WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeking, can you show for certain that JVW and Mackenzie are connected in any way? Via Facebook, MS or anything? I haven't found any connection. Also, JO at editred has been writing poetry on that site for at least the last year under 2 names. Why would JVW sign up for editred under JO's name a year ago? How would he even know a high school kids name in order to impersonate him?

Also, if you think you know something, I hope you called the tip line. We love to sleuth here but can't really do anything concrete if you know what I mean.

JVW's decription on his facebook says he works in the family business. in the orchard..wasn't there mention of a ochard near this house???

Yes, but honestly there are orchards EVERYWHERE around Wenatchee. It's otherwise known as the "Apple Capital of the World". There are many thousands of seasonal workers and thousands of full time orchard industry workers. Small and large orchard owners and businesses. You see isolated small orchards that are just family hobbies, and huge corporations that run thousands of acres.

I've alerted Salem to this thread, hope she can give some assistance. She's a forum leader :)

if you hit the alert button on the post(s), the message goes straight to a moderator & one of them will be here as soon as they can

Seeking, can you show for certain that JVW and Mackenzie are connected in any way? Via Facebook, MS or anything? I haven't found any connection. Also, JO at editred has been writing poetry on that site for at least the last year under 2 names. Why would JVW sign up for editred under JO's name a year ago? How would he even know a high school kids name in order to impersonate him?

Also, if you think you know something, I hope you called the tip line. We love to sleuth here but can't really do anything concrete if you know what I mean.

yeah I can't find anything either ... & I also checked out the T person that was claimed to be his mistress ... nada

1) Very unlike this occured.
2) No word on this anywhere. Rumor mill is in full swing, treat everything as a possible lie until reported in the news. Even things on here. It's all conjecture and theorizing here.

Hello all, I found this site via google. I knew the girl that died, and my girlfriend knew her, and my girlfriends friend was best friends with her.

Just FYI. Now, I heard, from an adult that there was a photo taken of her dead on the beach, and posted on facebook. Can anyone verify this? Its really troubling my girlfriend, and I need to know if she might possibly stumble across it or not.

Hello all, I found this site via google. I knew the girl that died, and my girlfriend knew her, and my girlfriends friend was best friends with her.

Just FYI. Now, I heard, from an adult that there was a photo taken of her dead on the beach, and posted on facebook. Can anyone verify this? Its really troubling my girlfriend, and I need to know if she might possibly stumble across it or not.

welcome ArrizX and sorry for your loss

no one here has found or posted anything about that

I'm leaning toward it being a disgusting rumour

I sure hope to heavens not! I really don't think FB would allow any such thing, would they?!?!

You have a better chance of being mauled by a polar bear and a black bear in the same day than this being allowed on FB.

ok, well I just found a FB link between T and JO (through a mutual 'friend') but I'm not so sure it means anything

it's a small town and everyone knows everyone right?

ETA: there's loads of connections so nothing special to see here (-;

I sure hope to heavens not! I really don't think FB would allow any such thing, would they?!?!

They dont have to approve it, it only gets looked over if its reported. There is no approval process.

It very well could have been there til someone reported it.

ok, well I just found a FB link between T and JO (through a mutual 'friend') but I'm not so sure it means anything

it's a small town and everyone knows everyone right?

ETA: there's loads of connections so nothing special to see here (-;

There are definitely fewer degrees of separation here. Only one high school on each side of the river.

They dont have to approve it, it only gets looked over if its reported. There is no approval process.

it'd be easy to nail the perp if that were true

if something like that was reported to FB, I'm fairly certain FB would notify LE immediately

they delete a lot of offensive stuff daily but I'm thinking a photo like that would be out of the norm and 'cause for alarm

they probably even have some kind of clause that requires them to report anything that might be criminal in nature

There are definitely fewer degrees of separation here. Only one high school on each side of the river.

How do you guys know so much about this and the area? is this forum based out of Wenatchee? Are lots of members from here? Do you get paid to research this? I'm confused

How do you guys know so much about this and the area? is this forum based out of Wenatchee? Are lots of members from here? Do you get paid to research this? I'm confused

there's a few members that are from the area

ETA: I'm not one of them
but if you browse the site, there are many forums for all over the world I think ... there are certainly members from all over the world and they find this site the way you did through google (-;

Someone give me a hint who "T" is, please. I'm losing it with all the rumors and such and the sleep deprivation.

Someone give me a hint who "T" is, please. I'm losing it with all the rumors and such and the sleep deprivation.

sorry - in the post about JVW - his mistress?
I don't think she's relevant anyway

previous page - post # 452

(-;

Arriz -
Some are locals, most are not. Just a bunch of people interested in solving crime, helping find people, and making friends along the way.

Scroll down the page, to the "Missing/Located Forum" icon and you will see pages and pages and pages of people who met similar demises as MacKenzie or are still missing. And members trying to help bring justice to their cases.

No one gets paid, Arriz ... some do get 'rewarded' --- in their hearts.

ETA: Forgot to Welcome you to websleuths, Arriz! :) It's been a looonnng day!

Hi ArrizX - welcome to Websleuths. We appreciate having input from folks that are local to the area. However, if you are going to post as one 'in the know' so to speak, you need to check in with Tricia, the owner of Websleuths. You can just send her an email: Tricia Griffith
tgrif@xmission.com
and let her know who you are and your relationship to the case.

Also, are you 18 or over?

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

Salem

There's been a lot of speculation about an ex-boyfriend but I wonder if this could have been done or ordered by an ex-girlfriend of her current boyfriend.

I dont understand why I need to email her? Do you guys not believe me? Even if you don't how could she possibly verify? Why cant she email me?

I will email her after I get a little reasoning :waitasec:
Yes, i'm 19.

It's no big deal. It is not uncommon for folks to come on here and say they are close to a case and start posting things that are not true or try to deflect a discussion.

I think at this point that everyone believes you. I don't think that is an issue. Tricia will not email you because she doesn't keep tabs on all the posters here. I hope you understand. It is only necessary because you are posting as someone who knew the victim.

Most of us are miles and miles away, so we rely a lot on information we receive from folks close to a case.

Thanks,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members