WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the original phone interview on Komo 4 at noon the second incomand sherrif stated they were focusing on the neighborhood around Lindsey's home and I think he stated initially a three block area. Reports following said a six block area and other locationsas well. Listening to this report took me back to FBI forensics (like Caylee case) giving stats about mothers who kill seem to place the child within a close proxcimety to home. Then we have the Sandra Cantu case of the female neighbor doing her dirty deed with the body not far from home. Other cases have been mentioned in post above where the child is so close to home. This leads me to believe their addressing these avenues of thought working off FBI's profiling within a radius close to home. If the search takes a different direction after tomorrows possible search we will know if LE is at a standstill and truly did do this form of search in order to exclude lindsey's immediate area. I wonder if FBI accompanied any of the officers today?

we're at 76 right now in ohio, in between a couple of thunderstorms. crickets are chirping away....going to be a great night sleeping :)

hope you guys get some relief soon! i like it hot but not like that.

i was hoping there'd be some news here. *sigh*

I would rather have one of you guys here in my nice cool house. Then someone else could kill the HUGE wolf spider that has taken up residence in my bathroom. ACK

He's about this long: _______________ without his legs.

Back on topic: Is is possible that LE did a house to house search briefly to appease the media and then take off to the area they really wanted to search. Just asking. It would explain why none of our locals saw signs of a search.

Great thought, NMK, from what I heard in the live feed, though, it appeared that they divided off into 2 groups, one group searching house to house seemingly without dogs in that Maple Street area, and another group searching outlying areas with the dogs.

I hate to note this and to be gruesome, but with the weather around there being as hot as it has been, I think that if Lindsey were no longer with us and her remains were out in the open in the area they would have been found by now due to the smell of human decomposition. And by the same token, if LE is beginning door to door searches, I think that the minute they enter a home the smell will be evident as well.

Yes LLLindsayy, I think with a good cadaver dog the minute he hit the front door his nose would start sending signals to his brain.

The dogs don't usually go right to the spot. They run around, go back and forth, circle the spot and then BAMM, they alert. They get excited while searching. I have watched cadaver dog searches on video.

And that is because of the way the scent hits their nose. To make it simple, the chemical 'unit' of the death scent wafts thru the air and the dog sniffs it when it enters his nose. The closer he gets to the origin of the chemical 'unit's' the more waftings enter his nose, telling him he is on the right track. If he veers to much to the right or left he might lose the waftings floating about in the air and have to refind them, so to speak.

Eventually, when enough wafts have hit all the right parts of the sensory system in his nose, that tells him it is the origin of the scent and he stops to alert in the way he has been taught.

I don't have a link for that, but I did a lot of research on this subject studying the Madeleine McCann case. Wish I would have saved it as there is very little written about how the dog's nose works in sniffing a human scent.

I'd like them to take a look at receipts for the businesses in the area like the shell station, hoagie shop, restraunts, video shop ect to see who was there in the hours preceding this disappearance. I just feel like it was someone who saw the girls earlier maybe several times, then just happen to still be in the area and saw Lindsey alone. I have wondered if someone filling their car could see her walking down Maple alone.

In the original phone interview on Komo 4 at noon the second incomand sherrif stated they were focusing on the neighborhood around Lindsey's home and I think he stated initially a three block area. Reports following said a six block area and other locationsas well. Listening to this report took me back to FBI forensics (like Caylee case) giving stats about mothers who kill seem to place the child within a close proxcimety to home. Then we have the Sandra Cantu case of the female neighbor doing her dirty deed with the body not far from home. Other cases have been mentioned in post above where the child is so close to home. This leads me to believe their addressing these avenues of thought working off FBI's profiling within a radius close to home. If the search takes a different direction after tomorrows possible search we will know if LE is at a standstill and truly did do this form of search in order to exclude lindsey's immediate area. I wonder if FBI accompanied any of the officers today?

That's interesting K, that there appeared to be more than one search block area, one specifically focusing on the MB home area rather than the Maple street blocks in question. That would REALLY send me spiralling back to some of my previous considerations rather than simply the abduction and take-off out of town.

If there is any way that the actual search area focus can be verified (not the outlying woody areas, I'm referring to "blocks" in town). Any help would be appreciated. For example:

Search 1 - Mommsen, between such and such and such and such
Search 2 - Maple between 4th and 6th
Search 3 - ???

Guessing on the above will just cause confusion, imo.

I do believe Lindsey's body will be recovered within 0.5 miles of her home. I can't remember where I read that most murdered children are recovered within that distance of their home but I remember reading it somewhere. It could have even been that children murdered by their parents are recovered within that radius...nonetheless I just think she will be found very close to where she was last seen, which was very close to her home.
I pray they find her soon and the sick monster who took her. JMO

Normcar 21,

You recently posted about the report by someone from Roy, WA, about a young girl (about Lindsey's age) being (forcefully?) led down a highway near Roy and Ft. Lewis by two "big men." This reminds me that the second "sighting" in Hoodsport was said to be by a woman who thinks she saw Lindsey, but who was afraid to get out of her car to approach Lindsey, fearing that her own safety would be compromised by the two "big men" who -- apparently -- were accompanying Lindsey. The woman from Hoodsport did contact LE, IIRC. MOO.

Any thoughts? Comments? TIA.

Here he is; if there could be something to it, I don't know where to put him...he isn't local and our SO thread is.
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/jul/07/bn07arrest-kidnap/
http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local...empted-Kidnapping/0i3vgZidb0yiU5ucVUdW_Q.cspx

Variations in starting letter of first name:
http://preview.ussearch.com/preview...City=&searchState=&searchApproxAge=&x=74&y=33

I can't make a connection to the families in Washington State with the same last name. Maybe someone else can?

Does McCleary have a place the teenagers use like a lover lane type place or somewhere the kids hang out to party. Or use to party I mean like 10 years ago, or even longer.

As far as decomp smell...I realize that the gases are released right away, but my prior tenants (used to rent this house before my ex and I split) were deer hunters and they irresponsibly left deer carcasses on the side of my garage. (Yeah, gross!) Anyway, they've been gone a year and a half and it STILL smells like dead animal over there! And it gets REALLY bad in the summer when it is hotter! Thank goodness it is too hot for me to walk over there now and give you a report! I'm not going!

Normcar 21,

You recently posted about the report by someone from Roy, WA, about a young girl (about Lindsey's age) being (forcefully?) led down a highway near Roy and Ft. Lewis by two "big men." This reminds me that the second "sighting" in Hoodsport was said to be by a woman who thinks she saw Lindsey, but who was afraid to get out of her car to approach Lindsey, fearing that her own safety would be compromised by the two "big men" who -- apparently -- were accompanying Lindsey. The woman from Hoodsport did contact LE, IIRC.

MOO.

I agree, it is clearly disconcerting to hear about all of these apparent attempted or successful abductions of children on primary and secondary highways surrounding the area. It just fits with the scenario in McClearly, which is knitted with major and minor highways cutting in and out of the town. It's just sickening to hear about all of these reports. :bang:

Variations in starting letter of first name:
http://preview.ussearch.com/preview...City=&searchState=&searchApproxAge=&x=74&y=33

I can't make a connection to the families in Washington State with the same last name. Maybe someone else can?

Makes me wonder what origin the last name has...because it sounds slightly polynesian...which could relate him to any number of people with a different last name but strong family ties in cultural ways...I have cousins who are half Samoan and it makes for really strong ties to anyone else they know within the culture.

Normcar 21,

You recently posted about the report by someone from Roy, WA, about a young girl (about Lindsey's age) being (forcefully?) led down a highway near Roy and Ft. Lewis by two "big men." This reminds me that the second "sighting" in Hoodsport was said to be by a woman who thinks she saw Lindsey, but who was afraid to get out of her car to approach Lindsey, fearing that her own safety would be compromised by the two "big men" who -- apparently -- were accompanying Lindsey. The woman from Hoodsport did contact LE, IIRC. MOO.

Any thoughts? Comments? TIA.

Hi Track, I didn't realize both of those sightings involved two 'big men'. Interesting. Maybe that is why Pierce County is involved in the search.

The most troubling thing for me about the area surrounding ML's home is the distinct lack of dog scent in both searches. However, I guess it's too early to discern whether or not scent was found in this more recent search. Perhaps, as C indicated earlier, the search was early in the morning, which would make sense to me since it has been indicated that "heat" does not help scent dogs find their scent. A bit of a semi-dewed up morning search would clearly be more successful, but it doesn't sound like y'all are getting anything close to an early morning mist in your area at the moment.

The complete lack of scent evidence is extremely disconcerting because nobody knows it it's just the crappy dogs, the heat, or other. What is even more of a piss off is why it took Pierce county LE "professional doggies" to take almost a MONTH to decide get get their fuzzy butts down here to do another search.

The "only" scent that I know of, besides a tiny bit of scent somewhere in the park-n-ride, was in the Maple street "vanishing point" area. And that is why I'm personally gravitating to that area as the most distinct possibility (with the multiplicity of child abductions and rapes in the surrounding municipalities heightening my choice for now).

As far as decomp smell...I realize that the gases are released right away, but my prior tenants (used to rent this house before my ex and I split) were deer hunters and they irresponsibly left deer carcasses on the side of my garage. (Yeah, gross!) Anyway, they've been gone a year and a half and it STILL smells like dead animal over there! And it gets REALLY bad in the summer when it is hotter! Thank goodness it is too hot for me to walk over there now and give you a report! I'm not going!

Kimster, you have to take one for the team. :) Go sniff. :woohoo:

Norm between both of the sitings you and trac have posted it just adds to the confusion we are all feeling concerning "What direction is LE taking?" What ever happens or not in Mc Cleary tomorrow makes for an important day in this case to see what takes place. I hope tomorrow brings some form of peace for all involved, if only to exclude the friends and family of any form of wrong doing leading the police towards another direction.

Kimster, you have to take one for the team. :) Go sniff. :woohoo:

I won't go!
smiley28.gif

Norm between both of the sitings you and trac have posted it just adds to the confusion we are all feeling concerning "What direction is LE taking?" What ever happens or not in Mc Cleary tomorrow makes for an important day in this case to see what takes place. I hope tomorrow brings some form of peace for all involved, if only to exclude the friends and family of any form of wrong doing leading the police towards another direction.

It might be too that the FBI is quietly pulling out and felt that pierce county was the next best choice with their resources. I know that when I am working on code, it helps to step away for a bit and come back to it. In the case of a missing girl, you can't just step away, so the next best thing would be to bring in new eyes and with different perspectives.

This is a puzzle my friends and like all puzzles, you establish the edges and work inward. And sometimes you are staring at the very piece you need and don't even realize it because you are too close to it. Someone else walks up and goes, "Oh, that goes right there."

They are still trying to find the edges. That's how I would best describe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member