WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. The same crime in Bellevue/Seattle would have been solved within a week as well. The 17 year old in LA that was murdered by a complete stranger was solved within a week. Is there just very little funding in the Wenatchee LE? Complete incompetence?

I have also noticed that with crimes that get solved quickly, the victims tend to have strong and vocal advocates. Think about the Laci Peterson disappearance/murder. I recall so much media attention, especially from her parents. It makes me wonder, and it makes me sad for Mackenzie. That poor girl deserves an advocate also.

I don't know... it is very frustrating though. :headache:

She has lots of advocates here....

Even though not much is known for sure by the public, and there is a limit to what we can do, I notice that the WS community is hanging in and hanging on. Everyone seems to have his/her heart in the right place and to have in common a burning desire to see the perpetrator(s) of the horror that was committed against Mackenzie apprehended.

The hundreds of postings on the twelve threads (and counting) of this board represent many hours of effort and thought on the part of the people who contribute here, with Mackenzie never being far from any of our minds. The posts will continue to be a force for the good, I think.

I would like to see widespread national publicity about this case, and I'd like to see Mackenzie's name become a household word all over the country if it would help, but failing that, at least we have a valley full of people, and beyond, who are on Mackenzie's team, and a loyal band of cyber-sleuths that is likely to stick around UNTIL. (And it will happen; this case will be resolved---it has to be!)

The crime knowitall Dee,posted, tonight:

"the latest news is that guy has been narced off from the other two, and he's on the run since saturday. but don't worry no boby can run for too long, he's not the RUNNING MAN....starring ARNOLD SWARTZ!"

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Dee? (besides being "the crime know-it-all" )

"the latest news is that guy has been narced off from the other two, and he's on the run since saturday. but don't worry no boby can run for too long, he's not the RUNNING MAN....starring ARNOLD SWARTZ!"

Who is Dee and what case is she talking about? Who is "that guy"?

Completely agree. The same crime in Bellevue/Seattle would have been solved within a week as well. The 17 year old in LA that was murdered by a complete stranger was solved within a week. Is there just very little funding in the Wenatchee LE? Complete incompetence?

I have also noticed that with crimes that get solved quickly, the victims tend to have strong and vocal advocates. Think about the Laci Peterson disappearance/murder. I recall so much media attention, especially from her parents. It makes me wonder, and it makes me sad for Mackenzie. That poor girl deserves an advocate also.

I don't know... it is very frustrating though. :headache:

It's possible that LE requesting for MC's family to remain silent might indicate LE 'knows who done it' ... but I'm not so sure ... a rush to judgement?

Ether way, it's a short term win-win: MC's family is 'quiet' in the public arena so no pressure from that angle .. and LE buys some time.

I've labeled a few of my observations in del rio's pic of the CB property driveway-grass transition with the flourescent pink LE marker paint: check the attached pic.

Attachments

• Mid Driveway & Pond 01.jpg
    Mid Driveway & Pond 01.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 130
It's possible that LE requesting for MC's family to remain silent might indicate LE 'knows who done it' ... but I'm not so sure ... a rush to judgement?

Ether way, it's a short term win-win: MC's family is 'quiet' in the public arena so no pressure from that angle .. and LE buys some time.

I was just thinking a televised general plea like "We are heartbroken and want this person brought to justice. If you have any information, please let the police know." You know, like others have done in the past, with positive outcomes. If my loved one were brutally murdered, I don't know if I could help myself. I would be screaming this from the rooftops! :singing:

We have no idea what kind of evidence our LE has at the moment. We don't know the details surrounding the case. We hardly know anything about this case, so I think it's a little unfair to say this crime would have been solved if it happened in Spokane or Los Angeles or compare it to others. I believe our LE is more than capable of solving this horrible crime. Unfortunately, without solid evidence, no LE agency in the world would be able to get very far.

I believe LE has made much, MUCH more progress than most of us here would give them credit for. I know it's frustrating, and I know we all want answers, but the most important thing right now is for LE to do their job, and to do it right. I'd rather wait a while longer, and have LE do their job correctly, than to have them rush and hurry in order to please a bunch of people, and have to let the suspect off on a technicality.

Hopefully it'll be over soon.

I've labeled a few of my observations in del rio's pic of the CB property driveway-grass transition with the flourescent pink LE marker paint: check the attached pic.

It was rumored that there were also tire burn out marks in the driveway of the Spec House, and up PC as well where her car was left.

We have no idea what kind of evidence our LE has at the moment. We don't know the details surrounding the case. We hardly know anything about this case, so I think it's a little unfair to say this crime would have been solved if it happened in Spokane or Los Angeles or compare it to others. I believe our LE is more than capable of solving this horrible crime. Unfortunately, without solid evidence, no LE agency in the world would be able to get very far.

I believe LE has made much, MUCH more progress than most of us here would give them credit for. I know it's frustrating, and I know we all want answers, but the most important thing right now is for LE to do their job, and to do it right. I'd rather wait a while longer, and have LE do their job correctly, than to have them rush and hurry in order to please a bunch of people, and have to let the suspect off on a technicality.

Hopefully it'll be over soon.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think we're being impatient really. If I knew that waiting would guarantee an arrest and conviction, I'd gladly wait. This isn't about our curiosity; it is about bringing this monster to justice. However, I feel like the longer it goes on, the more chance it has of going cold. I think the lack of communication may hinder their investigation.

I just don't see how they couldn't have enough evidence. With the car, spec home, CB scene, phone records and who knows what else, I would think there would be enough for an arrest. I've heard of people being arrested and convicted of murder on circumstantial evidence alone, with NO trace of DNA, or motive whatsoever. I'm not saying that I think they shouldn't do a thorough investigation. I just think their silence has us all a little worried.

Could this case be a possibility for "America's Most Wanted"?

I like the "Dateline" idea and am going to write to Daniel, but it seems like frequently the arrests have already been made when the cases are featured on "Dateline" and "48 Hours".

Could this case be a possibility for "America's Most Wanted"?

I like the "Dateline" idea and am going to write to Daniel, but it seems like frequently the arrests have already been made when the cases are featured on "Dateline" and "48 Hours".

With America's Most Wanted, you would need a suspect that was in hiding. I would think Shantina Smiley from Olympia, WA would be a good person to have on that show.

What about the Today Show? I believe they had Shantina's fiancee on there talking about the circumstances. I would think this story would definitely be interesting enough.

ETA: waitin'4thewrld2chg: I love your avatar, btw! It looks like the kitty is waiting- very fitting for your name!​

Good Morning America, or the Today Show...either one, would be a good place to feature this MC crime mystery-story.

Interesting that a friend of JF's got married at CB in 2003... JF was a witness:

http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov/ViewRecord.aspx?RID=372E3AE5306AE3AF1D29271293869CFE

That same name (CC) was a witness at JF's wedding in 2004:

http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov./ViewRecord.aspx?RID=2BD4CD651F7EA906952E03F8881B0026

Also, that same CC was sentenced to 27.75 months in jail for bail jumping on July 9 2008:

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2008/aug/01/news-of-record/

Must have been released early, since he's not on the jail roster?

Perhaps not relevant, just thought it coincidental.

I am not seeing it.. the one with the hyphenated last name?? hmmmmm... did she post that on someone else's wall??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc