WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some thoughts about video of MC on the day she went missing. I wonder if LE revealed all the conclusive video of MC that they have.

I wonder because in the case of Shantina Smiley and her son going missing near Olympia, within a short time LE released a video that consisted of (I think) three different videos of SS and her son taken at three different places. Apparently they did not think releasing the video would hurt the case too much.

Either LE in MC's case have released all they have, or they are sitting on more video. IMHO I don't see what harm there would be in releasing all the video they have just in case it would jog someone's memory. But then, I admit I'm not LE, so they might have good reason.

JMHO

I think a notable difference is that SS and son are "missing" as opposed to dead. JMOO

This looks like it was taken around the same time that the other pics you posted?

I viewed many of them, not this one. I viewed several again from pics MellissaW saved and re-posted. I don't remember seeing this one, and I do not see a buoy. Have been looking at pics to see if a buoy is visible (as previously discussed).

Have any other posters, recently at CB, recalled seeing a white buoy while there. What happened to the white buoy?

I did see the buoy, giddyup. I can't attest to seeing it before the murder, however.

Speaking of CB, sorry to get a little off topic, but people are fighting on WW again. It seems many people view CB residents as elitists. Makes me sad. Just want everyone to try to not be judgmental of others and have a beer! :toast:

I did see the buoy, giddyup. I can't attest to seeing it before the murder, however.

Speaking of CB, sorry to get a little off topic, but people are fighting on WW again. It seems many people view CB residents as elitists. Makes me sad. Just want everyone to try to not be judgmental of others and have a beer! :toast:

Just to clarify, you saw the white buoy while at CB? If so, when?

If in a photo, please post. Thanks!

I saw the bickering also and thought to myself, HoppyFrog would NOT be puttin' up with that stuff!

Just some thoughts about video of MC on the day she went missing. I wonder if LE revealed all the conclusive video of MC that they have.

I wonder because in the case of Shantina Smiley and her son going missing near Olympia, within a short time LE released a video that consisted of (I think) three different videos of SS and her son taken at three different places. Apparently they did not think releasing the video would hurt the case too much.

Either LE in MC's case have released all they have, or they are sitting on more video. IMHO I don't see what harm there would be in releasing all the video they have just in case it would jog someone's memory. But then, I admit I'm not LE, so they might have good reason.

JMHO

Good point! I was thinking along the same lines this morning when Ms. Smiley's fiance and video clips were on Good Morning America making a plea for anyone who saw anything to please report to the authorities. Wonder why media didn't pick the story about MC up that quickly and then it didn't go to the network media until in the last few days when COD was released?! Doesn't that seem odd?

Just to clarify, you saw the white buoy while at CB? If so, when?

If in a photo, please post. Thanks!

I saw the white buoy the last time I was at CB which was the time I checked out the property. I didn't take any pictures at all though. del rio, do you have a picture with the white buoy?

Do you think that with the animosity of their relationship (that has been rumored) she would give him a haircut anyway or that he would let her. He may have ended up bald.

Pure speculation:

Your post reminded me of something that I've mulled over in my mind, more than once. I was pondering that IF (big IF) JF wanted to get Mackenzie to meet him (with ulterior motives on his mind), that he might have possibly used 'getting a haircut' as the ruse to do so. Possibly arranging for her to meet him at the spec house at whatever time, because he'd been working there (or elsewhere) and was pretty dirty and didn't want to go to his regular place. Perhaps offering her $$ for the haircut; or perhaps telling her he was too broke to go to his regular barber and pay for a cut. (I'd love to know IF she took her shears with her when she left the academy!)

Naturally, he might've mentioned to somebody that he planned on getting a haircut that day. Therefore, he (allegedly) shows up at his normal barber/stylist's to get his haircut at the end of his very hairy day!

Just some thoughts and speculation.

Good point! I was thinking along the same lines this morning when Ms. Smiley's fiance and video clips were on Good Morning America making a plea for anyone who saw anything to please report to the authorities. Wonder why media didn't pick the story about MC up that quickly and then it didn't go to the network media until in the last few days when COD was released?! Doesn't that seem odd?

Probably because no one in her family wanted to make a public plea? They need someone to speak for there to be a story usually. Its really too bad for MC.

I saw the white buoy the last time I was at CB which was the time I checked out the property. I didn't take any pictures at all though. del rio, do you have a picture with the white buoy?

Unless someone is certain that the bouy was not there prior to MC killing, I would submit that it would be common for a bouy to be off shore, but near a residence. There is no sandy beach at that spot, so a boat or jetski would be "tethered" off shore within wading distance from the shore. You cannot "beach" watercraft at that location without damage to the hull. This method is commonplace all up and down the Columbia River due to rapid water level fluctuations and rare occurrences of sandy beaches. IMO

I think a notable difference is that SS and son are "missing" as opposed to dead. JMOO

They've only been missing for 4 days though. I believe the fiancee made a plea the day of or day after she went missing. That case seems odd too. I'm more inclined to think there was an unfortunate drunk driving accident than a murder.

I don't like beer. However; I do like petrone! Is that ok?

Probably because no one in her family wanted to make a public plea? They need someone to speak for there to be a story usually. Its really too bad for MC.

It is my understanding that LE told WC not to speak about the case. This was actually stated in the media, and cited in earlier threads.

In addition, it is "rumored" that LE told her RE office/broker she would not be available for a month.

The above can certainly be attributed to keeping the investigation under tight control, and also considering that any grieving parent would likely not return to work in one month.

The other possible reasons...well, it is speculation.

ETA: More accurately, the media reported that WC was told by LE not to speak about the case.

I need one. Where do you get them and how much? I am not sleuthing you; I really want one! P.S. this post cracked me up and the tasering banana.

FYI, many gun stores carry tasers.

I need one. Where do you get them and how much? I am not sleuthing you; I really want one! P.S. this post cracked me up and the tasering banana.
Just google tasers. I believe you can buy some tasers locally, but the good ones only have 2 charges and the charges are loaded with darts. If you miss the first time, you only get one more chance. With the zapper, the sound it makes from a distance is enough to make someone back off..........and possibly soil their pants! That's all I want for all my girls......time to get away. In my case.........I'm only 4'10 1/2" and have 2 metal hips. I wouldn't get far. I'm guessing I would have to fry him! Haaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Bring it!

Just kidding. I would probably die of a heart attack if anyone with ill intentions got close enough. Mess with my kids, tho, and I refer to the above! Bring it!!

IIRC, my zapper's were about $150 apiece. If only MC had had one. No guarantee it would have saved her, but it might have..............

They've only been missing for 4 days though. I believe the fiancee made a plea the day of or day after she went missing. That case seems odd too. I'm more inclined to think there was an unfortunate drunk driving accident than a murder.

MC was missing for nearly 4 days before being "found"; family unwilling/unable to make a public plea?

I listen to KPQ every morning from 6:30 am to around 7:30 am. On Monday morning they had someone from LE on a recorded piece (wasn’t awake enough to get a name and exact air time) he stated that they were optimistic about solving the case.
That gives me hope.

Picture of the stream courtesy of del rio.

Attachments

• 23578_100139070026344_100000907531613_784_1906168_n.jpg
    23578_100139070026344_100000907531613_784_1906168_n.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 100
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics