WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped:

What I didn't see was a pix of Lindsey's school (I may have missed it). I didn't see a fire station (may have missed it). Didn't see any local movie theatre (may have missed it). Didn't see any local emergency centre ( may have missed it). There are many poles in the town w/o posted pictures of Lindsey missing - Subway had a huge billboard but it wasn't mentioning that Lindsey was missing (could be more posters and signs now).

Rambling thoughts coming from an unsettled mind as to what really happened.

Does anybody know where Lndsey's school is in the town, does anybody know if any bicycles were reported missing, do we know if mother Melissa has any male friends, how far is Lindsey's school from the last place she was sighted? Were the scent dogs taken to various parts of the town?

I didn't see any uncovered manholes for her to vanish into ......

The school in McCleary is at the top of the hill straight up Main Street. You can see the edge of the school from 3rd when you're headed toward highway 8. It has been undergoing renovations for the last year or so and they just removed the portables within the last month that some of the classes were in while work was done on the school. The school is approx. 6 blocks from where she was last sighted (dependent on which path you would choose to take).

The fire station is behind the police station between the park and the park and ride.

There isn't a movie theater in town.

No local emergency center.

As for signs around town...there still aren't posters on every pole, and I haven't noticed if subway has a message on their sign, but every business in town has at least one flier on the windows/doors and so do all the businesses I've been to in Elma lately. There are also some large signs right along st rte. 108 by the park.

I think Mark should be investigated if for no other reason his disparaging comments about a missing 10yo child! Drunk or not, what's he doing reaching into the depths of negativity to give info on Lindsey? Makes me think he's a lonely man who makes conversation for attention. mho

This case has a great deal of speculation involved. We have been told by the mod of the Lindsey threads not to discuss Mom K's comments. Mom Baum seems to have stopped talking to the media (probably on the advice of her X-husband), and LE are ever so quite in their updates. This leaves just about all theories open. For myself, I tend to go with the odds of previous cases. Yes I think this is a male pedophile, but as elpher50 points out, it may not be. We are all gathered here to help find Lindsey. I don't feel our speculation and theories are in vein.

SeriouslySearching said...Where I get lost is what could he have done with her once he grabbed her if he was not in a vehicle? Does he own a vehicle? Does he have access to a work vehicle?

Excellent question, I thought the same myself, then I thought...maybe she's still alive, all taped up in his home. Think about that Austrian who kept his daughter for decades in his basement enclosure, and that New York 60 year old retired grocer who kidnapped a number of girls, silently, and nobody knew until they escaped. A bit dramatic, yes, but clearly demonstrates that some innocent child can be kidnapped off a street, and kept in some basement --still alive--without anyone knowing.

If he "lives" on Maple street he doesn't need to move her, no vehicle necessary.

Unfortunately, to date that is the "best" scenario, besides running away, which has no evidential support. This girl disappeared into thin air, and the major highways running through the village are not supportive of some "dude" coming into town and accidentally spotting LB. Both major throughways do not go anywhere down Maple. Why would a visitor suddenly drive down Maple? Even the "bars" in town are not on Maple. Just some considerations.

Snipped:

Unfortunately, to date that is the "best" scenario, besides running away, which has no evidential support. This girl disappeared into thin air, and the major highways running through the village are not supportive of some "dude" coming into town and accidentally spotting LB. Both major throughways do not go anywhere down Maple. Why would a visitor suddenly drive down Maple? Even the "bars" in town are not on Maple. Just some considerations.

It's actually not a complete stretch...if it's someone who's been through town before. There's a gas station at the juncture of 4th and Simpson...and behind that gas station along 4th on the other side of "Simpson Alley" is the post office...and just past that the library. People have been known to leave the gas station onto 4th, go down to Maple, then take Maple over to 3rd and take 3rd up to the freeway. I know it's not a real strong possiblility...but anything is still possible.

McCleary, you are an amazing advantage in this sleuthing because you live in McCleary. I would love to know what you know about anything related to this "Mark" individual. Have you ever seen this person? Do you have any idea where he lives?

Etc.

Thanks so much for anything you can offer.

Wow you guys are great as usual!

Do we know if Mama Baum has any male friends since moving to Washington?

McCleary, again, you are an amazing help in this search. Please give some consideration to who either Mark may be or the dude who Mark convicts of the trouble. Even if you are not sure, a guess would be excellent, thanks so much for your input

McCleary, you are an amazing advantage in this sleuthing because you live in McCleary. I would love to know what you know about anything related to this "Mark" individual. Have you ever seen this person? Do you have any idea where he lives?

Etc.

Thanks so much for anything you can offer.

I don't actually know anything about him. I live a few miles outside of town and drive through everyday on my way to Olympia, but don't spend much time in town for anything except grocery shopping and gas. I'm planning on spending some time in town this coming week walking around seeing what's different since I was in high school, which is the last time I spent much time around there.

I would love it if you were ready and willing to go to that gas station/bar at about the same time as the trouble, 9:15 just to see if you find "Mark". Of course it's asking a whole lot, and too much, but I'll tell you honestly, if I could do that I would in one second. Unfortunately I live a long long way from your location, so it isn't even a possibility. Please, think about it and share the results...for LB! Love ya

McCleary, if you have a chance, have a bit of a chat with some of the locals just to see if they have any idea who this "Mark" is. McCleary, this is a begging request to you and nothing more, I'm sure that LB would appreciate your efforts. Thanks my friend.

Do we know if Mama Baum has any male friends since moving to Washington?
This is one thing I have been curious about myself. Who has she dated or been hanging out with since she arrived in Elma? There has been nothing said that I am aware of and I want to know the answer. It is important to know who she has been with covering the time she has been there in total.

I also want to know why they took Lindsey and her brother out of Elma schools which hasn't been uncovered yet. There must be a reason they were not happy there and made a move.

Are these two things related in any way? (Mom dating and moving?)

I would love it if you were ready and willing to go to that gas station/bar at about the same time as the trouble, 9:15 just to see if you find "Mark". Of course it's asking a whole lot, and too much, but I'll tell you honestly, if I could do that I would in one second. Unfortunately I live a long long way from your location, so it isn't even a possibility. Please, think about it and share the results...for LB! Love ya
LOL I can see us both bellied up to the bar and buying house rounds in order to get some lips to wagging. ;) I would do it in a New York Minute!

This is one thing I have been curious about myself. Who has she dated or been hanging out with since she arrived in Elma? There has been nothing said that I am aware of and I want to know the answer. It is important to know who she has been with covering the time she has been there in total.

I also want to know why they took Lindsey and her brother out of Elma schools which hasn't been uncovered yet. There must be a reason they were not happy there and made a move.

Are these two things related in any way? (Mom dating and moving?)

I don't know anything about her relationship status...but I would think she put the kids into the McCleary school because she lived closer...not to mention it's a better school as far as getting an education.

One thing that's been poking at my mind today is somthing I think I read in an article, but haven't been able to find (of course, I haven't had a lot of time to read them all) but it said something about the Baum's dollar store in Elma. I went to the store a couple months ago and there were a man and a woman there, and they said it was theirs. Unfortunately I don't remember what the woman looked like, so I don't know if it was MB, but the comment about her relationships nagged the incident back into my mind.

Unfortunately I have responsibilities that won't allow me to do that. I'm a full time college student and single mother of 2. I don't go out in the evenings much, and not at all without my kids. Not exactly a place I could take them.

SeriouslySearching, you bring up some excellent questions about her life force and what she was experiencing, and I sincerely appreciate your consideration of these things, emotive things the child was going through, clearly you are a professional.

My response to your suggestions is that whatever happened anywhere else LB was happy about where she was when this strange loss occurred. One of her best friends asked her where she would like to be if she ever decided to run away. Her answer was that she would want to remain in McCleary, and that is powerful to me. And shameful to the god awful moron who probably took advantage of her. I just hope against hope that the animal left her breathing.

McCleary, if you could find a contact, someone who is not as occupied as you, give them a shout, please, and that would be appreciated. I appreciate your input, from the scene of the crime, and thank you for helping all of us try to find some closure to this ridiculous pile of craziness. If this girl ends up dead I will freak out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home