WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be a lot easier than some might think for her to find a code to the lockbox. I used to be a Realtor and when I would show houses, I would call the office of the listing agent to schedule the showing. Sometimes they would call me back to confirm the showing but most of the time if the house was vacant they could just confirm it right away on the phone with any other instructions like "take off your shoes" "turn off all of the lights before you leave" etc. Usually I'd just print out the mls info and write the lockbox combo and any additional instructions on it. While going through the house, I would write down any questions or feedback from my clients on it and I would keep all of the printouts from the houses I'd shown them in their file. Had my children been old enough to go through the files, they could've easily found lockbox codes.

Never thought of it that way until now. I guess it's good that I'm no longer in real estate. :waitasec::doh:

What does this mean? (Forgive my ignorance, LOL).

It has a coastal development firm listed as 2010 owners. Maybe they recently purchased it and the bank repo info wasn't taken off listings until the last couple of days?

ETA- or maybe the development firm has recently gone into foreclosure on it and so the bank repo is new?

License Information: Entity Name:SPRINGER DEVELOPMENT, LLC Firm Name:SPRINGER DEVELOPMENT, LLC License Type:Washington State Business Entity Type:Limited Liability Company UBI:602861377 Business ID:001 Location ID:0001 StatusTo check the status of this company, go to Secretary of State..

Location Address: 10 S 1ST AVE
WALLA WALLA, WA, 99362-1942
Mailing Address: PO BOX 907
WALLA WALLA, WA, 99362-0265

Governing People: BANNER BANK

The governing body of the LLC is a Bank. I imagine this is a division of the bank that deals with foreclosures?

JV updated MS "display name" to:

"I will always love you Kenzi"

Telling...?

This is getting confusing, LOL. OK- JV, JO, and JVW are all different people AFAIK from all online sources found.

This is getting confusing, LOL. OK- JV, JO, and JVW are all different people AFAIK from all online sources found.

It DOES get confusing, girl ... that's why I quit following a lot of the cases I'd love to follow. I can't figure out who the heck all the initialed people are. Back in the 'good ole days', it wasn't quite so strict. But we can't go ruining people's reputations and/or having the WS owner being sued.

But, I think you're getting the hang of it! ;)

I tend to get the feeling DCSO and the FBI already have a line on someone and are just waiting forensic proof. The recent language from DCSO spokespersons tends to lean towards that, as well as the urgent caution on speculating on "whodunnit".

The language went from very frantic, unorganized, almost panicky to a near surreal serious calm from the local agencies. I think the dog has identified the Rabbit, but is just waiting for the hunter to come around the bend.

I tend to get the feeling DCSO and the FBI already have a line on someone and are just waiting forensic proof. The recent language from DCSO spokespersons tends to lean towards that, as well as the urgent caution on speculating on "whodunnit".

The language went from very frantic, unorganized, almost panicky to a near surreal serious calm from the local agencies. I think the dog has identified the Rabbit, but is just waiting for the hunter to come around the bend.

I do too. The most recent statement was "when", not "if". I think they've had a good idea from the beginning.

I do too. The most recent statement was "when", not "if". I think they've had a good idea from the beginning.

Well I hope the state crime lab gets what they need soon... the longer it drags on with nothing coming out of any of the local agencies, the more rumor and panic will strangle the area.

That's another interesting thing: nearly daily updates and then... silence. Even the updates are just confirming they're shutting up.

wow... this is just the strangest case in terms of logistics (ie, where she was last seen driving east from beauty school,to where her body was found...behind an empty house in an exclusive area; an area that, according to locals, that was less inhabited in the off season but was an area where strangers would be noticed, and finally back to the area where her car was left locked with a set of strange tracks next to it.

Considering the house... where LE is hinting that she was killed (evidence found allegedly inside the home as well), I really have a nagging suspicion that killer has some sort of tie to that house specifically or that area in general. The killer would have had to know the house was unoccupied.. I do not see a stranger/person unkown to the house and area driving by a house with a for sale sign in the yard randomly choosing this location. A for sale sign does not indicate no one is home.

Than there is the circuitous pattern of the car drop off; the killer drives back from the home toward Wenatchee to plant the car. This makes me think that he was able to walk away from the plant back to his own car/home.

While LE has not said much about cell pings in re: to location, it is possible to do a little deductive logic. We know that she left beauty school at 1530. And we know her car was found at eight pm. We now have this statement from LE:

Jones says investigators are specifically asking for tips relating to any person or persons seen walking down from the Pitcher Canyon area towards Wenatchee along Squilchuck Highway or the southern portion of Methow St on Tuesday, February 9th between the hours of 5 – 8PM.
http://www.kpq.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1846

considering this info is it possible to deduct that the TOD was most likely before five pm and NLT eight pm when the car was noticed to be parked on the property? Also... why does LE give five pm??? Could the last text message sent at 1645 have pinged in the area of where the car was found? Could the killer have sent the text that many here at websleuths have found puzzling as to the content "hey.."? If this is the case than the perp would also have known who her boyfriend was to send the text to.

What it boils down to in my mind is theory:

1) she leaves beauty school at 1530 and drives east. She picks up someone in town and they drive to the house
2) she is killed and left there
3) **again theory** the killer texts her boyfriend from her cell phone to throw off any suspicion until he can get safely away (why else would LE consider the perp was walking away from the place the car was dumped literally 15 minutes after the text was sent??? She most obviously would have had to be dead by then if this was the case... if they feel he could have been walking at that time)
4) he walks back home or to where he left his own car

it is my opinion that this was someone that knew her, knew all the areas, and had a rage or revenge issue with her. again moo

Reading through the comments int the Wenworld article "County mum on autopsy results..., there is someone posting who says they have been very good friends with BF for 7 years. Started posting around 4:30 today with a username that begins with S and has 2 numbers in it. Initials in parenthesis are (s s).

I looked up this person on MySpace and this person is from Pateros and went to school there from 2004 to 2007, graduating in 07, just like JV who happens to be in her top 14 friends.

I thought this was a "Eureka" moment as far as who BF is until I remembered that BF's age has been published as 17, and JV is 21.

I know this may be a stretch... any thought that this might be connected to Lindsey Baum?? Like I said, I know it's a stretch... a LOT of differences in the two cases. And a LOT of evidence that a local was involved in Lindsey's case (and maybe MacKenzie's too)...
but, I'm just thinkin out loud here... Looking at google maps, the route between the two girls' hometowns is a pretty straight shot...
Again, just pondering....

wow... this is just the strangest case in terms of logistics (ie, where she was last seen driving east from beauty school,to where her body was found...behind an empty house in an exclusive area; an area that, according to locals, that was less inhabited in the off season but was an area where strangers would be noticed, and finally back to the area where her car was left locked with a set of strange tracks next to it.

Considering the house... where LE is hinting that she was killed (evidence found allegedly inside the home as well), I really have a nagging suspicion that killer has some sort of tie to that house specifically or that area in general. The killer would have had to know the house was unoccupied.. I do not see a stranger/person unkown to the house and area driving by a house with a for sale sign in the yard randomly choosing this location. A for sale sign does not indicate no one is home.

Than there is the circuitous pattern of the car drop off; the killer drives back from the home toward Wenatchee to plant the car. This makes me think that he was able to walk away from the plant back to his own car/home.

While LE has not said much about cell pings in re: to location, it is possible to do a little deductive logic. We know that she left beauty school at 1530. And we know her car was found at eight pm. We now have this statement from LE:

http://www.kpq.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1846

considering this info is it possible to deduct that the TOD was most likely before five pm and NLT eight pm when the car was noticed to be parked on the property? Also... why does LE give five pm??? Could the last text message sent at 1645 have pinged in the area of where the car was found? Could the killer have sent the text that many here at websleuths have found puzzling as to the content "hey.."? If this is the case than the perp would also have known who her boyfriend was to send the text to.

What it boils down to in my mind is theory:

1) she leaves beauty school at 1530 and drives east. She picks up someone in town and they drive to the house
2) she is killed and left there
3) **again theory** the killer texts her boyfriend from her cell phone to throw off any suspicion until he can get safely away (why else would LE consider the perp was walking away from the place the car was dumped literally 15 minutes after the text was sent??? She most obviously would have had to be dead by then if this was the case... if they feel he could have been walking at that time)
4) he walks back home or to where he left his own car

it is my opinion that this was someone that knew her, knew all the areas, and had a rage or revenge issue with her. again moo

5 PM MUST have to do with the last ping. Rider previously posted that there's a lot of dead air between there and here. Some good thoughts you have. I hadn't thought of the possibility that the text may have been made as a diversion by the perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne