WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why the comments regarding the previous restraining order re: Mackenzie and VDD were removed from the Wenatchee World comments section? Too close for comfort?

They're removing all comments regarding persons who have not been named by investigators.

I was thinking about her phone and the ATM card that are missing. Why would someone take them and dispose of them?

ATM: Since the card was not used, the only thing I could think of is that they were intending on using the card and something happened, causing them to abandon the card or they took it to throw off the case. To the best of our knowledge the card is still missing.

Phone: Why would they take the phone? If they took it to dispose of a phone call or text message they sent her, they would be mistaken because all use is recorded by the phone system. If their call was on the phone it is on the system. Why would they dispose of the phone?

Someone earlier made a reference to Occam’s razor, the simple explanation is usually the truth. There is not a simple explanation to this problem.

Jimmy

I think there is a simple explaination of sorts.

I think she carried the card in her pocket, instead of carrying the entire bulky purse, and she carried the phone in another pocket/in hand. The phone may have some evidence on it...a photo perhaps. I think it was likely more about cleaning the crime scene than anything else. I think, when she was killed, the phone and card were handled by the perp or they fell to the ground and the perp wanted to clean up any possible ties to himself. He wasn't about to go anywhere near M's car, nor risk leaving evidence that may have traces of his DNA. Either the perp still has this stuff, or he dropped it somewhere he thinks it will never be found.

I was thinking about her phone and the ATM card that are missing. Why would someone take them and dispose of them?

ATM: Since the card was not used, the only thing I could think of is that they were intending on using the card and something happened, causing them to abandon the card or they took it to throw off the case. To the best of our knowledge the card is still missing.

Phone: Why would they take the phone? If they took it to dispose of a phone call or text message they sent her, they would be mistaken because all use is recorded by the phone system. If their call was on the phone it is on the system. Why would they dispose of the phone?

Someone earlier made a reference to Occam’s razor, the simple explanation is usually the truth. There is not a simple explanation to this problem. They took the phone so it wouldn't ping in areas that she was. If you read all the forums police can tell where the last ping was from. It's easy to dispose of a phone wherever you want to throw the cops off. I think we have all learned that since we have been on this forum. Thats what I would do take the phone and get rid of it in an out of place area. QUOTE]

Sorry my response ended up in the same sentence as you wrote.

What about the brody marks in the grass at the scene she was found?
Her body was found four days after the car was found.
Her body was left in plain sight and not in the house where evidence was found.
Some one wanted the body found and it wasn't found quick enough.
Maybe they came back and did the marks in the grass, knowing the home owner above would return for the weekend.
The tire marks where her body was found where noticed on a Saturday morning.
Being a place of off season and mostly weekend residents.
It sounds like someone may have wanted her to be found.

It sounds like someone may have wanted her to be found.

Exactly, and that someone was most likely someone close to her. From knowing what this person or persons did to her and since the murder was not sexually motivated, it is obvious they were taking some sort of rage out on her. Whether the rage was directed towards her or someoneelse and being taken out on her.

Exactly, and that someone was most likely someone close to her. From knowing what this person or persons did to her and since the murder was not sexually motivated, it is obvious they were taking some sort of rage out on her. Whether the rage was directed towards her or someoneelse and being taken out on her.

Yes! I have two teen daughters that have met MC. They feel it was between her and another individual that she had said the wrong thing to. Regarding a conflict between girls and boys they were seeing. They said that you have to be careful about who you tick off around here now. Because of the gang activity now.

Someone earlier made a reference to Occam’s razor, the simple explanation is usually the truth. There is not a simple explanation to this problem.

Jimmy

LE has not ever stated whether or not her debit card was found with her ... correct? Actually they haven't said much of anything and like someone else mentioned, when they do, it's often contradictory.

I'm still wondering if her phone was ever really turned off. Or IF it just lost the signal.

Getting anxious and I wish LE would make an arrest, already!

I thought one of the original articles also said a gas card was missing but am unable to find it now. Anyone know?

I have a question/comment. They clearly state in her description that she wears braces. In all the pictures I see, I would bet she does not have braces on. (I do see a very dated picture of her with silver braces, but not a current one) In fact, her teeth look pretty perfect. Two of my kids have been through braces, and they stand out in every picture. She has such a huge beautiful smile I think they would be more prominent. Does anyone know if she had invisalign? (the clear alternative to silver braces?) They pop in and out if necessary. I wonder if her braces were on her when they found her? They have made such a point of saying she wears braces. Anyone know what kind of braces she had? Wouldn't it be nice if we get some answers today, on the day of her memorial...

I have a theory. If the person who did this horrible crime to Mackenzie had a record, they would have been arrested for something unrelated. The rights of someone on probation are limited, their homes can be searched, they can be called in for a UA, and they can be under surveillance with very little limitation. On the other hand if their record was spotless, they may need to collect an over whelming amount of evidence against them in order to make the charges stick. They don’t want to mess this up for sure.

I'm Really confused. Yesterday I posted something about m's moms boyfriend and now it's not there.....? I had posted it right after james vics post about great minds. hmm

Im not sure if her debit card was found or not... but since her body was pretty much right along the river, wouldn't the most obvious thing to do is throw it into the river? Her card and phone. How bad is the current along that river, anyone know?

She had braces on her lower teeth because of a overbite. Also I'm not complety aware of the current where her body was found I do know the current around other parts of Cresant Bar. This time of year with no run off would leave the current pretty slow.

I'm Really confused. Yesterday I posted something about m's moms boyfriend and now it's not there.....? I had posted it right after james vics post about great minds. hmm

I noticed that as well. What is going on? I have been suspicious of him from day one and I can't find anything on him. Now your post is gone. I had a theory. She was involved in some illegal activities. Meeting up with a "group" and her mom's BF tried to stop it in its' tracks. JMO! Since the gang activity (both boys and girls) seems so exacerbated in the area, who knows. In the mean time, can I have that name again!!

I personally know the moms bf and I can without a doubt tell you that it was not him. I will tell you that, of course, he was questioned...thoroughly. Now I can say that I have my own opinions of him and it may not be that great....but that is for personal reasons and reasons unrellated to this case. But I absolutely do not think that he is or has the capacity to be a murderer. I know that what I think and what is true are two totally different things, but seeing as I know him and can make a fair judgement on his character, I have no problem stating my assessment of his involvement...or rather, lack there of.

Wengirl, it was my fault that your post was removed...I'm new here to webslueths so please forgive my actions as I wasn't aware at the time that initials were allowed, so I flagged your post. I apologize...it was before I read through everything in this thread and didn't know what/wasn't appropriate. It is up to you if you'd like to repost his initials (without any recourse from me), of course my opinion is that they are not relevant...but again, that is jmo. Sorry for any confusion I've caused!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aideen24