WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jennifer, I just heard his name on that video. Sand Creek crosses his property and am sure it dumps into Sand Lake, right? I was thinking maybe neighbors noticed something odd regarding activity on his property a strange car parked there, or maybe driving by repeatedly.

O don't know where Sand Creek originates which would help. Somehow I got the impression it runs through town, but it couldn't run uphill, right? lol The land is a higher elevation at the Hwy and drops down into the town. I'll have to go look at that topo map again. xox

McCleary is kind of in a small valley.. hills surround it. So I can't imagine it flowing into Sand Lake. Flowing from Sand Lake makes more sense to me.

An old one posted further back. (ok, I just went back to the post and his picture has been removed)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA-10 y/o Lindsey Baum, missing since 6/26/09 Thread #2

Also this isn't the same one that lives on the other side of the highway. His name is Jessy Braun according to this Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA-10 y/o Lindsey Baum, missing since 6/26/09 Thread #2

Thanks Jennifer, That makes sense then, that there is one registered SO and one not yet registered SO in town.

That makes SS's thoughts rise to the height of a big
eek2.gif
for me with the discovery of him, his arrest and suspension of the search on the same day :confused:

ETA: Correction thanks to Mistivon. lol One registered SO in town and an unregistered one living not far away - 40 miles or so, is that right? I still wonder if he knew any of our players in the case? Maybe the bodybuilder guys?

Lindsey's mother passed poly and so did KK's boyfriend

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070109WAB-mccleary-KS.260ea8b9.html
snipped:

Lindsey's mom said she voluntarily took a polygraph test to assure police and people in town that she had nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance.

"I want everyone to know she's missing and I have no idea where she is," Lindsey said.

Investigators say both Lindsey's mom and the father of the friend at the home where Lindsey had just left have both voluntarily taken - and passed - polygraph tests, and they are not considered suspects.
Yes, I read that same article...but it doesn't mean LE always tells the truth to the media either. ;) I am hoping it is factual information tho. It is glaring to the fact there is no mention of the "friend" taking a polygraph and passing...imo.

Thanks Jennifer, That makes sense then, that there is one registered SO and one not yet registered SO in town.

That makes SS's thoughts rise to the height of a big
eek2.gif
for me with the discovery of him, his arrest and suspension of the search on the same day :confused:
Yepper. Even if he was picked up in the same county 40 miles away...I still consider it as him being in the "area" at the time she went missing. I actually would not expect them to have found him in McLeary. He would want to be as far away as possible with his record.

I am placing this guy high at the top of the list of possible suspects.

Questions:
Was she carrying any money? Do they have an account at the video store?

I found two Erics on myspace in Mccleary...neither are active, just created and quit, and I don't move around facebook, so don't know if they would be on there.
One is 19, seems he is a showoff.
The other is 35.......calls himself a marriage/love/relationship counselor, really strange profile. Just hit me funny in light of this case, prob harmless

Hi SS and Beyond Belief and All, I know this SO lives south across Hwy 8 in the area east of Sand Lake. I am now wondering where Jim Mullins lives, the property that has been searched 6 or so times?

I'm also wondering if this SO knows or is friends with any of KK or the mother's family where he would have had occasion to know or see Lindsay?

ETA: Is there a booking photo of him?

Map of Sand Creeks route through McCleary (or at least I believe that is it, I can't find it labeled anywhere. Sand Creek might just be what the locals call it)

Image2-2.jpg

Ack! I must have missed that the search was suspended!

That can't be good...
can it?

I mean, if simply moving beyond the city, wouldn't have been "expanded" and not "suspended?"

The owner of the video store, Linda, has spoken to the FBI, and will not be back in the store until Monday.
It is speculated by the person I spoke with that Lindsey rented movies on her mother's account, but SPECULATED. The only person who knows for sure is Linda, and of course the FBI, but obviously they are looking into it

ETA: IIRC it is sand creek on google earth, sand creek road runs right next to it.
Will look again

OK...so where is the video store? This could change the whole scenario and the people she came into contact with that night.

From what I read Lindsey and a group of her friends rented movies earlier that night, I think it was around 8 pm, this was before her last seen time.

Mapwrso.jpg

Notice Sand Creek Pond in relation to known RSO. We know from Nevaeh's case that these RSO's meet one another through support groups or at the PO so it's possible that the guy arrested was maybe visiting the RSO Jessy Braun on Heslep Lane.

Has anyone looked at the RSO's in the town called Elma?

Lindsey attended school there until this year. Her Mother's long time friend of 30 yrs lives in that town and IIRC moved back to WA at the coaxing of her long time friend.

I'm just trying to think outside of the box if we are going to look at RSO's, we can look at all that may have seen Lindsey at one time or another.

Sorry gotta go again LOL...getting errands ran here and there for our big move :D

Ack! I must have missed that the search was suspended!

That can't be good...
can it?

I mean, if simply moving beyond the city, wouldn't have been "expanded" and not "suspended?"

Hi A_Closer_Look, ITA, in fact how often do we see a search suspended when the child has been gone going on 6 days?

Add to that the fact those forested areas that surround McCleary are full of logging roads. I have been in areas like that and one can literally get lost on those roads real quick. I know they are that way out of Montesano too as I think that is where the Jane Doe was found and case never solved.

LE has taken a swift turn. Yesterday they were starting to search those roads. Today they search no where. It has an ominous feeling to me. They have learned something that makes the pieces fit together I am afraid. IMO

Didn't even think of this angle. Makes sense because L's mom wouldn't know that K had been told no until L got home.. and since that didn't happen Mom didn't know.

It also makes sense why she didn't really start to worry until 10 pm. She probably figured the girls were still at K's house or maybe messing around in town together before coming back to the house.
I think I read somewhere that she had a curfew of 9:30 or 10 pm (which IMO is to late for a 10 year old)

As a mother of a 10 year old I just don't understand allowing a 10 year old to wander around alone. Mine is not even allowed on the front lawn without an adult being with her. No, I don't live in a small town but sometimes I wonder if kidnappers are not attracted to small towns where children wander around freely and there are less people out and about. At 10 kids are still so young. Then again, when I was 10 I did go out alone so maybe I'm just paranoid....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver