WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this area, the reservoir water doesn't thin out. When there isn't much activity from the dams, both the north side of the reservoir and the south side, (35 miles apart), can be at the exact same elevation. So it never looks like a "natural" flowing river through this area.

The graphs I posted earlier, (I've reposted the links for them below), show just how close the water elevation levels regularly are.

Try to think of it as a very narrow and very long bathtub with a huge drain on one end and gigantic faucet on the other. If you add and remove a small amount of water at the same time not much happens to the water levels throughout the tub. When you drain a large amount that end will dip lower and pull water from the other end. When you add a large amount that end will get higher and "surge" down to the other end to equalize until you turn off the faucet. Turning the faucet off quickly or plugging the tub quickly can cause sloshing inside the tub. Drain and fill the tub at the same time and things get interesting - if you've imagined a big enough bathtub, there can be times when the faucet side of the tub is 6 feet higher than the drain side of the tub - like at 7 pm on the Tuesday MC went missing - by the way, this was the highest water level event during the time MC was missing.

I see you've also dared to ask, "How does this impact our case?"

I don't think it does. Nor did I ever think it did. I've only gone down this path to determine how plausible the RUMOR of feet in "reservoir" water might be. But, this info DOES impact that RUMOR, (and media misquotes - IMO). The water level was quite far out on the shoreline when the body was discovered. The water level should have recently receded before the body was found -- around 6 to 8 inches about 1 hour and 15 minutes earlier. A body in reservoir water would also have started getting wet again from another Rock Island Dam release between 3 and 4 pm, (unless LE had already moved the body -- in which case the location they SUPPOSEDLY found the body would be getting covered by water. IMO, LE could have placed some phone calls to the dam operators and stopped that from happening if they wanted to.

I had to edit this down because I've started repeating myself... I've covered most of this in the earlier post and with these two line graphs.

Downloads
Water Levels While MC Missing
Water Levels After MC Found
Several years ago, at Wenatchee's Confluence Park, a fine young man, 17, drowned at a designated swimming area where water depth had been about 8 feet, for days.
No sign gave warning of nightly water releases. When he attempted to swim acoss a narrow stretch, he suffered hypothermia and, with the unexpectedly deep water-now, about 12 feet,- he drowned. Now, there is a warning sign, years overdue.

I am still purplexed by "curiousfortruth's" post awhile back that stated her daughter (who evidently attends the beauty school that MC did) was confided in by MC on the day that she went missing that she had "cheated" on her boyfriend this past New Year's. I still want some kind of answer as to why that information was on MC's mind the day she went missing. Why would that have been in the forefront of her mind unless she was going to have to deal with that issue that day (over a month later)? If, and that is a huge if, MC did in fact "cheat" on her boyfriend, would not one of her close friends know who she "cheated" with? Maybe that is why the "twins" have been re-interrogated (if that is fact). I know it is alot of if's, but I am still stuck on that post. Sorry to repeat myself. All of this is intriguing to me and I am wondering why no one else here is entertaining or questioning further who the supposed "fling" was with. All this is very curious to me.

I was wondering if the Tacoma guy was the fling or some guy from here or who knows where, but would be interesting to find out if true and who!

Interesting...

I was just checking out JL's Myspace page, and it looks like a LOT of photo albums have been removed, including HR's memorial photo shoot for MC, and the Jan/Feb albums that had a lot of water pics.

Is anyone else seeing that? Or am I missing a link to see more?

The daffodils are gone?

ETA: God Autumn, your vids make me feel we are walking the path of the killer...my stomach is in knots.

Excellent work! Thank you, AR. :)

Thanks for the vids. That is great. What a beautiful property. During one of the videos, I had a deja vu moment. It was very weird, but I felt like soon the killer will say something that gets themselves caught. Goodness, I sure hope so!

The daffodils are gone?

ETA: God Autumn, your vids make me feel we are walking the path of the killer...my stomach is in knots.

I didn't see any daffodils, but I only went into the one small opening. Seriously, it so overgrown! The stream is actually huge and very powerful, but you can't get close to it as it is nearly grown over with very thorny bramble type bushes and the ground everywhere is really soggy. I went all the way around all the brush & trees to get down to the beach. I went right by the figure 8, which is full of weeds, etc. However, around here, that can happen within a week! The track looks bigger than, say, remote controlled cars. Could just be a bike or a couple of bikes or maybe a small dirt bike, but I would think that if it was a regular event, the tracks in the figure 8 would be bigger and not so uniform. The ground is very soft so it wouldn't take much to make a permanent track! Anyhow, I didn't find the trail until I was down on the beach and found the small opening. You have to stoop to get through all the bushes and trees overhead and the bank is probably 5 ft. I say that becuz I'm only 4'11" and the clearing where the yellow paint is on the grass was like a bit above eye level for me. Will try to do more "exploring" next time, but I'm not taking a machete! Seriously, someone needs to just go in there with a backhoe, but I'm sure it has probably been deemed an environmentally protected safe haven for..............um........ ....... :laugh:gargoyles and............ sleuthers! :bananapowerslide:

I didn't see any daffodils, but I only went into the one small opening. Seriously, it so overgrown! The stream is actually huge and very powerful, but you can't get close to it as it is nearly grown over with very thorny bramble type bushes and the ground everywhere is really soggy. I went all the way around all the brush & trees to get down to the beach. I went right by the figure 8, which is full of weeds, etc. However, around here, that can happen within a week! The track looks bigger than, say, remote controlled cars. Could just be a bike or a couple of bikes or maybe a small dirt bike, but I would think that if it was a regular event, the tracks in the figure 8 would be bigger and not so uniform. The ground is very soft so it wouldn't take much to make a permanent track! Anyhow, I didn't find the trail until I was down on the beach and found the small opening. You have to stoop to get through all the bushes and trees overhead and the bank is probably 5 ft. I say that becuz I'm only 4'11" and the clearing where the yellow paint is on the grass was like a bit above eye level for me. Will try to do more "exploring" next time, but I'm not taking a machete! Seriously, someone needs to just go in there with a backhoe, but I'm sure it has probably been deemed an environmentally protected safe haven for..............um........ ....... :laugh:gargoyles and............ sleuthers! :bananapowerslide:
I failred to see your post and the link Sorry. Great Work

AutumnRose, that said, if MC's body was brought down the rumored path would the perp have been scratched and possibly torn clothing?

Girlfawkes - you rock.

I was going back to catch up on weekend media reports and your comments on WW were organized, researched, and articulate...you make us at WS proud

Thank you for the pictures and videos Autumn Rose! I am glad there is still activity here, as I tried to get into the chat room, but was unable to.

Thanks for the very helpful hands on pic. and videos AutumnRose. Have drove by CB several times to go look but kinda got scared out by being told it was creepy. Now I can get the layout better.

Interrupt this thread for a PSA.** No responses please, this is for informational purposes only**

I am not usually in this forum but I just reviewed some of the removed posts in this thread and thought it might be helpful to post some additional information.

Thanks in advance for not responding to this post. But if you have questions about anything I am posting here, feel free to write a note to a forum moderator, any administrator,or to the owner.

Please don't let the conversation in a thread become about a poster. We would never let anyone talk about you on a thread and so it applies all the way around.This is particularly important when the conversation is about a member that has been banned or is in TO. You can ask them the reason for their TO or banning, but we do not discuss that with any other members. It is personal to that member and it is up to them as to whether they would like the reason revealed.

Also,here are some excerpts from our Best Practices section of the forum. if it has been a while since you have read them, now would be a good time to review.

Attacking WS Moderators & Administrators:

Posting a thread or reply to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function, or email, staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

Here are the “Dos” and “Don’ts” of addressing your concerns to moderators or administrators:

Do be civil and polite. Bring up your concerns in a mature and respectful manner. If you are contacting us because you violated forum guidelines, be adult enough to admit your mistake. If your ID has been locked for some reason, talking politely to us about it in private, via e-mail or private message, can get your ID reinstated in many cases.

Do not be derogatory or insulting towards us. You will not get what you want by name calling or bashing us.

All we ask is that you treat us the way you would want us to treat you. If you treat us with respect, we will do the same for you.

Realize that a lot goes on behind the scenes. If you are thinking to yourself "Those moderators are either total idiots or they know something I do not", it's safe to assume we know something you do not.

WS Bashing:

Threads and posts attacking WS Policies will not be allowed. Further, any member found to be bad mouthing the WS community at an outside location will have their membership blocked. If you do not care for this community, you really have no business here anyway.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/U] [COLOR=black... Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/COLOR]

The daffodils are gone?

Hi Jgk, They are dying everywhere as their season is over. xox

Sorry, Old and Slooww (#WEBSLEUTHS) is where I am lost.. Sorry, help.. about to give, for the eve??
I was lost too Hum, as a warning window popped up saying there could be a problem for my computer. In desperation I finally clicked OK on that window and in I went. I figured if the chat room is sponsored by WS it must be safe after all. xox

You can't blame them, this is a MURDER of a young girl, and prickly brush is ok to omit?

ITA..Nothing is OK to omit for ANY reason..I also can't & don't believe LE would skip thoroughly searching "prickly brush" of all things..I'm sure they've had to search way worse (landfills for example) in the course of many investigations & do it without any hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member