WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if it's true (and I believe it is) that she went to Target, then he is one of the last known to have seen her. He certainly was closer to her than anybody else and had reason to be angry with her if he found out she was planning on seeing someone else. Since they had been going together for so long and reportedly spent much time at the spec house, it's safe to assume he knew how to get in. Due to her Mom's connection with Real Estate, MC could have had access to vacant properties.

I'm just keeping all possibilities open. I think folks have written him off as being involved............and since the killer is still out there, we should be open, open,open! JMHO

Just thinking....(Speculation) If MC went to Target (Rumor) to see boyfriend and he can't have his cell phone on him during work then maybe MC went in, looked at him so he knew that she was there and he could take his break. When he went to the breakroom and got his cell phone maybe he texted "hey" so MC knew he was on his way out. She also could have ran somewhere until he texted and then she texted back "hey" and then never showed up. JMO

When I was at CB, I saw a buoy. It was a large buoy, very far off shore and underwater. At first I thought of the buoy that was attached to the truck that went off the bridge several years ago. After additional thought, I think this is only a buoy for tying a boat. If it was an evidence buoy it would have to be attached to something very heavy. It could not simply be pinned into the ground or tied to a rock. It would have to be tied to something very large of the cement block that most likely holds it to the river bottom.

Are you referring to the buoy just off shore from the CB property?

Because that's kind of what I saw when I initially arrived at the CB property. I could only see the top 20% of the buoy, and it looked like the buoy was sinking because it was bobbing up and down in the river (just like a fishing bobber when you get a "nibble"). I didn't think much about that because I figured the river must be getting higher.

Sometime later, I noticed that the river was extremely low (lower than it was 2 weeks ago). I then looked for the buoy but it was no where to be seen.

I still can't come to grips that this was planned, with the exception of an SK or a Professional Hit.

Forget about a PH for now because the girl was just 17 y.o. But I was thinking in terms of someone really upset with WC. We had our economy drop hard back in the early '80 and people were scrambling to make ends meet. We had a case where someone barged into a real estate office and killed everyone there. I'm not a real estate expert but I heard that realtors have been known to screw people out of their money. They would have gone after WC, not MC. And if WC did such a thing, I would think she would be in hiding...like Morocco.

SK I could believe but it would have to be someone with detailed information about the inner circle of people surrounding MC.

If it was an amateur, that is, hasn't done this before, but out of rage. Wouldn't people around MC's inner circle be aware of the burning rage? Irrational behavior? of some individual? And everybody that has been on this post who knows somebody who knows somebody that knows MC, or JF, or JV have not stated any such behavior.

IMHO I believe it was someone she just recently met.

Picture of the stream courtesy of del rio.

Thanks Del.

The rocks in the pix just made me think MAYBE the perp smashed her face in with one of them (then threw it in the river) to make her unrecognizable..The bag over her head (true?) would prevent/limit blood splatter..But that all depends on what kind of bag it is..A plastic trash bag? Paper? Canvas? What?

I haven't seen anyone say..I know it's possible Del's bag may have been put over her head (true?) cos he said it's missing from duckblind but never saw Del describe it other then IIRC it was "grey".

Many here have heard about the bag over her head (true?) from someone but did any hear exactly what kind of bag it was? TIA!

Hi All, This is just something I thought of and I thought I would put it out there.
The Dog scent think has always bothered me.....

Interesting read about these SAR dogs. I wonder if LE handled it correctly with the search dogs from the get go and I also wonder if LE took the dogs out to CB with the them to see if the dogs picked up another scent off of MC. In other words did they have any references such as articles of clothing by any one close to her to go by.????
Does anyone know if the dogs were taken to CB?
Something to ponder as to why they could feel that it was someone very close to her???? maybe this particular persons scent should have not been on her that day and they just do not have enough evidence, too circumstancial.

SPECALIZED USE OF HUMAN SCENT OF CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS
http://www.vk9sar.org/Sniff.html

snipped with respect

Hi All, This is just something I thought of and I thought I would put it out there.
The Dog scent think has always bothered me.....

Interesting read about these SAR dogs. I wonder if LE handled it correctly with the search dogs from the get go and I also wonder if LE took the dogs...

SPECALIZED USE OF HUMAN SCENT OF CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS
http://www.vk9sar.org/Sniff.html

That was the problem with the Lindsey Baum investigation...dogs did not pick up the scent. But my research found that it is extremely important about the type of dog and the training they have had. The website you reference are world renouned. They flew them in for Amber Dubois and they nearly found her but LE gets defensive and generally ignores the report. Sad way to run LE.

As usual, your questions are very poignant.

"About the places which appear to have been cleared away, (likely by LE):

Were these places with enough cover/concealment from the above roadway or neighbors, etc, that someone wouldn't be afraid to do something there during daylight hours?"

Yes, definitely. Said places have 360 degrees of total concealment (except from high above in the sky).

"Did you see any blood, or evidence that blood was removed, (soil disturbed/removed)?"

I saw no blood. But I did see in many locations disturbed and/or removed soil, as well as brush, tree branches and other vegetation that were disturbed and/or removed.

"After being on that hillside and thinking about more then just carrying ducks back home this time, what do you think of this being a one-man job or one man with wheel-barrow/cart job? Is everything continually downhill?"

It’s certainly possible that a single individual could have undertaken the disposal of MC’s body, especially if he/she had a wheel-barrow or cart. And, yes, starting at the driveway, and following the fluorescent red line down to the lawn, everything was down hill. And the perp’s movements on the property seem to indicate that he/she went straight down the hill to the stream-area.

If you check out the photos I told you about, there’s one or two which show that the route taken by the perp as indicated by the fluorescent red line is consistent with (or maybe even showing) using some kind of wheeled apparatus to transport MC’s body from the perp’s car in the driveway down to the stream. By this I mean that if the perp(s) carried MC’s body in their arms or over their shoulders, they could have easily taken a shorter route from the driveway to the stream (i.e., the stairs or down the small rocky embankment).

Based on this, I SPECULATE that MC’s body was transported down to the stream via some type of wheeled apparatus.

"Let's skip on over to ASSUMPTION land: I keep going back to LE's statement that it appeared the body was "placed" at that particular location. Was it the suspect trying to give MC's body a more upright position so she could look over the river? (Would definitely be a tip to LE that it could be someone who knew and cared for her if "placed" means something like that)."

I don’t know how exactly MC’s body was situated, except that her feet were in the “water.” But, if MC’s body was, in fact, placed at the location I believe it was found at, then that location would enable the perp(s) “to give MC’s body a more upright position.”

This is nuts. Ok, if we say a wheel-barrow/cart being used looks to be a good probability, we really push up the odds that it wasn't a one-"man" job. As in, a man, especially one in the construction field, might just say, "I'll just throw the body over my shoulders and carry her." A woman might have thought of something else, like a wagon or cart, before thinking to do that. (A man could still want a wagon of sorts, especially if he had been attempting to move her around before and found out how difficult it really was... but still... the idea of woman becomes stronger when thinking of a wagon/cart).

If we go back to dragging the body, a person that loved MC might not want to drag the body over the rocky slope or stairs. And just carrying her might be easier not taking the stairs or rocky slope as well. But then we get back to the paint markings, apparently indicting the path the suspect took. How would LE even know UNLESS the body was dragged? No trail if carrying and likely no trail if by cart, right? Hmmmm....

Plus, about moving the body farther down the hill and my crazy ASSUMPTION that it was to give the body a nicer "resting place" or some such -- in a vain attempt to give the suspect some small comfort imagining his/her last act was doing something nice for MC. If JF and MC's relationship was what some have described here, RUMOR, (not getting along well, not liking each other, etc.), -- I just don't see JF thinking about doing that for MC. I believe his first concern would be in not getting caught and leaving the body deep in the brush would be more consistent to achieve that goal. So, who does that leave us?

"Oh, boy!" (as Sam would say at the start of every episode of Quantum Leap)

This is nuts. Ok, if we say a wheel-barrow/cart being used looks to be a good probability, we really push up the odds that it wasn't a one-"man" job. As in, a man, especially one in the construction field, might just say, "I'll just throw the body over my shoulders and carry her." A woman might have thought of something else, like a wagon or cart, before thinking to do that. (A man could still want a wagon of sorts, especially if he had been attempting to move her around before and found out how difficult it really was... but still... the idea of woman becomes stronger when thinking of a wagon/cart).

If we go back to dragging the body, a person that loved MC might not want to drag the body over the rocky slope or stairs. And just carrying her might be easier not taking the stairs or rocky slope as well. But then we get back to the paint markings, apparently indicting the path the suspect took. How would LE even know UNLESS the body was dragged? No trail if carrying and likely no trail if by cart, right? Hmmmm....

Plus, about moving the body farther down the hill and my crazy ASSUMPTION that it was to give the body a nicer "resting place" or some such -- in a vain attempt to give the suspect some small comfort imagining his/her last act was doing something nice for MC. If JF and MC's relationship was what some have described here, RUMOR, (not getting along well, not liking each other, etc.), -- I just don't see JF thinking about doing that for MC. I believe his first concern would be in not getting caught and leaving the body deep in the brush would be more consistent to achieve that goal. So, who does that leave us?

I think that the cart marks may have been visible, however. If the ground was soft, they may have left an impression, more than "dragging" the body I would think... We've also talked about this person losing their stomach, so it could be possible that they didn't want to physically touch the corpse. :( Sorry MC.

I have a really hard time thinking about the person feeling bad and wanting to do one last nice thing for MC. I think the fact that her body was "propped up" on the hill was just the result of the environment, not planning. After being at the property, it is very apparent to me that this person did not want her body found and was hoping to put her in the river at some point.

I would think if they cared about her and felt bad, they would leave her where she would undoubtedly be found easily so that she could be laid to rest.

snipped with respect

I think that the cart marks may have been visible, however. If the ground was soft, they may have left an impression, more than "dragging" the body I would think... We've also talked about this person losing their stomach, so it could be possible that they didn't want to physically touch the corpse. :( Sorry MC.

Does that imply that the missing actual murder site would be nearby?

Adrenaline. It gives people super human strength in some situations. I should think there would have been much adrenaline pumping in this scenario.
Also, it would have been much easier to carry her downhill if it happened earlier in the crime, rather than later, before certain things set in.......KWIM speculation

We are also "assuming" MC was killed elsewhere and did not walk down that hill, either on her own or unwillingly.

I dont know about the spillman theory. But i do know their is alot of people you could tie to spillman. I had a friend who was married to his sister at the time. They questioned him and many others at the time. But who knows.

JF was also married to one of his sisters at the time.

Yes, I finally got up the courage to explore "the clearing", the trails, and the brushy-area. Turns out there are two "clearings", not just one. Both are on the trail, and neither were there last November. I speculate LE did a lot of the clearing in their search for evidence. But I also speculate LE had a very good reason for doing so, e.g., something happened at one or both of those spots.

snipped.

Perhaps they were looking for the phone?

I quess what I am trying to say is, there had to be a scent other than MC's at her car if she did not put it there herself so who's scent did the dogs not follow past the pavement? It would seem likely to me that the same scent would be on the body and surroundings at CB, so, did they bring the dogs to see if they picked up the same scent? If so did the dogs follow the scent anywhere? say the resort or the camp ground or the condo's ? If the dogs did not pick up the scent anywhere out there other than the crime scene, then did they take the dogs around any of MC's places or people? Say, her mothers home, fathers home, boy friends home, schools, coffee stand, friends etc..??????? Had the dogs picked up a scent in any of those places or persons, it sure would be highly suspicious for that person or persons and a very very good place to start looking !!!! IMO.

Also, If this were some random killer then why would he/she take MC's phone? Why not just leave it in the car? Had to be something on there pretty damning such as a pic, video or text that cannot be retrieved by phone records. too bad they will probably never find it.

Walgren & Western Market on the West side of the river. Have yet to see poster on East side of the river.
Sockmonkey, yes I would beleive that the new bar, "Fuel" owners, workers & patrons would most likely park in the same parking lot as MC had.
Yes maybe crazy but where MC parked and left at CB?, just thinking? Keep at it...off to work.

I thought Fuel was in the old Elks building?

[QUOTE
It's not just the *simplest*, period, it's the *simplest that also makes sense*.[/QUOTE]

Very well put. I think theories should be short and simple, while within the bounds of reality. :waitasec:

Thanks Del.

The rocks in the pix just made me think MAYBE the perp smashed her face in with one of them (then threw it in the river) to make her unrecognizable..The bag over her head (true?) would prevent/limit blood splatter..But that all depends on what kind of bag it is..A plastic trash bag? Paper? Canvas? What?

I haven't seen anyone say..I know it's possible Del's bag may have been put over her head (true?) cos he said it's missing from duckblind but never saw Del describe it other then IIRC it was "grey".

Many here have heard about the bag over her head (true?) from someone but did any hear exactly what kind of bag it was? TIA!

IIRC del rio's bag was black, and the rumor was that a gray bag was on her head.

Have you taken a close look at the senior pictures?

Aren't most senior photos taken in the summer or fall before the senor year? These would have probably been taken in August or September given the way she is dressed for warmer weather. So if she was pregnant, it would be no secret at the time she disappeared. She would be showing.

I also have to ask why there is an overwhelming inclination to provide theories that include only one suspect?

Speculation:

Why not two or three? This would seem to provide options for multiple events to occur simultaneously. Difficult to nail down, as well...

...but then this offers more people to think long and hard about what they have done/assisted in doing/hiding. This may be a mental strain on one conspirator, shall we say a weak link?

As I have no facts to support this, it is purely speculation. JMHO.

Does Black not fade to grey in weather if it is out in the elements? and espically if the bag is something like one of those reuseable grocery bags from safeway? they are black.!

Does Black not fade to grey in weather if it is out in the elements? and espically if the bag is something like one of those reuseable grocery bags from safeway? they are black.!

Doubtful. The bag del rio had was for collecting ducks and carrying them. I would assume it would be a substantially sturdy cloth bag or something, and would not fade to gray that fast in 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme