WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss Maple or HotMadre, can either of you point us in this direction?

Sorry...but my information is more with the C family, and specifically MC, who went to school with my kiddo since Kindergarten. Also, what I consider reliable second hand information...(one step away from LE and FBI) No connection to JF.

Sorry...but my information is more with the C family, and specifically MC, who went to school with my kiddo since Kindergarten. Also, what I consider reliable second hand information...(one step away from LE and FBI) No connection to JF.

Interesting Hotmadre, MC didn't go to school in Wenatchee for grades 8,9 & 10 and didn't live on Eaglerock with WC for 11 & 12 - how reliable was that source of information?

Fellow webseuthers, I checked with a vey reliable source today and posed the question about possible arrest(s). This person said "no arrest(s)". I believe this to be accurate.

However, it would be nice to think that maybe this could be a pre-mature leak...... a sign that there is still hope of an arrest.

I have two thoughts. Small ones; but there thoughts all the same. 1) There was an ill-informed or premature leak of plausible arrest(s). 2) Then there was some decent communication between LE and the public today on the radio. 4) I think we should add to WS time-line any new info.) I think LE has no doubt who did it. I think that LE is approaching the public with info AND questions that are articulately thought-out & indicitive to the fact that they ARE pursuing ALL potential suspects, and time is thier ally. Why not wait and see if anyone rolls over on the perp or possible accmplice(s)? Why not continue to solidify thier case by taking time to interview and research more? ALL WHILE THEY R WAITING FOR THE REST OF THE FORENSIC TESTS ANYWAY? I think about this because in the very early words of LE, they told us not to worry about a crazy monster on the streets........

I dont know. Just trying to look at the glass half full today.

Interesting Hotmadre, MC didn't go to school in Wenatchee for grades 8,9 & 10 and didn't live on Eaglerock with WC for 11 & 12 - how reliable was that source of information?

MC had joint custody with parents, and stayed at both locations. The fact that she went to school in Cashmere for a time, doesn't seem relevant. Up until her disappearance, I had two children at the high school who would see MC on a regular basis. I wasn't posting to prove I have a great connection to MC. I was asked if I had info. where to see a photo of JF. I have no first hand info. on that matter, and that is what I was responding to.

can we stay on topic with out the attacks?
:furious:

Who is attacking? I think Gone Too Soon was just trying to clarify things?

Thanks Melissa, have seen many posts in recent days that appear to be stated as fact when they may a few degrees away. Sorry Dogdad and Hotmadre, just wanted to clarify. Lack of new information on the threads shouldn't make us want to create connections...should it? Shouldn't Mackenzie remain the focus and source of information?

Fellow webseuthers, I checked with a vey reliable source today and posed the question about possible arrest(s). This person said "no arrest(s)". I believe this to be accurate.

However, it would be nice to think that maybe this could be a pre-mature leak...... a sign that there is still hope of an arrest.

I have two thoughts. Small ones; but there thoughts all the same. 1) There was an ill-informed or premature leak of plausible arrest(s). 2) Then there was some decent communication between LE and the public today on the radio. 4) I think we should add to WS time-line any new info.) I think LE has no doubt who did it. I think that LE is approaching the public with info AND questions that are articulately thought-out & indicitive to the fact that they ARE pursuing ALL potential suspects, and time is thier ally. Why not wait and see if anyone rolls over on the perp or possible accmplice(s)? Why not continue to solidify thier case by taking time to interview and research more? ALL WHILE THEY R WAITING FOR THE REST OF THE FORENSIC TESTS ANYWAY? I think about this because in the very early words of LE, they told us not to worry about a crazy monster on the streets........

I dont know. Just trying to look at the glass half full today.

Good post... I'd love to see a half full glass as well. Local Law enforcements lack of communication and the medias lack of skill / existence make this area a killers dream world. This same crime in Spokane would have been solved within a week.

Maybe LE keeps info to themselves because they want the public to volunteer other information, to back up, and further prove that whatever evidence they have...... is true.

Miss Maple or HotMadre, can either of you point us in this direction?

Sorry, as far as I know JF is not on any social networking sites and I don't know anyone who would have any pics of him on theirs :(

Good post... I'd love to see a half full glass as well. Local Law enforcements lack of communication and the medias lack of skill / existence make this area a killers dream world. This same crime in Spokane would have been solved within a week.

Completely agree. The same crime in Bellevue/Seattle would have been solved within a week as well. The 17 year old in LA that was murdered by a complete stranger was solved within a week. Is there just very little funding in the Wenatchee LE? Complete incompetence?

I have also noticed that with crimes that get solved quickly, the victims tend to have strong and vocal advocates. Think about the Laci Peterson disappearance/murder. I recall so much media attention, especially from her parents. It makes me wonder, and it makes me sad for Mackenzie. That poor girl deserves an advocate also.

I don't know... it is very frustrating though. :headache:

For those who may have missed the KOHO interview with Steve Hair and Doug Jones today, KOZI has it posted on their website.

http://www.kozi.com/NewsStory.aspx?NewsID=2222

I think this interview from today is worth listening to again. And a side note, I wonder if Doug Jones of LE just forgot the text time and stated the time wrong by mistake. I think LE should do another big media push for help, and include the WW with a big article, regardless of the last snafu. How come MC's case cannot get bigger media attention?

A few weeks, ago, I sent a story link to Nancy Grace.

Maybe there is video of Killer with MC? And, maybe LE is waiting for the public to volunteer information that they saw MC with a person, at a certain place, and time. This would help them prove the case against the suspect.

OK IMHO... I actually beleive LE's first mistake was stating the word "MONSTER"! Yes this is a monster act, But, first off, NOW the sweet old lady next door is out! MC sweet best friend is out! Get where I am going here...Thus no one would call in on their own child, even if showed up full of scratches & blood, no ones child is a "monster." No ones little teenager is a 'wanna be gang member'..... Gotta take those blinders off I think??? IDK JMO

I think this interview from today is worth listening to again. And a side note, I wonder if Doug Jones of LE just forgot the text time and stated the time wrong by mistake. I think LE should do another big media push for help, and include the WW with a big article, regardless of the last snafu. How come MC's case cannot get bigger media attention?

I totally agree... put the pressure on LE here!!! Like no other tid bits for more possible call in leads????... Oh lets just wait until the memory fails (TIME) in everyones lives??? SOOO Frustrating!!!

OK IMHO... I actually beleive LE's first mistake was stating the word "MONSTER"! Yes this is a monster act, But, first off, NOW the sweet old lady next door is out! MC sweet best friend is out! Get where I am going here...Thus no one would call in on their own child, even if showed up full of scratches & blood, no ones child is a "monster." No ones little teenager is a 'wanna be gang member'..... Gotta take those blinders off I think??? IDK JMO

I totally agree...

I think the reported text messages at the boat launch by LE are just confusing.

First we heard in the WW that she was at the foot of Orondo, at the boat launch. Then there was another article in the WW that said at the foot of 5th. Then there was a WS'er here that stated as fact that LE at the boat launch told her MC was there at the boat launch. I KNEW that was not a fact, just gut instinct. Now the radio interview today confirms that it is not a fact. LE knows her PNONE was there, they don't know if MC was there. At the rate this is going, I will bet we learn that the phone was closer to Gold's gym. The very first article in the WW about MC said she liked to go to Gold's gym. How come no one has looked at that angle closer? Maybe my bigger point is that we are not getting clear and logical statements of facts vs. assumptions.

Regarding contacting media outlets for more coverage. I found the message below and sent an email to Daniel from Dateline about this case. He emailed me back and asked a few questions and seemed interested in doing a story about Mackenzie. Maybe a few others could email him with the facts and what makes this case so intriguing and they may consider doing it.

The great people at Dateline NBC have been friends of Websleuths for a while now.

The producers at Dateline look to Websleuths for story ideas.

Daniel Slepian told me personally he reads every single email so keep them coming!!

His email is: Daniel.Slepian@nbcuni.com

Don't be shy. One of our members told Dateline about the Barbara Winn case and it was featured on Dateline May Friday May 23rd. Read about the case here; http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=Barbara+Winn

The Dateline request is wide open. Nothing specific. Just interesting true crime.

Email Daniel yourself. He is a wonderful and caring person.

The crime knowitall Dee,posted, tonight:

"the latest news is that guy has been narced off from the other two, and he's on the run since saturday. but don't worry no boby can run for too long, he's not the RUNNING MAN....starring ARNOLD SWARTZ!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay