WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know for a fact that LE was out doing more searches today...they came up the back of my property along the creek looking for what appears to be a pond from the aerial/satelite photos. I'm not sure if they had dogs with them or not, but they drove up our driveway to let us know they were going to be back there. Apparently they never found a pond like they thought should be there...

Reading back thru KaraK's posts she does talk quite a bit about their MySpace accounts.

Lindsey's mother deleted L's account at home leaving only her own which L had no password to access.

Popping back in for a few, you all are moving too fast for me. I have an off topic question to those that know and understand myspace.

I, too, have seen it said by KK that Lindsey's Mom deleted Lindsey's myspace.

Once a myspace account is deleted,I didn't think it could be reactivated? I thought that is was lost to the ages KWIM? TIA, I'll try to pop back on tomorrow and see if anyone answered. Have a great evening.

Lindsey might not have made it to school and had all those absences because she was too tired from using the computer unsupervised all night and into the morning.

I work at a library. The children's dept. of the McCleary library probably has about 4-6 computers with some sort of filter. Maybe, just maybe, they have a young adult section for kids aged 13-18 with 4-6 computers. Even a very small library has between 6-10 adult computers with no filters.

Popping back in for a few, you all are moving too fast for me. I have an off topic question to those that know and understand myspace.

I, too, have seen it said by KK that Lindsey's Mom deleted Lindsey's myspace.

Once a myspace account is deleted,I didn't think it could be reactivated? I thought that is was lost to the ages KWIM? TIA, I'll try to pop back on tomorrow and see if anyone answered. Have a great evening.

When you delete a myspace you get a confirmation email, you click a link and in a few days your myspace is gone. If you don't click the link then no, the myspace is not deleted.

But you can always re-register it using the same email account of a deleted account. I know this for a fact because every time my daughter in law gets angry at my son.. she makes him delete his (and within a week he's back and only uses one email address)

There should be no access to MySpace from the children's dept. At 10 years old, Lindsey and her friends must be using the adult computers. At our library, they can't. Their cards wouldn't work in the adult section. Or the YA section.

I know for a fact that LE was out doing more searches today...they came up the back of my property along the creek looking for what appears to be a pond from the aerial/satelite photos. I'm not sure if they had dogs with them or not, but they drove up our driveway to let us know they were going to be back there. Apparently they never found a pond like they thought should be there...

Now I'm really curious as to where you live. No need to tell me though. I respect your privacy.

Here is the Capital Forest info taken from their website http://www.capitolforest.com/
Area: 91,650 acres 150 sq/m......
Miles of Singletrack: 166....
Miles of Gravel Roads: 575....
Topographical Relief: 600 ft - 2659ft

As you can see from the map it spans two counties and has numerous ways to get into it. Many locals know how to get to the Capital Forest from any location without ever driving on a main road.

directionsmap.jpg

scandi, I think you mis read something. They are not searching a ball park near an RV place. As I stated earlier they are searching the ORV park which isn't far from McCleary and has trails leading up into the Capital forest. It is surrounded by farm land and forest areas. There has been no mention on the news of any ball parks being searched.

Thanks Jennifer, Guess I read that wrong. Thanks for the info on Capital Forest. I can't believe I totally missed that when I lived in Lacey.

I remember one night late driving back from Aberdeen I encountered two small bright light.s seemingly frozen in space and fixed on me right as I rounded that little bend going around McCleary. Thank Goodness I swerved my car just a bit and missed what turned out to be a very young doe who suddenly sprang off the Hwy as I passed by. WOWSERS, I'll never forget it

There should be no access to MySpace from the children's dept. At 10 years old, Lindsey and her friends must be using the adult computers. At our library, they can't. Their cards wouldn't work in the adult section. Or the YA section.

Same with Montesanos library (which is also a Timberland Library like McClearys--so I assume they have the same rules)

Thanks Jennifer, Guess I read that wrong. Thanks for the info on Capital Forest. I can't believe I totally missed that when I lived in Lacey.

I remember one night late driving back from Aberdeen I encountered two small bright light.s seemingly frozen in space and fixed on me right as I rounded that little bend going around McCleary. Thank Goodness I swerved my car just a bit and missed what turned out to be a very young doe who suddenly sprang off the Hwy as I passed by. WOWSERS, I'll never forget it

Deer in the headlights are very common in this area. lol

I work at a library. The children's dept. of the McCleary library probably has about 4-6 computers with some sort of filter. Maybe, just maybe, they have a young adult section for kids aged 13-18 with 4-6 computers. Even a very small library has between 6-10 adult computers with no filters.

I think the McCleary library only has a total of 4-6 computers...and they weren't divided into a children's dept and an adult dept. It's a _very_ small library. Of course, the last time I was in there was about a year ago, so it's possible they have more than that.

Thank you!
I believe the library was brought up in a KK post as someplace the kids "might" have accessed their MS pages from. I don't think anything was confirmed.
Maybe they weren't updating them from the library at all. With the info you have shared with us, I would think the library is out of the picture as far as the girls' MS's are concerned.

It could have been fireworks causing the fire. They are illegal in Capital Forest so if they start a fire it's considered arson. If it was near a camp ground close to the fourth of July I'm placing my bets on it being fireworks.

But again, the LEs haven't said what the object was that started the fire so I can only guess.

Here's an article from the Olympian Jennifer that says they found an incendiary device by a pile of brush and there were not multiple fireworks in the area:

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/901329.html

Boy, I hope they catch the perp who did this!

About the fire at Capital Forest. Can anyone tell me where Lindsey came into that? Is it a rumor, or?

I have a girlfriend whose husband is a Supervisor at DNR. He is involved in fires here by coordinating etc., I'm thinking of calling her and asking her if he has heard anything. Maybe he can't say anything about the fire...but maybe he can.

Can't hurt to ask him. If he tells me No Talking well I can handle that too :)

Where was this info originally from?

I think the McCleary library only has a total of 4-6 computers...and they weren't divided into a children's dept and an adult dept. It's a _very_ small library. Of course, the last time I was in there was about a year ago, so it's possible they have more than that.

I don't think they are divided but they are filtered and which version you can access is dependent on your library card. I can access different levels of filtering with my library card than my daughter can with hers.

Thank you!
I believe the library was brought up in a KK post as someplace the kids "might" have accessed their MS pages from. I don't think anything was confirmed.
Maybe they weren't updating them from the library at all. With the info you have shared with us, I would think the library is out of the picture as far as the girls' MS's are concerned.

Don't know if the library's web page has been linked yet. I don't see a policy about children and internet usage there.
http://www.trlib.org/Locations/mccleary.aspx
Library Hours - New Hours - June 1, 2009 Monday Closed, Tuesday 10 am - 5 pm, Wednesday 10 am - 5 pm, Thursday 1 pm - 8 pm, Friday Closed, Saturday 10 am - 3 pm, Sunday Closed

Here's an update from KING5 and it looks like a website has been put up for Lindsey too.

They're hoping the rain today (which I have yet to see any of here in Seattle) will help with her scent, and there is mention of the Strddleline ATV park.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070609WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-SW.14c01624.html

They might want to start off by spelling her name right on her website :-(

http://lindseybaum.com/
[

Thanks Be Adequite, BTW, I always thought it was Lindsay and then saw it being spelled with an e. Now I'm :confused:

Don't know if the library's web page has been linked yet. I don't see a policy about children and internet usage there.
http://www.trlib.org/Locations/mccleary.aspx
Library Hours - New Hours - June 1, 2009 Monday Closed, Tuesday 10 am - 5 pm, Wednesday 10 am - 5 pm, Thursday 1 pm - 8 pm, Friday Closed, Saturday 10 am - 3 pm, Sunday Closed

from here

What does the Computer Signup System do? This system lets you reserve time on Internet/Office computers in any of Timberland's 27 buildings and controls the length of sessions on them. It also lets adult patrons (17 and older) designate their own levels of Internet access.

My experience with the Library systems were one time I forgot my library card and had to use my daughters. I was attempting to log into my Myspace to get a name of a book that someone had suggested I read (this was why I was at the library) and I couldn't get to the site. I had to finally ask the librarian for a way around it.

[

Thanks Be Adequite, BTW, I always thought it was Lindsay and then saw it being spelled with an e. Now I'm :confused:

I saw it spelled both ways at first, but her name has been spelled "Lindsey" consistently in news stories for about a week now. Also, see thread title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro