look at that topo map again. xox

thoughts?

Makes sense. Thanks FifthEssence.

I couldn't figure that out either because I was trying to picture where the witness would have been to see only Lindsey walking home, and not the other little friend.

ETA: not surprised CNN has the LDT info wrong. They're always a day or two behind on the latest news/facts in missing person's cases, it seems to me.

I always get uncomfortable when key players in cases like this put themselves out there too much in the media or on the net. It seems as if the sudden attention over-rules any semblance of common-sense.

I agree 100%. But... if someone happens to be guilty, I'd much rather them open their mouth than keep it closed. Eventually, they're going to trip up.

Not saying I think she's guilty... but as i said early on, I see a bunch of disturbing similarities between the Sandra and Lindsey cases... in more ways than one!

thoughts?

FifthEssence here is an article reported by Undersheriff Scott snipped by me hope this helps:

“We have her coming back from the residence alone consistent with the friend and friend’s family,” Scott said. “We cannot put her to the main street here or to the street in front of her house. This wasn’t somebody who said she saw someone who looks like (Lindsey) or might have been; she was very confident it was Lindsey because she knew her and was on her way to work.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver