WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...but did they pick up her scent between 5th and 6th on maple where she was supposed to be confirmed to be seen....it's my understanding they did not pick up a scent at all....how is that possible...

good point and very strange, since we know of now two witnesses who saw her on Maple around 9:15 pm. which agrees with SWs statement.

It sure doesn't make any sense since she walked down that street to get to her friends house also, I would imagine, since she was coming from home to K's house, and then back again.

:confused:

...but did they pick up her scent between 5th and 6th on maple where she was supposed to be confirmed to be seen....it's my understanding they did not pick up a scent at all....how is that possible...

I can't find a difinite answer to that question.
but I did find this

“I don’t know anything more than I knew Saturday afternoon,” he said, “but I’m not willing to admit that I know anything less.”

Scott said bloodhounds traced the route Lindsey took early on from the friend’s house to her own home, but didn’t find any scent. And in places where Lindsey once played — parks and by the creek — Lindsey’s scent has been vanishing.

The loss of scent could be a combination of factors — the heat on the sidewalk could have dissipated it for instance, he said.

http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

It sounds like to me they didn't find the scent from the friends house towards home. But I'm curious how does the dog know if the scent is from her coming or going? Regardless of which direction she was traveling I would think the dogs would have picked up a scent and followed it home, to the video store and whereever else she had been that day.

Can anyone tell me how long do they have before the scent is gone? Obviously weather and other factors need to be taken into account. But if she went missing Friday night and they didn't get dogs out there until Saturday sometime.. would her scent (to or from) Ks house be gone already?

Wow - been catching up on the info here and this thread is packed full of info. thanks.

Lindsey was in a pool all day swimming - does anyone know if chlorine and other pool chemicals mask a person's scent? TIA

ALSO - have any of the locals been by Lindsey's home? Is her block all homes or some empty lots and woods? TIA
What pool? When and where?! First I have heard about a pool! (Add more potential suspects to the pot.)

I doubt it would have any affect after she was dry.

I am still trying to find the link that described the first eyewitness as a worker of a county (county worker). I swear I read it, I just can't find it. grr.

I'm sure this wasn't your original source, but it does confirm what you read earlier:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0907/01/ng.01.html

GRACE: Are they absolutely certainly -- back out to Steve Friederich with "The Daily World" joining us from Aberdeen. Are they absolutely certain about the date and the time the neighbor that spotted her, about the date and the time she spotted the little girl?

FRIEDERICH: You know, I asked about that. And the sheriff seems to say yes. I mean, the neighbor knew the child and the neighbor knew the brother. That the neighbor had actually stopped a fight between the two of them, like, shortly beforehand. And the neighbor was on the way to work. She`s a public employee, works for a nearby county.

ITA tuber, lol She is a
12.gif

To have the thought for her fellow posters and take the time to do that, it's just nifty neato!

Thank You all for your sweet comments to me! :blowkiss:
You have all now made me a :blushing: :angel:!!!

:angel:

I can't find a difinite answer to that question.
but I did find this

“I don’t know anything more than I knew Saturday afternoon,” he said, “but I’m not willing to admit that I know anything less.”

Scott said bloodhounds traced the route Lindsey took early on from the friend’s house to her own home, but didn’t find any scent. And in places where Lindsey once played — parks and by the creek — Lindsey’s scent has been vanishing.

The loss of scent could be a combination of factors — the heat on the sidewalk could have dissipated it for instance, he said.

http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

It sounds like to me they didn't find the scent from the friends house towards home. But I'm curious how does the dog know if the scent is from her coming or going? Regardless of which direction she was traveling I would think the dogs would have picked up a scent and followed it home, to the video store and whereever else she had been that day.

Can anyone tell me how long do they have before the scent is gone? Obviously weather and other factors need to be taken into account. But if she went missing Friday night and they didn't get dogs out there until Saturday sometime.. would her scent (to or from) Ks house be gone already?
It varies, but can last up to a month in the right conditions (I heard FBI Mike say this on HLN just yesterday).

The dogs are only as good as their trainer. The problem could be the dogs and not the scent. A dog will find the last, stronger scent which would be leading away from the friend's house. (Pssst...hey Scott...there are no sidewalks.)

What pool? When and where?! First I have heard about a pool! (Add more potential suspects to the pot.)

I doubt it would have any affect after she was dry.

I started a small time-line on the 1st thread and can't get to it. Anybody know how I can get to thread 1? TIA

The information that Lindsey was swimming came out early, one of the first few days. Said she was swimming with her friends, no time span was included, but it was during the day she went missing. Don't know where the girls were at...I think there were several friends. They went to the video store, she went home, and walked to her friend's home to see if she could stay the night. The info about the pool was out very early on and not discussed much.

I don't post on WS very often, but I read here every single day. Like a bad train wreck, I can't help it. It makes me physically ill to see all of these children missing.

I don't know if you all have read this on a blog belonging to WK. It is a little alarming but may be nothing. I hope not. This is a cached blog. Start at the bottom first, please:

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache...es+kampen+washington&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I believe this blog was live not too long ago when I first read it. Do you think KK and family are reading this forum and that is why it's been shut down?

I agree :(
She doesn't seem to be making the best decisions.
Everyone is looking at her daughter's myspace page. It's like it's saying "Look at me!! And everything about me!!
The LEAST she could do is make her 10 YEAR OLD LITTLE GIRL'S myspace page PRIVATE!! So all the pervs can't see it!!!!! :(
Geez!!!!!
Scuse me, I must rant. It is a legitimate rant, I swear.

Okay, we have KK, Kara's mom, all over the web, promoting herself and Lindsey's mom as being such good parents.
Yet, her own very young daughter's Myspace is still totally public, and she knows how much attention it is garnering.

I agree :(
She doesn't seem to be making the best decisions.
Everyone is looking at her daughter's myspace page. It's like it's saying "Look at me!! And everything about me!!
The LEAST she could do is make her 10 YEAR OLD LITTLE GIRL'S myspace page PRIVATE!! So all the pervs can't see it!!!!! :(
Geez!!!!!

Wonder if the FBI, computer forensics, etc have asked mom to keep it up...for the very reason that was mentioned - to attract pedophiles.

The position of the cameras explain why she wasn't caught on tape, imo.

Since I live in Oregon, and we aren't allowed to pump our own gas, yay, there is always an attendent there when the gas station is open. I don't know about Washington State though, and I don't know how much access a person inside the little store area would be able to see down Maple Street. I have read that it is open 24/7 though. With such little traffic, or movement of any kind on those pics that were posted, I can't imagine anyone working at the Shell store not noticing anything.
moo
OT
OMG I would move there just to not have to pump gas except I cannot stand the cold!! Guess I'll have to stick with triple digit heat and pump my own gas!
I never knew there were areas where people are not aloud to pump gas. that is very odd.....

OMG do you think so??? I could NEVER bait my child like that though. :(
Wonder if the FBI, computer forensics, etc have asked mom to keep it up...for the very reason that was mentioned - to attract pedophiles.

OMG do you think so??? I could NEVER bait my child like that though. :(

I'm certain they wouldn't bait the child...but the perp? I honestly can't think of any other reason it would still be up and running. mho

I think the Shell is open 24 hours. Someone below mentioned working for the county.. maybe a corrections officer for the county jail? Other than that I can't think of a county job that requires them to be at work at that time of night.

Hi, Is that in Montesano? There is a state correctional facility in Shelton too, isn't there? All these little towns are relatively close together, 15 to 20 miles apart or less as I remember. There could be people that come from those other towns say to go to her church for instance. It could be allot of the people living in these towns know each other.

I wanted to ask why she would have two myspace accounts, one private and the other not?

I don't post on WS very often, but I read here every single day. Like a bad train wreck, I can't help it. It makes me physically ill to see all of these children missing.

I don't know if you all have read this on a blog belonging to WK. It is a little alarming but may be nothing. I hope not. This is a cached blog. Start at the bottom first, please:

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache...es+kampen+washington&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Wow. A little alarming is an understatement. This guy sounds like he has some deep issues and admits to having a sordid history. Time to find out what kind of history. It is also frightening to note he had custody of his son during that time from the age of 2 yo, but he was about 14 yo then.

Why would a person leave those things on a blog when he could simply delete them? He goes into great detail about his inability to control himself time after time. Very frightening indeed.

There is no indication he is an SO at all. (Altho I didn't like the "candy mouth" photo he had on his myspace page and a friend's comment with a panel van with the painted words Free Candy on the side.)

We are trying to decifer if it could have been him at the house, but nothing so far indicates he was there.

I agree that I feel she is hiding something or protecting someone. Her husband/bf/whatever SW took a LDT and LE said they were "comfortable" with his results. The same article mentioned Lindsey's mom taking one, too. Both at their request and not LE's. No mention KK offered to take one or refused to take one which to me was a glaring omission in the article.

L's brother is the same age as Kayla's brother, yes?
I wonder if J and K are friends and that was the real reason J was walking with L?
However, L says on her myspace that Kylar is her friend as well as his sister.
just throwing thoughts out there.
:)
ETA; L's mom says that L has long fingernails and uses them, as her brother can testify to.
Apparently some of their sqaubbles, got physical. moo
L's mom also makes the comment that L is 10 going on 16.
I'm not sure how to interpret that. :(

Hi boondock. :)

I'm not sure, but it's a possibility. So you have read the blog before? I
wasn't sure if it had been posted already, so I apologize to all if it has.

I believe this blog was live not too long ago when I first read it. Do you think KK and family are reading this forum and that is why it's been shut down?

It's still on his page. His page is exactly how it was the first time I looked at yesterday.

I'm putting all snark and conjecture aside. What was the last solid fact that we learned? I can't go forward anymore with what little I have, so now, I am going backward.

SCANDI - you gave me some great information about tracking dogs the other night...do you know if chlorine and other pool chemicals alter/mask the scent of a child/person? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl