WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but after you create a FB group you can not change the name of the group. If you want a different group name you have to create another group ... so the current title of that group is the original from Feb 12.

Odd. I'm sure there is a logical explanation?

It is my experience that a groups name CAN be changed.

Chuck, the name of a FB group can be changed. One of my groups recently changed its name.

Originally Posted by Astraea
I am not sure if this ok to post, please forgive me if it is NOT. I came across an apparent friend of MCs on FB (I dont think I can post her name even though there is relevant stuff about MC on her wall, because she hasnt been named and she still has her age as 16).

She recently joined a group for a young man that from what I can tell committed suicide in March(the FB comments led me to believe this). MC and this young man seem to have known some mutual friends. I dont know where I am going with this really, but it just seems odd so close to MC being murdered.

Here is the link to the memorial page. I hope this is within TOS if it isnt please please forgive me and feel free to delete this post !

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...!/group.php?v=wall&ref=mf&gid=108670845817810

I apologize in advance to anyone who might not like this theory: Is it possible that this poor young man was infatuated with MC, she just wanted to be friends or less, he took his life because of it and then some friends blamed MC for it? I don't want to involve them if that is ridiculous but I'm just throwing it out there as an idea.

Responding to this quote on last Thread:

This young man's death didn't have anything to do with MC. Unfortunately it was another person in Seattle area. This is fact from family member that works for me. I am only responding so that it isn't left in question regarding MC. Timing made it look unusual but the sad part is not connected.

Chuck- I also find the description odd. This isn't someone who died naturally and you can just move on and remember them. It is someone who was brutally murdered, where's the outrage! Where is the desperation to find who did this to her?

:waitasec: I agree with you, Chuck. Why are the Remembering Mackenzie posts dated February 12?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=336329031326&ref=mf#!/group.php?v=info&ref=mf&gid=336329031326

I am sorry for posting about that FB group but I find certain details of the group to be 'unusual'. I know it was created by a C family member, but:

The FB group was created Feb 12, 2010.

Why, on Feb 12, does the description contain: was
MC wasn't found as deceased until Feb 13, 2010.

Also, on Feb 12, the title: Celebrating the life of Mackenzie Nicole Cowell

On Feb 12 MC was listed only as 'missing'. I would expect the title to have been similar to: Help Find Mackenzie Nicole Cowell

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but after you create a FB group you can not change the name of the group. If you want a different group name you have to create another group ... so the current title of that group is the original from Feb 12.

Odd. I'm sure there is a logical explanation?

ETA: it is confirmed a FB group name may be changed after the group is created ... and I assume you may change the description text as well.

Interesting point Chuck; this page was created by TC, MC's eldest brother. I do believe that it had another name when it was first put up then it was changed once she was found. IIRC. Not sure if there's any way to verify that. I can't recall what the group was called when it was started but I am a "fan" of that page from the beginning. Sorry not more help on this one.

Hello everyone. I am new to this website, in fact using forums at all. I stumbled across this place while researching a different missing person's case. I just had a thought last night in response to others mentioning the "brody" marks in the lawn. I read earlier that some thought it was an "8" if I remember right, glasses,or maybe just the brody marks. I got to thinking, and what came to my mind is "infinity". The sign used in mathematics for "unaboundness" or "goes on forever". It would be a figure eight if looked at lengthwise. Is it possible that if it were made on the day she was killed, that it was the killer/killers expression of his/her love or hatred they would feel (forever)? I don't know.
The other thought I had was maybe the killer/killers made the brody marks after and were for lack of a better word "showing off". I have just been thinking about things trying to make some sense of it all, and that entered my mind. There are "IF'S" there, but I guess that's part of brainstorming. lol

Hello everyone. I am new to this website, in fact using forums at all. I stumbled across this place while researching a different missing person's case. I just had a thought last night in response to others mentioning the "brody" marks in the lawn. I read earlier that some thought it was an "8" if I remember right, glasses,or maybe just the brody marks. I got to thinking, and what came to my mind is "infinity". The sign used in mathematics for "unaboundness" or "goes on forever". It would be a figure eight if looked at lengthwise. Is it possible that if it were made on the day she was killed, that it was the killer/killers expression of his/her love or hatred they would feel (forever)? I don't know.
The other thought I had was maybe the killer/killers made the brody marks after and were for lack of a better word "showing off". I have just been thinking about things trying to make some sense of it all, and that entered my mind. There are "IF'S" there, but I guess that's part of brainstorming. lol

Welcome Falcon! I though the exact same thing as you, way back when!! Infinity was the first thing that came to my mind. I believe it has been determined that the brodies are indeed old. A poster remembers seeing them there before and they have quite extensive weeds growing out of them. We could all be wrong, but I am pretty sure they were there prior to this event. Welcome to WS and get ready for some heavy duty sleuthing!

Interesting point Chuck; this page was created by TC, MC's eldest brother. I do believe that it had another name when it was first put up then it was changed once she was found. IIRC. Not sure if there's any way to verify that. I can't recall what the group was called when it was started but I am a "fan" of that page from the beginning. Sorry not more help on this one.

That makes sense.

Originally Posted by Astraea
I am not sure if this ok to post, please forgive me if it is NOT. I came across an apparent friend of MCs on FB (I dont think I can post her name even though there is relevant stuff about MC on her wall, because she hasnt been named and she still has her age as 16).

She recently joined a group for a young man that from what I can tell committed suicide in March(the FB comments led me to believe this). MC and this young man seem to have known some mutual friends. I dont know where I am going with this really, but it just seems odd so close to MC being murdered.

Here is the link to the memorial page. I hope this is within TOS if it isnt please please forgive me and feel free to delete this post !

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...!/group.php?v=wall&ref=mf&gid=108670845817810

I apologize in advance to anyone who might not like this theory: Is it possible that this poor young man was infatuated with MC, she just wanted to be friends or less, he took his life because of it and then some friends blamed MC for it? I don't want to involve them if that is ridiculous but I'm just throwing it out there as an idea.

Responding to this quote on last Thread:

This young man's death didn't have anything to do with MC. Unfortunately it was another person in Seattle area. This is fact from family member that works for me. I am only responding so that it isn't left in question regarding MC. Timing made it look unusual but the sad part is not connected.

I just wanted to point out the last paragraph was not my quote although it somehow showed up as being so in your post :) I also clarified a few posts later that I personally did not think that HE did have anything to do with MCs death. I was more so pointing out the fact this person had mutual friends with MC :)

Thanks greydiggity!! Glad you cleared that up for me. I tried to get up to date as possible before I posted, but seems I missed that. LOL
For some reason this case has intrigued me. I wake up thinking about it and go to bed thinking about it. :crazy: I will say that before I actually got all the way to the end of the thread I thought the evidence pointed toward a female. But then I thought..and I may have missed this too..that if a bag was put over MC's head then it was someone who couldn't handle seeing her face while they killed her. JMO I hope that everyone keeps posting on here as I enjoy sleuthing, and from what I've read chat is ok for some but not others. I hope something breaks soon for the family.:behindbar

Please do a Google for"True Crimes Mackenzie Cowell The Brodie marks on the grass." I thought it very well written and an interesting theory.

Attachments

• cowellbrodie1.jpg
    cowellbrodie1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 40
It feels to me like there is no momentum or energy here lately. I think it would be good if LE would come out with an update. I don't want the girls (mine or anyone else's) to forget there is someone among us in the community who is a murderer. Maybe LE figures there has been enough other weirdness happening around here lately to keep us on our toes.

Respectfully snipped, Thread 16: curiousforth
First hand account... she told my daughter she cheated on her boyfriend. She told my daughter not more than 30 minutes before she was gone forever. I cannot believe that for 1, nobody thinks this a significant, and 2, nobdoy thinks it's true.

I know first hand how domestic disputes can turn somebody into a madperson. Weather your the cheater or cheated or the significant other of the cheat-e.

I'm not about to start bringing this up with her to get more details as she has had a very rough last couple of months and is just now starting to get back to normal. How would you handle it if your friend walked up to you as you were cutting somebody's hair and said "be back in a few?" and was never seen alive again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above BBM. Thank you for your clarification curious; we don't want you to ask your daughter to relive any of this. I was stating what I know about "perceptions" of MC, we have ALL been through a very rough "last couple of months".

IIRC MC told me she was babysitting for JF & WC on New Year's Eve (JF's toddler son) and had a really quiet evening. I don't know about the weekend after. I tend to think that "talking" & "doing" might have some distance here. I don't want you to think that nobody believed your statement. I am open to all possibilities that lead to a solution to this holding pattern especially when we don't know who the killer among us is?

On a more positive note; with the Spring-like weather in Wenatchee today and the budding trees I was remembering this time last year when MC was heavily involved in her horticulture class at WHS. The class, under the direction of their teacher/advisor, grow-water-tend-cultivate the lovely flowers, hanging baskets & plants that are sold to the public at the annual plant sale in late April/early May to benefit the FFA/greenhouse fund. They all worked very hard at it and the fruits of their labor were bountiful!!! MC was VERY proud of her part in that plant sale, even though she wasn't really all that "into" horticulture.

I would also agree with other posts that MC was somewhat infatuated with Hispanic males, in an admiring way not so much in doing anything about it way (also remember the impact of the assault by VDD in 2005 on a young woman's developing sexuality).

MC was indeed a "needy" young lady, seeking a connection that she couldn't seem to find with WC. MC had a strong relationship with RC, but nothing substitutes for a lacking relationship with your own mother. In some ways MC was the saddest little girl I ever knew, but making huge strides in feeling better in her own skin as a young woman. Hope this makes sense and sheds a little bit of light. All IMHO

Here's a thought regarding what/how much LE knows, versus what they want the public to know, ect:
-If they (LE) have what they consider to be a reliable, solid lead,
-the POI has any gang affiliations,[/I][/I] AND
-the whereabouts of POI are known at the time,
it stands to reason that they'd act on it as quickly as they could - while they had the window of opportunity. This "window" is usually pretty limited, as gang affiliates will beat feet out of one region and into another following a major crime (if they're smart) where they can lay low for the time being.

I saw a posting where the term "SSL" was used-I assume it's in reference to South Side Locos 13 (or "South Side Crazies 13")"? They...are in Wenatchee? Do I shake my head in disbelief or nod and say "that figures."? Maybe Wenatchee is where gangsta's go when they retire.

Anyway... the problems that gangs bring to communities are bad enough, and one doesn't have to be connected with them to be a victim of gang violence. I just hope that this gang issue doesn't become a distraction away from other legitimate leads.

Posters:

Please remember that you may not post quotes from social networking sites. Post links only.

Thanks!

Gone Too Soon I have a question that came up in my own mind in response to your heartfelt post. I may have some things all wrong, so please correct me if so. I had a flag come up for me when you wrote about MC having had an infatuation with hispanic guys and then mentioning the impact of the assault on MC by VDD. I may have this wrong, but isn't he hispanic? I then remembered a post that said that WC had never met JV before this all came about, and I believe that he as well may be hispanic. My thought was that perhaps the great divide between MC and WC if it existed could possibly have been from WC wanting to keep MC out of relationships with hispanic guys because the impact on all of their lives when MC was assaulted. Sometimes when people go through something that is painful, they respond later in ways that reflect their fear and woundedness. I can see a whole lot of potential for division under those circumstances. I remember fighting many hard battles with my own daughter trying to keep her from making what I felt were the wrong choices (not that I was always right). All is speculation and my humble opinion.

could someone help me a bit on the MC and VDD assault. I am new, but have read many posts, but haven't seen anything about this until it was just mentioned above. How long before she was found did this happen to her...mos..weeks?? Just wondering if perhaps MC or WC was going to bring charges, and someone was trying to stop that. :waitasec:

could someone help me a bit on the MC and VDD assault. I am new, but have read many posts, but haven't seen anything about this until it was just mentioned above. How long before she was found did this happen to her...mos..weeks?? Just wondering if perhaps MC or WC was going to bring charges, and someone was trying to stop that. :waitasec:

It's an old case. It happened about 5 years ago.

The following quote is from the timeline that pufnstuf put together:

"VDD - When Mackenzie was 12, WC took out a restraining order against VDD, who was 17 years old at the time."

If you have not done so, reading over the timeline will help to fill in much information that might have been overlooked when reading posts. The timeline can be found by clicking here.

Welcome to WS! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member