WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I now am convinced the "glass chards [sic] from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery" refers to the kitchen counter @ 2395 Pitcher Canyon Road.

Why were the "glass chards" [sic] important?

I suspect: glass was found near to or around the outside of MC's vehicle (from 2395 resident's shoes having approached MC's vehicle upon discovering it parked on their property: remember, they reported there were "childrens clothes" in the vehicle) ..or.. since MC suffered blunt force trauma, broken glass found in the residence raised a red flag.

I also now am convinced this is a love triangle case.

What facts are you be basing this opinion on? MC was a size 5 and her exercise clothing looked like child's clothing. Do you really think those folks opened up the car and checked it out? Have you ever been to the location in question? Looking for some basis for your theory based in fact.

Good luck . Maybe you have the magic words or ID because they were not giving any info. to this little peon when I went. Clerk asked if I was family or relation. When I said no, they wanted to know who wanted these record. That's when I said " If there are any Public Records, the public has a right to know and see." on page 11 post 273. Maybe if a person doesn't mind telling a little white lie and tell them you are related or reporter or whatever may work ,you may get info. (may not be legal or professional though) but knowing my luck I probably would have gotten caught and I don't lie. They would probably want some kind of proof. By clerk asking these questions though, there might be info. for certain people available. I'm wondering. I know they have the Doc on car search (as alot of you know) but they're probably thinking if you didn't get it the first time(which was probably a slip up) they aren't going to put it out there again. As far as clothes and purse and keys who knows . Sorry if i'm not explaining myself well.

New Theory and an interesting one. It Made me remember this: This is an email I received from a friend who gave me OK to post as long as I removed names and initials. "I have not told anyone this because it was told to me by **. the mother of the ****** who lives up PC. Her son and daughter-in-law was question by Le that night Mac 's car was found .
She told me they saw a tall ******** thin man,with a dark jacket with a hood over his head walking by their house on road. When he got closer to their house he turned his head away from them as not to be seen. It just seemed out of place to see a ******** in that area to them. Don't know if he had anything to do with the murder. I'm sure **would'nt lie."
Later, I was told this man walked up the road, not down.

The man was seen the night that MC's car was found at PC? Do you know what time he was seen?

When you say the man walked up PC, do you mean he walked towards the dead end of PC, or that he walked towards the main road?

He was seen the night that |Mackenzie's car was found. As for time, I don't know but we may speculate based on it being February and that it was still light enough for him to be seen by someone indoors. I specifically asked about the up or down direction because it seemed important. He was walking up, into the dead end canyon, not down, toward town. My friend was told this by the mother of the man who lives at the house on Pitcher Canyon Rd. and saw the man walking. She says he told this information to LE that same night. I hope so.

2395 Pitcher Canyon Rd. belongs to the Hurd family. There's a bunch of them; from some in their 80's to some in their 20's. I have no idea who lives there now or last year.

I just got word that the people saw the man walking but didn't say if it was up or down. I have the earlier msg which says up.So, take your pick.I was thinking,since I posted this this morning, maybe they told LE one thing, and their Mom another, Today, saw this on here and sent Mom an email and she emailed my friend, trying to get stories to match.? just saying. It was odd that a story in email form that's been in my inbox for months changes as soon as I post it.

Interesting....

Well, if the guy was walking up PC, towards the dead end, I am guessing he had nothing to do with MC's car.

What facts are you be basing this opinion on? MC was a size 5 and her exercise clothing looked like child's clothing. Do you really think those folks opened up the car and checked it out? Have you ever been to the location in question? Looking for some basis for your theory based in fact.

Vehicles have windows. I never commented, "those folks opened up the car and checked it out".

No, I have not been to the location in question. So?

A 911 report sheet indicates a call was placed from 2395 Pitcher Canyon Road, as reporting a red vehicle containing "children's clothes".

The property seizure report related to recovery / search of MC's vehicle, spawned from a search warrant which very likely included the home / property from which the vehicle was recovered, included this item: "13. glass chards [sic] from kithcen counter @ home - LOI recovery".

Police indicated MC was not sexually assaulted and COD report indicates MC suffered blunt force trauma, AND strangulation AND stabbing. Indicates either a serial killer, thrill killing or a crime of passion.

Those are facts on which I base my theory.

There aren't "links" to the official documents because they are sealed now and should have been from the beginning (probable oversight). They are public record however, so you could go to the Clerk's office if you wanted to try to gain access.

Regarding your comment: "they are sealed now"? Is there an official statement indicating they are now sealed?

What early criteria determined for, or situations occurred in this case that would predicate the records "should have been sealed from the beginning (probable oversight)" as you claim?

If they are sealed as you claim (assuming you mean in a commonly accepted meaning of court-ordered sealed from general public view for a defined period) as you claim, you "could go to the Clerk's office if you wanted to try to gain access" but, you'd be attempting to gain access to records sealed under court order ... good luck with that.

But, I have not read any reports indicating records were officially sealed in this case. LE not *releasing* records is not the same as a court order *sealing* records.

Vehicles have windows. I never commented, "those folks opened up the car and checked it out".

No, I have not been to the location in question. So?

A 911 report sheet indicates a call was placed from 2395 Pitcher Canyon Road, as reporting a red vehicle containing "children's clothes".

The property seizure report related to recovery / search of MC's vehicle, spawned from a search warrant which very likely included the home / property from which the vehicle was recovered, included this item: "13. glass chards [sic] from kithcen counter @ home - LOI recovery".

Police indicated MC was not sexually assaulted and COD report indicates MC suffered blunt force trauma, AND strangulation AND stabbing. Indicates either a serial killer, thrill killing or a crime of passion.

Those are facts on which I base my theory.

We need to keep in mind that this seizure report is dated the 17th of the month... after they had initially towed MC's car to the impound and after they located her body.

Keeping those two important facts in mind I have to respectfully disagree and state that the "kitchen counter @ home LOI-Recovery" must have referred to the CB house or a crime scene location that has not been publicly released.

The only recovery that was done on PCR was that of the car on the 9th of Feb, and the car was half a mile away from any homes but the H residence... it just seems far fetched that the LOI-recovery was the H house... if it were so easy the police would have already solved the case.

I think with everything the killer did that was smart and planned out, they would have been remiss to put the car anywhere near their place of residence.

All IMHOO :waitasec:

We need to keep in mind that this seizure report is dated the 17th of the month... after they had initially towed MC's car to the impound and after they located her body.

Keeping those two important facts in mind I have to respectfully disagree and state that the "kitchen counter @ home LOI-Recovery" must have referred to the CB house or a crime scene location that has not been publicly released.

The only recovery that was done on PCR was that of the car on the 9th of Feb, and the car was half a mile away from any homes but the Hurd residence... it just seems far fetched that the LOI-recovery was the Hurd house... if it were so easy the police would have already solved the case.

I think with everything the killer did that was smart and planned out, they would have been remiss to put the car anywhere near their place of residence.

All IMHOO :waitasec:

I never commented that I believe the Hurd's were involved except for the following: someone at the 2395 Pitcher Canyon Road placed a call to LE to report a vehicle with "children's clothes", and probably also reported a purse in the vehicle but that information is not presented in the truncated 911 call report for that day. The purse reference does appear in news reports.

For that someone to report their were "children's clothes" in the vehicle they would have had to have approached the vehicle, close enough to see what was inside.

The property seizure report is specific to items as they relate to MC's vehicle.

No mention of a body, knife, blood trails, etc. on the report therefore, IMO the report is specific to MC's vehicle and probably to the PCR property because that is the "LOI - recovery" as it pertains to MC's vehicle.

The vehicle was located on property owned by the Hurd family. I'm sure LE had the opportunity that evening to go inside the 2395 dwelling. If there was broken glass on their kitchen counter, I'm sure LE would have made note of that, and possibly collected samples, with permission at that time. IMO.

The "glass chards" [sic] reference on the property seizure report does not indicate a location in MC's vehicle, it indicates as "from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery". I do not believe LE would include an item from 156 Crescent Bar Road on a property seizure report specifically related to recovery of MC's vehicle and its contents.

Law enforcement always has the option, in any document that goes before a judge, of requesting it be "sealed. If, in their opinion, the doc, lacks the need to be, no such request is made, and the document is filed "unsealed";thus becoming, a "public document". If it is ok with the cops and a judge, it is ok with me.

If you look at the return to the court, filed on Feb. 24, you see searches of the car were done on Feb. 11th and 17th. I guess if you get a search warrant, you have to show the judge what you got.

Attachments

• -Warrant for car Copy.jpg
    -Warrant for car Copy.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 29
I never commented that I believe the Hurd's were involved except for the following: someone at the 2395 Pitcher Canyon Road placed a call to LE to report a vehicle with "children's clothes", and probably also reported a purse in the vehicle but that information is not presented in the truncated 911 call report for that day. The purse reference does appear in news reports.

For that someone to report their were "children's clothes" in the vehicle they would have had to have approached the vehicle, close enough to see what was inside.

The property seizure report is specific to items as they relate to MC's vehicle.

No mention of a body, knife, blood trails, etc. on the report therefore, IMO the report is specific to MC's vehicle and probably to the PCR property because that is the "LOI - recovery" as it pertains to MC's vehicle.

The vehicle was located on property owned by the Hurd family. I'm sure LE had the opportunity that evening to go inside the 2395 dwelling. If there was broken glass on their kitchen counter, I'm sure LE would have made note of that, and possibly collected samples, with permission at that time. IMO.

The "glass chards" [sic] reference on the property seizure report does not indicate a location in MC's vehicle, it indicates as "from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery". I do not believe LE would include an item from 156 Crescent Bar Road on a property seizure report specifically related to recovery of MC's vehicle and its contents.

If you have access to all four pages of the seizure record you can see that this is just one page of two that have lists of items that were taken from the car.

The seizure record only lists the car as the place of search and seizure so the glass shards would have had to be IN the car on the 11th and 17th which is when the searches and evidence collecting took place in the vehicle.

Just wanted to let you all know that there is another teen that is missing in the Wenatchee area. She is from Peshastin, which is less that 20 miles west of Wenatchee. I'm not saying the cases are related. But a lot of you here are locals so I just wanted you to be aware.

Laurel Katherine Bailey, age 16, missing since June 25 from Peshastin WA. http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1151118&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

What a pretty girl."Laurel's ears are gauged" Somebody help, what is gauged? Are there any other details? Makes me think our kids can't go anywhere, alone. My daughter doesn't let her ten year old son walk from the car to class; she walks with him. After Kyron, in Oregon, I bet a lot of Moms will this Fall. It is a Sad state of afairs. As a kid, I was free to ride my bike anywhere with only one rule;"be home by sundown".

What a pretty girl."Laurel's ears are gauged" Somebody help, what is gauged? Are there any other details? Makes me think our kids can't go anywhere, alone. My daughter doesn't let her ten year old son walk from the car to class; she walks with him. After Kyron, in Oregon, I bet a lot of Moms will this Fall. It is a Sad state of afairs. As a kid, I was free to ride my bike anywhere with only one rule;"be home by sundown".

She is a very pretty girl...I sure hope that she is found soon. :(..

Buzz, for lack of a better way to explain it...someone who has their ears 'gauged' has the BIG holes in their lobe..in some cases the holes can be HUGE, I'll bet you've seen it and just didn't know that's what it was called.

Thanks for posting that link Idaho4Groenes!

If you have access to all four pages of the seizure record you can see that this is just one page of two that have lists of items that were taken from the car.

The seizure record only lists the car as the place of search and seizure so the glass shards would have had to be IN the car on the 11th and 17th which is when the searches and evidence collecting took place in the vehicle.

Odd that a location within the vehicle is not identified on the property seizure record for from where glass might have been retrieved.

Broken glass is significant, given the condition of the body. I would expect if LE found broken glass in the vehicle that they would detail the exact location, floor driver-side rear, or such, so as to prepare in trial for possible location of perp or body.

That is no minor point.

We know MC's vehicle suffered no broken windows, as we see all windows intact via photos taken in the impound yard.

But, the record does indicate: "from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery"

Without microscopic analysis of the makeup and edges of the glass supposedly retrieved from both locations (vehicle and kitchen counter) how might an officer identify a match of the pieces with such certainty on a seizure report?

Perhaps by color? Is the glass from the green glass bottle on the counter as appears in home sale photos of 156 CBR?

My original opinion was that the "glass chards" [sic] were from the green bottle. But that makes no sense. How would the glass be transported to the vehicle? MC was murdered at CBR so no need to return her body to the vehicle ,,, and why would the perp have glass on him? Well, we can assume for numerous methods.

Also odd: the six phone calls placed (to a #, the owners of which claim not to know MC and they claim no messages were left by MC) from MC's cell phone within minutes of MC having left the Academy of Hair Design parking lot. Then a text message to her boyfriend. No calls were made from the cell phone after 1542, with the phone powered off by 1742. No pings since.

It is rumored the # dialed from MC's phone belongs to the family of one of MC's boyfriend's co-workers. I wonder if MC's boyfriend had ever used MC's cell phone?

Love triangle, crime of passion.

Odd that a location within the vehicle is not identified on the property seizure record for from where glass might have been retrieved.

Broken glass is significant, given the condition of the body. I would expect if LE found broken glass in the vehicle that they would detail the exact location, floor driver-side rear, or such, so as to prepare in trial for possible location of perp or body.

That is no minor point.

We know MC's vehicle suffered no broken windows, as we see all windows intact via photos taken in the impound yard.

But, the record does indicate: "from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery"

Without microscopic analysis of the makeup and edges of the glass supposedly retrieved from both locations (vehicle and kitchen counter) how might an officer identify a match of the pieces with such certainty on a seizure report?

Perhaps by color? Is the glass from the green glass bottle on the counter as appears in home sale photos of 156 CBR?

My original opinion was that the "glass chards" [sic] were from the green bottle. But that makes no sense. How would the glass be transported to the vehicle? MC was murdered at CBR so no need to return her body to the vehicle ,,, and why would the perp have glass on him? Well, we can assume for numerous methods.

Also odd: the six phone calls placed (to a #, the owners of which claim not to know MC and they claim no messages were left by MC) from MC's cell phone within minutes of MC having left the Academy of Hair Design parking lot. Then a text message to her boyfriend. No calls were made from the cell phone after 1542, with the phone powered off by 1742. No pings since.

It is rumored the # dialed from MC's phone belongs to the family of one of MC's boyfriend's co-workers. I wonder if MC's boyfriend had ever used MC's cell phone?

Love triangle, crime of passion.

The # Mac's phone dialed 6 times shortly after leaving the beauty academy belongs to the Berg family. They have a 20 somethingyear old son who works where Mac's BF does/did. LE investigated and said that number and that family had nothing to do with what happened to Mackenzie.

I find it impossible to believe that Mackenzie's car was given only a cursory search, or even two, instead of the scientific forensic effort the case called for. We have professional Law enforcement here, I always thought, not Keystone cops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip