WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<respectfully snipped>

To the new members: No need to apologize, I was just looking out for you all. Because this site is very heavily monitered (which is why I chose to join here instead of another site :)) and has clearly outlined TOS. :wink: Glad you all joined!

You're cracking me up. Just how do YOU know what a TO is like, hmmmm? :crazy:

Great advice for the new members, Kat.

It's definately Kampen

There are news stories with the name spelled both ways. Does anyone have a definitive source for the correct spelling, so we can put this to rest? (You'd think news reporters might, oh, bother to find out how a name is spelled, at the very least.)

Myspace has her, her daughter, her relatives as Kampen.

Yeah, like Kat's been TO'd! :rolleyes:

There are problems for everyone on a thread, though, when there are violations. Posts get deleted and sometimes the thread is even closed down for a time to clean it up. You can lose some of your best information.

"I doubt it has anything to do with Lindsey, but it just shows how a can snatch a child and there be no witnesses."

I totally agree. 2 years ago, a friend of my family was murdered while jogging a fairly popular forest preserve very close to my house. There were other people jogging at the time. She was I believe, 37, or 38 when this happened. She disappeared the same day as Stacy Peterson, and 45 minutes from where Stacy's from, but she got absolutely no media attention. The dragged her deep into the woods, strangled her, and dumped her in a swamp. My father was with the group of volunteer searchers who found her. To this day, there's been no news about who could have done this to her. She had to have screamed and tried to fight him off, and there were other people jogging that day, and this happened in the afternoon - not at night. No witnesses. So it can happen. As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to start a cold case thread for her. Her name was Alma Mendez. It frightens me that her murderer was never caught, especially since I live very near to where she was jogging. All of this stuff frightens me.

Bolded by me..

With so MANY stranger kidnappings, it is such a shame that we only hear of a select few of them.

Why is the media not talking about ALL of these stranger kidnappings?

Why are these stranger kidnappings not deemed newsworthy?

What are the outcomes of all these stranger kidnappings?

We don't hear about them because they quickly become murder cases. Most children taken by strangers are taken for sexual perposes, and they are dead with in 2 hours, typically. The most dangerous thing to be right now is a white female living in a middle class suburb between the ages of 10-14.
Most stranger abductions happen within a half mile of the childs home.
All of this is from the NCMEC, no link because I have it memorized.(Thus my sig line.)

New Map. Difference being the starting point.

If anyone needs clarification let me know.

I believe this is more accurate.

newmap04.png

Note: 8th & 9th do NOT run through to Maple.

Note: The first cross/intersection is 7th.

Playing catch up but... this is exactly how the address pulled up for me on google maps the other night... way off toward the end of the road. I'm still amazed they they said "4 blocks" ... this is A LOT further than 4 blocks...

I found two Erics on myspace in Mccleary...neither are active, just created and quit, and I don't move around facebook, so don't know if they would be on there.
One is 19, seems he is a showoff.
The other is 35.......calls himself a marriage/love/relationship counselor, really strange profile. Just hit me funny in light of this case, prob harmless

THere's a third, he's 23 and I am still waiting to see if I can post it. It's private, but it would give us a pic to work with.

Playing catch up but... this is exactly how the address pulled up for me on google maps the other night... way off toward the end of the road. I'm still amazed they they said "4 blocks" ... this is A LOT further than 4 blocks...

Totally agree. This isn't 4 or 6 blocks. This is more like 8 or more. The distance according to bing is .6mi (#1 to #4)

Yes, I saw him and disregarded...there's also a fourth :)

There was an attempted abduction of a 12 year old, May 5,2009, in Oak Harbor, WA. She was out jogging with her older sister. The older sister ran in front of her and got far enough ahead that she didn't see or hear the attempted abduction. The creep was described an adult black male driving a silver car. Oak Harbor is a small town (not as small as Mc Cleary) but I walk the route they were jogging on and it is right downtown.

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/whidbey/wnt/news/44487062.html

The police have not located him at all...

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/whidbey/wnt/news/45442782.html

I doubt it has anything to do with Lindsey, but it just shows how a can snatch a child and there be no witnesses.:furious:

With all the talk of white cars....white and silver are pretty close. I hope it leads somewhere, and then again, I hope it means nothing.

I wonder if they are comparing the distance with city blocks? I know Montesanos "blocks" are longer than McClearys "blocks". We can have up to ten houses with good side yards per "block" but in McCleary they are a lot smaller (sometimes 3 or 4 houses with good sized yards)

Yeah, like Kat's been TO'd! :rolleyes:

There are problems for everyone on a thread, though, when there are violations. Posts get deleted and sometimes the thread is even closed down for a time to clean it up. You can lose some of your best information.

Yes, I pity the poor Mods when that happens.

I'm going through some other articles gathering some more names:

• Mom J. Estes lives near the Baums. She also has a daughter called Michaela.
  • B. Spaulding, Lindsey's Girl Scout Troop Leader from Elma
  • Kaylee B. - 12 y/o freind of Lindsey's from Elma. Friends from school & Girl Scouts
  • W. Watne - minister of Evergreen Christian Community in Olympia. Prayer leader at the vigil in McCleary
  • K. (19) & J. (10) Ostenson - organizers of Elma vigil. They do not know the Baums.
I'm getting confused as there are so many versions of 'K' names and several Michaela's.

Can the Myspaces you guys are finding for Eric be sent ? My computer is lagging and I'm having a hard time searching myspace.

I wonder if they are comparing the distance with city blocks? I know Montesanos "blocks" are longer than McClearys "blocks". We can have up to ten houses with good side yards per "block" but in McCleary they are a lot smaller (sometimes 3 or 4 houses with good sized yards)

I agree. They might not consider all intersections as block markers. I know I've lived places where there were some roads we considered more "major" than others, even if it wouldn't have been obvious to a stranger. We would just take it for granted that only the intersections of those roads were blocks.

Also, note that the K house (#647) is not between 6th and 7th, so "block" isn't being used there in the way we might expect.

LOL....One word....Marla? LMAO

ETA: I adore Marla's posts, she's just outspoken enough to get a TO quite often :D

"I doubt it has anything to do with Lindsey, but it just shows how a can snatch a child and there be no witnesses."

I totally agree. 2 years ago, a friend of my family was murdered while jogging. There were other people jogging at the time. She was I believe, 37, or 38 when this happened. She disappeared the same day as Stacy Peterson, and 45 minutes from where Stacy's from, but she got absolutely no media attention. The dragged her deep into the woods, strangled her, and dumped her in a swamp. My father was with the group of volunteer searchers who found her. To this day, there's been no news about who could have done this to her. She had to have screamed and tried to fight him off, and there were other people jogging that day, and this happened in the afternoon - not at night. No witnesses. So it can happen. As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to start a cold case thread for her. Her name was Alma Mendez. It frightens me that her murderer was never caught, All of this stuff frightens me.

So sorry for your loss.

You might want to read the thread on Alma here and maybe bump it up for further discussion as you may have more details to add:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55497&highlight=Alma+Mendez

Tater, if you think there are too many K's, then the M's would cause you a breakdown, Lord knows it almost caused me one.

I am somewhat local (Seattle/Bellvue area).

Been following all of the threads. Just came across the following article

Man arrested for trying to buy sex from 11-year-old girl
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49709367.html

"Officers arrested a 49-year-old Bremerton man Wednesday after he allegedly tried to pay a woman to provide a girl for sex, police said.

Detectives launched an investigation in June after the woman came forward and told police that the suspect wanted her to find a 10- to 14-year-old girl to have sex with."

Bremerton is about 55 miles from McCleary.

Can the Myspaces you guys are finding for Eric be sent? My computer is lagging and I'm having a hard time searching myspace.

Sorry - all these dang rules to remember! That's another one. Asking for a PM or saying, "Hey, PM sent," is also against the rules.

I edited your quoted post above as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela