WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just wondering....How do you find out this stuff??? lol....
I must have missed something....
Is it something Kara wrote??

It's been in the papers or on the news sites.

Okay, I have been following this case but am having a brain fart. Kara was the girl who Lindsey was suppose to stay with her mother is the one all over the internet and practically digging herself a hole, correct? and her name is ???????? ??? Can someone fill in the blank or give me an article that lists her name. I wanna see if I can track down a birthdate for her for the astro's.

Okay, I have been following this case but am having a brain fart. Kara was the girl who Lindsey was suppose to stay with her mother is the one all over the internet and practically digging herself a hole, correct? and her name is ???????? ??? Can someone fill in the blank or give me an article that lists her name. I wanna see if I can track down a birthdate for her for the astro's.

Kara=KK= K's mom
K=Kayla =Lindseys friend

Hey guys...
Does anyone know if MLachester has been reported? I mean the things she wrote...since it is pretty disturbing...
Also, did anyone report the town "drunk" that was spitting out stuff earlier???
I mean he named some names and stuff....
Also has anyone checked out facebook for some of these people's pages? I'm like obsessed w/ facebook lol....so i can look around if it hasn't been done already?

There are only 2 theories that make sense to me in my mind.

The first is one I’ve posted before. Lindsay wanted to spend the night somewhere, anywhere, since she got turned down at KK’s. So she decides to go to a different friend’s house to ask if she could spend the night, if the friend can spend the night at HER house, or maybe even just to hang out before her 10pm curfew. So she knocks on the door, and a relative (older brother, father, uncle, etc) of the friend answers. He/she is home alone. The rest of the family is out of town, or will be gone for a few hours. The relative is home alone, so he tells Lindsay that the friend will be back in a few minutes, and to come on inside. Or, he tells Lindsay that he is just on his way to pick up the friend from wherever she is at, and would Lindsay like to come along? Then he drives off to do what he intends, since this will give him even more time away from his house and from worrying that the rest of the family will be coming home. This could explain why her scent was not found on the route she should have taken if she had gone straight home from KK, and why she was not captured on surveillance. Also, why they’ve searched all over McCleary and haven’t found a trace of her. The perp may have driven an hour away to avoid suspicion.

The second is scarier because it could happen to anyone at anytime. A SO (not necessarily a registered one) is visiting a friend or neighbor in McCleary. About 9pm, he decides it’s time to start heading home. As he’s leaving, or while he’s at Shell pumping gas, he notices Lindsay walking alone. If he’s a frequent visitor to the town, he’s noticed her before, or even talked to her. Especially if he’s fairly young, attractive and charming. Also, because I don’t think Lindsay would willingly get in a car with an old, ugly man she didn’t know. But if she’s seen or talked to someone like I described, she might not see the danger in him “giving her a ride the rest of the way home” or whatever lie he told her to get her to go in the car. I don’t think she was forced into a car, someone would have heard something. Again, this may also explain the lack of a scent and no one hearing a scream.

What do you guys think? Now the hard part is figuring out who the perp is! But to me, these are the only things that would explain lack of a scent, no one hearing anything suspicious, etc.

Okay so its K Kamplen? Is the mother of Kayla the one Lindsey was suppose to stay with.. So who is Michelle?

There are only 2 theories that make sense to me in my mind.

The first is one I’ve posted before. Lindsay wanted to spend the night somewhere, anywhere, since she got turned down at KK’s. So she decides to go to a different friend’s house to ask if she could spend the night, if the friend can spend the night at HER house, or maybe even just to hang out before her 10pm curfew. So she knocks on the door, and a relative (older brother, father, uncle, etc) of the friend answers. He/she is home alone. The rest of the family is out of town, or will be gone for a few hours. The relative is home alone, so he tells Lindsay that the friend will be back in a few minutes, and to come on inside. Or, he tells Lindsay that he is just on his way to pick up the friend from wherever she is at, and would Lindsay like to come along? Then he drives off to do what he intends, since this will give him even more time away from his house and from worrying that the rest of the family will be coming home. This could explain why her scent was not found on the route she should have taken if she had gone straight home from KK, and why she was not captured on surveillance. Also, why they’ve searched all over McCleary and haven’t found a trace of her. The perp may have driven an hour away to avoid suspicion.

The second is scarier because it could happen to anyone at anytime. A SO (not necessarily a registered one) is visiting a friend or neighbor in McCleary. About 9pm, he decides it’s time to start heading home. As he’s leaving, or while he’s at Shell pumping gas, he notices Lindsay walking alone. If he’s a frequent visitor to the town, he’s noticed her before, or even talked to her. Especially if he’s fairly young, attractive and charming. Also, because I don’t think Lindsay would willingly get in a car with an old, ugly man she didn’t know. But if she’s seen or talked to someone like I described, she might not see the danger in him “giving her a ride the rest of the way home” or whatever lie he told her to get her to go in the car. I don’t think she was forced into a car, someone would have heard something. Again, this may also explain the lack of a scent and no one hearing a scream.

What do you guys think? Now the hard part is figuring out who the perp is! But to me, these are the only things that would explain lack of a scent, no one hearing anything suspicious, etc.

Those both sound like theories that could have happened...
:(
This whole thing is so sad and scary....
Where are you Lindsey?? You need to come home baby girl.....

The only things I can find on K Kamplen is related to her statements pertaining to this case, and that she was an editor for a Muscle Magazine. But will keep looking.

Just wondering....How do you find out this stuff??? lol....
I must have missed something....
Is it something Kara wrote??

Nope :) I had consolidated it into a post back in this thread.

WA-10 y/o Lindsey Baum, missing since 6/26/09 Thread #2 - Page 14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I just pulled facts that were reported from articles. The links to the articles are in my original post.

~~~~~~

To the new members: No need to apologize, I was just looking out for you all. Because this site is very heavily monitered (which is why I chose to join here instead of another site :)) and has clearly outlined TOS. :wink: Glad you all joined!

There was an attempted abduction of a 12 year old, May 5,2009, in Oak Harbor, WA. She was out jogging with her older sister. The older sister ran in front of her and got far enough ahead that she didn't see or hear the attempted abduction. The creep was described an adult black male driving a silver car. Oak Harbor is a small town (not as small as Mc Cleary) but I walk the route they were jogging on and it is right downtown.

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/whidbey/wnt/news/44487062.html

The police have not located him at all...

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/whidbey/wnt/news/45442782.html

I doubt it has anything to do with Lindsey, but it just shows how a can snatch a child and there be no witnesses.:furious:

Do you mean Michaela? That is K's real name. K must be her nickname.

And the spelling of the last name is Campen.

Hey guys...
Does anyone know if MLachester has been reported? I mean the things she wrote...since it is pretty disturbing...
Also has anyone checked out facebook for some of these people's pages? I'm like obsessed w/ facebook lol....so i can look around if it hasn't been done already?

I thought about it but figured they would have to know about that!

Hey guys...

Jvk called LE about the drunk and what he was saying.

~~~~~~

To the new members: No need to apologize, I was just looking out for you all. Because this site is very heavily monitered (which is why I chose to join here instead of another site :)) and has clearly outlined TOS. :wink: Glad you all joined!

Thank you for the welcome. :)
I just noticed your tag line...

I'm a Veterans wife and an Army mom (my son is currently in Iraq)

Oh...All the articles I've read have it as Campen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver