WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinion: What may have happened is: KK mentioned the 6th hill in reference to scent tracking & that got interpreted as KK saying she knew of Lindsey being there.

she stated Lindsey had taken a different route

Link? was this from Monkeys?

Maybe someone should do a public service and go cut the weeds around that bridge. They look horrible. ;)

Hey, I agree about checking that bridge, SS! But why do you keep winking when you mention the bridge? (We can all see you! :)) And where did the bridge lead come from?
Is that from the astro thread or intuition or inside info, or what?

I trust KK more now that jvk has spoken to her, too. But I don't completely trust anyone in that town until there's at least a person of interest identified. Also, I'll need to go back and see, but I believe KK has given out conflicting info in the past.
In a few of jvk's pics, there were junk piles (old appliances, etc.) with weeds growing around, and I didn't see any evidence that the weeds had been disturbed. (Of course, now that I think about it, that would mean someone probably wasn't there hiding Lindsey either.)

Also, what's the deal with that appliance that is tied closed? Has that been checked?

ETA: I know LE and the media are saying it is most likely a local. But I think the locals may be in a bit of denial about that. I would be going out at night and searching my neighbors' yards. The locals need to realize it is probably one of them, someone they know.
I agree totally. The one disturbing thing to me is not taking the LDT or at least, if she did...LE is not stating publically she passed as they did with Scott and MB.

It could be that they put that tie recently on that fridge because it is probably illegal not to do so if it is out in the open or something. Or perhaps with all this going on, they realized it was a danger to the kids in the area. It should be checked out tho.

Wise deduction on the weeds not having been disturbed. ;)

Maybe someone should do a public service and go cut the weeds around that bridge. They look horrible. ;)

If it makes you feel better when i took those bridge pics it was right after a guy had come through with a search dog.

Hey, I agree about checking that bridge, SS! But why do you keep winking when you mention the bridge? (We can all see you! :)) And where did the bridge lead come from?
Is that from the astro thread or intuition or inside info, or what?
It is solely my intuition at work there. I wish I could tell you how it came about, but people think I am crazy enough around here. LOL

I just feel the bridge has a very strong connection in some way to this case. My "feelings" are often pretty good. After all, I had no idea there was a bridge when I asked JVK to look for it. ;) Then I find it is not only there, but a few feet not blocks from Lindsey's house. It is one hellova coincidence, imo. Then another person, who shall remain nameless, clued in on a structure with the bricks near an open area which fits the PD/City hall to a tee.

I wish i had an answer on KK w/the LDT. :/

I talked to her & scott (mostly) seperately.

Scott mentioned himself passing but it didn't come up in the convo w/KK.

This is my fault :/

That is a pretty crucial question.

If it makes you feel better when i took those bridge pics it was right after a guy had come through with a search dog.
Thanks, but I think they could be missing something. Could be evidence of some kind related to the perp not her...but something perhaps.

I wish i had an answer on KK w/the LDT. :/

I talked to her & scott (mostly) seperately.

Scott mentioned himself passing but it didn't come up in the convo w/KK.

This is my fault :/
Actually, it would probably have shut her down if you had brought it up. I think it is a good thing you didn't mention it. I am sure everyone is thinking the same thing about that LDT.

KK has given out conflicting info. Most importantly, she stated Lindsey had taken a different route, that HAS NOT been confirmed by LE or media. In fact, LE has said they have 2 witnesses that place Lindsey on Maple Street, NOT on 6th Street.

I think KK is someone to be leary of -just my opinion.

Salem

How slim are the possibilities that, because KK said her daughter watched Lindsey walk to the end of the street, she knows she went an alternate way? Someone somewhere mentioned that she had another friend living along the way she thought Lindsey had gone. Maybe Lindsey went to see if she could stay the night at that friends house, got either a "no" or perhaps they weren't there (I say that because no one has came forward), and at which point Lindsey turned back and started on her way home... this would explain an alternate route & being seen on Maple Street later.

Link to all of Kara's posts.
http://is.gd/1nq**

Ok.. 6th & hill isn't mentioned on the first page

on the 2nd page..

For some of the other posters regarding the camera's and Lindsey's route: From a possible witness on the night that Lindsey disappeared she did not take her regular route home. If that is true she would not have had to come through an area where she would have been picked up on those camera's. Instead she would have been headed up 6th street hill into a strictly residential area where there are no businesses which would be consistent with the original trail said to have been picked up by the dogs.

------​

A. From a possible witness on the night that Lindsey disappeared she did not take her regular route home.

B. If that is true she would not have had to come through an area where she would have been picked up on those camera's.

C. Instead she would have been headed up 6th street hill ..

D. which would be consistent with the original trail said to have been picked up by the dogs.

--------​

A. -> This has been asked before. Who is the 2nd witness? - BTW where did this info come from originally?

B. -> I went around/examined the Shell station/cameras multiple times. (again) No reason to believe the Cameras would have caught anything. Not even some one crossing the 3rd crosswalk.

C. 'Instead' -> ? What about 10th/alley? What about Simpson? - IMO 10th didn't get enough attention.

D. It's possible KK (said this) or said 6th/hill because of this ^

When i spoke w/KK i thought she'd said a scent had been tracked up 6th but i'm not 100% on that.

Regardless, the confusion starts here.

How slim are the possibilities that, because KK said her daughter watched Lindsey walk to the end of the street, she knows she went an alternate way? Someone somewhere mentioned that she had another friend living along the way she thought Lindsey had gone. Maybe Lindsey went to see if she could stay the night at that friends house, got either a "no" or perhaps they weren't there (I say that because no one has came forward), and at which point Lindsey turned back and started on her way home... this would explain an alternate route & being seen on Maple Street later.
My theory is that she was indeed seen on Maple on the way home. However, she had anticipated K staying over, she had a huge fight with her brother, and was looking for a diversion. It would not have been out of the realm for her to swing over to Simpson to check out the pizza place or other places to find someone to hang with that night. She didn't have to be home immediately and it wasn't that far off her course. She was bored...or anticipated becoming very bored at home after an active, fun day.

Link to all of Kara's posts.
http://is.gd/****

I don't think we're allowed to post other people's posts from other sites here, so I'll paraphrase KK's post about 6th st. It's at the link darlin gal provided:

For people who have questions about why Lindsey wasn't seen on the Shell Station cameras: A witness (no info given) said Lindsey took an unusual (for her) route home that night. If the witness is telling the truth, the cameras would not have picked up Lindsey going home because she would be travelling up the hill on 6th St. to a place where there are only houses, not businesses, which is consistent with the reports of the route the scent dogs picked up.

Opinion: What may have happened is: KK mentioned the 6th hill in reference to scent tracking & that got interpreted as KK saying she knew of Lindsey being there.

Link? was this from Monkeys?

I believe it was on Monkeys and we can't link there. DarlinGal, in a post or two above has linked all of KK's posts, I hope that will help.

I remain skeptical about this person and somewhat concerned. Just my opinion of course.

Salem

Thank you Steadfast, I appreciate your help here!

Have we ever gotten more info on the dogs, besides that they did NOT pick up a scent? Has LE ever said the dogs hit on 6th Street?

I admit I have not made my way through a few pages in thread 2 and couple of pages in this thread, but I have read most everything and I'm not seeing any confirmation of what the dogs did or did not find?

Salem

Seriously if she confirmed 6th/hill (~in her own posts) we need to know.

It is solely my intuition at work there. I wish I could tell you how it came about, but people think I am crazy enough around here. LOL

I just feel the bridge has a very strong connection in some way to this case. My "feelings" are often pretty good. After all, I had no idea there was a bridge when I asked JVK to look for it. ;) Then I find it is not only there, but a few feet not blocks from Lindsey's house. It is one hellova coincidence, imo. Then another person, who shall remain nameless, clued in on a structure with the bricks near an open area which fits the PD/City hall to a tee.

People don't think you're crazy! Got to say, though, SS, there being a bridge in a town isn't that huge of a coincidence. I have my suspicions about what "clued in" means. All hocus pocus, IMO.

BUT -- I know from the past that your instincts are very good, and it would just be ridiculous in any case if that bridge and its immediate vicinity weren't searched. Have you ever gotten a definitive answer if the bridge has been searched.
I am sooooo tempted to fly up there to search that town myself!:crazy: The first thing I'm going to do is yank open that refrigerator! (Okay, not really going. But I bet lots of us are just itching to go there at night with flashlights and prying-open-things tools!)

I just reread the post - check out DarlinGal's link. The way I read it, KK says there is a witness that may have seen Lindsey take a different route. She goes on to say if the witness' comment is true - that would mean that Lindsey was on 6th Street and would confirm the dogs scenting her there.

So KK is saying there is some witness report that we have not heard about yet, as far as I know. This witness report is contrary to what LE has been telling us all along. It mucks up the picture.......

Salem

Her own post said she knew of a witness who said Lindsey went up 6th and said it confirmed what the dogs scented on. See below.

Thank you Steadfast, I appreciate your help here!

Have we ever gotten more info on the dogs, besides that they did NOT pick up a scent? Has LE ever said the dogs hit on 6th Street?

I admit I have not made my way through a few pages in thread 2 and couple of pages in this thread, but I have read most everything and I'm not seeing any confirmation of what the dogs did or did not find?

Salem

No, LE has not said that the dogs scented in any particular place. Their reports seem to imply the dogs didn't pick up Lindsey's scent at all, but didn't come out and say it, and there's some question about whether they mean the dogs didn't scent on the supposed route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState