WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[/COLOR]

Go read the sites related to MS-13----they are working fairly diligently on rural areas, they are located in Portland and Spokane according to the sites I found, and the Highway 97 corridor has been known for drug trafficking from Mexico and LA and gang efforts by the FBI--for a number of years and it has gotten worse as I-5 has been torn up the last 2 years for bridge repairs etc. I don't believe MS-13 exists in Wenatchee but I have some openness to the possibility that they might have travelled into the area and left their territorial mark---that's why this crime stands out so dramatically. I believe the gangs in Wenatchee are wanna-bes as you say and were simply bystanders.
Also I do not think the wanna-be gangs would do a complicated crime like this but if you go read about MS-13 it is a whole different ball game---they are described as terrorists who defy LE and civil humanity in their violence.
This whole discussion is my #2 theory so I am not defending it to the end---but I think it deserves serious consideration. :waitasec:

---also look up Eastern Washington Gangs

Unfortunately, I've seen what gangs are capable of and have worked with agencies to eliminate the problem. There are many other gangs that would be more likely to be involved. That's only IF this was all gang-related to begin with, though.

ETA: Sorry, I'm tired and that may have sounded rude. I wasn't trying to shoot down any theories, please don't take it that way.

Maybe I should make something regarding the "SLM" because it seems to have been lost by now.

In my original post regarding the 3 big, yellow spray painted letters, I stated that I was UNABLE to ascertain what the letters were in fact, but that, if I was forced to venture a GUESS, it would be "S-L-M".

It is very likely that these are NOT the actually letters.

I just wanted to make that clear before it became idealized as "fact."

No worries.

If something looked vaguely like "S-L-M" from one direction, it would have looked like "W-7-5" from the other direction. Was the marker possibly 75 feet (yards, whatever) west of something?

Good point, Nancee Drue. I don't know though, receipt or no receipt ... that haircut, for whatever reason, just kinda sent my hinky meter off! :sonar:

I wonder if he had the phone and shut it off or took out the battery from the location of the beauty salon? That might have sent LE to look there instead of a receipt and they found the receipt after the fact. It would be a good alibi, like someone said, lots of witnesses around. But to meet her at 3:40 and be at the beauty salon before 6 is pushing it if he also transported her to CB and ditched the car at PC. I wonder if he had help or if he placed her body somewhere (spec house) and then moved her later that evening. (speculation). The poster did say he was very dirty.

The thing that always shoots the gang theory down, in my opinion, is how low key LE is playing this. I know it is rumor, as I did not hear it firsthand, but we have discussed here and I have heard at least a dozen times in the community. Supposedly, LE has told Apple Ettes, Auto Moch workers, Hair Academy students and even the C family members not to be worried, this was an isolated event.

Interesting catching up this morning... Wasn't sure if I was watching "One Life to Live" or "The Young and The Restless." Unfortunately when you are so close to a crime victim, your life is going to be peeled back, one layer at a time. Regardless of how you look on the outside, there is bound to be something dirty on the inside. But dirt doesn't make you a murderer or even an accomplice. It does however make things a little more exciting!
Interesting info (rumor) re: the hair cut. That sheds a compelling light on this situation. I wonder what time that receipt said? I wonder what time the "lay-offs" occurred? It is becoming more clear how LE has interviewed upwards of 800 people. Recently laid-off employees of JF's plus their spouses/family members to concur with where they said they were, plus all of the Apple-Ettes, plus the entire salon, plus everyone on her phone, plus family members and their alibis and THEIR alibis, plus friends, teachers, Barristas, home improvement stores, the Tacoma connection, FB and MySpace friends and tons more that we are not privy to. SO, it is easy to tell how rumors can get started. A rumor is not a lie. Rumors keep this thread going. Without them, we would have, for lack of a better word, diddly.

Good point, Nancee Drue. I don't know though, receipt or no receipt ... that haircut, for whatever reason, just kinda sent my hinky meter off! :sonar:

seems strange that when you have someone so close to you who is trained in cutting hair that you would go elsewhere and PAY for a haircut. Maybe she was "out of commission". I wonder if the hair cutter noticed an signs of a struggle on him? Scratched face, bloody hands, injuries consistent of a construction worker, but in this case, not.

seems strange that when you have someone so close to you who is trained in cutting hair that you would go elsewhere and PAY for a haircut. Maybe she was "out of commission". I wonder if the hair cutter noticed an signs of a struggle on him? Scratched face, bloody hands, injuries consistent of a construction worker, but in this case, not.

Exactly! I also wonder if he seemed to be in a hurry. I also wonder if he seemed fidgety. SOO many questions!

I wonder if he could have worried about having evidence in his hair and thought a haircut would be a GREAT way to wash that away somewhere other than his own house! He could have easily placed the body somewhere while he was there. This would give him a small alibi (in his mind). I have always thought whoever did this didn't take MC to CB the same day she was killed. WOW!

I wonder if he could have worried about having evidence in his hair and thought a haircut would be a GREAT way to wash that away somewhere other than his own house! He could have easily placed the body somewhere while he was there. This would give him a small alibi (in his mind). I have always thought whoever did this didn't take MC to CB the same day she was killed. WOW!

Thought the same thing too... I wonder if they offer, or did he have them shave his neck as well. Or did he use their bathroom at all to wash his hands, scrub under his nails?

Exactly! I also wonder if he seemed to be in a hurry. I also wonder if he seemed fidgety. SOO many questions!

I wouldn't read too much into that. Guys and girls are different in that respect. I'm always fidgety and in a hurry when I'm in Supercuts, because IMO its a waste of time and money and there is always something of consequence that I'd rather be doing.

I was told he came in a little before 6. Walked in like he was lost, walked out and made some calls and came back in.. Apparently seemed out of sorts but said he had a rough day because his business wasn't doing well and he had just got don't laying off his crew, and now it was just him and a friend left working for his business. Rumor still

5:42

is a little before 6.

can we find out what time he left there? i heard that macs car was left some time after 6:40

was it ever determined if jf's mom's place was being watched up blewett pass?

Many, many moons ago, someone posted about the status of his business license.

https://fortress.wa.gov/lni/bbip/Result.aspx

I'm pretty sure the State of Washington, Dept. of L & I, and the Dept. of Revenue frown upon companies that continue to conduct business while they are no longer a legal entity.

This occurred last September. So, it seems to me, he would have fired his employees way back then and not in February.

First time posting, I've been following for a while though... Got my hair cut the other day and the person cutting it told me JF came in for a hair cut 2-9 around 6:00. He mentioned laying off all his employees that day and way very dirty.. This person was questioned because LE found a reciept for the hair cut. She seemed to know about the case and also said WC had been cleared by LE. All rumor though

Even though this is stated to be a rumor, I am curious as to where LE supposedly found his haircut receipt (car, house, etc). Location of this could be huge if he dropped it (and where) or if it was somewhere they had a search warrant for. Of course, this is just a rumor at this point of them finding a receipt.

5:42

is a little before 6.

IMO, why would he have MC's phone where he obviously would be remembered as being there in that same time frame?

i highly doubt he went outside and made her phone ping from there... could he have made a call at that time to someone who was in possesion of her phone saying something along the lines of, ok, i am here and they all know i am here, go ahead and remove the SIM card and battery and toss the phone? question: would the phone be able to ping when the battery is removed? or would it only ping if it was turned off/on?
and, if this is possible, then wouldn't the calls have been suspicious since LE has reviewed phone records? or have they yet? i heard they "were" but never heard if they "had".

is this where i would use the words speculation and theory and rumor? :angel:

Even though this is stated to be a rumor, I am curious as to where LE supposedly found his haircut receipt (car, house, etc). Location of this could be huge if he dropped it (and where) or if it was somewhere they had a search warrant for. Of course, this is just a rumor at this point of them finding a receipt.

I am more inclided to think that they have possibly obtained statements to his bank account? OR if he was going to get a hair cut to provide an alibi maybe he offered up this receipt.

A "person of interest" is a legal term... Much like "suspect". Don't count on it ever being used in this case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone