WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I remember, the COD article stated something about the violent acts occurring within a short period of time. Here it is:
Of course, that is a subjective statement and possibly only made to make family feel better about what MC had to endure. {Also, although I think they would, are they considering all three injuries as "homicidal violence"?}

Still, an attack while going through the car wash could be plausible IF we forget (or disbelieve) LE's statements towards the condition of MC's car. Almost any attack, (and certainly what is described as the COD), happening inside her car would leave a significant amount of evidence behind. Add to that, an attack while going through the car wash adds a high degree of danger towards getting caught, making me think it would only be done in a non-premeditated murder situation, (or as a last resort - the car wash being the only opportunity the murderer has to be semi-alone with MC). Still, where would the suspect get the RUMORED murder weapon which caused the blunt force trauma? A hammer is not likely to be found in MC's car, so murderer would need to have it on them, meaning we are back to premeditated, which again doesn't really make sense to premeditate for a murder to happen while going through a car wash.

I'm going in circles with this one. It's not impossible, but I believe we have to throw away some "facts" as LE has reported them. So many it becomes implausible IMO. With the phone off / not receiving calls as early as 4:15, (possibly indicating MC was already in trouble), doesn't really affect many of the theories I have read. Although, if you are going with the theory that MC went willingly out to CB, with her cell phone leaving service area as the reason texts and calls weren't going through, then that leaves for a tighter time-frame. Every other location we know of, (or has been rumored of), is only a few minutes from downtown.

So here's an idea about some of your great devil's advocate work (thanks!!!)
I don't know about you but I keep a very large flashlight (heavy metal one) in my car to use for light but also to hit people that scare me on the head----so that could be a weapon to hit her on the head if she had something like that. Second, maybe that blow did not lead to any blood but left some other evidence when the perp moved her out of the driver's seat (hair, etc.). And maybe it is THAT evidence that made LE worried when they found her car up at PC and suggested that something more had happened to her than disappearing. The idea of pre-meditating an attack in the carwash totally makes sense to me---I can picture that being a perfect (5 min. of no one being able to hear or see anything) set up to plan----as long as you know that you can get her out of the driver's seat.

It explains how she could get incapacitated in 15 minutes IF and I mean IF we are talking about a 15 minute window between an Uncomfirmed sighting at 4 PM and 4:15 unanswered text by JV (although we still don't know if his 4:15 texts went right to voicemail). You are right that this seems risky for the perp and it seems like it would require great strength---I agree.

And also---AltTheory----you are right it could be that in the carwash the perp threatened her, took over her phone etc. and didn't hit her there but began the process of forcing her to drive up to the Sunnyslope house etc. That is also probable.
Either way I think something happened inside the carwash because the perp planned it that way and that is why the strange decision to go to the carwash.

From an earlier post by MelissaW, "He said he tried calling her multiple times after that and it went straight to voicemail, which made him think the phone was turned off."

It sounds like it did not ring and ring, but went straight to voicemail. Perhaps MelissaW can verify for sure?

good point! But I am wondering WHEN that started happening.......was it at 4:15 or was it at 4:45 or later?

It's obvious to me that many WS members have been doing this for a long time. My question is to Liz, Hoppy, Salem and any other super veterens out there. Have you ever Sleuthed a case to finality, where LE was later found to have been deceptive?

IMO it happens all of the time.

Did JV say if when he tried calling her that it rang and rang and then went to voicemail or did it go straight to voicemail?

I feel this is very important due to something that happened to me.... I was at work and my phone was stolen. I thought I had just "misplaced" it and so I called it so it could ring and it would be heard. The first time I called it, it rang the appropriate number of times (5 or so) before going to voicemail... then I was calling it right back (so I could continue to search for it and hear it ring) and it went straight to voicemail.... and each time after that it went straight to voicemail. I then realized that it had been stolen and the first time I called it actually rang and the thief then turned it off, which meant it went straight to voicemail.

So, if JV called and it rang and rang and then he called back very shortly after and it went straight to voicemail, perhaps the murderer turned it off after realizing it was on? Or if the first time he called it went straight to voicemail, it was already off or destroyed....... MOO

it seems like someone on the defense side could call "entrapment" or something like that............

Entrapment is when LE induces a person to commit a crime.

The courts have ruled that it is OK for LE to lie with the exception of certain instances.

That's not very sleuthelicious of LE, nor does it allow greater sleuthability by those here that are so....sleuthy!

I can just hear you saying this LOL falling back in my chair!:cheerful::cheerful:

Entrapment is when LE induces a person to commit a crime.

The courts have ruled that it is OK for LE to lie with the exception of certain instances.

wowee really???!!!!!!!!! I thought that was just on the TV for good stories.

SNIPPED BY ME FROM THREAD #13 - 3-24-10 10:03PM #74 BY SHORTSTUFF

Has it been posted on WS that the utensil that was used on MC (maybe to dismeber?) was a sheetrock knife? I heard this as rumor- I can't remember where.

For the fellow WSers on here that visit other cases, is it common for family to be on here helping with information? Or ATLEAST thanking people for their time and energy?

For my last post (50th) I wrote a 3 paragraph reply, and of course when I pushed send I got booted off! Ggrr! Although I do not have time to re-do it, I'd like to leave you tonight with a couple more final thoughts.

I have been thinking in depth about LE's behavior on this case. In considering the "gang" angle, I have a hard time believing that LE would approach that with the "SILENCE is GOLDEN" philosophy, due to the fact that the more pressure LE put on through the media, the better the result would be in getting kids to "roll over" on eachother. Afterall, if it was gang afiliated, with this much time that as passed, surely there would have been talking by now. And most likely an arrest. It is my LIMITED understanding that gang members do things like this for the bragging rights, afterall. LE's approach does not point my mind to gang, but rather to someone much different.

Due to the silence on the part of the family and LE, I would profile the killer(s) more like this; potentially smart, probably computer savvy, construction related on SOME level, older, of a higher socio-economic strata, and AGAIN, someone VERY,VERY close. I also think think that the forensics/DNA may pose a problem for LE because of the close relation to MC.

Finally, I would like to thank all the WSers for dedicating their time and energy to MC; as I know most of us have families. Even in this horrible time, it warms my heart to know there are such wonderful people out there still. All I can say is IF I WERE MC'S FAMILY, I WOULD BE THANKING THE HIGH HEAVENS FOR ALL OF YOU! Sometimes it feels like we are her family. Fighting for her cause. Loving eachother, even with differing opinions. Amicabley agreeing to disagree at times. And most of all, not stopping until we bring the killer(s) to justice.

May God bless all of you who have contributed.......

This was the post I was talking about that seemed cryptic. JMOO

snipped:
Anyway, just speculation....trying to figure it out. We all want you to Rest in Peace, dear Mackenzie. I am certain the killer(s) must be caught and justice served so she can receive peace fully. [/color]

I was at the candlelight vigil the night before she was found. WW was present and taking a lot of pics and names. Only 2 pics were in the paper or in their online gallery of that night. A friend told me "the creeps show up for things like this" and so we kept our eyes peeled for anything strange.
This is what I noticed (strange):
WC and RC were NEVER together. RC was the only parent who spoke. WC was quiet, received lots of hugs/condolences while a man stood over her shoulder. He was standing so close his front was against her back. He never engaged in conversation but kept his eyes over the crowd. At the time I was more tore up to see 2 parents unable to come together to find their missing daughter. As days went by I got more creeped out wondering who this guy was. Through this website I was able to piece it together that it was JF.
I thought it was strange that he didn't talk to anyone and odd that the paper didn't post more pics of the love for MC that was shown that night.

I hope it is ok to post a link to this

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/photo....jpg?ac11bf8fe6c3fa35f94967ba750209537ec39bf0

If its not ok, please tell me and I will delete the post.

This is where I find body language and demeanor someone odd. That is all I will say as I don't want to break the TOS.

It should be perfectly OK, it's a public media page.

I've looked at all of those pics multiple times and come to a few conclusions, but it's hard to know if they're accurate or not, since cameras capture an instant that may not really be fully accurate in real life. Subtle expression nuances can occur, making a viewer mistake sorrow for anger, a sob for a laugh, ect...KWIM?

Things I noticed, though- RC looks pissed in almost every photo (not that I blame him!), his fiancee seems to be shooting eye daggers at someone down the row during the service.

Anyway, just speculation....trying to figure it out. We all want you to Rest in Peace, dear Mackenzie. I am certain the killer(s) must be caught and justice served so she can receive peace fully.

"I was at the candlelight vigil the night before she was found. WW was present and taking a lot of pics and names. Only 2 pics were in the paper or in their online gallery of that night. A friend told me "the creeps show up for things like this" and so we kept our eyes peeled for anything strange.
This is what I noticed (strange):
WC and RC were NEVER together. RC was the only parent who spoke. WC was quiet, received lots of hugs/condolences while a man stood over her shoulder. He was standing so close his front was against her back. He never engaged in conversation but kept his eyes over the crowd. At the time I was more tore up to see 2 parents unable to come together to find their missing daughter. As days went by I got more creeped out wondering who this guy was. Through this website I was able to piece it together that it was JF.
I thought it was strange that he didn't talk to anyone and odd that the paper didn't post more pics of the love for MC that was shown that night."

I had thought that JF was confirmed as NOT being there? One of the many odd things about this whole scenario. I think she had a lot of physical support from her sons.

Yes, RC and WC kept their distance for the most part.

Regarding missing phone records from Verizon.. If this was my daughter I would be calling the Attorney General, FCC, President of Verizon.... Knowing this loss of information could hinder the investigation. If they are not doing this then they don't want that information retrieved, or they know it is a ruse by LE.

It's obvious to me that many WS members have been doing this for a long time. My question is to Liz, Hoppy, Salem and any other super veterens out there. Have you ever Sleuthed a case to finality, where LE was later found to have been publicly deceptive?

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but my answer is YES. LE always says there is "no evidence of foul play" - 9 times out of 10, that is not true. What is true is that there is no evidence LE is willing to share or that the "evidence" has not been completely confirmed. LE will say this up to the day they arrest a perp.

It is always a good idea to analyze LE's statements in my opinion. Often you will find clues.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member