WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any idea if it's related or not, but I saw a low flying helicopter cruising Burch Mountain today (above Sunnyslope). More searching maybe? I think it's a little early in the season to be looking for "pot grows".

I live across the river from Burch Mt. and they were flying here a couple days last week.

I'm local and I figure the only thing the person did not plan was that there would be a search party looking for a snowmobiler on the other side of the river. The way to the Clockum pass where he was missing is to go down past Alcoa along the river then up the pass. I'm not sure if from CB you could see the activity but you sure would hear the helicopters. It was very cloudy so they would have been flying low.

Welcome!

This is a nice view, of sorts.

Attachments

• IMGP1407.jpg
    IMGP1407.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 80
snipped
I don't imagine the Academy is open for client's after regular business hours. Since MC was still a student, I doubt she took her tools home with her, if she even had her own scissors and clippers, etc. yet.

Do you think that with the animosity of their relationship (that has been rumored) she would give him a haircut anyway or that he would let her. He may have ended up bald.

Well my rumor may have already come up...and seems waaaaay out there...but here goes anyway...I heard she was decapitated...(ugh)...but since one of the COD's was strangulation, I'm pretty sure that couldn't be possible...maybe just got misconstrued...(I hated to say that)

Who does that kind of thing? Especially with all this going on...are they trying to freak people out? I have been scared to get gas!

The ONE positive thing that may come from all of this is awareness. Always be FOCUSED on your surroundings. Take nothing for granted and teach your children/grandchildren the same harsh truths...Don't be a victim...

So, why does this matter? I don't know who he lived with before, but I'm sure he just didn't want to be alone.

My brother's wife died suddenly a year ago and he moved in with my parents. I think this is a common and expected thing to do???[/QUOT

It means MC went to Target after she left the Academy before JV got off work at 4. JV has his own place on Millerdale, which, IMO, is withing hiking distance of PC? IDK, I gotta map it. It's inconsequential to me that he didn't want to be alone and stayed with a friend. However; it makes that rumor pretty much fact, IMO.

Do you think that with the animosity of their relationship (that has been rumored) she would give him a haircut anyway or that he would let her. He may have ended up bald.

Yeah.........something tells me he wouldn't let her cut his hair. :)

This is a nice view, of sorts.

This looks like it was taken around the same time that the other pics you posted?

I viewed many of them, not this one. I viewed several again from pics MellissaW saved and re-posted. I don't remember seeing this one, and I do not see a buoy. Have been looking at pics to see if a buoy is visible (as previously discussed).

Have any other posters, recently at CB, recalled seeing a white buoy while there. What happened to the white buoy?

The ONE positive thing that may come from all of this is awareness. Always be FOCUSED on your surroundings. Take nothing for granted and teach your children/grandchildren the same harsh truths...Don't be a victim...

I have been approached by men twice. Once while pumping gas and once while loading up groceries. At the gas station, it was lit up like noon and there were several other people gassing up! He wanted me to sniff perfume. I got right in the car and locked the doors. At the grocery store, I was lucky. He was asking for money and there were other men in the car he had gotten out of right next to mine. These days, I carry a zapper in the palm of my hand and a million volts will pass between me and the next one! I will run once I see lightning bolts coming from his eyes or his pants are soiled.........or both. I bought 6 of them for all my girls and nieces. They were stocking stuffers last Christmas! :Banane36:

That's the best comment I've heard all day! Thanks for brightening my mood! :rolling:

Wouldn't it be interesting to sleuth guests? Just to see who's watching...

Since it's possible, and yes even probable, that the perpetrator of this crime could be a "guest" it seems like a good time to go over all possibile scenarios!?

I'm local and I figure the only thing the person did not plan was that there would be a search party looking for a snowmobiler on the other side of the river. The way to the Clockum pass where he was missing is to go down past Alcoa along the river then up the pass. I'm not sure if from CB you could see the activity but you sure would hear the helicopters. It was very cloudy so they would have been flying low.

Hi and welcome to websleuths, mulberry! I think we must be close to a record number of people posting about a case that are locals to the case. We love the local input here at WS! :)

Anywho, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that this elderly gentleman didn't go missing until Wednesday. Either that or the searches for him didn't begin until Wednesday. By then, Mackenzie was most likely already placed at her final destination at CB. MOO.

This is "the clearing."

Attachments

• IMGP1321.jpg
    IMGP1321.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 104
Well my rumor may have already come up...and seems waaaaay out there...but here goes anyway...I heard she was decapitated...(ugh)...but since one of the COD's was strangulation, I'm pretty sure that couldn't be possible...maybe just got misconstrued...(I hated to say that)

Heard that too. I'm thinking it would have happened after the strangulation as part of the plan to get rid of her. :frown:

Just some thoughts about video of MC on the day she went missing. I wonder if LE revealed all the conclusive video of MC that they have.

I wonder because in the case of Shantina Smiley and her son going missing near Olympia, within a short time LE released a video that consisted of (I think) three different videos of SS and her son taken at three different places. Apparently they did not think releasing the video would hurt the case too much.

Either LE in MC's case have released all they have, or they are sitting on more video. IMHO I don't see what harm there would be in releasing all the video they have just in case it would jog someone's memory. But then, I admit I'm not LE, so they might have good reason.

JMHO

Just some thoughts about video of MC on the day she went missing. I wonder if LE revealed all the conclusive video of MC that they have.

I wonder because in the case of Shantina Smiley and her son going missing near Olympia, within a short time LE released a video that consisted of (I think) three different videos of SS and her son taken at three different places. Apparently they did not think releasing the video would hurt the case too much.

Either LE in MC's case have released all they have, or they are sitting on more video. IMHO I don't see what harm there would be in releasing all the video they have just in case it would jog someone's memory. But then, I admit I'm not LE, so they might have good reason.

JMHO

IIRC, they have stated that they ARE sitting on additional video. I do not have a link readily available at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0