WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pull up the MS pages now and then, LB's private 'Disturbed" says 'Online Now'. Wondering if this is LE or someone has access to LB's password. I'm afraid to send a message.

I just checked it and it says the last log in was on 6/28/09.

sounds like what you seen was a Myspace fluke.. it's pretty common on that site

When i ran into Mark i didn't know where he'd just come from. But upon returning to town & taking (more) pics i'm pretty sure he'd just come from:

DSCF2117.jpg

You practically can't miss him. Likely (frequently) intoxicated, slurs, & barely picks up his feet. ~5"8 kind of chubby.

I'm pretty sure he'd just bought (more) beer & was heading (walking) home down 4th. (i didn't watch him walk away for too long)

BTW @ "That girl was up to 'things' - I recall that being an ~opinion of (& coming from) Mark. Mark portrayed the Jewelry store person as having a not-so-great opinion & that's a comment Mark added.

Note: Hartman's Jewelry is also on 4th a ~block away from the 76 ^

If Mark lives near 4th and Maple, wouldn't that be close to where LB was last seen? Sounds to me that Mark himself may be worth checking out. He's a drunk (or was drunk at the time), doesn't particularly like LB, could well have been wandering the street around 9:15, might have been the recipient of a smart remark from Lindsey if he said anything nasty to her which could possibly have set him off. Or, he could have tempted her with a quick drink in his home (still 15 minutes before cerfew is up)? She was probably a bit peeved that the evening's plans had not gone right. Might Mark be setting off distractions such as his suggestion that he knows who probably did it?

In any event, clearly Mark needs to be investigated. Who knows, Lindsey may be tied up in his basement at this very moment.

Even a slight possibility should inspire LE to do an interrogation and possibly a search of his home.

Mark is worth checking out, but it seems to me that if a local picked her up, they aren't talking to a 'stranger' walking around town. They may be talking to media and LE and locals, and more than likely is intelligent, professional and "above suspicion". My opinion is Lindsey either KNEW whoever picked her up, or RECOGNIZED whoever picked her up-assuming she was picked up. She may not have know this person well, but at the very least, would have known the person by sight. With no evidence of force or a struggle,. there should be presumed an element of 'trust'. JMO...

I didn't want anyone to miss this article!!!!

AMW Is Covering Lindsey Baum Saturday July 11, 2009!!!!! :woohoo: :clap: :woohoo: :clap:
July 11, 2009
<snipped>
Join John Walsh on the search for Lindsey Baum.
July 11, 2009 Saturday on FOX, 9/8c.
Catch AMW on Fox, Saturday Nights 9pm Eastern and Pacific, 8pm Central.

Article:
http://www.amw.com/show_archive/tv_detail.cfm?currentDate=2009-07-11

July 11 2009
Artur Martirosyan (Fugitive), Lindsey Baum (Missing Child), Peter Soto (Fugitive), more

LINK TO ARCHIVE OF UPCOMING SHOWS:
http://www.amw.com/show_archive/past_shows.cfm

:angel:

Mark is worth checking out, but it seems to me that if a local picked her up, they aren't talking to a 'stranger' walking around town. They may be talking to media and LE and locals, and more than likely is intelligent, professional and "above suspicion". My opinion is Lindsey either KNEW whoever picked her up, or RECOGNIZED whoever picked her up-assuming she was picked up. She may not have know this person well, but at the very least, would have known the person by sight. With no evidence of force or a struggle,. there should be presumed an element of 'trust'. JMO...

I tend to agree with what you have said. Seems Lindsey was taken 'quick' and with no evidence left behind. No signs of struggle, no screams, and no suspicion by people passing by or in homes. I agree that Lindsey either knew or recognized the person and thought him to be benign. Seems to me that whomever snatched Lindsey knew full-well what he was doing...in my opinion not a novice pedophile. moo

I pray they have a break, too. I think with the Bear Festival this weekend things are going to grind to a halt. What can you do when your town is full of tourists?

I know that they have extra people out handing out fliers...I passed 4 of them on my way home. It also sounds like there will be extra law enforcement from the county in town for the festivities...

SeriouslySearching on page 5 of this thread indicates that "He probably should not be labeled "town drunk". He could be someone who works nights and has a few beers/drinks during the daytime. He could be someone who gets a few days off and drinks heavily during those times.

I personally agree with his thoughts, even though I agree with JVK that he was extremely inebriated at the time that she spoke with him, which was getting to the point of darkness, and this implies that he probably drinks quite a bit but may hold a viable job and get to work on time on a dialy basis. JVK indicates that he seemed to be heading (walking) home down 4th. This indicates that he probably had some sort of property or rental place (implying employment) and the property was somewhere near 4th and Maple, the very route that LB traved on a daily basis to her friend's home.

If this man lives approximate to the very area where LB travels on a daily basis then it stands to reason that he would be known (visually) to her, thus not particularly creating a sense of fear or trepidation as he stumbled to his home that night (hypothetically). Most streets at that time of night, especially in a small village, are quiet, curtains drawn, all outside work complete. Something sinister could happen very quickly in a brief moment by a slightly large, slightly heavy individual when the victim is 80 pounds.

Considering the above it is unlikely that Mark did not know LB, at least like you know your neighbor visually yet not personally, superficial recognition. However, considering some of the comments he made to JVK it would be difficult for me personally to accept that Mark does not know who she was at all, visually.

Thanks Carmel and eyes for your interesting and helpful additions to the Mark idea. In any event, I believe that Mark definitely needs some investigation by LE, and quick! And many here have indicated just that. Hopefully LE is taking care of business on that and other matters of concern.

I just don't think an overweight drunk who slurs and can barely walk would have an easy time convincing Lindsey to come to his house or overpowering her. He sounds like when he is drinking, he can barely function enough to walk....jmo

Hi de ho!

About the caretaker in the Olympic Forest. I remember in the Scott Peterson case that there was an island in San Francisco Bay that had a caretaker. It was Brooks Island and was either a State or Federal park.

There was a little house on the island, part of it open to the public as it was a breeding ground for birds. A young couple had the job and it was a very good job. I think she had recently had a new baby in fact.

What my point is I think a caretaker of any public property like the Capitol Forest or Brooks Island would be a choice job and they would be very selective in choosing the caretaker/s. I would be real surprised if they had a schlup there, but it is still a good question to pose at this stage of the investigation. xoxoxoxox

Hi de ho!

About the caretaker in the Olympic Forest. I remember in the Scott Peterson case that there was an island in San Francisco Bay that had a caretaker. It was Brooks Island and was either a State or Federal park.

There was a little house on the island, part of it open to the public as it was a breeding ground for birds. A young couple had the job and it was a very good job. I think she had recently had a new baby in fact.

What my point is I think a caretaker of any public property like the Olympic Forest or Brooks Island would be a choice job and they would be very selective in choosing the caretaker/s. I would be real surprised if they had a schlup there, but it is still a good question to pose at this stage of the investigation. xoxoxoxox

One correction so people coming in a little late don't get confused.. The Olympic Forest is north of McCleary and the Capital Forest is south. The Capital Forest is the one that everyone has been talking about/questioning. Not the Olympic Forest. :)

One correction so people coming in a little late don't get confused.. The Olympic Forest is north of McCleary and the Capital Forest is south. The Capital Forest is the one that everyone has been talking about/questioning. Not the Olympic Forest. :)

Thanks Jennifer, Yes I knew and meant to say Capitol Forest. Just walked in the door from a very long day but should have caught my error on the read-thru. ;}

Dear Nancy Grace:

Lindsey Baum (and others) are still missing. Michael Jackson is still dead. Which one can we change? Thank you.
It was pointed out by Mickey Sherman the other night in chat that the best way to get Nancy or any of the other shows to change their format away from MJ back to our missing was to send emails to them. He said they respond to their audience and this was the way to get it done. ;) We should probably take his advice...since it was free coming from not only a high powered, high profile attorney who is a talking head on her show regularly...but a close personal friend of Nancy's. :)

It was pointed out by Mickey Sherman the other night in chat that the best way to get Nancy or any of the other shows to change their format away from MJ back to our missing was to send emails to them. He said they respond to their audience and this was the way to get it done. ;) We should probably take his advice...since it was free coming from not only a high powered, high profile attorney who is a talking head on her show regularly...but a close personal friend of Nancy's. :)

I sent that exact message through the "Contact Us" thing on NG's page. I'm not sure if there is another way to email her. But I hope others will email her as well. :)

Welcome to WS, Normcar! I agree with most of what you said and it gave me some food for thought about Mark. Maybe in the conversation with JVK, he was using the Jeweler to give credibility in his statement...but they were his thoughts instead. The same thing with the mention of the man he named as Eric. If you take all the names out of his conversation and look at it again with a first person perspective...it is rather chilling. I am also beginning to doubt his name is Mark since no one seems to recognize the name and have any association to the person.

It could put him in the area close to where she was last seen and if it was his normal to walk to the store for beer purchases, I could see where he would be at least recognizable to Lindsey. I don't see Lindsey going anywhere with this man willingly even with the promise of "treats".

However, I do see how easily he could overpower her especially while drinking. It loosens inhibitions and creates a false sense of being in control at the same time. People who are drunk are often some of the most dangerous. Being intoxicated hasn't stopped many from overpowering others before and I don't see it as a factor here.

Since he walked further to the package store instead of buying beer at the Shell station, it would indicate the prices were cheaper. This means he probably has a rather low paying job.

Where I get lost is what could he have done with her once he grabbed her if he was not in a vehicle? Does he own a vehicle? Does he have access to a work vehicle?

Oh..By the way...I am a female. ;)

Hi de ho!

What my point is I think a caretaker of any public property like the Capitol Forest or Brooks Island would be a choice job and they would be very selective in choosing the caretaker/s. I would be real surprised if they had a schlup there, but it is still a good question to pose at this stage of the investigation. xoxoxoxox
Who ya callin' a ho?! LOL Hi de!

You could be right, but as we know...background investigations and all the best selective choosing cannot predict who is a predator with a secret, dark side. It could only mean they have never been caught. ;)

I went through a slideshow of all of JVC's pictures tonight to see if there is anything we have missed. What I saw in JVC's pictures is what I would call a small, sleepy town where the most noise would probably be on a Saturday night when the bar shuts down. It looks like a quiet town where everybody just goes about their business and nothing out of the ordinary ever happens.

There is a pet grooming shop in the town, pizza, subway, cafe, couple of bars, gas station, corner store, doctor's office, video rental store, jewelry store, a park, no sidewalks that I could see, an assisted living residence for the aged. Basically a normal town in small town America. A bus stop, saw one transit bus pix, a park and ride that really isn't used. Didn't see any old beat up cars, seemed to be a good mix of cars, SUV's and trucks. Saw a pix of a dog who wasn't on a leash. A small LE station.

What I didn't see was a pix of Lindsey's school (I may have missed it). I didn't see a fire station (may have missed it). Didn't see any local movie theatre (may have missed it). Didn't see any local emergency centre ( may have missed it). There are many poles in the town w/o posted pictures of Lindsey missing - Subway had a huge billboard but it wasn't mentioning that Lindsey was missing (could be more posters and signs now).

Rambling thoughts coming from an unsettled mind as to what really happened.

Does anybody know where Lndsey's school is in the town, does anybody know if any bicycles were reported missing, do we know if mother Melissa has any male friends, how far is Lindsey's school from the last place she was sighted? Were the scent dogs taken to various parts of the town?

I didn't see any uncovered manholes for her to vanish into ......

Another rambling thought - based on lessons learned on other cases (Sandra Cantu and more recently Tori Stafford) - how sure are we that the perp is a male versus a female?

I appreciate your response SeriouslySearching as I have been following this quite closely and am extremely messed up by what has happened to LB. I followed Neveah and Caylee as well, mystified how such pure evil can happen, especially when Neveah's body was found encased in cheap cement on the side of a river...the beast was both cheap and evil.

My major move to this scenario was when JVK, an extremely helpful and impressive contributor imo, said that "Mark" wandered down 4th, on the way to Maple. I had previously read that this was the area of "void" where LB disappeared, so it struck me that, even in this small village, "Mark" was spot on in the area where LB seemed to completely vanish. My thoughts were that there is no better extremely fast vanishing point than a house no more than 20 feet from abduction. Grab, cover mouth, and run to the back door, no more than 30 seconds. I've seen drunks who, at first vision, seem completely inebriated and at a loss of any control suddenly turn into ninja-like animals when the adrenalin kicks in. I would really like to have some of the "locals" in the community begin to check into the identity of "Mark" and help us out with this guy. It would be fantastic if JVK would even commit herself more by seeing if she can find this Mark again and even get a photo.

In any event, I apologize for not realizing that you are of the better sex :D, and thank you for your response. It would be so excellent if some way this tragedy could be resolved without a death. My heart shouts out to the powers that be to bring LB back still breathing. I want that so much it hurts.

Cheers

Hi Elepher50, I think that google earth will help you out with the school location, she was going into grade 6 so the elementary school (grade 5) is at the south end of the village on McCleary road. You can see it clearly using google earth. I wondered the same thing so checked it out a few days ago. I'm a teacher so it was one of the first things I needed to know.

It's called McCleary Elementary School...go figure :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member