Address History for JM includes the following citie(s):
4 addresses in Humptulips, WA
3 addresses in Aberdeen, WA
3 addresses in Yakima, WA
2 addresses in Elma, WA
1 address in Mccleary, WA
1 address in Graham, WA

I wonder where he retired from?

I noticed that too as I scoured that map for the creek running thru town. They have probably culverted most of the creek in order to build the houses.

I don't even see many trees on JM's property. I think the map elevation is a bit too high for high resolution details like that.

Maybe so... lemme show u this one... hope it works...

http://www.ghc-gis.org/orthosearch/presentation/chameleon/map.asp?Cmd=Init&FEATUREID=063003000100&RECID=063003000100&SITUS=00220S6TH%20ST&OWNER=DANIEL%20R%20DANIEL&LABEL=DANIEL%20R%20DANIEL

Hi Angel, That last link is one of the most unusual ones I have read in a case. LE is sure trying to use the media to their advantage and I like that!

That makes sense. I'm seeing the video in my mind as I look at that aerial photo and can see he was standing to the south of his house with the big open lot stretching out in front of him and those trees to the NE of his house can be seen.

I think the trees is where the creek runs till it is culverted under his property. They said in the video he had a creek on his property which is what has thrown me cause I don't see it.

That is one block where they didn't cut Fir street in and pave it. so from his house it looks like one great big property.

I can't imagine the LEs not searching all of the Beehives buildings.

Maybe the staff didn't know it had been searched because they weren't at work at the time. I don't know.. but it sounds fishy that they didn't search it (not saying you are making it up or anyhthing jvk. I just thing you talked to some of the bigger idiots that work there)

By 9:15 to 9:30, most of the residents have been put to bed, and the staff is on a break or doing paperwork. I haven't worked in an ICF for many years, but that was the routine then.
A staff member wouldn't be missed for a few minutes.
If someone knocked her out, or taped her mouth, she could have been tossed in the trunk of a car, and LE wasn't called till 10:50. Ten minutes later, swing shift was driving away.

I read not two weeks ago of a conviction of a perp who murdered the spouse of a nursing home resident, in the parking lot of the nursing home, and stuffed her in the trunk of her own car. He was an employee of the nursing home.
Here's the link on Jane Carol Britt;
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62248&highlight=nursing+home+parking+lot

I hope LE has done some checks on the people working there.

I think a nursing home is an easy place to overlook though.

When I found out RNs are NOT required on staff in WA State, well, my thought was, ain't that the perfect place for maladjusted people who can't find work anywhere else to go, AND not be held accountable for infractions, or abuse, including neglect.

I know there are many dedicated people who work with the frail, but there are also many people, with low level consciences who work in jobs like that because they can't find work elsewhere, and there is little to no hassle getting it. They can call in, or not show, or show up stoned, intoxicated, and not lose their jobs.
This is only my opinion, but it is also based on experience.

To have a law that does not require a licensed RN to be on staff, to me, says that WA State watches out more for the companys who own them, then they do for the frail who live in them. MOO!

I'm grateful to you, jvk, for checking them out, for the one brave resident who got your attention, and to LE if when notified, go check the place and people out.

I'm also angry that the person living there felt they had to get the attention of a stranger on the street rather than a person who takes care of them. It tells me that person didn't trust or believe they would be listened to. I hope they are safe tonight.

ETA; obviously the resident was able to go out and talk to you without being seen, and no one noticied that he was gone. I say this b/c if it had been noticed, you would likely have seen a staff member coming to help him back in, or at least make sure he's ok, after all, you don't live there, you are a stranger to this small town, yes? If a resident can escape without notice for a few minutes, certainly a staff member can.

All of this jmo. of course

I wonder if anyone knows what side of the street she was walking on, or what side of the street she normally walks on when leaving Kk's house? tia

This made me chuckle a little.. never seen this..(although i know the purpose)

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary02/McCleary-800/Set02/DSCF2288.jpg

I'm sorry, I see nothing funny with locking people up because they are old, and suffer from dementia, or Alzheimer's disease.
I think it's a lazy, legal move to protect the company, not the residents.
ok, I'm sorry, rant over.
I'm passionate for the wellbeing of the weak in our society. That they be treated with the dignity they deserve, not like prisoners who have committed the offense of needing help, after paying taxes for the last 50 or more years.......
:furious:

~snip~

As the one-week anniversary of the evening of Lindsey’s disappearance approached, investigators concentrated on developing a profile of what the town might have looked like exactly a week earlier.

“We’re trying to re-create a snapshot as best we can of how McCleary looks on a Friday night,” according to Undersheriff Rick Scott.

He said law enforcement officials would be concentrating on traffic that comes into town Friday evenings, specifically between the hours of 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. ,the hour, when Lindsey disappeared while walking home from a friend’s house.

“We’ll be checking to see what businesses are open, what their customer base is. ... We’ll be flooding the corridor to see who travels though town on a regular basis at that hour.”

http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/04/local_news/doc4a4ef863951fd228403524.txt

Yesterday was a Friday before a holiday, so wouldn't conducting a study on the flow of people in and out of town be a bit off? More people off from work and traveling for the holiday.

According to another site.. Wayne isn't the minister he is a missionary.

And she might have attended it for Youth group with friends? I know my daughter goes to a couple of different Youth groups here in our town but doesn't attend the church.

Hi. Long time reader, first time poster. If Wayne is from Olympia, I did a search on Thurman County's public records and some things came up. I haven't had the chance to search the other towns that he is listed as living in (on free people search), such as Mt. Vernon, WA, Montesano, WA, and Corvallis, Oregon. I figured you guys will be much faster than me.

Is it ok to post what i found so far?

Hi guys
i know i asked this question before, but i missed it if anyone answered..
i'm sorry...
i admit i haven't watched any of the interviews...sometimes they're just too hard to watch...
but i'm just wondering....
has anyone seen lindsey's mom cry?
i've only seen pics of her and she's not crying in them
so i'm just curious....

I'm sorry, I see nothing funny with locking people up because they are old, and suffer from dementia, or Alzheimer's disease.
I think it's a lazy, legal move to protect the company, not the residents.
ok, I'm sorry, rant over.
I'm passionate for the wellbeing of the weak in our society. That they be treated with the dignity they deserve, not like prisoners who have committed the offense of needing help, after paying taxes for the last 50 or more years.......
:furious:

It would be a huge tragedy, though, if someone with Alzheimer's wandered off into those thick woods. That fence protects them. Anyone who can read the sign and still understand what it's saying can come and go. It isn't possible for a facility like that to have one on one attention to each resident. It's no more evil or cruel than a day care center having a fence.

I'm not sure if this has been looked into, but I found a list of recovery/addiction groups that meet in the area:
http://recoverycoalition.org/localgroups.htm
I noticed a recovery from sexual addiction group on the list. It's listed as being "closed" so I'm not sure if this means the group no longer meets. The contact name for the group is M. Hobbs, which I searched and found someone by that name in Shelton, WA. It looks like he is connected with the United Methodist Church, which has a branch in McCleary near 3rd and Oak.

I don't know if any of this means anything.

By 9:15 to 9:30, most of the residents have been put to bed, and the staff is on a break or doing paperwork. I haven't worked in an ICF for many years, but that was the routine then.
A staff member wouldn't be missed for a few minutes.
If someone knocked her out, or taped her mouth, she could have been tossed in the trunk of a car, and LE wasn't called till 10:50. Ten minutes later, swing shift was driving away.

I read not two weeks ago of a conviction of a perp who murdered the spouse of a nursing home resident, in the parking lot of the nursing home, and stuffed her in the trunk of her own car. He was an employee of the nursing home.
Here's the link on Jane Carol Britt;
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62248&highlight=nursing+home+parking+lot

I hope LE has done some checks on the people working there.

I think a nursing home is an easy place to overlook though.

When I found out RNs are NOT required on staff in WA State, well, my thought was, ain't that the perfect place for maladjusted people who can't find work anywhere else to go, AND not be held accountable for infractions, or abuse, including neglect.

I know there are many dedicated people who work with the frail, but there are also many people, with low level consciences who work in jobs like that because they can't find work elsewhere, and there is little to no hassle getting it. They can call in, or not show, or show up stoned, intoxicated, and not lose their jobs.
This is only my opinion, but it is also based on experience.

To have a law that does not require a licensed RN to be on staff, to me, says that WA State watches out more for the companys who own them, then they do for the frail who live in them. MOO!

I'm grateful to you, jvk, for checking them out, for the one brave resident who got your attention, and to LE if when notified, go check the place and people out.

I'm also angry that the person living there felt they had to get the attention of a stranger on the street rather than a person who takes care of them. It tells me that person didn't trust or believe they would be listened to. I hope they are safe tonight.

ETA; obviously the resident was able to go out and talk to you without being seen, and no one noticied that he was gone. I say this b/c if it had been noticed, you would likely have seen a staff member coming to help him back in, or at least make sure he's ok, after all, you don't live there, you are a stranger to this small town, yes? If a resident can escape without notice for a few minutes, certainly a staff member can.

All of this jmo. of course

Beehive is an assisted living community, not a nursing home.

Here is what the webpage says:
Nestled in the small, family town of McCleary, WA The Beehive offers the simplicity of country life with all the services you need.

From independent and assisted living to our secure, memory care environment, our knowledgeable staff focus on individualized care served up in a loving, comfortable environment.

When living at home is no longer an option, come home to the Beehive in McCleary.
• Private apartments with weekly housekeeping
• Professional, caring staff available 24 hours
• 3 nutritious meals served daily
• Coordination of health services/medications
• Individualized service plans
• Regular activities for all care areas
• Scheduled bus transportation
• Safe, secure memory care with walking area
• Nurse call in each assisted living apartment

I have no experience with Beehive but I've never heard of them having problems with staff. From what I understand a lot of the employees have been there many years. I agree that they do need to look closer at the facility and the staff if they haven't done so in this case. I just can't imagine the LE's not checking that area when they have scoured the whole town several times. But if someone told jvk that they weren't checked then she needs to report this to the LEs--just in case they weren't checked.

The one assisted living facility I do have experience with (here in Montesano, that my grandmother was in for awhile) was great. They had their independence--they weren't "put to bed" by a certain time, they didn't have to answer to anyone, they were free to come and go as they pleased. One part of the unit was for Alzeimer patients, it was a gated section much like the picture posted with the code to the lock on the gate.
The three nursing homes I have experience with all had RNs on staff. Whether it's by choice or by law. I don't know.
Assisted living do not have nurses because there is no need for them. Assisted living is nothing more than a safe place for the elderly to live on their own if they so choose. They have a safe warm house, that is cleaned for them, meals that they can either eat in their home or go to a community meal area and eat with others, they have areas on the grounds where they can socialize or they are free to go places outside the facility to do this. They attempt to let these people live as independently as possible.

Good Morning Jennifer,

I'm wondering if we have discussed the person over here that you mention on the other thread that sits in the back of your mind?

I'm not sure if this has been looked into, but I found a list of recovery/addiction groups that meet in the area:
http://recoverycoalition.org/localgroups.htm
I noticed a recovery from sexual addiction group on the list. It's listed as being "closed" so I'm not sure if this means the group no longer meets. The contact name for the group is M. Hobbs, which I searched and found someone by that name in Shelton, WA. It looks like he is connected with the United Methodist Church, which has a branch in McCleary near 3rd and Oak.

I don't know if any of this means anything.

moo

It says, under the location, "Invitation" it's possible that it's not open to the public. So just anyone can't walk in and hang out (might be to protect the SOs that are required to attend from being attacked by people). I know many of our SOs are required to attend such a program when they are released from prison. They might be given this guys number and told to contact him personally for information (or maybe they are given that info when they leave the facility and that is their "invitation" to the group.

Good Morning Jennifer,

I'm wondering if we have discussed the person over here that you mention on the other thread that sits in the back of your mind?

I honestly don't remember if he has been discussed or not. His wife, yes, we have discussed her a little bit.

I noticed a recovery from sexual addiction group on the list. It's listed as being "closed" so I'm not sure if this means the group no longer meets.
12 step recovery meetings can be open, anyone can come, one can bring a friend , spouse, etc. Closed means it is intended just for those in recovery.

i wanted to wish all of you a happy 4th :) although we dedicate a lot of time here, enjoy the day with your family or loved ones too :D

moo

It says, under the location, "Invitation" it's possible that it's not open to the public. So just anyone can't walk in and hang out (might be to protect the SOs that are required to attend from being attacked by people). I know many of our SOs are required to attend such a program when they are released from prison. They might be given this guys number and told to contact him personally for information (or maybe they are given that info when they leave the facility and that is their "invitation" to the group.

Any locals know if there were any meetings going on at that church (United Methodist on 3rd & Oak) the night of 6/26? I've been searching online but cannot find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member