WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's entirely possible that the girls could have borrowed a parent's card to go to the library, too. I've done it before when I lost my card/had it suspended for losing a book.

About the fire at Capital Forest. Can anyone tell me where Lindsey came into that? Is it a rumor, or?

I have a girlfriend whose husband is a Supervisor at DNR. He is involved in fires here by coordinating etc., I'm thinking of calling her and asking her if he has heard anything. Maybe he can't say anything about the fire...but maybe he can.

Can't hurt to ask him. If he tells me No Talking well I can handle that too :)

Where was this info originally from?

I think it's just been talked about here.. I haven't noticed anyone in LE or the media mentioning it.

Komo news is reporting that Lindseys dads name is Scott. I thought it was Greg.

About the fire at Capital Forest. Can anyone tell me where Lindsey came into that? Is it a rumor, or?

I have a girlfriend whose husband is a Supervisor at DNR. He is involved in fires here by coordinating etc., I'm thinking of calling her and asking her if he has heard anything. Maybe he can't say anything about the fire...but maybe he can.

Can't hurt to ask him. If he tells me No Talking well I can handle that too :)

Where was this info originally from?

Hi Breanna, I don't believe there is any known connection to this fire. It is just kind of disconcerting due to the timing of the fire a week from her disappearance, how it was set by an incendiary device in a campground and how close it is to McCleary. At least that is just my feeling as a poster.

It may be nothing to do with her. On the other hand a fire would be a good way to get rid of forensic evidence as an afterthought, right? At least if anything develops with it relating to Lindsay, at least we have a one-up on it!

Komo news is reporting that Lindseys dads name is Scott. I thought it was Greg.

I'm tellin' ya...KOMO news had me so screwed up and confused today. I'm pretty sure they don't know what they are reporting.

:doh: Will our confusion never end???

LOL

I think I have it figured out. Probably named something like Gregory Scott and legally goes by Greg but among family and friends he goes by Scott (I have an ex sister in law that did this and it drove me crazy because I knew her as one thing and every one else knew her as something else. It always took me the longest time to figure out who they were talking about. lol)

As far as I know, Lindsey's father's name is Gregory Scott Baum, but he goes by Scott.

Hi Breanna, I don't believe there is any known connection to this fire. It is just kind of disconcerting due to the timing of the fire a week from her disappearance, how it was set by an incendiary device in a campground and how close it is to McCleary. At least that is just my feeling as a poster.

It may be nothing to do with her. On the other hand a fire would be a good way to get rid of forensic evidence as an afterthought, right? At least if anything develops with it relating to Lindsay, at least we have a one-up on it!

Hi Scandi! Ya, I hear you. It is kinda weird. The fire was on the 4th. A friend of my husbands who lives near there called us about it when we were at the beach. So it could be fireworks.

But we have to look at everything right? I'll call my friend and see if they have heard anything. Thanks!

It's entirely possible that the girls could have borrowed a parent's card to go to the library, too. I've done it before when I lost my card/had it suspended for losing a book.

Part of my job is to watch for kids using adult cards. In a small library like McCleary with only 4-6 computers in a section all together for all ages of users, this would seem hard to monitor. If I saw a child using MySpace I would get their card number from my screen of their computers and check that her age matches her card. Children are banned and the adult card is confiscated.

Thank you!
I believe the library was brought up in a KK post as someplace the kids "might" have accessed their MS pages from. I don't think anything was confirmed.
Maybe they weren't updating them from the library at all. With the info you have shared with us, I would think the library is out of the picture as far as the girls' MS's are concerned.

KK did mention having the computer next to hers she could monitor it better when her daughter would get messages, etc. I also got the definite feeling the girls also used the library computers. I don't know how long ago Lindsay was cut off from her home computer but she definately found other ways to get on line!

Someone (Lindseys mom) wasn't doing a very good job at watching her childs usage of the computer. Lindseys "Twilight Freak" was created on Friday May 29 at 4:04 am. I wouldn't think she'd be at KKs house at that time considering it was a school day and most people are asleep at 4 am..

When I look at the Twilight Freak MySpace page it looks like the account was created at 8:04 on May 29th. I am not a big fan of MySpace especially for children but I forced myself to go and look at these accounts - my oh my - I have no other words. Has anybody checked into the A. Walters who was listed in Lindsey's MySpace as a friend? A. Walters joined MySpace at 2:29 on June 9th and the last login was on June 28th/09. No doubt A. Walters (a Libra, age 18) has been sleuthed for more information?

When I look at the Twilight Freak MySpace page it looks like the account was created at 8:04 on May 29th. I am not a big fan of MySpace especially for children but I forced myself to go and look at these accounts - my oh my - I have no other words. Has anybody checked into the A. Walters who was listed in Lindsey's MySpace as a friend? A. Walters joined MySpace at 2:29 on June 9th and the last login was on June 28th/09. No doubt A. Walters (a Libra, age 18) has been sleuthed for more information?

What time zone are you in? I'm in the same one as Lindseys and I believe Myspace goes by location to set those times.

We've kind of looked into A. Walters. Very little info is known (someone found someone with the same last name in McCleary and got a location and phone number but that's as far as that went. I asked around McCleary to see if anyone I knew knows her. No one does)

I'm tellin' ya...KOMO news had me so screwed up and confused today. I'm pretty sure they don't know what they are reporting.

ITA, Do they actually have reporters down in the area or are they getting their info off the wire service? I've seen some major errors in the revamped articles from the Olympian.

Usually in every case there is one news station or paper that excels at the coverage in a local case. In Portland that is usually CBS, Channel 6 for instance.

I've been following along and still haven't learned whether or not Kayla has any male relatives in the area. Wondering if the locals have any knowledge of this? Also, does anyone know her ethnic background or that of possible local relatives?

These images I've picked up continue to haunt me, and I would like to know if there is anything behind them.

What time zone are you in? I'm in the same one as Lindseys and I believe Myspace goes by location to set those times.

We've kind of looked into A. Walters. Very little info is known (someone found someone with the same last name in McCleary and got a location and phone number but that's as far as that went. I asked around McCleary to see if anyone I knew knows her. No one does)

My arse in almost in the middle of the North Atlantic - lol. I really thought the MySpace page would retain the date and time of the time zone that the MySpace was created in and regardless of what time zone the reader was in it would reflect the same date and time. You are really seeing a a 4:04 am join time aren't you?

I am actually seeing an A. Walters on Facebook that is probably the A. Walters listed as Lindsey's friend - but not sure yet.

ETA: Discounted the A. Walters on Facebook - outside of the USA when I checked deeper. Eleph

The closest I can come to any A. Walters in Washington is one in Seattle (according to Google about a 1.5 hour drive from McCleary). This would be A. D. Walters age 41 not the age 18 as noted on the MySpace page. No other peoples are listed as being associated with this A.D. Walters who used to live in Stockton, CA and in Appleton, WI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro