WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:HappyBday to you, Mackenzie!

Please girl ... work hard to guide your task force to uncover the pertinent evidence that will lead to the arrest and convinction of the guilty person who ended your beautiful life so horrendously and abruptly!

:dance: Mackenzie :dance:

:rose: :balloons: :rose:

Hi all.

I'm not familiar w/ the case, but, did a quick read of the last 7 pages. Spent some time on the timeline post (much appreciated) and map.

Do we know what carrier Mackenzie's cell phone used?

Mackenzie's phone was with Verizon.

My money is still on:

(1) WC as the murderess; and

(2) JF--and/or other unidentified male(s)--as accesssory(s) after-the-fact, i.e., clean up and disposal of body.

In my opinion, suspicions regarding JF are predicated almost entirely on JF's association with WC.

Been out of touch the last few days - just catching up on threads, so please bare with me.

Del, based upon your earlier posts and all facts considered here on WS and eliminating all other possibilities I agree with you. And...after consulting with a few others in the field outside the area, I still concur. Although it is a distasteful and unfortunate place to arrive at.

his is a first attach photo attempt.
Picture was on a JL page.

Attachments

• n367970391746_3782.jpg
    n367970391746_3782.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 37
MC was very thin, though tall. With the errrr.... abbreviated clothing that teens favor, some of her clothes could very well look like a child's clothes through the window.

At any rate, everyone agrees that it wasn't unusual for her to have lots of clothes and shoes in her car.

MC spent alot of time each day in Wenatchee (home was Orondo, about 27 miles North). Clothes in the car for school, cosmetology school, working out at gym and dance team - including changes of shoes and her dance gear bag. MC was a size 5-7 and at a glance, some of the clothes could appear to be children's, although unlikely. JF has a toddler (male) that stayed at WC's home and MC babysat occasionally, not likely any of his clothes were in the car, but certainly a possibility.

It is with great sorrow that we are missing Mackenzie today; what would have been her 18th Birthday. :angel: Miss Mackenzie we hope that you are dancing today in a pretty pink party dress up there in heaven.

All of the folks here on WS have been diligent in their dedication to see justice in your murder. What a wonderful group of non-local/local folks to work so hard on these conclusions. I am confident that LE will come to the right conclusions in due time to adequately prosecute all responsible parties.

Happy 18th birthday Mackenzie. I'm so upset you aren't here to celebrate but I'm sure you're celebrating up there.

My money is still on:

(1) WC as the murderess; and

(2) JF--and/or other unidentified male(s)--as accesssory(s) after-the-fact, i.e., clean up and disposal of body.

In my opinion, suspicions regarding JF are predicated almost entirely on JF's association with WC.

WC... there's not another WC other than her mother, right?

So, your money is Mack's mother murdering her?

Hmm...

Has anyone looked at MC's myspace friends profiles to check out the possibility of this party that her friend attended and got beat up??? I cant remember the URL exactly could someone help me out? or any relavent links????
thanks

Hey, I just wanted to point out that it's not just the inappropriate photos that make me suspicious of JL. It's a combination of several things that, when you look at them all together, seems a bit strange. This includes, but is not limited to:
-The fact that he interjects himself into the case by conducting a fundraiser, photo shoots at the memorial, tribute shoots with MC's best friend in the river, etc., even though he (as far as we know) never met MC.

-Deleted her from his facebook and myspace page about a week into the investigation, yet proceeds to involve himself in the case afterward.

-Targets younger girls for his "limited time free photo shoot sessions", and puts up a "Mackenzie Model of the Month" collage on his myspace front page. Yes, I know the girl in the photo isn't her, however, it's odd that he puts this up after she went missing, and there is no other record of a Mackenzie that he used for a photo shoot.

-I've noticed that he requests girls to "message" him if they're interested in modeling. I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but myspace offers an Instant Messenger program, so you can converse back and forth with someone and the messages are erased once you log out. There would not be any stored messages in her in/out box if LE were to check.

-Locations. The vast majority of the locations he chooses are in fact in the water, whether it be the river, bathtub, boat launch, etc.

-This one is important. I had my daughter help me make a fake myspace account, used a photo of a bikini clad girl for my avatar that I had found on google images, and listed my age as 16. About a day after sending him a friend request, he sent me a message asking if I would be interested in a free modeling shoot. I responded, asking him what he had in mind. He told me that the majority of his shoots were done outdoors, and that I would need parental consent. He included his phone #, and told me that my mom could just send him a text, giving consent. I think that is a pretty big deal. This way, girls could get around asking their parents for approval, and he could technically say that he thought he was given consent.

So, like I said, it's not just one thing making me suspicious of him. Obviously none of this makes him guilty of anything, but it does give cause for concern.

I'll edit and add more to this if I can think of anything else.

I wish JF had an advocate on here. Everyone else we've talked about seems to have one or more people telling us how great those people are.

I meant that it is easy and human nature to immediately focus on the "bad" guy. This was a shocking crime, so why won't it be shocking when we learn who the criminal/s are?

IMO it is a mistake to assume there has to be a logical reason for this crime. Look at the murder in Tonasket by 4 people for $500. Life is cheap to some and they don't care about their life either.

IMO this could easily have been a local gang with girls driving it, JV, WC, employees of JF's, or a stranger. Right now I'm leaning towards a gang.

I was able to verify some things yesterday from someone from a local LE agency. First, I would say that everyone's theory that LE is simply waiting for more evidence to charge their POI (and stick) seems correct. LE does not want to rush and charge someone (who may be already lawyered up) and have to share critical case info with them. This is nothing new and is exactly why many of your have theorized. What else...?

This is obviously not consistent with the gang theory introduced yesterday..
Hmmmmm..

I guess it is a waiting game...

Thanks for sharing. Seems like everything we are hearing lately is reiterating the same thing. And confirming what most of us believe.

Gang theory hasn't worked for me for a long time.

WW has a new article, today. It says about the same thing as their last news article.
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/apr/01/no-letting-up-in-cowell-case-police-pledge-still/

Quote pulled from the article:

Law enforcement officers from the two cities and two counties make up most of the task force investigating Cowell’s death. Doug Jones, task force spokesman, said the task force is running at about nine workers per day, the same as shortly after Cowell’s body was found. An FBI agent also works part-time on the case, as do two officials from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Jones has said that ICE’s assistance is not related to any suspected illegal immigrant connection to this case.

So we've got East Wenatchee, Wenatchee, Chelan County, Douglas County, FBI and ICE all working together to solve Mackenzie's murder. I would think this is a good thing, but sometimes this can amount to an issue of ""too many cooks in the kitchen.

Another pulled quote:

Jones was asked if any of the investigators are frustrated with the lack of an arrest. “I don’t hear or sense frustration from any of the investigators involved,” he said. “Most have the experience to know that investigations of this nature often take time but do eventually get solved. ‘Determined’ and ‘optimistic’ are more descriptive of our attitudes than frustration.

It's good to know that the investigators remain optimistic and determined!

I'm glad WW finally published an article about Mackenzie's case. I would've liked it even better if they would've mentioned that today is Mackenzie's 18th birthday!

Yes it was just for restraining conversation (meaning a certain mother could not discuss certain issues with a certain daughter), so I don't understand why it had to be lifted either. Also, I find it very telling that in the 17 months MC and JV dated, JV never once met WC (as someone stated earlier) and was much closer to RC and his fiance. Can you imagine if you had a 17 year old daughter and you never met her boyfriend in a year and a half but lived in the same town and supposedly lived with her part time? That's hinky.

I was the one that stated that JV and WC never met. MC didn't want JV to meet her mother because she thought WC would be mean to him. WC didn't like the fact that her 17 year old daughter was dating a 21 year old guy. RC and his fiance had a very good relationship to JV. It is true that MC became extremely close to her dad's fiance, closer than she was to her own mother.

I was the one that stated that JV and WC never met. MC didn't want JV to meet her mother because she thought WC would be mean to him. WC didn't like the fact that her 17 year old daughter was dating a 21 year old guy. RC and his fiance had a very good relationship to JV. It is true that MC became extremely close to her dad's fiance, closer than she was to her own mother.

Well in this case WC is right. Their birth months have been posted and he was literally 3 months shy of committing statutory rape when they first started dating.

12 and 17, 15 and and 19? Wrong, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member