WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A store surveillance picked up lights at the CB home? Is that possible? It seems so remote in all the pics people have posted. Where would the store be? WHY would someone have their lights on?

Actually, the road down into CB is pretty high, as is the drive way for the CB house. It's also very steep and narrow. You would need your lights on! At the bottom of the drive you gotta make a hard right, or you will end up in the upper pond! If you look at the pictures I posted, I took some from the road above 156 Crescent Bar and you can see all the houses and condos, etc. from the road and the drive-way. So, stands to reason they can see you, if it's dark especially and you have head lights on. You really need to know where the drive way is, though, or you will drive right past it! You can see that in the video I took today. It's uploading. Takes a awhile.

I just wanted to say a big hello to everyone. I have been following along with all of you from the beginning and finally created an account. You have all done such a wonderful job on this case. I, like all of you, am desperately awaiting an arrest or at the very least more information.

I go back and forth often with the many different theories here, but some small part of me just keeps saying this crime was perpetrated by a female(and I do NOT think WC as I have seen her comments on the FB memorial for Mackenzie etc). I hate to say it, but I just cant stop thinking of that case with the cheerleader Mom...I can not remember the names please forgive me. I will try to find the link but I vaguely remember talk of MC only being a member of the dance team for a very short while...does anyone else remember this? Does anyone recall how long?

This is of course just my opinion. I also cant help but ponder how one person could physically be able to strangle AND stab another. I just wonder why the strangling first if there was a knife? And if the knife was so readily accessible, then why the strangling? This of course is speculation as we have no idea what exactly her injuries were etc...( ETA: I mean we dont know the order of injuries and/or if there were defensive wounds etc)

Sigh I truly hope LE arrests the person(s) responsible for snuffing out her beautiful young life!!!

I just wanted to say a big hello to everyone. I have been following along with all of you from the beginning and finally created an account. You have all done such a wonderful job on this case. I, like all of you, am desperately awaiting an arrest or at the very least more information.

I go back and forth often with the many different theories here, but some small part of me just keeps saying this crime was perpetrated by a female(and I do NOT think WC as I have seen her comments on the FB memorial for Mackenzie etc). I hate to say it, but I just cant stop thinking of that case with the cheerleader Mom...I can not remember the names please forgive me. I will try to find the link but I vaguely remember talk of MC only being a member of the dance team for a very short while...does anyone else remember this? Does anyone recall how long?

This is of course just my opinion. I also cant help but ponder how one person could physically be able to strangle AND stab another. I just wonder why the strangling first if there was a knife? And if the knife was so readily accessible, then why the strangling? This of course is speculation as we have no idea what exactly her injuries were etc...( ETA: I mean we dont know the order of injuries and/or if there were defensive wounds etc)

Sigh I truly hope LE arrests the person(s) responsible for snuffing out her beautiful young life!!!

Welcome Astraea! We always welcome new input! I think everybody is in the chat room. I haven't logged in there yet as I'm working on other things.
Here's the link: http://www.serenity-irc.net/java/java.php
You will need to enter your WS name: password and then enter Websleuth's in the key # I think. next line down, anyhow. Warning, tho! You may be up all night! Also, I think we have a concensus on the order of things regarding MC's COD. First: A bad hit on the head........then strangulation.......then stabbing. It's hard to fathom any one person doing that and then the rest and having that much rage towards her!

Anyhow........great to have you! Check out the chat room. I'll see ya in there shortly!

Welcome, Astraea! (That's my cat's name!)

You ask good questions about the C(s)OD... I wonder if the stabbing was an absolute last resort, after BFT and strangulation didn't work? I don't believe we've heard a confirmation on what the stabbing instrument was, so in my opinion, it may or may not have been a tool that was carried to the site of the violence - could just as easily been something that was discovered nearby and handy for the killer.

Of course, that's all JMO, and complete speculation.

Great to have you here!

This is of course just my opinion. I also cant help but ponder how one person could physically be able to strangle AND stab another. I just wonder why the strangling first if there was a knife? And if the knife was so readily accessible, then why the strangling?

The killer could have been afraid that the knife would have been taken from them, which (if true) means they're probably not experienced knife fighters.

Strangulation knocked MC out, the knife was to "make sure."

ARose, your photos and videos are GREAT. Your voice... just like I expected!

Thank you for doing that for us.

As visible as those spiked red markers were, I found it odd that it took so long for the person who previously posted photos to notice them, as much time as he spent at CB.

I think that the trail you see is more of a trail for wildlife to get to the water's edge. That's one of the few nonpopulated places along the Columbia in that area that has waterfront access. I've got trails like that all over my property, and they always lead right to the creek. Also, the smooshed grass looks like where animals have been lying...perhaps deer? I also have those clearings in my hay pasture where the white tails low at night.

Anyway... all that aside, THANK YOU for visiting 156 and for letting us know that it's not a spooky place. It's just a place where something bad happened, and there are many places like that on the face of this earth--I'd say that most of the earth's surface has experienced something humanly bad.

Oh, did I tell you I'm not worthy? :p

Thanks so much to everyone for the welcome :biggrin:

Autumn I am not sure I am ready for chat, it took me a couple years to create an account here after all lol!! But thank you so very much for the offer.

jarethamarie I am a fellow cat lover and think you have chosen a fine name for your feline friend :innocent: I agree with your statement about not knowing whether or not it was a knife and didnt mean to sound assured in the notion it was :eek:

PaulR I tend to agree with this theory(or the opposite possibility that she was stabbed and then the perp strangled her because she didnt pass right away)

This is of course purely speculation on my part and my opinion could change drastically with the release of more info. I certainly wish there was much more verifiable information available to us on at least this subject, but I also understand LEs need to keep that close for now :(

I've wondered whether she was taking it hard, or enjoying the limelight from her closeness to Mackenzie.

If I recall correctly, Mackenzie had barely gone missing, and she called the WW to tell them that she was MC's best friend and wanted to do an interview with them.

Huh?

My "best friend" goes missing, I'm gonna be right there with the family, doing whatever I can to put put flyers, talk to people, stay in contact with LE... and if I were 18 and my best friend had been killed, my mother would have the good sense to keep me OUT of the media, especially if there's a "killer on the loose" whose identity no one knows. That is, unless the identity is known by the limelight chaser.

EXACTLY what I've been thinking all along about the limelight chaser. She has said some nasty things to other girls who have been grieving, like they have no right to be upset because SHE is MC best friend. I disagree that MC would consider her THE best friend. I mean, yes they were friends, but only became "best" once MC went missing.

I also believe a female is involved.
MC was only on the hs dance team since summer 2009. She did NOT participate on the team until the start of her Senior year, that is when she joined. I do not know if she was doing other dance groups before then. She was doing BOTH Apple ettes and Dance creation at the same time.

I am unable to get to chat room, so I guess this is no longer worth checking? Does this just stop now that those who are interested have gone elsewhere?

No, Deboo... I prefer the forum!

Don't leave!

I am unable to get to chat room, so I guess this is no longer worth checking? Does this just stop now that those who are interested have gone elsewhere?

Good morning. I hope this crime is solved...soon!

I do not know why I am unable to get there, but I am quite challenged when it comes to this stuff. I appreciated so much being able to keep up with others who are as interested as I about Mackenzie. Thanks to everyone!

I think most of us want to keep on sleuthing this case here! For me, websleuths pages have been loading extemely slow for the past day and a half. Anyone else experiencing this issue? TIA! :)

ITA..Nothing is OK to omit for ANY reason..I also can't & don't believe LE would skip thoroughly searching "prickly brush" of all things..I'm sure they've had to search way worse (landfills for example) in the course of many investigations & do it without any hesitation.

IIRC, some of the best investigators at the FEDERAL level missed the blasting caps in the crawl space under the house/rental of Timothy Mcveigh after being searched numerous times by FBI/ATF and such. The crawl space under the house was dirty and dusty. Cobwebs must have frightened them off.

The person who found the blasting caps was the next person who purchased the home.

So, I guess I'm saying that the CB house needs to get purchased soon so there can be someone there that might care enough about the land to get rid of some invasive species. :) (Yes, it would technically by PUD, public land. I guess that means any local can volunteer right now to go pick up any "litter" they might find. Be sure to wear gloves!)

I do not know why I am unable to get there, but I am quite challenged when it comes to this stuff. I appreciated so much being able to keep up with others who are as interested as I about Mackenzie. Thanks to everyone!

I am unable to get to it as well... :(

Liz, the pages have been loading okay for me on this end.

And I still have a strong feeling this was a female involved murder just gut feeling and speculation, and I also think that you all are awesome have come up with some great theories and ideas.

I wonder if "cheated" means sex or other forms of intimacy?

I go with teen girls, for perps, maybe with teen boys as back up. violent overkill from rage and to "make sure" she was dead. If you were the perp(s), I think you'd be hanging in tight little groups, scared to death, to make sure no one talks. I hope LE gets every break necessary to swiftly bring the guilty to justice. I hear a lot of negative comments about LE. I think they have the toughest job and do it extremely well.

I want to second the hope that all of the sleuther's will continue to post in this forum. I finally found my way into the chat room last night, and while interesting and having the feeling at least for me of a great social networking/friendship building arena, it was extremely hard for me to follow the flow. (I might be information overload challenged!) Alt.Theory, I was trying to focus in on the information you were giving, but I was lost having not been privy to where the information came from, as well as from trying to sift through the posts in between your posts. Would you be able to summarize here please? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98