Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
COLOR][/COLOR]
Welcome to WS~ No, I haven't seen that theory mentioned, but it is possible. I do know older girls try to pull that one off at times. (I used to make certain I talked to the parents and checked up on my kiddos because of that!) Our parents always did too, except when we spent the night at each other's houses - I think they figured that we were right next door and could run over if anything seemed suspicious. If it was any one else's house (and there were only about 3 people whose houses I was allowed to spend the night at lol - I still get teased that I had the world's strictest parents. I used to hate it, but now I'm so thankful that my parents just wanted to keep us safe.

However, in this case...after Lindsey didn't return, didn't her mother call the other mother then take their car to look for her since she didn't have one? Wouldn't this mean she expected Lindsey to come home? Yea the thing that stands out the most to me about this case is that the mother's story and KK's DO NOT MATCH UP. It's still not clear who was trying to spend the night at who's. You're right - if Lindsay was supposed to be trying to spend the night at KK's, why would Lindsay's mother call KK panicked because Lindsay wasn't home? I could understand calling to make sure Lindsay made it home alright, but that doesn't seem to be the purpose of the call.
Wait...didn't KK mention she could have gone to another friend's house on the way home? In that case, the scenario could fit...but LE would have already been all over that house and the people living there. It doesn't mean she couldn't have taken a detour completely and backtracked across town tho. Hmmmmm....
It might be a different friend than the one KK is thinking of. Lindsay could have been on her way home, but really not wanting to. She might have thought, "well maybe i'll try so and so's house and sleep there. Her mom always lets me! [/

It could be that Lindsey's mom believed Kayla and Lindsey would be returning together.

Didn't even think of this angle. Makes sense because L's mom wouldn't know that K had been told no until L got home.. and since that didn't happen Mom didn't know.

It also makes sense why she didn't really start to worry until 10 pm. She probably figured the girls were still at K's house or maybe messing around in town together before coming back to the house.
I think I read somewhere that she had a curfew of 9:30 or 10 pm (which IMO is to late for a 10 year old)

Thanks.

If it is true that J was sent to walk with Lindsey so she wouldn't walk alone, then we have a real gap in what coulda/shoulda happened when he showed up at home without Lindsey. In the best of circumstances, he should have been told to stop fighting and sent back out after her, or at very least, either he or Mom should have called K's to see if the girls were walking together? KWIM?

Just a small note for reference, but depending on the cell phone, not all can be used while charging. Many older cells and lower-end versions can't be used while charging. Some power down the minute the charger is connected.

ETA: dang, too slow again, but at least I think like SS. :wink:

Does anyone know if J went straight home? Maybe he was out running around too? Mom wouldn't have known he wasn't with L until he got home.

I've never had a cell phone that couldn't be used while charging but that doesn't mean it's not possible. Never even thought about that. Thanks.

Thanks.

If it is true that J was sent to walk with Lindsey so she wouldn't walk alone, then we have a real gap in what coulda/shoulda happened when he showed up at home without Lindsey. In the best of circumstances, he should have been told to stop fighting and sent back out after her, or at very least, either he or Mom should have called K's to see if the girls were walking together? KWIM?
:

This is another piece to the puzzle that is really bugging me. If I sent my son to walk my daughter to her friend's house and he came back 5 minutes later, I'd either send him back with an order to stop fighting, or I'd call KK and ask her to have Lindsay call me as soon as she got their house. Also, didn't Lindsay's mom say that Kayla and Lindsay were walking together to KK's house? So Lindsay, Kayla, AND Josh were walking together? Why didn't the neighbor who stopped the bike mention Kayla? This part is so confusing. ALSO, it says they were arguing about a bike. So who won? Josh? Did he come home with the bike?

I think I read somewhere that she had a curfew of 9:30 or 10 pm (which IMO is to late for a 10 year old)

I agree. I got married last year at 22, and up til the day of my wedding, my curfew was 10pm on weeknights, 11pm if I was with my fiancee, and 12am on the weekends if I wasn't with my fiancee or a "boy". LOL I swear I had the world's strictest parents. When I was 10, I had to be where my mom could see me, and I had to be inside by 9, unless my parents were outside too.

Does anyone know if J went straight home? Maybe he was out running around too? Mom wouldn't have known he wasn't with L until he got home.

I've never had a cell phone that couldn't be used while charging but that doesn't mean it's not possible. Never even thought about that. Thanks.

I thought I read something about him going fishing? I could be totally way off.

Thanks.

Just a small note for reference, but depending on the cell phone, not all can be used while charging. Many older cells and lower-end versions can't be used while charging. Some power down the minute the charger is connected.

ETA: dang, too slow again, but at least I think like SS. :wink:
We are on the same page much of the time, PotatoHead. :) Not sure if it is a good thing or not tho. Hahahaha~ People usually don't want to think like I do. :waitasec:

I didn't read that anywhere. I can't imagine him fishing at that time of night though.

I do want to know what time J got home and if he left again.

Do we know why he would be going to juvi? Do we have any reports of Child Protective Services being involved with this family?

There must have been a reason for Lindsey to be happy he was being taken away from the home. Most siblings would not want that unless their relationship was volatile (which a fight over his bike sounds like they had a bit of a rivalry there). Was this argument simply screaming at each other or did they physically get into an altercation? Was the person who sent him home concerned about the boy's temper for some reason? Does J lose control often?

I still have reservations about her brother, sorry to say.

So I just found Kara my space and found another myspace for Lindsey that is not set to private..you can look at everything! Last log in shows 7/1/2009.
Dont know if I can post it...Kara sight that is and it hasnt been logged since 4/ 20/2009.

Thanks for that video Angel Who Cares, I think they gave us a good persective of Jim's property with the big field, and it probably drops down to the creek back by those trees. He evidently has an acreage which is more involved to search. Jim seems a dear old gent so I doubt it is because of him they are there. Except maybe that the neighborhood kids like him and he lets them play in his fields.

If she is gone I bet she'll eventually be found off one of those logging roads in the woods that surround McCleary.

At the end of your video I was glad to see the station post these statistics to remind us how RARE stranger abductions are:

MISSING CHILDREN

797,500 - REPORTED EVERY YEAR

262,100 - FAMILY AND NON-FAMILY {friends}

115,000 - STRANGER KIDNAPPINGS

That is only 14.42% of all children abducted or 14 for every 100 taken.

So the law of averages says she was either taken by family or friend {32,8 % +} or other, like running away {52.8 % +} of her own volition. That is hard to do and not be seen somewhere within 5 days! IMO

Bolded by me..

With so MANY stranger kidnappings, it is such a shame that we only hear of a select few of them.

Why is the media not talking about ALL of these stranger kidnappings?

Why are these stranger kidnappings not deemed newsworthy?

What are the outcomes of all these stranger kidnappings?

I believe it was mentioned there was a boy in a video with a fishing pole and people were wondering if it was him. So you could be half right...but it wasn't taken that night, IIRC.

It would point to him having certain places to fish and knowing the area well around the water tho. ;)

So I just found Kara my space and found another myspace for Lindsey that is not set to private..you can look at everything! Last log in shows 7/1/2009.
Dont know if I can post it...Kara sight that is and it hasnt been logged since 4/ 20/2009.

How do you know it's Lindseys?

Sorry not Lindseys account I repeat not Lindsey sorry for that...

ludington, i'm sure you know by now, rape of a child in the 3rd degree

news story from today:

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-070109-missinggirl,0,12523.story

I thought this was interesting:

"It suggests that she's been removed from this immediate environment," Scott said. "But we don't have the evidence to support that theory, so we have to continue to be as comprehensive as we were from day one."
It is just LE speak for, "We have looked everywhere and haven't found a single clue to go on yet.". She simply vanished without a trace and could be anywhere by now, but without proof...they can't say that as a certainty. In stranger abductions, unfortunately, there will be little evidence left behind in a snatch and go scenario unless someone sees it or can place the perp in the area at the time.

I will have as much updated info as possible on Ludington after 2pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18