WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
- The gang theory seems far-fetched to me. From what I know, and from the rumors I've heard here, there has not been a single piece of concrete evidence that would support the gang theory.

I'd argue that we don't have a single piece of concrete evidence that supports the JF theory either.

Without released cell records it is difficult to tell much. The good news is that the Wenatchee community has decent tower coverage.

can you comment to the fact the sheriff mentioned records were "purged"??

Time was changed to 3:01 PM once LE realized there was a time difference (error) with the security camera.

ETA: I'm pretty positive on this, but does anyone know where it was stated?

Thanks. That's a pretty big error given the importance of the next 40mins, eh?

No interviews in the media w/ any of the people @ the hair academy? She was supposed to be gone ~15mins. Was it customary for her to go somewhere (e.g. coffee) on her break?

Her cell records hold the key of her communication & movement patterns for the weeks preceding (e.g. whether a drive to the Riverfront Park was a habit or not).

Why?, was, is, anyone (see if I can spell it right?) speculated?? We are sluthing. Begging for an answer..

I wasn't questioning why we are sleuthing anyone------I was not remembering why we were suspecting JL in particular. But if you keep reading many of our peers answered my menopause moment with reminders of why he was suspected.

Bond, what can you tell us about cell companies "purging" their ping data? It was stated by LE that they lost some info from MC's phone records as well as someone else's (from what I understood) due to a certain carrier purghing such data. And what significance does that have as far as the possibility of losing a conviction or pertinent info because of it?

I'd argue that we don't have a single piece of concrete evidence that supports the JF theory either.

Do we have a single piece of concrete evidence that supports any theory? The only things for absolute certain come from LE. Can anyone pinpoint anything they've said that we could use to draft a "profile" for the killer? A profile should help to narrow our list down and cross some people off.

can you comment to the fact the sheriff mentioned records were "purged"??

I haven't read that specific comment, but, I could hazard a guess as to what he's saying.

He's likely talking about the records of cell handoffs that track a phone each day. These are how a tower finds a phone when someone places a call to it. Its easy to imagine that - because of the mass amount of data being tracked - to keep up with each cell phone moving through a tower's coverage area continuously just isn't cost-effective for more than a short period of time. Kind of like a security camera that loops back over itself after x-days.

But the transaction data...(e.g. incoming & outgoing transmissions)...that hasn't been "purged". That's stored and available...even to a certain degree to the family via their online account. The family can get access to the transactions in their online account (e.g. who called/texted who and when). The locating information has to come from Verizon.

You kick butt, thats all I have to say. I am impressed!

I too tried looking through other peoples FB profiles thinking I might be able to find something, but I really didn't know where to start so I gave up.

You, however, are the persistent one and I am seriously impressed. Thank you, as I have been wondering, as well as everyone else, what he looked like.

Know what is sad? We all, (including me) are happy to see a photo... But I do have compassion, if he is not responsible. We all just do not know... I am kinda leaning on wanna be gang members? Only from rumors I have heard
(diff. days, diff. stories).... For all whom think this town is not capable of this (gang) theroy, ? IMHO It is a possibility. I personally came in contact with a possible POI mentioned here in recent days and WOW dressed the part (Way to much obvious) see me!!..KWIM.. almost to obvious to be guilty.. just wanting much needed attention? I am stumped

5:42 PM - A cell tower bounces a signal off of MacKenzie's phone. This is the final activity on McKenzie's phone. Location has not been released by investigators.
*snipped for space*

Need to preface this with the statement that I'm certainly not a cell phone "expert". I've just spent allot of time with cell records on the Caylee Anthony case and learned a few things there. Also need to note that the carrier for Casey Anthony's phone was ATT/Cingular and there are some subtle differences between carriers.

I suspect LE is very purposely being ambiguous about this 5:42 PM activity. The description, "bounces a signal" would be due to a transmission incoming or outgoing. FWIW, incoming calls that roll to vmail don't divulge tower information in the permanent records...at least not w/ Cingular.

*snipped for space*

Need to preface this with the statement that I'm certainly not a cell phone "expert". I've just spent allot of time with cell records on the Caylee Anthony case and learned a few things there. Also need to note that the carrier for Casey Anthony's phone was ATT/Cingular and there are some subtle differences between carriers.

I suspect LE is very purposely being ambiguous about this 5:42 PM activity. The description, "bounces a signal" would be due to a transmission incoming or outgoing. FWIW, incoming calls that roll to vmail don't divulge tower information in the permanent records...at least not w/ Cingular.

Are you saying that a phone must be turned on in order to divulge tower information? So, her phone was still on at 5:45?

Okay.. if you were to put $100,000 on a theory (right now), what would it be???
You turn...

First I'll state who I don't think is involved...WC, RC, JV, JL, and VDD.

Now I'll guess who could possibly know something about the murder of MC.

JF might know who murdered MC. JF's friends/employees might know who murdered MC. A teen, in town, might know who murdered MC. (not sure which teen....just know the teens have been talking about the crime)

I saw a creepy, middle aged, nasty, pervert looking guy, sitting in front of Target. He stared me down as got out of my car, and walked into the store. He had a criminal grin. I glared at him. Once I got inside the store, I looked out the glass doors to see where the guy went. The guy was walking towards Penneys. He kept walking....and I quit watching him as he got nearer Taco Bell. My point is.....
Who knows...maybe some unknown, wandering pervert-sex offender jumped in MC's car?????

You kick butt, thats all I have to say. I am impressed!

I too tried looking through other peoples FB profiles thinking I might be able to find something, but I really didn't know where to start so I gave up.

You, however, are the persistent one and I am seriously impressed. Thank you, as I have been wondering, as well as everyone else, what he looked like.

WOW well if he was not staying up Blewett, bet he will be now!! For some reason ???? I just do not see him able to run any farther.. Come on JF CLEAR yourself, or come to Justice.. from all whom cares about MC!

Are you saying that a phone must be turned on in order to divulge tower information? So, her phone was still on at 5:45?

In short, yes. They phone would have to be on.

If I'm correct about the data that was purged, then, LE is talking about a transmission (e.g. text or call) either incoming or outgoing that was received or originated from her phone @ that time.

And...it would rule out an incoming call that rolled to vmail, since those calls don't typically record the location of the phone, since the phone doesn't participate in the transmission.

WOW well if he was not staying up Blewett, bet he will be now!! For some reason ???? I just do not see him able to run any farther.. Come on JF CLEAR yourself, or come to Justice.. from all whom cares about MC!

Who is he running from. The people on this board?

I wish JF had an advocate on here. Everyone else we've talked about seems to have one or more people telling us how great those people are.

IMHO:

If any one of us was accused of a crime, those we have hurt or wronged (ex-lovers, disgrunted co-workers, the guy from the HOA who doesn't like the Bermuda grass you planted) will be out damning your character.

Yes, theoretically your "friends" would stick up for you, but unfortunately the wrongfully accused who have found themselves on the ropes (think Richard Jewell, or James Van de Velde) found out how few friends they really had.

He has no obligation to clear himself. The obligation is to prove him guilty.

Important to note, and I believe I read a comment in a post earlier about no witnesses placing Mackenzie @ the Boat Ramp...cell pings don't place the phone like GPS with an exact location...they place the phone in a 120degree (1/3 of a circle) area within a few miles of the cell tower that carried its transmission. When the cell towers are close they can be more exact...but not as specific as a boat ramp. :waitasec:

how recent is the pic that was posted of jf?

I just spoke to a close friend who offered some insight on the case...
She said that she believes MC was involved with a female gang and she was unable to get out of it. She then stated that she recently spoke to a man whose daughter was a friend of MC. Apparently the night before MC's disappearance, MC attended an underage drinking party in the south end of town. This man's daughter arrived at the party and began looking for MC... after she asked around the party to MC's whereabouts she was jumped. The girl was beaten so bad she was hospitalized and concussed. Apparently the attackers were members of this girl gang. The next day, MC disappeared. I do not know if MC was present at the party when the girl was jumped.

So perhaps she told a fellow gang member that she wanted out of the gang and they retaliated..? According to my friend, this type of killing (strangle/stabbing) is to send a message to others. So, there is likely others (gang members) who aware of MC disappearance and murder and are too afraid to say anything - obviously. This is consistent with LE's statements and pleas for someone to step forward.

It was also mentioned that MC had TWO boyfriends... one her age and the other around 27.

My friend has a lot of contacts in the valleys including fire, law, elected officials, etc. Her insight and theory has surely grabbed my attention.

What do you think?

Interesting. I haven't been able to post on MC's thread but I've been checking in here and there and from the start I always had a feeling this crime reeked of a girl or girls being involved. That MC was fully dressed, and also the rumored brutality/overkill of the crime lends itself to this theory. Teenage girls can be incredibly hateful and violent, and this crime always reminded me of the the girl (her name began with an "Sh", I'm sorry I can't find it though a google search) who was lured to her death I think in the early 90s by a bunch of her "friends"; they brutally tortured and killed her then set her on fire while she was still alive. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if what your friend told you has some truth to it, and I still think females are involved in MC's murder. I wonder if LE is leaning or at least investigating in this direction, in addition to investigating the men in MC's life, does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya