WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I haven't seen it. These are the images of Mackenzie's car after it was recovered...

Hi erok. We covered the car and car pictures a lot in previous threads but IIRC we didn't really get anywhere with it. Lots of observations and opinions but nothing that really stood out.

"Authorities investigating MacKenzie Cowell's death are unhappy some of the details of her murder were released. Task Force spokesman Capt. Doug Jones of the Wenatchee Police deparatment says he and the task force Commander Robbin Wagg asked the newspaper's editors on two occasions not to publish the death certificate information until a suspect was in custody as it could hinder the progress of the ongoing investigation and eventual prosecution. Jones said in a press release, the information that was detailed in the story, could have been the type of information known only by the killer and could have been useful in the successful identification, arrest, and prosecution of the person(s) responsible."

http://www.kpq.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1940

What a bunch of clowns... I know the WW is not the most respected paper to LE... I think most are reluctant to give them info... especially when they pull crap like this!

WOW! 51 people on here tonight. Kids are all in bed and the sleuthers are up cattin' around tonight! YEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAA

"polygraph tests to eight people" ??
"....investigators say they are optimistic it will happen soon and will lead to a conviction"

KXLY News Story - March 15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09vVvSgO8jk&feature=related

Again, sorry if this is a repost. I am here on WS each day and apparently I still miss some posts - I am sorry.

I had not heard the polygraphs were given to 8 people - did you? Also, the quote regarding the optimism and conviction is good. Again, it sounds like LE is on someone's tail and waiting to pounce! YEa!

"Authorities investigating MacKenzie Cowell's death are unhappy some of the details of her murder were released. Task Force spokesman Capt. Doug Jones of the Wenatchee Police deparatment says he and the task force Commander Robbin Wagg asked the newspaper's editors on two occasions not to publish the death certificate information until a suspect was in custody as it could hinder the progress of the ongoing investigation and eventual prosecution. Jones said in a press release, the information that was detailed in the story, could have been the type of information known only by the killer and could have been useful in the successful identification, arrest, and prosecution of the person(s) responsible."

http://www.kpq.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1940

What a bunch of clowns... I know the WW is not the most respected paper to LE... I think most are reluctant to give them info... especially when they pull crap like this!

does anyone know if WC or any family member(s) homes were searched?

No, Erok, I did not see any figure 8s. Interesting! I did know about the 8 lie detector tests though.

I haven't seen where anybody answered the question about text messages being retrievable without the phone via phone records? I know it has been asked in the past, but I am not sure I have ever seen the answer. Anyone know for sure?

WOW! 51 people on here tonight. Kids are all in bed and the sleuthers are up cattin' around tonight! YEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAA

LOL - I know the gals in my office "sleuth" on here, but are too :chicken: to sign up.

They like to give me :slap: about my addiction to this site.

You know who you are...:Banane37:

The things that impressed me with this group let me count the ways:

1. Pleasant posting and rules of etiquette.
2. Locals willing to beat the bushes (literally) to help us "out of the way" folks to let us feel that we are there.
3. Very talented sleuthers

The one thing I don't like:
Our posts can be "googled" either intentionally or accidentally. We put alot of people under the microscope, and even though they may have some creepy character flaws and we eventually ruled them out. I am concerned that the public will not get the whole picture.

ETA: But it is disheartening when a significant member of the task force says this (same article):

"Doug Jones, spokesman for the task force investigating Cowell’s death, said investigators look at comments on Websleuths and The Wenatchee World site but have found “nothing substantial” in the way of clues off the sites. He said most of the suggestions made by commenters are things investigators have already done or have considered."

Maybe if they would share just alittle more?

BBM

Completely agree with you on all points.

Jones said most, not all of the suggestions are things they've already looked into. So perhaps, a comment by a WSer sent them down a path they had not yet envisioned, but he could never admit this.

I'm pretty sure they are going to cover their *advertiser censored****. How would it look to the community if they admitted they got their "big tip" off a sleuther on the internet? Also, with so many jurisdictions involved, there are a lot of egos involved. Since this is such a high profile case, I think they are all going to want a piece of the collar.

JMOO

No, Erok, I did not see any figure 8s. Interesting! I did know about the 8 lie detector tests though.

I haven't seen where anybody answered the question about text messages being retrievable without the phone via phone records? I know it has been asked in the past, but I am not sure I have ever seen the answer. Anyone know for sure?

This is from a VERY QUICK google search...
"You can request a record of all texts from your service provider. Not all providers will comply with your request without court order. Some will provide it for a fee."
http://www.ehow.com/how_5338836_recover-text-messages.html

Not sure how accurate the statement is...

I always thought your provider could/would give me all of the texts from our family phones.. at least I tell our daughter that I get them from Verizon.

I think I do see the figure 8. Stop the video at 7 seconds and you can see one loop of the 8.

I remember the 8 polygraphs, but this said given to 8 people. Previously, I thought it was stated as 8 polygraphs. Big difference if someone was given a poly more than once!

MOO

I think I do see the figure 8. Stop the video at 7 seconds and you can see one loop of the 8.

I remember the 8 polygraphs, but this said given to 8 people. Previously, I thought it was stated as 8 polygraphs. Big difference if someone was given a poly more than once!

MOO

Youre right..! Looking at the figure eights, I thought they were older.. from a dirt bike. They didnt look too fresh to me...
at the 5-7 second mark, you can see a dark circle in the lawn. Who knows.... good eye!

In previous threads we discussed the large figure 8 pattern in the lawn. First we thought it was a motorcycle, then someone said that is exactly the kind of wear RC cars will leave if used over and over in a pattern like that, because their family did that exact thing.

Regarding the 8 polygraphs given, LE has so far only stated simply that 8 were given, not that 8 people were tested. That could mean 8 people tested once, or 1 person tested 8 times, or anything in between... take your pick.

Someone asked me for a list of all the initials for people in this case... anyone care to repost that? I don't have it. TIA!

In previous threads we discussed the large figure 8 pattern in the lawn. First we thought it was a motorcycle, then someone said that is exactly the kind of wear RC cars will leave if used over and over in a pattern like that, because their family did that exact thing.

Regarding the 8 polygraphs given, LE has so far only stated simply that 8 were given, not that 8 people were tested. That could mean 8 people tested once, or 1 person tested 8 times, or anything in between... take your pick.

In my post above from KXLY, they report that polys were given to 8 people... I better watch again to make sure! hehe

At the :30 mark of the KXLY vid above.. assuming its accurate!

HI:seeya: Killer :smiliescale: Justice will be done.:behindbar

Sheriff Harum stated, "... as we look into these investigations, not this one so far but, a lot of times the suspect will be also on that social network as well."

It seems LE 'knows' everyone here ....

MOO

I think a lot of these news reports paraphrase, and not too accurately. Here's the actual quote from LE:

“To date, we’ve done at least eight polygraph exams of which the names and results will remain confidential at this time to maintain the integrity of the ongoing investigation.”

I took that to mean 8 separate polygraphs that may or may not have been performed on 8 separate people. My bet is that it was less than 8 people and at least one subject had multiples.

Sheriff Harum stated, "... as we look into these investigations, not this one so far but, a lot of times the suspect will be also on that social network as well."

It seems LE 'knows' everyone here ....

If they're being thorough they certainly should know everyone here. Those that signup and even those that just visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunatoons