WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CajunGirl, Same to you. :)
I'm actually in the process of cooking for our annual 4th of July celebration. My in laws host a HUGE party for their friends, families and employees. Some how I got elected to cook 50% of the food. I'm so sick of making salads. LOL

boondock-No, I have no idea. Sorry.

Hello all.

I'm new to this. Just found this forum when trying to validate (or invalidate) the "message" I got about LB. If I break etiquette, please let me know.

Occasionally, I get information or messages from a place I cannot really describe. Sometimes these things turn out to be uncannily accurate. When I hear of a missing person, I stop to gather impressions about the case. I do this before clicking on links to news stories or missing person pages. I try to go with just a name and photo. This is what I did when I saw that LB was missing. A lot of what I got seems to fit with what the profilers have since said, so I thought I'd share it, just in case.

I sent this to the police, but they haven't responded. I know they usually people like me to be "kooks". That's OK, I'm sure they are busy following up on tangible tips.
Keep in mind, this is not meant to be taken as fact, just an "impression":

She was walking alone when a car approached. It seems like an older model car with more squarish edges. It is not in great shape, possibly banged up and may have different colors, such as when a body part has been replaced or is primed for painting.

These are two guys with whom she is familiar. One of them has a connection to a female friend of hers (possibly cousin or stepbrother). The friend is either slightly older or presents herself as such. The friend may be Hispanic or of a darker complexion. I haven't really had time to delve into this whole story, but this person with the Myspace page "Fistey" could be a possibility. (From what I have since read I believe that she is the friend from whose house LB left, is that correct? If so, does she have any male relatives in their early 20s who live in this or a neighboring town?)

I get that one (or both) of these guys lives or stays in a basement of a female relative (mother, grandmother or aunt). They are from somewhere south (possibly Mexico) and may travel in and out of the area. The guys stand out because they look different than the other residents. Their grooming and dress is more "urban" than the locals.

They are known for talking to younger people and may be involved in dealing drugs (specifically methamphetamine). This could be part of the reason they are in and out of the area.

My sense is that LB got in the car thinking she was getting a ride home. They did something to persuade her to "hang out" (possibly alcohol) and then took her somewhere (possibly the basement). A day or two later, one or both may have taken her out of town. I won't share the rest of my impression unless something I have said can be validated. There is no sense in upsetting people if this is completely inaccurate.

I do get a strong sense that a third person has some information or suspicions about these characters, but is reluctant to speak up for fear of getting himself in trouble. If approached in the right manner he may spill the beans.

I would love more than anything to have this stuff checked out and shown to be false. I'd rather think she ran away than wonder if the impressions I picked up might be true.

sooth seer, I'm local to the area and what you described is possible. We have a lot of meth issues here in the county. Here is an article to a recent raid of a town 7 miles from McCleary that involved pretty much what you are describing (Mexicans traveling). http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/04/local_news/doc4a4e40ba42d3a175754572.txt

The men in the article had already been arrested before LB went missing so I doubt they are involved.. but I'm sure they aren't the only ones in the county involved in the drug activity. They are just the ones that have been caught so far.

sooth seer, I'm local to the area and what you described is possible. We have a lot of meth issues here in the county. Here is an article to a recent raid of a town 7 miles from McCleary that involved pretty much what you are describing (Mexicans traveling). http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/04/local_news/doc4a4e40ba42d3a175754572.txt

The men in the article had already been arrested before LB went missing so I doubt they are involved.. but I'm sure they aren't the only ones in the county involved in the drug activity. They are just the ones that have been caught so far.

Wow Jennifer. That just gave me a major case of chills. I'm in Florida and didn't know anything about that place until the last couple of days. Thanks for the link.

I'm passionate for the well being of the weak in our society. That they be treated with the dignity they deserve, not like prisoners who have committed the offense of needing help, after paying taxes for the last 50 or more years.......
:furious:

I probably should've started apologizing earlier.

I have a terrible sense of humor & sometimes I come off a bit 'thick skinned.

I may have already offended people on another post.

You're right it's not funny.

Specifically the # sequence (code) is what i found humorous.

I don't find humor in the 7ft barbed wire fence of a religious school i live near either. Only irony.

It reminded me of a certain (comedic) movie. '1, 2, 3, 4' - 'Ah so the code is 1 2 3 4'

Just to keep the record straight as the thread goes on, any tie to meth or Mexicans comes from an "impression" not from any known facts. (As sooth_seer points out in her post.) Sometimes it can happen a page or two later that posters, unaware of the original post, start focusing in on a psychic clue thinking that it is something LE has tied to the case or that a poster has uncovered through research.
Welcome to WS, sooth_seer!

JVK,

You mentioned earlier when you got back that it seemed as if some of the people you spoke with thought a local was involved.

Did they elaborate at all as to why they were leaning that way?

Thanks.

I probably should've started apologizing earlier.

I have a terrible sense of humor & sometimes I come off a bit 'thick skinned.

I may have already offended people on another post.

You're right it's not funny.

Specifically the # sequence (code) is what i found humorous.

I don't find humor in the 7ft barbed wire fence of a religious school i live near either. Only irony.

It reminded me of a certain (comedic) movie. '1, 2, 3, 4' - 'Ah so the code is 1 2 3 4'
You haven't offended me as I thought it was pretty funny myself. I admit to having a warped sense of humor. Around here it helps to inject humor when we are faced daily with horrible situations. Sometimes, you just need a smile.

Happy 4th everyone-have a safe one!

Question for the locals: Do you know the date Lindsey's school ended...was it in May or June? What day? Thanks in advance.

Eyes4Crime
June 16th was the last day of school. They probably got out of school around 10 am.

I'm sorry, I see nothing funny with locking people up because they are old, and suffer from dementia, or Alzheimer's disease.
I think it's a lazy, legal move to protect the company, not the residents.
ok, I'm sorry, rant over.
I'm passionate for the wellbeing of the weak in our society. That they be treated with the dignity they deserve, not like prisoners who have committed the offense of needing help, after paying taxes for the last 50 or more years.......
:furious:
I have to disagree. I see it as added protection against them wandering off and getting hurt. I have had vast experience with nursing homes and have seen far too often what can happen to those patients. They can be very tricky in getting out to go "home". It is far better to have such safeguards in place than to allow even one to wander off. They are not being kept as "prisoners", but they are being taken care of in a manner that affords them the best possible care, imo. They want the freedom to enjoy the outside and are protected. How is this a problem? There is less dignity to end up dead from dehydration or because they had an accident while missing because such safeguards were not in place.

jvk, I also got that the code was the funny part, I thought so too.

I want to thank you for getting the pics. I feel like I walked in the town.

I am also keeping several but not all of your photos on my case p-bucket.
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Iam trying to keep it current, trying to credit photos correctly, let me know if there are additions or correction, I'd appreciate it.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Lindsey%20Baum/

JVK,

You mentioned earlier when you got back that it seemed as if some of the people you spoke with thought a local was involved.

Did they elaborate at all as to why they wee leaning that way?

Thanks.

- It was not dark @ the time.
- Maple is a pretty quiet road
- Lindsey (via KK description) is a kicker/screamer/loud/fighter.

- ~IMO Doesn't seem like an area a <random> person would be swingin' through.
- IMO Lindsey being picked off 3rd seems unlikely. (too 'open/frequented)

I can't remember if Kara or Scott said it, but one of them mentioned hearing a woman screaming blocks away (~behind them) - This was unrelated & checked out (by LE) - Used as an example for distance (& quietness)

IMO both Scott & Kara seem to lean toward a local.

Something Kara mentioned, residents (including herself) were asked to (volunteer) a dog coming through the house.

I asked Kara if she knew of anyone declining. Kara said she'd asked the the same thing & LE would not answer that Q.

Amanda i appreciate your tagging & definitely let me know if you need something clarified.

Does a gone have any more info on the landlord? I read a post that there were several court cases. That could be evictions. What does he look like? Does he own several homes? Does he have a regular job? Is he married? Where does he live?

I would do some searching, but on my phone @ the deerlease wishing I was home on the computer.

Hi SS, Wonder what's happening at the 'ole watering hole in McClary tonight? Midnight, and I bet it is packed because isn't it the only one in town?

So I think we have some very clever FBI profiling work going on right now. I could be all wet, but am curious what you guys think;

Why would this article that came out around noon today, published in one paper and picked up by another plus 2 videos, announce that tonight there might be someone coming into town for their standard Friday night brew. AND that this person's habits might be all LE needs to fit a big piece of the puzzle into place as to Lindsay going missing? It is like an open warning to this person if he is the perp IMO. :confused: Even to "It's going to look like a police convention is in town."

So this guy either reads the paper, listens to the news on his radio coming home and says, WHOA, I better not go to McCleary tonight. That is what the average Joe would do, don't you think.

I'm thinking that is what the FBI is hoping he will do. I think they have picked the brains of everyone who works at the tavern plus the owners and have discovered there is one person who comes in on a regular basis but only on FRIDAY nights!

If he doesn't come in tonight and breaks his normal routine it would be a reason to haul him in for questioning, right? And if they have been looking at him now and he could be suspicioius, they could even have warrants in place by now to grab his truck and search his home.

Maybe a bit altruistic, but it is amazing how many shows I have seen - even Forensic Files shows, where LE takes this kind of a tack.

xox
Hmmmm...I never thought about it that way, Scandi. However, it being a holiday weekend...people have plans which may not include any normal routine.

Our big city PD usually go on a full media press junket before the holiday weekends to insure that people KNOW they will be out and setting up road blocks. (They even tell where they will be set up!) It helps to put the idea in people's heads not to drink and drive. This could be the reason they wanted it out there. They have enough to deal with and maybe wanted things to remain quiet in McCleary last night so they could continue with the task at hand which is finding Lindsey.

- It was not dark @ the time.
- Maple is a pretty quiet road
- Lindsey (via KK description) is a kicker/screamer/loud/fighter.

I can't remember if Kara or Scott said it, but one of them mentioned hearing a woman screaming blocks away (~behind them) - This was unrelated & checked out (by LE) - Used as an example for distance (& quietness)

IMO both Scott & Kara seem to lean toward a local.

Something Kara mentioned, residents (including herself) were asked to (volunteer) a dog coming through the house.

I asked Kara if she knew of anyone declining. Kara said she'd asked the the same thing & LE would not answer that Q.

Thanks.

I'm glad to hear that Lindsey is a fighter. All of that does seem to point towards it being someone Lindsey knew or at least recognized.

Off Topic: Happy 4th Of July, Everyone! It is raining here much to the dismay of my dog and the 4th picnic/BBQ people. (Houdini is equally afraid of rain so he is darned if it is the 4th or darned if it isn't. Poor fella. He is in lala land on his benadryl either way tho.)

Hope your 4th isn't a wash out and everyone eats very well!! Enjoy!!

On Topic: With the talk of this being a local and mention of the assisted living facility...I wanted to mention those facilities can have sexual offenders within their walls as residents whether they know it or not.

Thanks.

I'm glad to hear that Lindsey is a fighter. All of that does seem to point towards it being someone Lindsey knew or at least recognized.
And with her long nails...she should leave signs of a struggle on her abductor, imo. Another tale tell sign people need to look for on others are those scratches.

- (SNIPPED by STEADFAST)

I was watching a news report about Lindsey the other day when the search was first going on and they were "checking" all the residences along her supposed route. They had some video of the police "searching" a residence, and it consisted of the police standing on the porch and asking the homeowner to be sure to check all their outbuildings. If they happened to be talking to the perp, it's not as if he/she would say, "I wasn't going to tell unless you asked, but she's in my tool shed." I'm not confident that LE has searched inside many homes or even inside the outbuildings. They'd need search warrants for all those places.
Anyone know whether they have actually searched inside the homes along her route? I mean information besides that coming from KK? (Still not considering her credible yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste